AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

Old 2012-03-30, 16:32   Link #361
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It starts later in April, so it is 21 instead of 24 episodes. As to why? I don't know. Does it have the same time slot at Ozma? That's a six week show that should end around the time Hyou-ka starts.
I think it's taking over for Mirai Nikki that's ending mid april.
Old 2012-03-30, 16:44   Link #362
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Its probably 21 due to its starting later than the a4 episode series like accel world. So it can end the same time those kind of series ends. Kinda like guilty crown started late but ended around the others did.
Old 2012-03-30, 17:40   Link #363
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
It starts later in April, so it is 21 instead of 24 episodes. As to why? I don't know. Does it have the same time slot at Ozma? That's a six week show that should end around the time Hyou-ka starts.
Hyouka is taking over the 8 timeslots from Mirai Nikki and adding two. (one of the two will begin airing Mirai Nikki for the final 3 episodes before airing Hyouka) It won't be aired on NicoNico like Mirai Nikki, but that's how things are. Both are Kadokawa shows, so they likely bought the slots last year. It's not the same timeslots as Nichijou though.

It could also be that they are only adapting the first four novels, which is why they only made covers for those ones.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 17:45   Link #364
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
I don't really know how to feel about Hyouka, or Kyoto Animation's agenda, anymore.

Still giving it a shot anyway because I have a decent amount of faith in it, and I mostly blame Kadokawa Shoten for things like Endless Eight considering they hold the rights.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 18:35   Link #365
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Well I like the endless eight because they actually did something no other studio dare to do and it was something a book couldn't replicate. I watched it twice already though
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 19:00   Link #366
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

While I didn't like Endless Eight as a whole, I liked nearly every episode of Endless Eight on each one's merits. Most were well animated and had good artwork. It presented itself well, and something would show something different aside from a change of clothing. (it rained during one loop for example)

Hyou-ka should not be like that unless they have some really weird mysteries laying around that school. Remember, KyoAni usually does adaptations well. Yes they do change things from time to time (genderswapping the incestuous twins in Full Metal Panic for instance), but they keep the spirit of the original intact.
Old 2012-03-30, 23:49   Link #367
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
All their shows I've seen so far have been top tier shows for me. If the source material is great, then the show should be great then. Although, so far we have been introduced to the characters and setting, but nothing on actual story really. Does anybody know what exactly is going to be about without any spoilers?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 23:57   Link #368
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Hyou-ka should not be like that unless they have some really weird mysteries laying around that school. Remember, KyoAni usually does adaptations well. Yes they do change things from time to time (genderswapping the incestuous twins in Full Metal Panic for instance), but they keep the spirit of the original intact.
WOW!, you just blewed my mind with that, seriously, no sarcasm.
Old 2012-03-31, 06:30   Link #369
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Nyantype:
Old 2012-03-31, 06:48   Link #370
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Remember, KyoAni usually does adaptations well. Yes they do change things from time to time (genderswapping the incestuous twins in Full Metal Panic for instance), but they keep the spirit of the original intact.
They failed at adapting CLANNAD, and didn't just change something, but left a major plot point out that was central in the source: the 'light orbs' which would eventually lead to Tomoya attaining his own happiness (the end of After Story) by achieving the happiness of others. They failed to really touch on it when it was central to understanding the ending of After Story along with feeling a little less by confused by the existence of the Illusionary World.

Kanon and AIR were decent, Full Metal Panic was done in a method I don't agree with (one series full comedy, one series full action, the blend was what made the series for me), but I still hold true to my love of the Haruhi series and quite enjoyed Lucky Star. Nichijou didn't do anything for me, however.

Old 2012-03-31, 08:07   Link #371
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
They failed at adapting CLANNAD
I can assure you that you are in a very, very, very very small minority when you say that.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 09:11   Link #372
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I can assure you that you are in a very, very, very very small minority when you say that.
The majority has likely not played the source material, and It's called an opinion, sire, for a reason.

You cannot justify the quality of a work by its populist basis, you can only justify the quality of a work based on its merits.

Old 2012-03-31, 09:28   Link #373
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
The majority has likely not played the source material, and It's called an opinion, sire, for a reason.

You cannot justify the quality of a work by its populist basis, you can only justify the quality of a work based on its merits.
Strawman much? I don't remember saying anything regarding quality, argumentum ad populums or the merits of the series. Just that you were in the minority.

BTW. I played the game, in Japanese and English. And I loved the adaptation.

However...

Quote:
It's called an opinion, sire, for a reason.
Note taken. I jumped the gun a little there. However if you don't want to get people angry at you you should phrase them as such instead of phrasing them as statements.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 09:34   Link #374
HasuMasu
*Artist

21 episodes, huh? That's cool, but now I'll have to wait even longer to watch it.
Old 2012-03-31, 14:09   Link #375
rulfo

Yeah... April 22.... Man what a long wait.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 14:51   Link #376
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post

lights that give happiness is not a great idea, talking too much about it would not be very smart.
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 15:01   Link #377
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
While I didn't like Endless Eight as a whole, I liked nearly every episode of Endless Eight on each one's merits. Most were well animated and had good artwork. It presented itself well, and something would show something different aside from a change of clothing. (it rained during one loop for example)

The thing with FMP 2nd raid, was that the book author was the physical script writer. So whatever changes are likely as canon as it gets.

In general if there are any major changes in a KyoAni show, they would have ran it through with the rights holders. This includes Endless Eight. They care about the rights holder's opinion.
Old 2012-03-31, 19:45   Link #378
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
lights that give happiness is not a great idea, talking too much about it would not be very smart.
When it removes the very reason the ending in After Story occurs? Yep, it's a problem.

Old 2012-04-01, 00:36   Link #379
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
When it removes the very reason the ending in After Story occurs? Yep, it's a problem.
The light is seen at the start of every episode. And after each girl's problem is "solved", another light is added. So it's there. They just don't want to break the narrative by going outside what the characters could see.
Old 2012-04-01, 03:04   Link #380
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Better the story be about the story rather than making it a "got to catch them all" game mechanic plot. There was enough there to make them seen, but not enough to force a game mechanic onto the story.

Tags
adaptation, shounen, slice of life