AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-05-24, 02:43   Link #141
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Just watched ep 7 that was shown on advanced preview on HBO Go.

Spoiler for Ep 7 You Win or You Die:

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2011-05-24 at 07:44.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 02:53   Link #142
Pacify

As a big fan of the novels, must say I'm loving this adaptation, its friggin brilliant, they would be hard put to do better. Still wondering how they going to end the series at episode 10, will they be able to finish off book in the another 3 episode!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post

What makes Jamie look worse is that he's attacking Ned for imprisoning Tyrion for a crime Jamie himself committed. The ego.

And as for the gay scene, it wasn't in the books I hear but apparently the HBO guys talked with GRRM beforehand and he confirmed those two jousted for the other team.
1. Hehe, speculation bro (i will say no more)

2. Yeah, if your careful you will pick it up in... by book 3 rofl.

Kinda expected them to downplay the wolves, its sad but kinda understandable. Yup, we have yet to see the youngest stark boy (Rickon). Poor Sansa, she really is hopeless.

Anyway less cant wait for the next book next month ^_^
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 07:27   Link #143
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Actually, Rickon was in the first episode

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 08:14   Link #144
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacify View Post
Kinda expected them to downplay the wolves, its sad but kinda understandable.
No it's not! When I read Lady being killed in the book, I was practically mortified. At that point I had assumed those Stark children were the 'chosen ones' for something and the dire wolves were essential to that. So to have one of them killed was when I first fully thought "Holy crap, this is definitely not your typical fantasy".
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 15:51   Link #145
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

One of the best lines in this weeks show was when King Robert slapped Cersie and she says she will "wear the slap-mark as a badge of honor" Robert replies, "Wear it in silence or I'll honor you again". You can always tell when the dialogue is straight from the books and when it's not.
Old 2011-05-24, 16:46   Link #146
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

For a race of horse humping loving savages, the Dothraki have an excellent grip on irony lol.

And we've reached the part of the first book that made me fall in love with series for what has to be a decade ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Indeed
Quote:
Spoiler for So goes the game for thrones:
Quote:
Spoiler for so it goes ...:
Quote:
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
No it's not!
Well yeah, it is. The creators have been saying that working with the wolves had been very difficult, and been thinking about switching to CG ones.

That still didn't stop people from raging about Lady's death though.
Old 2011-05-24, 22:36   Link #147
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

If they are going to try and stay close to the books then they will have to switch to some CG next season and on. There are going to be a lot of things that can't be portrayed unless done with good CG. At this point if they wanted to portray the wolves without cg they would at least have to use some kind of forced perspective like they did with the hobbits in LOTR. The wolves at this point in the story are pretty much supposed to be the size of small ponies. They at least have to give Ghost some special attention. Nothing makes a character cooler (Jon Snow) than having a huge white wolf with blood red eyes following you around and taking perfect commands.
Old 2011-05-25, 00:10   Link #148
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Another phenomenal episode...This might be the best medieval adaptation i have ever watched...I'm almost at a loss at how they filmed all this...Imagine a Hollywood movie using ridiculous amounts of CG vs. the crisp, subtle, cinematic, atmospheric approach HBO is using...I don't even notice the CG...3 eye'd ravens anyone?

So many awesome scenes (Golden Crown anyone?), where to begin? The Heat-Bulls game forced me to watch a bit late tonight, after the Mavs-Thunder series screwed me last night on watching the show, but hell if I was gonna miss it tonight...Gotta get ready for bed so I'll just talk about one contrasting scene that was awesome...

The Prince got game and his little panty-puller he put on Lady Stark was smooth as hell...Now to contrast that scene of budding royalty was the scene of the prostitute showing the young Lord of Winterfell her vahjayjay for a snagged silver coin as he professed his love as she turnip-carted out of town...

I thought that was great^^...

More to say, so much more, but I'm sleepy...Well maybe one more thing:

Batshit Queen to Imp's guard:

"You have no honor!!!"

Imp's Guard:

"No...

...,He did..."

Epic laffter from wingdarkness at this one scene xD...

This show is the $hit....
Old 2011-05-25, 04:37   Link #149
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
The Prince got game and his little panty-puller he put on Lady Stark was smooth as hell...Now to contrast that scene of budding royalty was the scene of the prostitute showing the young Lord of Winterfell her vahjayjay for a snagged silver coin as he professed his love as she turnip-carted out of town...

Correction. Sansa is not Lady Stark, that title belongs to her mother and for the second part, that wasn't Robb Stark, that's Theon Greyjoy.
Old 2011-05-25, 09:17   Link #150
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Another phenomenal episode...This might be the best medieval adaptation i have ever watched...I'm almost at a loss at how they filmed all this...Imagine a Hollywood movie using ridiculous amounts of CG vs. the crisp, subtle, cinematic, atmospheric approach HBO is using...I don't even notice the CG...3 eye'd ravens anyone?

So many awesome scenes (Golden Crown anyone?), where to begin? The Heat-Bulls game forced me to watch a bit late tonight, after the Mavs-Thunder series screwed me last night on watching the show, but hell if I was gonna miss it tonight...Gotta get ready for bed so I'll just talk about one contrasting scene that was awesome...

More to say, so much more, but I'm sleepy...Well maybe one more thing:

Batshit Queen to Imp's guard:

"You have no honor!!!"

Imp's Guard:

"No...

...,He did..."

Epic laffter from wingdarkness at this one scene xD...

This show is the $hit....
It was also a revealing line. Because it shows that's where honor gets you in this fictional world. Falling out of the sky dead. It's particularly meaningful since the most honorable man in the series, Ned, is currently seeing for himself just how much trouble his sense of justice and righteousness gets him at King's Landing, no matter how sure he is of it. The Imp's guard is bundling all that into those two words, "he did." Like "yeah, that guy had honor. Look who won."
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 10:34   Link #151
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Correction. Sansa is not Lady Stark, that title belongs to her mother and for the second part, that wasn't Robb Stark, that's Theon Greyjoy.
Yes, thank you...Just like in anime I forget some of the secondary character names (because most of them are so uncommon)...

@Xagzan - Oh the irony was not lost on me in the slightest...That fight was bonkers the way they just used the court of people as the battleground...Imp's guard was just street fighting and $hit...

And yes, Ned finally seems to be realizing the stakes in this game...So pathetic all those Tully villagers died essentially because a boy Peeping Tom'd some incest siblings...That damn Jaime! As much as I hate him I can't deny how awesome his armor looks next episode^^...
Old 2011-05-25, 18:19   Link #152
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Speaking of irony, anyone love how during Tywin's introduction he was apparently skinning a deer? ^_^ I really like the Jamie/Tywin scene, despite not being in the book. It really was a good way to make us see what sort of person The Lord of Lions is (And while I wouldn't have picked Charles Dance as my first choice for the role, now I can't imagine anyone else doing it)

Quote:
If they are going to try and stay close to the books then they will have to switch to some CG next season and on.
Yeah, though it's going a shame we wont get to see anymore of those cute cubs anymore
Old 2011-05-25, 19:28   Link #153
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
And while I wouldn't have picked Charles Dance as my first choice for the role, now I can't imagine anyone else doing it)
Ya he won me over. I always pictured Tywin to look like King Edward "Longshanks" from Braveheart. This guy definitely has that hard obsessively in control look about him though so it's all good to me so far.
Old 2011-05-27, 04:34   Link #154
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Game Of Thrones: The Abridged Series

Warning. May contain foul language and blood.

Spoiler for ep1:

Spoiler for ep2:

Spoiler for ep5:
Old 2011-05-30, 10:03   Link #155
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

would love to see Arya slaying Joffrey (as much as i would love to see it i doubt it's gonna happen. maybe in the future.). that is if Drogo doesn't get there first.

Joffrey's actully gonna piss his pants when the Dothraki come.

feel so sad for Ed. the only honest man.
Old 2011-05-30, 11:00   Link #156
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

A boy among men:

Indeed, poor Ned. Fantastic ep, but what a depressing portrait of human nature.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 11:16   Link #157
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

this development does bring up some issues.

the 7 kingdoms aren't going to accept Joffrey as the king even if he is backed by the Lannisters, he's too young and inexperienced. they're gonna need Starks backing.
Old 2011-05-30, 11:20   Link #158
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
A boy among men:

Indeed, poor Ned. Fantastic ep, but what a depressing portrait of human nature.
Nice episode review but you made a mistake. The Dothraki live east at the continent of Essos, not South of the Seven Kingdoms.
Old 2011-05-30, 12:20   Link #159
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
this development does bring up some issues.

the 7 kingdoms aren't going to accept Joffrey as the king even if he is backed by the Lannisters, he's too young and inexperienced. they're gonna need Starks backing.
That's why Cersei (now former Quuen) will be Regent even while Joffery is King.

That being said, good episode (which has been said many times since the episode was previewed a week previous). I do have to say that the early Littlefinger scene went a little too far with the fake sex. HBO isn't Cinemax/Skinmax, so long drawn out fake sex scenes are generally annoying. So, while I loved the dialogue and Aidan Gillen, I felt annoyed by constant pseudo-sex in the background which seemed to almost overshadow our beloved Littlefinger as he waxed poetic over his obsession.

Whatever the case, great episode, good acting, and next week looks to be a killer...86/100.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 12:37   Link #160
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I saw the ending coming from a while away, but the ending was still incredible. I don't feel any animosity toward Littlefinger, he had the courtesy to warn Ned countless before betraying him, it's not his fault he didn't listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That's why Cersei (now former Quuen) will be Regent even while Joffery is King.

That being said, good episode (which has been said many times since the episode was previewed a week previous). I do have to say that the early Littlefinger scene went a little too far with the fake sex. HBO isn't Cinemax/Skinmax, so long drawn out fake sex scenes are generally annoying. So, while I loved the dialogue and Aidan Gillen, I felt annoyed by constant pseudo-sex in the background which seemed to almost overshadow our beloved Littlefinger as he waxed poetic over his obsession.
Agreed. I don't like it when they had sex scenes simply for the sake of adding sex scenes. The fanservice is getting as subtle as a ton of brick. Yes, they can show penises and breasts on HBO. That doesn't mean they have to. Sometimes I feel like they do it simply because they can.

Tags
game of thrones, hbo