AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-27, 00:28   Link #321
4Tran

Usagi Drop 3

Usagi Drop is the second strongest show airing right now. The warmth of the relationship between Daikichi and Rin comes out very well, and it makes the episodes a joy to watch. The main problem with discussing it is that it's so dependent on atmosphere there really isn't all that much to actually say. There isn't much in the way of conflict, and both the characters are adjusting to their situations very well.

The show reminds me a lot of the Aishiteruze Baby anime. Both stories have followed the same beats so far, and I'd expect Usagi Drop to continue to do so for a while to come. The next few characters to be introduced will tell the difference.
Old 2011-07-27, 11:41   Link #322
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Currently my TOP 1 show this summer.
Heartwarming episode.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 07:42   Link #323
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
Yeah, I strongly feel that this is the must watch of the season. It's too heart-warming not to.

Never Knows Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 13:29   Link #324
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

I really love watching the start of every episode. The coloring and shading are very pleasing to my eyes.

Didn't expect Daikichi to have the means to contact Rin's mum, Masako so soon though.

Kouki's mum is really beautiful.
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 13:34   Link #325
Blaat

"I want to meet her (Rin Mum) if she's like Kouki's mother"
"Me too, me too!"

^that cracked me up.

Rin practising her little dance while singing twinkle, twinkle little star was just too cute (and I feel like saying 'too cute' is an understatement) Ah well looking forward to meeting Rin's mum.
Old 2011-07-28, 13:35   Link #326
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, that's it guys. Not that it's done bad (not at all - very faithful adaptation; it being TOO faithful is MY problem XD), but I'm done with the series, for now...

See you guys in the last episode! Just wanna know where they bring the series to a close.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 14:00   Link #327
deadite

Oh god they appeared! KOUUUKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! Nitani-san!!!!
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 14:28   Link #328
sikvod00

Amazing episode. Almost makes me want to rethink my decision not to have kids...almost.

Edit: I want to add something about episode 4. Although Daikichi is certainly going to have it tough raising a child, he is extremely lucky. Most people in his situation simply do not have the type of support system he has: caring and understanding family, friends, and coworkers who are there to help out, give advice, and even encourage him. It really does take a village...

Last edited by sikvod00; 2011-07-28 at 15:20. Reason: added some stuff
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 15:25   Link #329
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Ohara Sayaka voicing Yukari is simply perfect.

Also i await the "Kouki's Mother is a milf" comments.
Old 2011-07-28, 15:59   Link #330
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Another great ep. Rin is too cute. Didn't think he would contact Masako so soon either.
Old 2011-07-28, 16:20   Link #331
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Also i await the "Kouki's Mother is a milf" comments.
Well, she is a MILF. A very hot one to boot. Hmm, she could be a good match for Daikichi (who is already clearly interested in her). Rin would get a mom, and Kouki would get a dad! It's perfect!

However, let's first see what the other MILF is like. Assuming Rin takes after her mother, she must be incredibly pretty. I'm eager to find out how she could abandon a little girl as adorable as Rin.
Old 2011-07-28, 17:11   Link #332
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

While I admit that I found episode 3 dragged quite a bit, number 4 was over before I knew it. Probably the best episode so far.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 17:49   Link #333
User68604
Disabled By Request

all these eps go by too quickly :/ if only this was a 26 ep series..
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 17:49   Link #334
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

What a difference using real kids in the kid roles makes.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 19:14   Link #335
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

I loved the interplay when Rin demands that Daikichi make her hair "like bunny ears" (and that she calls them that - especially since she clearly has her favorite bunny toys - when I was her age, the cute term was "doggy ears" for those kinds of pigtails), and Daikichi utterly fails and knows it, yet Rin is delighted.

It was really sweet, and also it underscored what Kouki's mom said about how much Rin trusts and maybe even loves Daikichi already - it's only been three months, but they're clearly family.

I realized today that the animation during the ending song is seasonal! It's Januaryish in the story, and so there's snowflakes and wintery trees. In the first episode (or two?), it was September and the ending sequence had orange and red leaves and autumnal trees. So that's one of the things that must have clued me into the changing ED that I mentioned last week. I really like that it reflects the seasons like that. I'm guessing that we'll see the first year of Rin and Daikichi's life together, with 2-3 episodes per season (which fits into the 11 episode series and the time lapses so far).
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 19:30   Link #336
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm still not convinced Grandpa is actually Rin's father and not just a nice old man who agreed to look after Rin when Masako bailed. But that said, with Maaya Sakamoto voicing her she's sure to be a complicated and interesting character.

I've heard a lot from manga readers about Kouki and his mother, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they bring to the story. She and Gotou appear to have a lot of common interests with Daikichi - was Gotou still married?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 19:45   Link #337
Kirarakim

I am loving this series so much that I just bought the first 3 volumes of the manga. It's nice that at least something of this series is released in the States. I doubt the anime will ever get a DVD release.
Old 2011-07-28, 20:44   Link #338
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am loving this series so much that I just bought the first 3 volumes of the manga. It's nice that at least something of this series is released in the States. I doubt the anime will ever get a DVD release.
If Australia had Usagi Drop licensed before it even aired, then I'm fairly sure that the US will get a license down the track
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:47   Link #339
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
If Australia had Usagi Drop licensed before it even aired, then I'm fairly sure that the US will get a license down the track
Not necessarily, I heard you guys are getting Dennou Coil there and no word of us getting it here.

But I hope you are right in this case.
Old 2011-07-28, 20:53   Link #340
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
For sheer comedy/entertainment value, this was my favorite episode (Episode 4) of Usagi Drop yet. It managed to get more than a few chuckles out of me. It was both very amusing and also charming.

Usagi Drop has, of course, been nicely heartwarming, uplifting, and realistic (relative to most anime shows at least) all along, but this episode upped the basic entertainment value a bit for me.

Usagi Drop is also very tight. While it isn't a terribly complex plot, it still executes it perfectly in my view, and with just the right pacing. Any faster and it would lose its slightly relaxing slice of life atmosphere, but any slower it would threaten to lose my interest. As is, just the ideal pacing so far.

I have no complaints at all, really. This show has truly lived up to the high expectations many people had of it, in my view.

Tags
josei, noitamina, romance