AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-06-12, 04:36   Link #1
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Resident Evil 2 REmake (January 25, 2019)

It's coming. January 25, 2019.

Detailed from Gematsu:

Quote:
About

The genre-defining masterpiece Resident Evil 2 returns, completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game. The nightmares return reimagined for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC on January 25, 2019.

In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?

Key Features

A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic – Based on the original PlayStation console release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience.
A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release.
Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD).
Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instant visible damage, making every bullet count.
Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival.
See favorite characters in a whole new light – Join rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy on his first day in the job and college student Claire Redfield, who is searching for her brother amidst a terrifying zombie
epidemic.
Step into the rookie shoes of both heroes – Enjoy separately playable campaigns for both Leon and Claire, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspective.
How old was I when this came out? I basically played this game so much I could probably get through the RPD Police HQ blindfolded.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 05:14   Link #2
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Now I can finally play the game
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 10:39   Link #3
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Cool. I wasn't expecting a RE 2 remake.
I wonder if the remake will fix the continuity error issues of RE3?
Old 2018-06-12, 18:57   Link #4
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The reports also mention the possibility of the old school fixed camera angles being an option.

Also Elza Walker costumes for Claire. For those not in the know, Elza Walker was the original form of the main female character in the prototype version that would eventually become Claire Redfield.
Old 2018-06-12, 20:50   Link #5
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Absolutely fantastic use of lighting. That infamous corridor looks more terrifying than it originally was.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2018-06-12 at 23:55.
Old 2018-06-12, 23:46   Link #6
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Police Station first floor layout with comparison to original layout, courtesy of Gamespot, unless they somehow change it in the release.

It would seem there's an indicator that tells you if you've completely managed to search out the room for everything in it. In a way it's good because it'll help keep track of unnecessary backtracking.
Old 2018-06-14, 14:04   Link #7
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The reports also mention the possibility of the old school fixed camera angles being an option.
If this is indeed an option, it's a nice touch for those so inclined; I for one believe that games like Dead Space put to rest once and for all that fixed angles and purposesly-clunky controls are needed for a 'survival horror experience'.

Quote:
Also Elza Walker costumes for Claire. For those not in the know, Elza Walker was the original form of the main female character in the prototype version that would eventually become Claire Redfield.
Another nice touch. If they also had different dialogue scriped for Elza, I wonder if it comes with the costume...

More generally... aside from the continuity error issues MrTerrrorist points out, I do wonder if this will also include anything the team had wanted to include in the original release, but never got to.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 21:28   Link #8
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Which continuinity error was this?
Old 2018-06-20, 17:43   Link #9
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Me too. I thought RE3 had multiple endings and it was not shown a canon one.

Also, I wonder how is the extent of this game's horror. I mean, Leon's skills in the original PSONE were epic and he was just a rookie.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 09:18   Link #10
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I would assume that the canonical ending to 3 would be the one involving Barry, since he appears in Revelations 2.
Old 2018-06-22, 23:48   Link #11
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

System requirements for the PC version:

Quote:
Resident Evil 2 Remake Minimum Spec PC Requirements

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x with 2GB Video RAM
DirectX: Version 11

Resident Evil 2 Remake Recommended Spec PC Requirements

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 or AMD FX-9590 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 480 with 3GB VRAM
DirectX: Version 11
Very similar to the sysreqs for RE7, pretty expected since it's it's the same REngine.

Me? My PC can handle it easy, but one of my favorite games was played on the PS and I'll be playing it on the PS4.
Old 2018-08-09, 19:27   Link #12
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

New info
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-25, 03:47   Link #13
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

IGN Claire gameplay.

Old 2018-09-21, 20:47   Link #14
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

TGS Trailer

Old 2018-09-21, 21:06   Link #15
Marina2

I hope there is raid mode in remaster.
Old 2019-01-12, 09:01   Link #16
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Anyone tried out the demos?
Old 2019-01-12, 17:11   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I did, mainly out of nostalgia. I remember playing a timed demo of RE2 almost 20 years ago (unlike now, you could retry as many times as you wanted). I didn't get very far before my 30 minutes were up, as it took me a while to get my bearings. I think it stopped right when I was about to meet a licker (I had found a note about them). The game looks really good. The zombies don't seem very threatening given how slow they are, but they're still dangerous since multiple headshots are required to kill them (about three bullets, I'd say). Incidentally, the aiming could use some improvement, but it's mostly fine. As for ammo, maybe it was the demo but I sure found a lot of them. Since I didn't face any lickers and therefore don't know how many bullets you need to kill them, it may be more balanced than it looks.
Old 2019-01-13, 17:31   Link #18
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
I tried the demo on PC.

It's pretty amazing, both the game and the technical aspects. Controls are perfect and it should be able to run on most modern PCs.

Now I really want to play this game badly...
Old 2019-01-14, 10:28   Link #19
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Played the demo on PS4 and PC.

Fantastic demo. The atmosphere is almost perfectly on point, the controls are tight but still allow that relative imprecision in the shooting. Graphically the game looks great, better on the PC as REngine is just so damn well optimized with a huge ability to tweak the settings for all sorts of machines. I recently bought an RTX2070 with a 1440p/144hz monitor and the game runs fabulous.

The use of lighting in this game is simply astounding. If you're a PC player, you do yourself a disservice to play in lower volumetric lighting settings. This should be played with the best lighting settings possible.
Old 2019-01-17, 15:49   Link #20
DracoS

After playing the demo on ps4, it looks like zombies fondness for not being quite dead has increased. Main thing I took from it is only fight if you 'have too'. Crimson heads might be a thing yet too.
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote