AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-08-02, 06:24   Link #1041
Psyco Diver

Gamescon code for some personal missions for camo

W0W54TG4M35C0M
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 16:22   Link #1042
Psyco Diver

Neat they gave my wife a 14 day rental Massachusetts lol
Old 2018-08-13, 23:01   Link #1043
Psyco Diver

3 battles in the Massachusetts and she's fun but meh. She feels like a softer armored but harder hitting Bismarck. Great when your top tier but in a t10 match she is a chore where the NC has no issue being in a t10 match. I'm pretty sure if I bought this ship I would be disappointed, she's fun but the Bismarck does it better
Old 2018-08-14, 07:56   Link #1044
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

TBH, I'm not sure having a nerfed Alabama with lulz-level secondaries is worth the tag price. Sure, it knows how to give grief (especially if you have AFT + IFHE) to enemy DDs with poor decision-making skills and no respect for personal space, but the nerfed main gunnery precision (which is already reduced, compared to the NC's) counterweighs that.

True, it's not AS bad as the derpiness of the Roma, but I can't justify slapping 40+ Euros just to have a ship whose main attraction are the secondaries.

That said, I'm enjoying my hiatus. Will probably wait well after the RN DD arrival to start playing again.
Old 2018-08-23, 11:00   Link #1045
Psyco Diver

I bit the bullet and finished the Bretagne last night; 31.25% wr 60k avg damage and 1.69 avg frags lol. What a boring ship with no luck, nothing sticks about her, good range, good gun angles, pretty good AA, slow, okish armor. It lacks any spark like the Kongo is fast, NY has a devastating broadside, Konig is a tank and the Iron Duke has its BS HE. I hope the Normadie isn't as boring
Old 2018-09-03, 09:54   Link #1046
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Soooooooo...
...Earlier today I get this email from WG:

Quote:
GREETINGS, CAPTAIN!
We have credited following ships (with commanders) to your account:
  • Medea
  • Valkyrie
  • Wakeful
  • Alaska
  • Le Terrible
  • Jean Bart
You can use following equipment during the test:
  • Any signals and flags;
  • Any modernizations;
  • Any commander skill points;
  • Any camouflage;
  • Any premium consumable.
(...)
I log in, no new boat in my carousel.

Then a couple hours later:
Quote:
COMMANDER!
Recently you may have received an email from us regarding test ships being credited to your account.
This email was meant to be sent to our community of Supertesters only, but was delivered to you by mistake.
We sincerely apologize for causing any confusion and we will make sure this does not happen again.

(...)

Damn you for making me dream, WG!

That said, I already knew the first email was too good to be true, as I knew STs are recruited and not drawn at random.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2018-09-03 at 10:10. Reason: contracted I dyslexia suddenly
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 11:13   Link #1047
Psyco Diver

Ouch, I would love to be on the ST.
Old 2018-09-27, 05:56   Link #1048
Psyco Diver

Played a couple games last night, I was quickly reminded why I am taking a break from the game
Old 2018-10-17, 05:58   Link #1049
Psyco Diver

Well I'm in the CV test, I guess we'll see tonight if it's a total disaster
Old 2019-01-03, 17:27   Link #1050
Psyco Diver

New CVs are going live in a couple weeks. I know I'm keeping a close eye on the next PTS to see the AA changes
Old 2019-01-03, 18:28   Link #1051
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Made my return to WOWS shortly before Christmas, took the Ultimate Treat package, which offers 12,500DB and 30 days premium. Then with the 50% doubloon price promotion, I bought for 12,000DB a full year of premium time (normally 24,000DB). So now I have 390 days of PT and with the recent event, I'm currently at 400 days remaining. Gotta love hacks like that (both are still viable right now, BTW). XD

While I have successfully completed the three first Prinz Eitel Friedrich directives, I think I won't grind the fourth and final one to get the PEF. I don't think I'll have enough time to grind 4M for the US, British, Japanese, French, German and Russian branches (24M total)...and I'm taking it slow so as to not contract another case of gaming burnout. If I had more premiums and a large stock of economical signal flags, maybe I'd bother, but I really don't feel like grinding.

That said, I'm really worried about the CV rework will do to the game, especially since AA now seems pretty much worthless.
Old 2019-01-06, 11:46   Link #1052
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Somebody please craft me a dunce cap for personal use...I think I now fully qualify for one.

So I have been having a LOT of fun this past couple of days grinding the remainder of my T7 Mahan. I have to say, as a cruiser and BB main, I didn't expect to enjoy a DD this much. I have often been wary of US DDs due to their short torp ranges (I'm more of a stealth player, so I prefer torps to gunnery), but the last couple of ships, T6 Farragut and T7 Mahan, have prompted me to revise my opinion on gunboat gameplay. I'm so satisfied with this ship (I'm consistently in my team's top three) I'm even thinking about keeping it in my port rather than selling it off.

So not even five minutes ago, I managed to earn the 115K XP needed to graduate to the T8 Benson. I didn't intend to get the latter ASAP: I'm currently hoarding credits so that I can afford several sets of upgrades (concealment, etc) and B hulls for other ships I'm grinding (I find my Seattle grind particularly tedious and not particularly rewarding) and I'm therefore thinking, "well, I'll just allocate the XP to research and unlock the Benson and nothing beyond that".

And so I put my words into practice.

But my brain, due to its manifold reptilian atavisms and Neanderthalian tendencies, saw a big button called "purchase" and, before my mind could tell this vital organ to hold on, absently pressed it.

And now I have a spanking new Benson in my port and I'm down from 9.1M credits to 140K.

Somebody slap me awake, please. I can't afford more accidental purchases like this (I really need those modules for the Seattle and Alsace). T_T
Old 2019-01-06, 15:46   Link #1053
Psyco Diver

I wanted to love the Mahan but I did so terribly in it I shame sold it. I just couldn't get a handle on her

That said I finally fully upgraded the Monarch but this ship is a struggle which is odd because I usually do great with odd duck. She is definitely the hardest T8 BB to use
Old 2019-01-06, 16:20   Link #1054
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, there are some ships where you expect to do well in them, but against all expectations, they just prove reluctant to cooperate.

Case in point: I had a blast playing the Mahan the first half of the day, but now is a time of horrors, because I'm trying to grind the Seattle (almost exclusively), and right now, I just want to cry myself to sleep in a corner of my room. I really regret (accidentally) purchasing the Benson, because I really, really needed the credits to get Hull B, a concealment mod, a steering gears mod and an aiming systems mod (which I could replace with an AA mod) for the Seattle. But nooooooo, I just had to be a distracted bot and this evening ended up being a lengthy tale of unending torment because of that unfortunate moment. T_T

44K out of 242K. The road to Worcester shall be a long, tortuous one. Shame is, I'm saving my FXP for either a Nelson or a new free XP premium...so I won't spare any on this measly cruiser. FML.
Old 2019-01-11, 15:46   Link #1055
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, it's funny how time eventually makes you eat your own words. I previously stated I was very unlikely to get the Roma because of its manifold flaws and...what do you know, I just turned around and got myself a pizzabote.

The tortuous mental process that led to this reversal is too long to explain, but I'm not dissatisfied with my financial risk-taking here. The Roma does have a rather nasty dispersion but bloody hell...those rounds, when they do impact, they vaporize a huge chunk of HP. Perfect for punishing broadside BBs and angled CA/CLs. Don't know whether I'll get the Kobayashi camo: the monetary windfall is hella alluring and I'm not sure it'll be offered forever (the High School Fleet collaboration just expired, so I guess the MK collab camos are also on a ticking timer), but I'll be tightening my belt after this rather pricey acquisition.

You have to admit it, though: the Italians knew how to build them pretty.

ION, I already have three of the six Imperial Treasury missions completed (US, IJN, KM) and am starting my fourth (the Roma), though I'm not sure I'll be going out of my way to actually get the Prinz Eitel Friedrich. Word from across the aisle says it ain't that great and I'm wary about self-inducing another case of gaming burnout. And I'm getting tired of seeing the current profusion of PEFs, Musashis, Jean Barts and Kronshtadts/Stalingrads in Random ATM. That said, I still have something like ten days to get there and I don't mind breaking out my Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya and Warspite for a change.

EDIT:
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

EDIT bis: got it!

Three new ships in one week...that's like a birthday party, only less than two weeks early.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2019-01-13 at 06:33.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-13, 21:22   Link #1056
Psyco Diver

I'm done with the game for a long time, maybe for good. Uninstalled and deleted from my computer, I'm tired of playing and getting angry at even good games. I tried taking breaks and joining a clan but this was the final straw.

Its a shame a family member gifted me a year of premium, if I've known I would have told them don't do it but I tried playing through it but I just can't. I need a different game and I need this one off my computer so I'm not tempted anymore
Old 2019-01-14, 09:12   Link #1057
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

It's a pity you feel that way, mate...not that I don't know where you're coming from, as I also have those days where you just want to quit and seek something better. Hope you find something else to resource yourself with. I'd advise to look into games that don't have a multiplayer component, you'll remove a potential source of frustration from your experience.
Old 2019-01-31, 18:56   Link #1058
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Not sure if I'll ever touch a carrier again after the update... Never felt so useless, even when I got completely pwned by the other carrier.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2019-01-31 at 19:42.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 05:40   Link #1059
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Yeaaaaahh...0.8.0 feels like a huge clusterf***. Due to family concerns (health scare) I wasn't able to jump into Randoms yesterday but today on my first match I was met with pure chaos and it's not exactly a good feeling. The air wings (now two CVs per side, on average) are just relentless and with their ubiquity the concealment you worked so hard to pay off feels almost useless...and to top it off, WG nerfed that skill.

I had aircraft attacking me from every bloody direction, distracting me from ship-on-ship engagements, making them an even greater nuisance than before. Thankfully the air damage isn't as catastrophic as before (AP bombs and torps), but their persistence counterweighs that a lot...and in some cases outweighs it.

DDs are feeling the brunt of the changes as they are being actively hunted now (and to top it off, they also lost some of their stealth as aforementioned) and almost permaspotted. I sold my two CVs (Ranger and Bogue) for both $ and FXP and that theoretically allows me to advance to either the Kitakaze or the Fletcher, but with DDs getting smacked and spotted left and right, I'm not sure I want to get a new one right now in these conditions. My other choices are getting a Roon (though I hated the German cruisers that had two thirds of their main battery on the back rather than the front) or a Charles Martel. Thinking about just hoarding the FXP for now.

Note: WG removed all of our AA Guns Mod 2s (slot-3), uptiered them to slot-6 and put them in our inventories, which makes for a nice profit as you can resell the AAGM2s for 1.5M credits apiece and replace the voided slot-3s with the 500K AAGM1. Haven't had the chance to read the AA changes in-depth, but AAGM1, from what I heard, is the AA mod you want (more flak bursts), so that makes it a nice bonus. Don't forget to check your inventory and sell your surplus AAGM2s for a good padding.

Thankfully, there is a 100% free captain respec promotion right now, meaning you can move captains around without any fee and redistribute your skill points as you see fit. I was therefore able to retrain a lot of my earlier commanders and even make them alternative captains for my main ships (for example, I have a 19-point Montana commander that is geared towards survivability/persistence and I have retrained my recently-unlocked 15-point William F. Halsey Jr. to be a more AA-centric Montana commander). However, that means I have to make certain sacrifices for those backup commanders, such as trading Concealment or Fire Prevention for Advanced Fire Training...or Basics of Survivability for Basic Fire Training, both moves I'm not very keen on: FP is a godsend on certain ships - my Montana, for one, thrives with it, and I can't wait to add this skill to both my tinderbox!Nelson and my new Roma.

One thing that REALLY annoys me is that my beloved Atlanta has lost much of its AA value now, as the reworked AA mechanics apparently don't play well with this light cruiser. I sincerely hope WG will buff the Atlanta in a future patch.

P.S. Hopefully the number of CVs per match will drop soon (both from boredom and maybe from a CV quota change), I feel that they're making their presence a lil' too well-known ATM.
Old 2019-02-02, 17:59   Link #1060
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Yeaaaaahh...0.8.0 feels like a huge clusterf***. Due to family concerns (health scare) I wasn't able to jump into Randoms yesterday but today on my first match I was met with pure chaos and it's not exactly a good feeling. The air wings (now two CVs per side, on average) are just relentless and with their ubiquity the concealment you worked so hard to pay off feels almost useless...and to top it off, WG nerfed that skill.

I had aircraft attacking me from every bloody direction, distracting me from ship-on-ship engagements, making them an even greater nuisance than before. Thankfully the air damage isn't as catastrophic as before (AP bombs and torps), but their persistence counterweighs that a lot...and in some cases outweighs it.

DDs are feeling the brunt of the changes as they are being actively hunted now (and to top it off, they also lost some of their stealth as aforementioned) and almost permaspotted. I sold my two CVs (Ranger and Bogue) for both $ and FXP and that theoretically allows me to advance to either the Kitakaze or the Fletcher, but with DDs getting smacked and spotted left and right, I'm not sure I want to get a new one right now in these conditions. My other choices are getting a Roon (though I hated the German cruisers that had two thirds of their main battery on the back rather than the front) or a Charles Martel. Thinking about just hoarding the FXP for now.

Note: WG removed all of our AA Guns Mod 2s (slot-3), uptiered them to slot-6 and put them in our inventories, which makes for a nice profit as you can resell the AAGM2s for 1.5M credits apiece and replace the voided slot-3s with the 500K AAGM1. Haven't had the chance to read the AA changes in-depth, but AAGM1, from what I heard, is the AA mod you want (more flak bursts), so that makes it a nice bonus. Don't forget to check your inventory and sell your surplus AAGM2s for a good padding.

Thankfully, there is a 100% free captain respec promotion right now, meaning you can move captains around without any fee and redistribute your skill points as you see fit. I was therefore able to retrain a lot of my earlier commanders and even make them alternative captains for my main ships (for example, I have a 19-point Montana commander that is geared towards survivability/persistence and I have retrained my recently-unlocked 15-point William F. Halsey Jr. to be a more AA-centric Montana commander). However, that means I have to make certain sacrifices for those backup commanders, such as trading Concealment or Fire Prevention for Advanced Fire Training...or Basics of Survivability for Basic Fire Training, both moves I'm not very keen on: FP is a godsend on certain ships - my Montana, for one, thrives with it, and I can't wait to add this skill to both my tinderbox!Nelson and my new Roma.

One thing that REALLY annoys me is that my beloved Atlanta has lost much of its AA value now, as the reworked AA mechanics apparently don't play well with this light cruiser. I sincerely hope WG will buff the Atlanta in a future patch.

P.S. Hopefully the number of CVs per match will drop soon (both from boredom and maybe from a CV quota change), I feel that they're making their presence a lil' too well-known ATM.
It will drop because most of us don't actually like the changes. Flak is far too OP, and by the time we now lightly damage a BB we could have sunk a Bismarck class BB without AP . It's probably closer to WoWP than WoW atm. Really not funny to play at all.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
naval warfare, warships