Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-16, 16:24   Link #301
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
A whole episode about the rebirth of manga using yaoi?
Was amusing as I thought the first manga was going to be about romance about a guy and a girl, I should of taken the hint when the people who was reading as the MC went pass was all female.
And now they got manzine... what does the guys get?
A real life
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 16:30   Link #302
sa547
*Author

Well, at first I thought Y's discovery of the cache would bring about the revival of mass printing of just any piece of knowledge and therefore reintroduce higher education, which in turn could've been used to rebuild the country and even the world to its pre-apocalyptic state, but turns out she got pretty much obsessed about yaoi doujinshi.

Any more realistic, and she would've been blamed for disrupting country life, but because of her official posting, they think her "work" is considered vital to UN's (seemingly feeble) reconstruction efforts. Good thing there weren't any strict conservatives within this alternate universe.

But then with the doujins Y figuratively rediscovered the lost art of making fire, and as such wanted to spread the wealth as far as possible for free (makes us think about open source software) and without restriction, exercising the right to free speech, and if my memory serves me right, in the entire episode I haven't seen her raking in monetary profit, just that she was utterly thrilled with her creation.
Old 2012-07-16, 23:16   Link #303
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
"Ho Ho Mo"

LoL. This series is hilarious.

That just killed me.
Old 2012-07-17, 07:34   Link #304
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
This ep reinforced my suspicions that this entire anime is a satire on human culture. Talking chickens notwithstanding. Also, what happened to her magical living hair?
Note episode 2 mentions that she had to cut her hair because she 'botched the Human Monument Inquiry'. Eps 3 is about her 'friend' who's supposed be doing the Human Monument but instead gets side tracked.

My guess? Eps 3 is before eps 1-2 in chronology. I'm speculating that in the end the UN is going to have Protagonist be the 'formal investigator' of Y's actions done this episode, but she will intentionally ruin it so Y will be punished less harshly, or something to that effect. But of course, this would lead to her cutting her beautiful hair.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 09:56   Link #305
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Note episode 2 mentions that she had to cut her hair because she 'botched the Human Monument Inquiry'. Eps 3 is about her 'friend' who's supposed be doing the Human Monument but instead gets side tracked.
It seems they pulled a haruhi on us, which makes sense since they put first the most interesting episode and they probably will save the best for last.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 14:14   Link #306
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Until it was pointed out, I don't think anyone not familiar with the source material knew that the anime adaptation's story was going to be told out of order...

So in this case, please observe this spoiler rule going forward:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairin View Post
1. Do NOT post ANYTHING from or based-on the source material about future content in anime threads

This means:
  • no hints or "teasing" of any kind about what will happen later
  • no guidance about how to interpret current anime events to hint at what is coming later
  • no answers to any questions (plot-related or otherwise) that will be answered later
  • no source-related details that anticipate what you hope or know is coming later
  • no discussing or alluding to future arcs or characters
Anime-only viewers should refrain from posting questions or comments in anime threads that request for this type of forbidden information.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 14:33   Link #307
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Really enjoyed the unexpected "change of pace" and ... hmm ... angle of presentation, maybe? ... of ep 3. Very well done.

Oh, and the ED is really growing on me as really fitting and a perfect reflection of the series.
Old 2012-07-18, 00:19   Link #308
chaos_animagic

I bet the "manzine" is what caused the "mankind" to decline.... LOL

Too many girls focusing on "BL" and forgot about regular relationships and thus reproduction rate went downhill and to decline.

What did they think guys were going to do?... reproduce between 2 males?... LOL

BTW, I wonder how it would feel to be inside a Manga... where stuff is produced based on what you do... (and if you think of fantasy stuff, would it happen?)

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2012-07-18 at 00:29.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 01:42   Link #309
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post

Too many girls focusing on "BL" and forgot about regular relationships and thus reproduction rate went downhill and to decline.

Because guys have no interest in seeing two women get it on.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 07:16   Link #310
Shadow5YA

The problem wasn't just the fujoshi culture, it was that the women forgot their original duties to focus on it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 07:35   Link #311
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The problem wasn't just the fujoshi culture, it was that the women forgot their original duties to focus on it.
Reminds me of the infamous Dutch "Tulipmania", where almost everyone got into tulip speculation and trading, not knowing that they were driving the country to ruination.
Old 2012-07-18, 12:48   Link #312
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

the manzine is only 1/2 of what mankind's decline. The other half is VR MMOG for the guys.
Old 2012-07-18, 12:54   Link #313
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Pics to back up your astute observation:

-------->

monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 18:54   Link #314
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I was wondering why they chose to have the fairy holding a lily there. xD
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 11:15   Link #315
cyth
Banned

Some of my favourite highlights:

"Y has learned how to fake an out-of-character smile, just like a normal member of society."
"Ah, manzines are such a beautiful thing ... except I don't buy any of that crap."

And wow, if fairies are responsible for the blank magical manzine, I guess they gave humans exactly what they wanted. Now Y doesn't need to write down her fantasies, she can simply live them out.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 10:56   Link #316
Midonin
Last Engage

End of the World Party 04 - Now, As Long As They Don't Clip Show Themselves

An artistic young man, a delusional girl and a sarcastic taglong are pulled into a fantasy world through devices they only vaguely understand, come to recognize their fictionality, and though they don't win, gain new understanding of what it means to be fictional and what makes a good story, despite that they never were and never will be official.

...I really need to expand my frame of reference.

That said, loved this two parter. Y(umeria) and Mai's adventure in the manga, while it did sting at parts, was also a bit of an ode to what it means to create as well. The gladiator scene, in particular, looked pretty awesome for something they whipped up on the spot. The gulf between popularity and quality can be difficult, if not outright impossible to determine, but it's worth aiming for. (And I kind of want to see those anthropomorphized chess pieces Yumeria was going on about.) The fairies don't even seem to be that malicious with it. Though they were cancelled, nothing bad happened. And like any cult series, if even one nerdy person catches it, no amount of cancellation can make them forget.

And that's why Y is a lot of fun to watch.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:39   Link #317
kari-no-sugata

Ep 4...

Ahh, that was good fun.

snuggle snuggle.

I hope hoping for some yuri though
Old 2012-07-22, 13:07   Link #318
00Coyote

I'm loving our MC more and more. Her ability to be dumped into a completely bonkers situation and still deadpan snark is legendary.

*SHOCK*
"What is this!!"
"That's a sound effect. Duh"

This episode needed about 10 more minutes of time, so they could have expanded and filled in a bit on the various scenarios they ended up going through. I felt cheated we didn't get to see more of them. I did find the animated rough storyboard at the end highly amusing.

It also seems that she does have a special connection with the faeries, i.e. they will talk to her. They seem to disappear when other humans are around, except for Assistant and Gramps. Either that or they were terrified of Y.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 13:12   Link #319
tsunade666

Great episode! really really great. The seiyuu's make it great and even if the animation doesn't look at awesome. The story compensates for it.

I can't stop laughing non-stop when watching this awesome show. This episode also teaches how to create manga and how hard manga industries is.
Old 2012-07-22, 13:28   Link #320
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Think this is my favourite episode, who knew being stuck in a manga would be so much fun. Not only do we get to see them off in different adventures and solving the mystery but also teaching us about manga.

I just notice that the MC can understand her Assistant even though there is no notepad to communicate with. The scene where the MC was voicing her Assistant was quite funny.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen