AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-17, 05:54   Link #21
Psyco Diver

First episode down and I felt like I'm watching the beginning of a hentai during the second half. Not sure if I'm staying on board with this one although it has potential for being a hilarious trainwreck
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 09:58   Link #22
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Ow, episode 2~

Hot steamy s*x
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 18:57   Link #23
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Just watched second episode and... is bad. Pretty bad.

I coudn't care less if the bland protagonist had 'pretend'-sex with that miko-tsundere off-screen. We didn't even saw the new nameless child born.

Please someone kill that hentai tanuki. He is too stupid to be funny.

In my opinion, so far the score is 2 of 10. Just one more episode. If don't get better, i will definitely drop.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 15:31   Link #24
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Say, did he actually have a real threesome with those two? Shit in this show is way too vague and misleading to take at face value.

Seriously though, this anime is way too blandly made. I'm starting to believe that the budget for it came from selling lemonade in front of the studio....
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 20:16   Link #25
BWTraveller
Born to ship

One big problem I have is the girls are WAY too easy this time around. That's one reason you typically have around 5 girls, unless the story continues through a much longer period. These girls are a lot like the first two children: one hit and they're down for the count. I really like harem series, but the girls need to at least require more than a nibble and an obvious one-liner.

Only good girl here is the childhood friend, both because the establishment of her having liked him before makes her present affection more believable and because they demonstrate he can screw up and cause problems in their relationship.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-30, 13:30   Link #26
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 06:13.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-13, 17:05   Link #27
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, Mana just managed to sink this even lower. This week, a high-class Maiden is conquered using Stockholm Syndrome. Even references him directly. And the loli is postponed for a week.

Seriously though this series feels like so much wasted potential. As he talks with Collette the girl directly addresses the fact that he's really only trying to win these girls' hearts so he can get them to make babies with him. I'd thought for a long time a story like that would be interesting: romance where one or both have other reasons for trying to make it work, and the awkward conflict that could arise from this. Trying to fall in love would be a very difficult task, made only more difficult and awkward by planned outings where both are deliberately trying to flirt. So much could be done with this concept, and so little IS done.
Old 2018-11-20, 15:52   Link #28
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Here I thought I'd seen it all. "What part of me do you want to eat?", spoken by the tiny little Colette while she rolls a giant bread p****. And right when I thought I might just be imagining things the rest of her bread concepts proceed to get more and more explicit... This girl is supposed to be innocent right? And then the height of absurdity, instead of being near-naked when she performs the ritual, she and Itsuki are dressed like a chikuwa and a sausage. Somehow I get the feeling subtlety was not a high priority for this staff.
Old 2018-11-21, 05:48   Link #29
DanielSong39

Maybe the whole concept was flawed to begin with; I would've been much more interested if the show (and the game) was about Itsuki producing 12 offspring with Miharu in another world.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 17:11   Link #30
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Maybe the whole concept was flawed to begin with; I would've been much more interested if the show (and the game) was about Itsuki producing 12 offspring with Miharu in another world.
I wouldn't go that far. It's just overcrowded. The concept of a guy and group of girls having no choice but to develop romantic feelings and then make a child together would work well, there's plenty of fun you could have with that sort of awkwardness. But if you have twelve different girls you're going to need more than twelve episodes to make the idea work. And you'd almost certainly have to have the interactions be spread more thoroughly. You can't just have a girl of the week or something, giving only enough time to let the audience know "this girl has this quirk" and then have them hook up. That's like being told to judge a series of fine dishes by swallowing each one whole one (or two) at a time. We need time to savor the characters if we're going to like them, and we certainly need more than a brief shallow interaction before we'll buy that the girl's really developed a "bond" with the hero. I would have enjoyed spending more time with the girls, getting to know their personalities and really savoring their ups and downs, but instead we've got "See this girl? She's underage and she wants to make bread but no one buys it but she's also a closet pervert who likes to make genital-shaped bread so let's see her have sex dressed like a chikuwa ok bye". A weird character like that might have been fun to watch, but they hardly give us time to register that she even HAS a character.

If this had maybe five or six girls, I think it would've been a lot better. Or if it was a full cour or more. But a half cour with twelve romances AND a dungeon to conquer is just too much packed into too little space.
Old 2018-11-30, 11:03   Link #31
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 04:10.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-26, 01:49   Link #32
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, harem