AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-07, 04:41   Link #341
myopius

I just finished Root Double, and loved it. I don't know if anyone will ever outdo this game.

It differs from Ever17, but what it has in place of Ever17's story elements, I still like for the exact same reasons I liked those story elements of Ever17. IMO, it would be inconceivable to take a scenario as complex as Root Double and adjust its presentation to mimic Ever17.

What I feel deserves the most praise is the scenario. Really, I feel as though it's just unbelievable how good the scenario is. The setting a lot more deep and complex than that of any VN I've played, and it's thematically far, far more ambitious than Ever17. The story is vast and just doesn't stop growing, and everything is consistent and satisfying. It also has constant exciting plot elements (especially in route A) which make for great pacing, and the psychological intensity of the story (especially in the final part) made for amazing character development.

Spoiler comments about Root Double:
Spoiler for Root Double:

On a side note, Mashiro and her seiyuu Imai Asami were one of the best parts of the story for me. I didn't expect her to be one of the characters with the best development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denlee View Post
Do you think it may be playable (and enjoyable) for me under this conditions? I haven't played a VN in English yet so I myself have no idea. Thank you!
The infodumping/explanations are always very clearly worded and repeatedly summarized (especially in route A), more than any other VN I've played. And all conversations are fully voiced, so you can hear every word spoken. But as expected of a game with a tips section, a lot of topics are covered, so you'd need to be willing to look up occasional words you don't know.

Last edited by myopius; 2013-10-07 at 05:00.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 19:52   Link #342
denlee

Any news about the extended edition for Windows? Should I wait or it just won't be released on PC?
(Don't currently own neither PS3 nor Vita.)
denlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 21:34   Link #343
MCAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdwK...ature=youtu.be

Sekai Project is working with Lemnisca to bring this game to the West.

Looking forward to it and congrats GundamAce.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 07:48   Link #344
VDZ

Very hyped about this game.

It's in the wrong forum, though. Wonder why they didn't move this over during the split?
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 23:33   Link #345
denlee

OK, is there any real reason to wait indefinitely for the extended edition of this game for Windows, or there are no real game/plot-changing differences? Just found this game for Win (normal edition) in a second-hand shop in Akiba for a decent price, and I don't really want to buy the PS3 or Vita just because of one game, so I'm really considering buying it. Is there any good reason to wait for the translation (apart from the translation itself) which maaaybe might be released on Win OS as the extended version?
Thank you!
Old 2016-01-06, 04:41   Link #346
denlee

Rejoice! (And back up)
English release of the Xtend Editon (may be) coming to PC!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-xtend-edition
Old 2016-01-30, 03:35   Link #347
denlee

Come on, everybody, how come there's 18 pages worth of conversation about this game, and suddenly no interest at all? The funding looks promising, 5 days and 20 % to go, so we might really get the English translation of the Xtend version for PCs, and for PSV (US) in higher tiers. I'm more excited about the Xtend version being on PCs than the actual translation, but it'll be even more fun in English...and I guess the only option for most people here to even be able to understand it. (Or is it dead here already? Or just everybody waiting silently for the results? )
Anyway, 5 days to go!

Last edited by denlee; 2016-01-30 at 03:45.

Tags
visual novel