AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-08-29, 23:25   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 916 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Let's do this! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the info:

-Chapter title is "Great Sumo Match in the Wano Country". Splash is a color page.

-Urashima is naturally enraged after Okiku humiliated him, and strikes out at her! However, Luffy intercepts and blocks the attack! The rubber man is then introduced as a sumo wrestler.... whose track record is total victory against Usopp, lol. He says Urashima is free to punish Okiku if he can beat him, but is pretty confident that he won't. The match is now underway....!!!

-Meanwhile, Holdem pinches Tama's cheeks in order to activate her ability, but it doesn't work. In fact, he only succeeds in making the poor girl upset. The headliner then talks about the Kouzuki clan, saying they were an evil clan who tried to destroy Wano 20 years ago.....

-Hawkins is briefed on the situation, and warns his men not to fight Luffy. We then briefly see Law and his crew. It turns out the Heart Pirates captain has been working incognito as a doctor, and is now tending to Bepo, who ate some fish from the poisoned rivers. Back to Luffy, he thrashes Urashima, sending the sumo champion flying. In fact, Urashima ends up crashing straight into Holdem's base! Luffy's group then call out for the thugs to bring out their boss, and starts beating them up! Shortly, Holdem appears before them, and his lion is holding Tama in his mouth! The situation becomes even more complicated as Hawkins draws nearer, whose attention was drawn by all the ruckus! Law only becomes more annoyed by Luffy's antics now that he knows Hawkins is involved.....!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-08-31 at 04:28.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 00:53   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Looking forward for the bitter reunion between Law and Hawkins.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 06:47   Link #3
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Of course another break next week. Sigh.
Old 2018-08-30, 11:16   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Looking forward for the bitter reunion between Law and Hawkins.
Unless I've forgotten something, it's not like they were friends. They should barely know each other.
Old 2018-08-30, 13:40   Link #5
Rainbowman

Law vs Hawkins. That should be an interesting battle.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 17:18   Link #6
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Unless I've forgotten something, it's not like they were friends. They should barely know each other.
They're not friends so i expect a bitter reunion for fellow Supernovas. We also don't know where is Apoo and prison that holds Eustass.
Old 2018-08-30, 22:58   Link #7
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
The headliner then talks about the Kouzuki clan, saying they were an evil clan who tried to destroy Wano 20 years ago.....
Why does this feel like Dressrosa all over again?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 23:12   Link #8
J4n1

Quote:
-Urashima is naturally enraged after Okiku humiliated him, and strikes out at her! However, Luffy intercepts and blocks the attack! The rubber man is then introduced as a sumo wrestler.... whose track record is total victory against Usopp, lol.
You laugh, but we often keep forgetting where we are.
To 99.9% of the World, Usopp would present an insurmountable obstacle.
It is only among the pirate crews capable of traversing the New World, that Usopp is not a top tier fighter, and even then, only among higher levels of Emperor and Supernova crews where he might not be seen as a contender for the top ranks.

And, yes, Luffy did win against Usopp, but it was not a painless victory.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-31, 00:03   Link #9
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post

When is the sumo match again? Is it at Gold Movie that involves Alchemy or Tessoro or maybe at other series (manga or other movie)?
Old 2018-08-31, 00:53   Link #10
rladls2121

Law and Hawkins, the smarter ones in lot of stress.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-31, 03:07   Link #11
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
When is the sumo match again? Is it at Gold Movie that involves Alchemy or Tessoro or maybe at other series (manga or other movie)?
During the Water 7 arc, sure it was not sumo, but still...
Not sure if there have been actual sumo matches outside manga.
Old 2018-08-31, 04:38   Link #12
marvelB

Okay, updated the summary a bit! Interestingly, Hawkins seems somewhat wary of Luffy at this point. Also, kinda related to the events of last chapter, but Zoro flat-out tells Okiku that he WON'T watch her back. Heh, makes me curious to see how Sanji would react to that? Anyway, that's two headliners with Hawkins and Holdem, but what about the third guy, Speed.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
You laugh, but we often keep forgetting where we are.
To 99.9% of the World, Usopp would present an insurmountable obstacle.
It is only among the pirate crews capable of traversing the New World, that Usopp is not a top tier fighter, and even then, only among higher levels of Emperor and Supernova crews where he might not be seen as a contender for the top ranks.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love Usopp and don't look down on him at all (heck, I was one of the few who wasn't pissed off when he ran away from Trebol back in Dressrosa). I still found it amusing that he was singled out as being Luffy's sole sumo opponent, though!

BTW, I dunno about anyone else, but Luffy's finisher against Urashima kinda reminds me of the Bazooka he used on Wapol so long ago.....
Old 2018-08-31, 12:49   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It looks like Okiku has never fought anyone for real before. Still looks like she can hold her own, at least against fodders.
Old 2018-08-31, 15:03   Link #14
J4n1

Quote:
Hey, don't get me wrong, I love Usopp and don't look down on him at all (heck, I was one of the few who wasn't pissed off when he ran away from Trebol back in Dressrosa). I still found it amusing that he was singled out as being Luffy's sole sumo opponent, though!

BTW, I dunno about anyone else, but Luffy's finisher against Urashima kinda reminds me of the Bazooka he used on Wapol so long ago.....
I kinda hope that having Usopp being singled out is foreshadowing to things that Usopp has been doing while in Wano, apart from selling miracle cures.
Old 2018-08-31, 15:33   Link #15
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It looks like Okiku has never fought anyone for real before. Still looks like she can hold her own, at least against fodders.
Speaking of, is it just me, or does she seem to also have a split personality like Pudding and Cavendish? It looks like she's timid one moment, then switches to completely serious the next. It's.... odd, to say the least.
Old 2018-08-31, 19:03   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Speaking of, is it just me, or does she seem to also have a split personality like Pudding and Cavendish? It looks like she's timid one moment, then switches to completely serious the next. It's.... odd, to say the least.
Yeah, it's weird. It feels like she's trying to hide something. It could just be her quirk though.
Old 2018-09-11, 20:57   Link #17
Theia_Loki

Why do I get this weird mental image of Holdem having a Texas accent whenever he talks?
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote