AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-07-26, 22:42   Link #621
Tenzen12

I agree with that. But as long as Chamile "dies" some random blonde girl can live somewhere in stick far away from politics and intrigues. Everyone dying to make country better would be fine, but... bit too sad. Two of three should be enough I think.
Old 2018-07-28, 05:52   Link #622
Zefyris
図書館狼

This thread is so weird. You see many peoples participating, agreeing with each other, looking down on this title, and when you read them it feels (for someone who didn't read the novels and is just checking out of curiosity) that those peoples know what they're talking about. But for someone who've read the novels... All those posts are so off target that you're basically wondering if you didn't open the wrong thread by mistake. >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Peace is impossible as long as Chamille is alive
Sorry, that's just how I see it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I agree with that.
How do you even come to that conclusion I'd like to hear that. Chamille was never the cause of war with Kyoka in this series from start to finish, directly or indirectly. The contrary, since 1) Raptesma openly said that if she had known beforehand how good of a ruler Chamille was for the Empire, she wouldn't have openly sided with Kyoka in this war, and 2) she is one of Aryo's "raised geniuses" and he definitely doesn't want to get rid of her. Meaning, none of the two other nation leader see her being at the top of the Empire as a bad thing, quite the contrary, and would leave her as the top of that Empire even if Kyoka wins the war as this is beneficial for them.
Furthermore, due to now knowing that one the condition set by prof. Tachibana to receive hep is peace, every side has agreed that a prolonged war would not be beneficial to anyone and they want to settle the war quickly, so it'll be one last war and whoever win wins it all. They have no interest in continuing, whoever is losing is better off losing for good than trying stupid stuff like guerilla.

So Chamille alive or not this war will end in the next volume.
Furthermore, while in a WAR story of course anyone can die, Chamille is not directly fighting like Yatori or other officers. The most logical death that could happen to a leader is assassination. But like I said above no one in the other countries see Chamille's death as beneficial. As for someone in the Empire trying it, that's not happening either. Most of the potential on that side were killed during the Remion rebellion and anyone remaining was beheaded by Lucanti in the following two years.
The only nasty noble remaining around Chamille is Torisunai, and that guy basically worships Chamille as a living goddess. he wouldn't have any problem killing or manipulating anyone for the sake of making Chamille closer of his ideal ruler, but he would rather use his life to shield Chamille than kill her himself. On top of this, he's been getting quite softer lately due to Milvaquié. She really is doing a good job on all front since her appointment, what an amazing add to the cast she is.

So while anything can happen, Chamille death is not only NOT necessary for peace, but on top of this no one in position of doing it wants it so everyone even the enemies would be shocked if that were to happen.
Quote:
I don't know if Ikta dies, but I think he should. This would be story not about Ikta or Chamile, but about turbulent times of great revolution where many great people lost their life on altair of reforming country." The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" kind of thing.

Putting any romance aside, Ikta shouldn't be able act as wholesome person after Yatori death, he can live until his fullfil his task, but in the end there is no happy end for people who are missing half of soul. Chammile with bit of luck would survive and live peacufully in anonimity (maybe even getting own family) on the very end, though I don't think she herself has such intention now though.

Anyway I do belive classic happy end would ruin tragedy story like Alderamin. If you write tragedy you should at least write it properly and I hope author is aware of that.
While Icta's death is more likely than Chamille by a good margin, it's still not that likely, and more importantly, the "should" is really arguable.
First thing first, you talk about fulfilling his task, but the task that he put the most effort in won't be fulfilled the moment they win or lose the war at all. For Icta this is clearly not what he values as the most important right now.
Most probably, it would take him many many more years. If he dies now, his promise to the dying Yatori will stay as non fulfilled, for example.
There's no way Chamille tries to live in anonymity btw. She would rather die than do that. She's trying to redeem her own bloodline's faults. She will work herself to death to make it better for her peoples if Icta dies as no one but Milvaquié will be here to stop her doing so, and I'm not sure that Milvaquié can achieve alone what Icta + Milvaquié struggled to do together until now, especially if Chamille get the remorse of having Icta dying on her.

"Classic happy end" is perfectly fine. Once the war ends, it's quite natural for the survivors to come back and live with their loved one after all. Chamille has been suffering the whole time, far more than anyone else. Icta and Milvaquié have been working on it for a long while, her getting a happy ending would be the logical and long awaited deliverance after their hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
They want to have decent character in story? They want Ikta to end with decent character? Also, how desperate you need to be to put on cover character that is dead since 5 volumes? Even if series got canceled and this is last volume (not sure, someone posted info about this few pages back) something like this is bad idea. As for ending, I doubt Ikta will die, IMO author will push Chamile end.
What are you even talking about?
1) While I agree that Yatori was a decent character, there's plenty of decent to very good characters in Alderamin, it's not especially missing them. Chamille was already more developed than Yatori by volume 7, and Chamille has been a constant focus of development since Yatori's death.
you may not like Chamille, but that's your personal opinion. There's no possible comparison in how much Yatori and Chamille were developed. Chamille is the most developed character in this story with icta, Yatori is not even top 5.
2) the "they" you're talking about are, probably like you, anime onlys. they have no clue about a list of decent character anyway.
3) The series isn't "cancelled"... The 14th volume will clearly be the normal ending of this series, the author has already answered most of the questions there was to answer and everything is set for the remaining matters to be settled with a last volume. That series is selling more than enough to not be cancelled anyway.
4) Sorry to burst your bubble but this cover doesn't have Yatori as its focus so your point falls flat. While she is on it, there's a huge symbolism with all the knights being behind Chamille and especially with icta and Yatori having a mirrored position with one hand on her shoulders. Icta has been taking Yatori's role for Chamille as part of his interaction with her since Yatori died.
There's no "desperation" here. peoples buying the 14th volume of this story are remembering fondly of Yatori but they aren't buying it for Yatori, she's been dead since half of the total volume. *SMH* you make no sense whatsoever.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2018-07-28 at 08:04.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 08:13   Link #623
pervypig

Whoa, chew... opinions + shippings' free for all anyway, but imo, this story ain't likely to go kill 'em all end just as it won't go easy happy end. Why do people assume that you need a gal fawning after you in order to be happy? Bitches are outdated - go gay...
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-03, 07:23   Link #624
BobJosh

People have different opinions zeyfris, no need to fanboy that hard jesus.
BobJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-03, 12:09   Link #625
Zefyris
図書館狼

Opinions have nothing to do with my answers here though. Like I pointed out, all the things that I have quoted make no sense at all. Meaning the only reason someone would write that is if that person have not read the books and is giving his/her opinion as if he/she did.
You can't have "valid opinions" about quantum physics theories if you've never studied quantum physics. You can't have "opinion" about the way those novels are ending if you're not reading them to begin with. I'm not throwing "opinions" about novel's ending if I'm not reading that novel.
Old 2018-08-09, 12:16   Link #626
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

https://imgur.com/a/EdIz4ft << illust 14
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 12:23   Link #627
Jord
Banned

Not even surprised about Ikta and Chamille scene but is nice to see that.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 13:42   Link #628
Tenzen12

Yep, author really did it. At least I know there is no need keep eye on this novel anymore.
Old 2018-08-09, 18:14   Link #629
tuckersister

So Ikta is sentence to death for killing a key figure. Jeanne seem to be long gone..mentally. Also....I TOTALLY CALLED IT!!! IktaXChamille. What also cool it Ikta is smiling will he is tied up in front of officials at his execution.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 19:47   Link #630
bakato

Oh, they're kissing through bars.
Old 2018-08-09, 21:14   Link #631
MonkeyDude

Yatori died in the novels over 3 years ago and there are still people harping over it?
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 23:45   Link #632
Lautan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
So Ikta is sentence to death for killing a key figure. Jeanne seem to be long gone..mentally. Also....I TOTALLY CALLED IT!!! IktaXChamille. What also cool it Ikta is smiling will he is tied up in front of officials at his execution.
I knew it.
For those who have read this volume or maybe the spoiler, any chance Ikta is alive?
I'm not expecting much though, looking at that last illustration though that gives off vibe that Ikta is dead already
Lautan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 19:56   Link #633
tuckersister

We're get more info once the spoilers and summary comes out. I heard that Haro did something to the Kioka side.
Old 2018-08-10, 20:13   Link #634
bakato

If it's any consolation to Yatori shippers, Ikta will be with your best girl in death. Hmm. If I think about it that way, his execution doesn't sting as much.
Old 2018-08-11, 02:48   Link #635
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lautan View Post
I knew it.
For those who have read this volume or maybe the spoiler, any chance Ikta is alive?
I'm not expecting much though, looking at that last illustration though that gives off vibe that Ikta is dead already
The book is just out yesterday, i don't think anyone beside those who is in Japan have read it yet
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 12:49   Link #636
BobJosh

Quote:
Yep, author really did it. At least I know there is no need keep eye on this novel anymore.
Same, lost interest as well, glad I even dropped the anime, and didn't waste more time. Same cuck ending as erased.
BobJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-17, 05:23   Link #637
tuckersister

Hopefully someone will put up vol 14 summary. Just be patient.
Old 2018-09-08, 07:18   Link #638
tuckersister

I found out Haro cut her hair as proof of her friendship with Chamille and Ikta.

I wonder if Haro killed anyone after her defection.
Old 2018-09-15, 23:26   Link #639
EvI

So is this novel over? (like, the mc died?)

Any summary?
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 05:25   Link #640
daemon17

Any summary about the last volume ?
The MC diéd ? Chamille alive?
daemon17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, historical, military science fiction, statecraft, tearjerker, tragedy