AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-17, 10:21   Link #2141
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
I wanted more Gundam. When I saw the PV for the new gundam series, I decided that I want more Gundam Seed. =)

No Diss to the new Gundam Age though. It just doesn't look like my slice of the pie.
i feel the same way it even makes 00 good to me.
Old 2011-06-17, 10:35   Link #2142
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

yes we need GS era to come back to SAVE us from this.

really give next year will be 10th year of GS maybe GS movie or something to GS era will rise?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 08:41   Link #2143
rakusukira

I'd vote for a REMAKE of Destiny..

and please.... no more Shinn Asuka..

but they would need A LOT of money to do that.. anyway, GS ERA FTW!!!
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 09:32   Link #2144
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well depends give still more to do on GS era like prequel series besides saw trailer amv style of first class on GS era http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTKVkPi2AwA maybe do more past of GS from years before start of ep.1 of GS.

yet pull next generation series like star trek & degrassi focus on new generation with original still there now older.

also GS movie still owe us come i would even help on it.

really so much yet next year is 10th year of GS era.

truly GS era is the real gundam series of this generation.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 00:48   Link #2145
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Fukuda once said in a 2003 interview that Orb was supposed to represent his idealistic version of Japan.

What does he mean by that, and how was Orb in SEED different from Orb in Destiny?
Old 2011-06-20, 03:57   Link #2146
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Fukuda once said in a 2003 interview that Orb was supposed to represent his idealistic version of Japan.

What does he mean by that, and how was Orb in SEED different from Orb in Destiny?
ORB in SEED was very much true to their ideals.

1.) ORB must not meddle in affairs of war
2.) ORB must not attack another nation
3.) ORB must not side with either faction

in SEED, EAF was forcing ORB to submit to them so that they could use the Morgoenrate facilities to supply them with power in the military. ORB refused and Uzumi blew up Morgoenrate . however, ORB did meddle in affairs of war by joing the TSA and ended the war.

ORB in Destiny was not very true to ideals. Aside from the fact that an 18 year old girl is ruling the country, ORB was afraid to be attacked again by EAF. the other "royal" families that were part of the assembly of ORB were very much EAF sympathizers ( the Seiran family to be exact). Cagalli wasn't much of a capable leader that time and so crumbled under the influence of the assembly and succumbed to EAF. not to mention that running away in the Archangel only made matters worse because the Seiran family took over for a short while .
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 08:48   Link #2147
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post

in SEED, EAF was forcing ORB to submit to them so that they could use the Morgoenrate facilities to supply them with power in the military. ORB refused and Uzumi blew up Morgoenrate . however, ORB did meddle in affairs of war by joing the TSA and ended the war.

ORB in Destiny was not very true to ideals. Aside from the fact that an 18 year old girl is ruling the country, ORB was afraid to be attacked again by EAF. the other "royal" families that were part of the assembly of ORB were very much EAF sympathizers ( the Seiran family to be exact). Cagalli wasn't much of a capable leader that time and so crumbled under the influence of the assembly and succumbed to EAF. not to mention that running away in the Archangel only made matters worse because the Seiran family took over for a short while .
But what was Fukuda's ideal Japan like? Was it like Orb?

I also read in the MechaTalk forums and TVTropes that the negative portrayal of the Atlantic Federation was based on George W. Bush's America, though these pages should be taken with a grain of salt, as well as IMO, that the AF/Blue Cosmos/LOGOS are the CE equivalent of Zeta Gundam's Titans and Wing's Romefeller Foundation.
Old 2011-06-20, 11:38   Link #2148
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Red face

Quote:

But also one to operate on a very powerful military apparatus, which in turn assists in grating greater independence. FATkuda is not alone in this. Idealistically, many wish for a powerful and independent Japan with significantly more freedom in foreign policy than what they have now. Sad to say, much of Japan's foreign policy is restricted by the United States, and many have criticized the Japanese government's weakness in, for example, handling the North Korean situation. Although the Japanese military is growing increasingly powerful in all aspects (Japan has Asia's best navy, for example), its freedom to act is nonetheless greatly limited by Japan's self-imposed article 9 and the presence of the United States.

One of the reasons why people voted for the Democratic Party of Japan during the last election and for the first time, decisively defeated the LDP as the ruling party of Japan was because amongst many of the party's promises, one of them was to have greater independence in foreign policy, while reshaping the existing partnership between Japan and the United States.

But who knew they were so fucking inept?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-06-20 at 11:57.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 11:46   Link #2149
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
1.) Didn't happened. the main "meddlers" were of ORB citizens (Hai, mai sisters the ruler)

2.) Correct, but given the actions of no.1, nope. (I am jesus yamato)

3.) Entirely true so what other choice than to make themselves a superpower nation. (I have every-one on my side, including a pink haired princess singer coordinator who goes into seed mode to totally pwn her opponents using only WORDSZZZZ.)

I agree though on most of your post.

The way I see it. CE has ended. Nevermore. A bunch of sequels or manga's out there or what not but a full blown series (even a freakin' movie) won't really make this gundam universe any better. Especially when the "main" players are still around and alive and gods and won't just freakin' DIE!!!!
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 12:02   Link #2150
Tak

Quote:
ORB in Destiny was not very true to ideals. Aside from the fact that an 18 year old girl is ruling the country, ORB was afraid to be attacked again by EAF. the other "royal" families that were part of the assembly of ORB were very much EAF sympathizers ( the Seiran family to be exact). Cagalli wasn't much of a capable leader that time
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
1.) Didn't happened. the main "meddlers" were of ORB citizens (Hai, mai sisters the ruler)
First and foremost, ORB is not a dictatorship (more like an oligarchy, EG. China). Sometimes, one is entrusted with the position of leadership not because he/she can lead, but because he/she can easily be manipulated by factions in the background. This unfortunately, happened to Cagali.

Quote:
A bunch of sequels or manga's out there or what not but a full blown series (even a freakin' movie) won't really make this gundam universe any better.
Hate it or love it, it is the most popular Gundam series since a long time (significantly exceeding even 00), and also a gigantic money bag.

Quote:
Especially when the "main" players are still around and alive and gods and won't just freakin' DIE!!!!
If anything bad happens to Lacus and Kira, I can almost guarantee you that FATKuda would end up being grilled on a skewer.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-06-20 at 21:35.
Old 2011-06-20, 21:05   Link #2151
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

If anything bad happens to Lacus and Kira, I can almost guarantee you that FATKuda would end up being grilled on a skewer.
Fukuda was quoted as saying that Kira and Co. were "straying from the path of justice".

I'm all for turning Lacus heel, or at least turning her into a Relena/Haman hybrid, if the Final Plus/SE4 ending is true.

Also, speaking of the Final Plus/SE4 ending, Lacus was implied to be the new leader of ZAFT, but how much control does she have over Orb, or is Cagalli still in charge of Orb?
Old 2011-06-20, 21:34   Link #2152
Tak

Quote:
Fukuda was quoted as saying that Kira and Co. were "straying from the path of justice".
I do not remember FATkuda ever said anything to this effect, and I know I have been reading most of his interviews. Never mind that it doesn't make much sense.

Quote:
I'm all for turning Lacus heel, or at least turning her into a Relena/Haman hybrid, if the Final Plus/SE4 ending is true.

Also, speaking of the Final Plus/SE4 ending, Lacus was implied to be the new leader of ZAFT, but how much control does she have over Orb, or is Cagalli still in charge of Orb?
There is a significant possibility that Lacus is the new head of PLANT/ZAFT, given how she is the only individual in the known universe with an organized military force.

How much control does Cagali has over Orb is questionable. If it wasn't for Lacus, she would not have been able to resume some degree of political control in her own country. Lets not kid ourselves, by the end of GSD, Lacus had in effect, almost complete command over Orb's armed forces in addition to her own.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2011-06-20 at 22:03.
Old 2011-06-20, 21:39   Link #2153
larethian

Quote:

you mean PLANT right? well of course, that be implicitly extended to ZAFT in a way. and i thought it was blatantly shown in SE end that she heads the entire council.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 22:33   Link #2154
Washu-Chan