Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-26, 11:14   Link #1
ss_goku4
Perverted Teacher

Send a message via MSN to ss_goku4
Whats a good anime to buy?

Hey all. I was thinking of buying another anime series, or at least starting one, now that Im almost done with Chobits. So does anyone have anyone have any suggestions to which "new" ( to us in the US) anime I should consider buying? I was thinking maybe Kiddy Grade. What do you think?
Old 2004-01-26, 13:53   Link #2
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Kiddy Grade is good.

Really it depends on what you like. Go to www.animeondvd.com for DVD reviews, I usually check there before picking up series I don't know anything about.
Old 2004-01-26, 15:42   Link #3
Strider_Lee
shinobi

exactlly what are your interests??? Can't really make a suggestion with only two titles.
Old 2004-01-26, 16:07   Link #4
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Moving thread to suggestion forum.
Old 2004-01-26, 16:21   Link #5
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I agree that you are not giving anough information here. Even the "new to us in the US" thing is confusing. If you haven't been watching anime for very long then lots of stuff is new to you (not that that's bad or anything). Older licensed series may appeal to you depending on your interests. For others it's rare that by the time a series is licensed they have not at least heard of it.

Here is another thread about suggestions for licensed shows: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=5372

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-04-22 at 01:47. Reason: typo
Old 2004-01-26, 17:29   Link #6
ss_goku4
Perverted Teacher

Send a message via MSN to ss_goku4
Any Favorites out there?

whoops. To vague again. Well, I would say that my interests go to just about any category. I do own Outlaw Star. Chobits, Love Hina, A Dragonaball Z movie, Ao Aori Aoshi, Excel Saga, His and Her Circumstances, Tenchi Forever, Ah My Goddess Movie ,Full Metal Panic (which kinda drags at the end)and I think thats about it. I guess you can say that I just want something with a good story. And what I meant by new to us in the US, is that maybe there are animes in Japan currently airing that anyone heard was worth watching. In anycase, What is your favorite anime currently?
Old 2004-01-26, 17:57   Link #7
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_goku4
...maybe there are animes in Japan currently airing that anyone heard was worth watching.
Certainly there are, and in the fansubs thread you can read about the different titles - examples of some new ones are Gokusen, Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Kita E - and get an idea of what they are about and what people think of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_goku4
In anycase, What is your favorite anime currently?
Please, please don't go there. That's just a "what type are you?" question, and it's against the forum rules to start up threads like that, no sense turning this thread into one of those.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-04-22 at 01:47.
Old 2004-01-26, 18:37   Link #8
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Certainly there are, and in the fansubs thread you can read about the different titles - examples of some new ones are Gokusen, Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Kita E - and get an idea of what they are about and what people think of them.
Please, please don't go there. That's just a "what type are you?" question, and it's against the forum rules to start up threads like that, no sense turning this thread into one of those.
Bold: you just killed the rest of the new, and a decent chunk of the current members at animesuki.

According to simply your list and nothing else, most people who like those also liked Cowboy Beebop(liscensed.) methinks this thread is going nowhere, so i leave.
Old 2004-01-30, 04:26   Link #9
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Get Vandread. I recently finished watching it (both stages) and I thought it was spectacular.
Old 2004-02-02, 22:44   Link #10
acefighter
Banned

you seem to be more of a non action type and more story based and comedy. by non action i mean ones that main purpose is fighting.

this one suggestion is a lot of action, but also a very good story.
twelve kingdoms.. it has its fair share of action, but also is very deep.
Old 2004-02-03, 01:31   Link #11
Zoya
Dazed and Confused

Check out the Read or Die OVA. It has three episodes and is action packed with great story and characters, plus, as with most OVA's, the art is very nice. it has been out for almost a year now, so you can probably find a great deal on it if you look around.
Old 2004-02-03, 16:56   Link #12
7thMethuselah

not so recent but very good would be Cowboy Bebop
Closed Thread