AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-25, 10:24   Link #3441
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Cross over is near finished already, i think? Also there's an One shot of Seo Sensei work that's translated, named half&half, it's medicore, though.
He has done others like "Love Radar", which was, I think, a manga adaptation of a biography or a novel, and "W's Doubles". There is a list on the Japanese Wikipedia.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
Old 2009-03-08, 09:22   Link #3442
Kikuchi

Finished the manga this morning. I loved some parts, hated other, but found it was really good, in the end.

The ending was really depressing though. Despite the happy tone, the main characters' lives are ruined and they brought down many people with them. I guess that's what they mean when they say "Life isn't as easy as you think".
I can't bring myself to hate anyone for this situation, though.

Finally, I must also say that the end reminded me an awful lot of Kare Kano. Not that's it's a bad thing, but with that reference in mind, there was no big suprise for me in the last chapters^^'
Here's hoping that Fûka won't end up falling for Yasunobu
Old 2009-03-09, 18:28   Link #3443
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2009-03-10, 05:26   Link #3444
Kikuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Spoiler for Ending:
I'd be really surprised if they only did it once. There wasn't a need to show it each time, you know

But yeah, ultimately, another outcome may have been better. It's not like in Kare Kano, where the characters just "went with the flow" despite being smart, with the baby being the trigger which made them do what they actually wanted to do.
Old 2009-03-10, 17:01   Link #3445
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
I'd be really surprised if they only did it once. There wasn't a need to show it each time, you know
No need to show it, but it is an important indicator of their relationship so I think we would have been informed in some way.
Old 2009-03-10, 19:46   Link #3446
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Actually, I always thought that the ending was a sly snipe of sorts at athletes who thought that they could play the sport forever, and didn't plan ahead before their retirement. Personally, I would like to see a sequel where Fuka reaches Suzuka's age, and decides to become what her mother could not.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-03-10 at 20:10.
Old 2009-03-15, 10:54   Link #3447
AyaToujo
Ichigo 100% Forever~

i thought that the ending was pretty good not sad but happy 1 xP
Old 2009-03-17, 00:13   Link #3448
annon252

wow...

So I saw the anime way back and even bought some of the manga as it came out (up to vol 4). I lost interest, but i recently found it and reread it. Once I got passed what the anime covered I could not put it down. I really enjoyed it, however,
Spoiler for suzuka plot:
I read through it pretty fast online. I enjoyed it so much I went ahead an ordered the rest of it. It will be nice to reread the whole thing and actually pay attention to the graphics instead of rushing through it to see what happens next heh. First manga I actually finished.

Last edited by annon252; 2009-03-17 at 01:33. Reason: spoiler warning
Old 2009-03-17, 07:34   Link #3449
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yeah, the anime wasn't that bad but it stopped half way through the story. But the manga is obviously better.

Now join us in reading Kimi no Iru Machi, which is by the author.
Old 2009-03-17, 10:55   Link #3450
AyaToujo
Ichigo 100% Forever~

Quote:
Originally Posted by annon252 View Post
So I saw the anime way back and even bought some of the manga as it came out (up to vol 4). I lost interest, but i recently found it and reread it. Once I got passed what the anime covered I could not put it down. I really enjoyed it, however,
Spoiler for suzuka plot:
I read through it pretty fast online. I enjoyed it so much I went ahead an ordered the rest of it. It will be nice to reread the whole thing and actually pay attention to the graphics instead of rushing through it to see what happens next heh. First manga I actually finished.
lol why no? i think it was funny part
Old 2009-03-22, 15:28   Link #3451
justavisitor

just reread Suzuka...this time I feel the ending is smoother, not as abrupt as it was when I had to wait for the newest chapter every week

Overall I think this manga is pretty good...now I am following the "A town where you live", another romance mange from the same author
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-04-06, 03:47   Link #3452
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I just finished this series and really loved the ending.

Eventhough it's disappointing to see them dropped out of college and giving up
their athlete career, it's also very heart warming to see them happily married especially
with the obstacle and hardship they had to go through.
Old 2009-04-06, 08:10   Link #3453
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I had mixed feelings with the ending. But the final chapter was drawn beautifully and definitely left you feeling good.

Now start to read Kimi no Iru Machi - I think its better than Suzuka, so far at least.
Old 2009-05-31, 09:53   Link #3454
The Pirate Eli

Just finnished Suzuka... (major spoilers!)

For some reason, I feel I have to voice my feelings about it, after finishing the series... First, I loved it, and wished there was still something to read...I'm sad that it's over.

But it makes me even sadder that Suzuka winds up as nothing more than a house wife! Even if she didn't end up as a professional athlete, she shouldn't just be sitting at home all day! So much wasted potential....

Another minor thing, there was never any closure on Niki's' feelings for Yamato. Pretty much every other girl that had feelings of some kind were resolved one way or another...But Niki's feelings just sort of hung around until the end without ever coming into play. Poor girl, she might not have gotten her heart broken like some of the characters, but she was just sort of forced to sit on the sidelines the whole time.

Okay, done with my useless rant. Thoughts, anyone?

Oh, also. I'm new. Hello everyone.
Old 2009-05-31, 13:05   Link #3455
The Pirate Eli

Wait...Kimi no Iru Machi is about a girl who moves from Tokyo to Hiroshima? Lol, reverse of perspective from Suzka, I guess.

EDIT: Oh...I get it now...

Last edited by The Pirate Eli; 2009-05-31 at 13:20.
Old 2009-05-31, 13:23   Link #3456
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

The manga didn't resolve the rivalship between Arima and Yamoto as well. Although Yamoto was not going to develop his ability through university (if I remember correctly), the workplace he went to offered him the chance to continue on his training and had a team. I always thought Miki and Hattori would end up together, they were like the two opposites who attract one another. It was a nice ending but one I think Seo Kouji did not plan until much deeper into the manga and I think its a shame as I will always feel it is incomplete.
Old 2009-05-31, 20:19   Link #3457
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Suzuka is Seo-sensei's first break-out work, I believe. It's like Love Hina to Akamatsu Ken. I'm sure with A Town Where You Live, he's refining his act by the chapter.
Old 2009-05-31, 22:52   Link #3458
The Pirate Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
The manga didn't resolve the rivalship between Arima and Yamoto as well. Although Yamoto was not going to develop his ability through university (if I remember correctly), the workplace he went to offered him the chance to continue on his training and had a team. I always thought Miki and Hattori would end up together, they were like the two opposites who attract one another. It was a nice ending but one I think Seo Kouji did not plan until much deeper into the manga and I think its a shame as I will always feel it is incomplete.

Yeah, I was sort of expecting a conclusion to the rivalry in the park when he told Arima about the pregnancy. Sort of an unofficial race down the park road, or something, since Arima realized that Yamato wouldn't be running any more...Instead they beat the crap out of each other.
Old 2009-05-31, 23:54   Link #3459
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Suzuka is Seo-sensei's first break-out work, I believe. It's like Love Hina to Akamatsu Ken. I'm sure with A Town Where You Live, he's refining his act by the chapter.
Yea I think I'd say that, altho I think Suzuka is good I'm loving Kimi no Iru Machi more, its much better IMO.
Weirdly tho I prefer Love Hina to Negima with that matter
Old 2009-06-01, 00:11   Link #3460
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Negima is a SJ series running in Shounen Magazine. Go figure.