AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-05-15, 03:18   Link #561
Dragon_Slayer_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Osamu's team is guaranteed to win but they are just waaaaaaaaaaaay to fast on climbing to the top that it would irks on some people who works for months to years on just trying to get to that point. Anyone who works hard that long would feel jealousy and ill feelings towards them and I know I would if I were in that situation but still the story would move on. They need to win to join the expedition.
On the contrary it should motivate some of the slackers who doesn't have a REAL GOAL unlike Osamu's team. Especially when they are doing it even with handicaps and issues of their own.

Quote:
The development of Osamu from useless C class that can't cut the enemy when he is just starting, to someone that can cut it easily is fast and abnormal but its normal for this type of story.
There are several things wrong here so i will just point them out.

He was already in Border for 6 months when the story started. But along with his low trion and no proper guidance, he was very weak as we saw during the first few chapters. Not everyone is a genius or special from the start.

Now here is the thing, he didn't easily cut the enemy. He found a good mentor, a proper way to put in his hard work, had to struggle, repeat through trial and error many times and even then he was merely in the lower B-ranks.....average at best.

Examples:
Osamu got a hit on Kazama AFTER 20 losses.
He was able to fight against the Spider-types BECAUSE he trained against those in the training room over and over again.

Osamu's growth has been the most realistic so far. He didn't get an easy power-up, neither a easy win. He had to formulate plans after analyzing the data by himself. He can use his head and play the cards given to him well. If this was like those other shows, Osamu would have become SS2 or would be revealed to have some super secret ability by now.

Quote:
I'm just the type of person that will cheer for the person who struggled the most and still dream on winning but the fate or luck isn't just on his side.
This fits Osamu's team more than Katori who gave up even though she is talented, Wakamura who only bitches because he wasn't successful rather than trying some other ways to be useful or Kazizaki who holds his team back because of his own issues.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 03:52   Link #562
Tenzen12

Yeah at no point Osamu fight can be classified as easy. He got his very first kill (and we are long past 100 chapter mark) after dragged defensive battle, waiting for opportunity and that all with full advantage of home field and superior strategy.
Old 2016-05-15, 04:37   Link #563
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Slayer_X View Post
On the contrary it should motivate some of the slackers who doesn't have a REAL GOAL unlike Osamu's team. Especially when they are doing it even with handicaps and issues of their own.
I'm not so sure. From the outside, it looks like that talentless hack Osamu is being pulled by a trion monster and a super ace.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 04:55   Link #564
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not so sure. From the outside, it looks like that talentless hack Osamu is being pulled by a trion monster and a super ace.
i never felt like that, actually, if anyone, than it is as if kuga -the brawns- and osamu -the brains- are pulling chika alongside them...

the time where the other teams directly stopped osamu from executing his plans, that time their team was annihilated,

but to be honest, i still dont know why people see something special in osamu, he is rather plain who gets somehow looked on as if he was something special usually it is the other way around
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 05:08   Link #565
Dragon_Slayer_X

Quote:
A Trion Monster who has a fatal weakness of not being able to hit human targets......

A Super Ace who was still beaten by Team Work and high level agents of Border......

Several other teams have Aces has well like Suzunari-1 or Katori........but they aren't all powerful and mostly like you said. A weak/talentless Captain winning by playing his cards right will have more of an effect for people aren't prejudiced or just jealous. It's a good thing that Border is full of competitive people as far as we have seen.

We can already see 2 parallels of Osamu in this match i.e. Wakamura and Kakizaki. We can also see Osamu taking part actively in battle and controlling the battlefield despite being weak or less experienced than either of them. So who will make a better impression among these teams? I have to say Tamakoma-2, especially after performing so well after their last defeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
but to be honest, i still dont know why people see something special in osamu, he is rather plain who gets somehow looked on as if he was something special usually it is the other way around
I think you answered yourself.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 07:32   Link #566
LevelSeven

Quote:
I think you answered yourself.
that line was actually referring to the general depiction of overpowered MCs in other works,
there they are some super something but always get looked down on
Old 2016-05-15, 07:36   Link #567
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
i never felt like that, actually, if anyone, than it is as if kuga -the brawns- and osamu -the brains- are pulling chika alongside them...
That's what it looks like to us. But among Border's lower squads, a lot of people think Kuga, as the one who really knows how to fight, comes up with Tamakoma-2's tactics, too. And not everyone guessed at Chika's weakness, either. They can only see her power.

Quote:
A Trion Monster who has a fatal weakness of not being able to hit human targets......

A Super Ace who was still beaten by Team Work and high level agents of Border......

Several other teams have Aces has well like Suzunari-1 or Katori........but they aren't all powerful and mostly like you said. A weak/talentless Captain winning by playing his cards right will have more of an effect for people aren't prejudiced or just jealous. It's a good thing that Border is full of competitive people as far as we have seen.
A lot of teams don't have an ace of Kuga's quality, too. And even if they do, they aren't as unbalanced as Tamakoma-2. Especially for people who don't know about Chika's problem, it really looks like Osamu's playing way above his level thanks to his friends rather than his own abilities.
Old 2016-05-15, 07:48   Link #568
Tenzen12

That's exactly what people see in Osamu, even despite his shortcomings he is trusted and followed by teammates of such caliber and after few matches it's already widespread known he game maker of team.
Old 2016-05-20, 02:37   Link #569
LevelSeven

lol, "acting like you arethemain character in all this...", and this to osamu XD

well, at least it shows how "average" osamu is, everyone has their own story, osamu and co are the same as the side chars, i like how the mangaka wants to highlight this point

now lets see how the "lazy but talented" genius girl will survive, osamu is still way to weak for her, so kuga will take close combat while osamu will attack the moment a opening appears

and i wonder how chika is doing, if she could snipe people the girl who hides behind a wall would be blown away elike everything else
Old 2016-05-20, 10:49   Link #570
tsunade666

New chapter is out and its a flashback story about Yoko the genius and her friend that she sticks with all the time. The new chapter that shows that she is lazy and arrogant still confuses me on why she is angry. She is pissed off them because they act like a main character of a story while she just laze around. is she pissed off for her friend that did her best or for her half baked attitude? I can't seem to fully grasp her.
Old 2016-05-20, 18:39   Link #571
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Exactly. If she wants to be a main character, she could at least have a training montage.
Old 2016-05-20, 19:05   Link #572
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I guess it's more of an envy situation. She sees In Tamakoma 2 what her team failed to become: A team with a decent amount of talent and with the motivation to make use of it. Her team has a roughly comparable amount of talent (maybe less, but enough to put them on the same tier as a team) however directionless as they are they have been left to flounder around with no sense of purpose, just steadily dropping in rank as they live from past glory. And Yoko is just the personification of this situation. I'm guessing that this will be a wake up call and serve as a turning point for Yoko, even if its out anger and a desire to just beat the crap out of Tamakoma 2.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 22:19   Link #573
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Kind of funny that while the focus is on Yoko, it was her friend Hana that was far more interesting in this flashback chapter .

I'm not sure how to safely read her actions. The odds were slightly better that she could claw her way down to Yoko so she chose to save her instead of going to save her parents. Although hard not to read alternative motivations. The friend she cared about vs the parents who put all that pressure on her and a father who tried to rip her away from her friend to try and ensure she'd finish right at the top.

And yeah just finish the chapter with Yoko being all pissed off again. Sorry, you really are not the main character here. Even your own flashback was iffy on that point. I still think at best she might be able to take Kuga with her, but she's definitely going down. If nothing else maybe this is a good reminder to her of why she is at Border and what she owes her friend.

Impressive I suppose that not much has changed for her personality wise since she was younger.
Old 2016-05-21, 03:07   Link #574
Casshern

Quote:
That's what it looks like to us. But among Border's lower squads, a lot of people think Kuga, as the one who really knows how to fight, comes up with Tamakoma-2's tactics, too. And not everyone guessed at Chika's weakness, either. They can only see her power.

A lot of teams don't have an ace of Kuga's quality, too. And even if they do, they aren't as unbalanced as Tamakoma-2. Especially for people who don't know about Chika's problem, it really looks like Osamu's playing way above his level thanks to his friends rather than his own abilities.
I think Osamu earned some credibility when he beat Kazama once out of 10. He's talentless but he has the occasional flash of brilliance that often makes the difference in a fight, like when he saved Chika from the neighbours. Even if he was humiliated by Midorikawa, people still recognise that he has some capability.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 12:25   Link #575
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I think Osamu earned some credibility when he beat Kazama once out of 10.
Osamu tied (not beat, it was a mutual kill) Kazama once in 25 matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The odds were slightly better that she could claw her way down to Yoko so she chose to save her instead of going to save her parents. Although hard not to read alternative motivations. The friend she cared about vs the parents who put all that pressure on her and a father who tried to rip her away from her friend to try and ensure she'd finish right at the top.
Somei's house was made of bricks/stones while Katori's was made of woods. Somei chose to save Yoko because it was easier for her to dig the woods and because the chance is higher that Yoko is alive under the woods than her parents are alive under the stones. She might have tried but was unable to get confirmation that her parents were alive. And I guess the girls had to leave the premise before finding Somei's parents because the trion soldiers were already close.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 15:23   Link #576
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
Thanks, long time since I read it
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 23:43   Link #577
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

Somei's house was made of bricks/stones while Katori's was made of woods. Somei chose to save Yoko because it was easier for her to dig the woods and because the chance is higher that Yoko is alive under the woods than her parents are alive under the stones. She might have tried but was unable to get confirmation that her parents were alive. And I guess the girls had to leave the premise before finding Somei's parents because the trion soldiers were already close.
Honestly I feel that's just semantics. She may even have rationalized it that way to herself, but I don't buy it. After all she had as little confirmation that Yoko was alive. The odds might have been better, but it's only odds. Plus if you want to use the odds, there were two people in her place so possibly better odds that one of them was still alive.

In the end I doubt it was about the math or ease of rescue. More likely about balancing the scales between parents she didn't seem to care much about or get along with and a friend she leaned on as a breather away from her family. One who in her own tsundere way tried to stay close to her despite Hana's parents having tried to separate them.

In the end it makes Hana far more interesting a character than Yoko. Either someone who is so logical she didn't consider trying to save her parents because it was statistically less likely to work out or a person who actively chose to save her friend over her parents because her friend mattered more to her.
Old 2016-05-24, 01:30   Link #578
Krono

Quote:
I've seen a couple other possibilities suggested. 1) She did try and dig for her parents, resulting in her screwing up her hands, and abandoned it in favor of trying to get to Yoko when she realized she was getting nowhere. 2) She already knew for certain her parents were dead, freeing her to dig for Yoko.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-27, 13:21   Link #579
Pen3

The new chapter is good and as expected, they didn't drag the battle like other mangas would. Won;t say more till it gets translated.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-27, 15:22   Link #580
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for 145:

Tags
action, shounen stargate