AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-10-29, 15:44   Link #7421
VTHokiePride

Just one trade. Isaac Sopoaga and a 6th round pick in 2014 for a 5th rounder from New England. It's to shore up their bad run defense now since Wilfork, Mayo, and Kelly are injured.
Old 2013-10-29, 16:13   Link #7422
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Wow, just one trade, the NFL trade deadline isn't as interesting as it once was. There were at best 3 big trade rumors and all of them did not happen.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 19:23   Link #7423
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

NFL Trade deadline have never been interesting. Despite the lack of trades in the end, this year was easily the hottest trade grapevine that I recall in the NFL since I've been watching.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 03:34   Link #7424
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Actually Wilson's deep ball is pretty good. But yeah, he isn't going to be setting the world on fire and throwing 40 touchdowns a year.
That one he threw to Tate certainly was. But when you look up Wilson's numbers on a regular basis, he's usually in the 150-225 range. Probably due to Lynch's run threat and the receivers being solid but not regular big plays. But it gets the job done and their defense gives them good field position.
Old 2013-10-30, 08:51   Link #7425
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
That one he threw to Tate certainly was. But when you look up Wilson's numbers on a regular basis, he's usually in the 150-225 range. Probably due to Lynch's run threat and the receivers being solid but not regular big plays. But it gets the job done and their defense gives them good field position.
Are you talking about his total yards passing per game? That doesn't have anything to do with how well/far he can throw a football. No statistic does.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 15:37   Link #7426
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
NFL Trade deadline have never been interesting. Despite the lack of trades in the end, this year was easily the hottest trade grapevine that I recall in the NFL since I've been watching.
Exactly. There is rarely any noticeable action during the NFL trade deadline. The biggest trades usually happen during the draft.

Hoping the Raves can get back on track with a W over Cleveland this Sunday.

On another note, how's everyone doing in their fantasy leagues?
Old 2013-10-30, 17:32   Link #7427
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
On another note, how's everyone doing in their fantasy leagues?
I'm in 3 leagues. My main league has a $300 winner take all pot and I'm 5-3 there. My second league is with some of my friends in college with a $50 pot and I'm 5-3 there too. My third league with no prize involved, I'm 6-2. Injuries and inconsistent play is killing my teams.
Old 2013-10-31, 14:02   Link #7428
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
You mean the game or when Dez Bryant almost got into a brawl with Romo? I find the latter more alarming.
The everything that wasn't Q1-3.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 22:34   Link #7429
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And it's going to overtime between Cincinatti and Miami...Miami get the first drive.

Edit: Miami win 22-20 with a safety...wow...

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2013-10-31 at 22:55.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 01:19   Link #7430
sky black swordman

^ That's a pretty bad way to lose. Not only did they lose, they may have also lost their defensive tackle, Geno Atkins, for the season to a torn ACL.
Old 2013-11-01, 03:05   Link #7431
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ That's a pretty bad way to lose. Not only did they lose, they may have also lost their defensive tackle, Geno Atkins, for the season to a torn ACL.
That one was a shocker...three people fell on top of him. He was the core of their defensive line. People are sure to run the ball more against them and feel a bit safer with their QB if they have Cincinatti over the rest of the season.

Dalton was....mystifying. He still seems to rely way too much on Green. And some of the deep balls he threw were bewildering - and picked off. Wondering how on earth he went so well against the Jets yet the Dolphins had him struggling all night. Miami has a solid defense, granted, but the Jets aren't crap on defense...might be the dropped balls, seemed like they missed around a dozen wide open catches.

In before two certain Baltimore fans chirp in with a sigh of relief and a smile.
Old 2013-11-01, 09:00   Link #7432
GDB

*chirp*

The gap is lessening!

*end chirp*
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 19:30   Link #7433
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

...........................Well, add another list of positions that the Jaguars should draft next year or potentially try to sign a significant Wide Receiver in the offseason (maybe Hakeem Nicks).

Source 1
Source 2
Source 3
Source 4
Old 2013-11-01, 19:48   Link #7434
sky black swordman

^ My heart goes out to you.
How much of a set back is this for Jaguars?
Old 2013-11-01, 20:18   Link #7435
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ My heart goes out to you.
How much of a set back is this for Jaguars?
A big lot, I already mentioned that I was satisfied with the receiving corps for the Jaguars for next year, until this happened. The Jaguars gotten its deep threat in Cecil Shorts who is a flanker, a middle dagger with brute strength in slot back receiver Blackmon, a mixture of both worlds in Mike Brown that can play slot and deep essentially like a split end receiver, and finally Ace Sanders who is the slot receiver.

The Jaguars had all 4 types of receivers and they work well together, Cecil Shorts and Blackmon are great receivers while Sanders and Brown are above average and are looking to improve a lot to become bigger names. Now most likely, they will need to find another slot back receiver. They need that big body wide receiver that has agility and can literally take the ball out of the air.

The plan for the Jaguars was to draft a franchise Quarterback in either Mariota or Bridgewaters. Then, the franchise Quarterback got all the weapons he needs. Thus, the Jaguars only needed to improve the offensive line, defensive line, pass rusher, and linebacker corps. Now we need to add wide receiver into that, not just any wide receiver but a big physical and agile wide receiver.
Old 2013-11-02, 15:27   Link #7436
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Every player that violates the substance abuse policy needs a couple good hits to the face...it's like they enjoy throwing away money. For fucks sake...even the bench warmers are paid well.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 15:55   Link #7437
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

John Fox was hospitalized today.
Old 2013-11-03, 00:07   Link #7438
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
...........................Well, add another list of positions that the Jaguars should draft next year or potentially try to sign a significant Wide Receiver in the offseason (maybe Hakeem Nicks).
That really sucks, man...if you end up having two top 10 draft picks in the last few years being major busts...that is incredibly painful. Also hope Joeckel's injury doesnt affect him long term. Hopefully Gus Bradley can fix the culture and fortunes of your team. I just hope Jacksonville doesn't get used to tanking and have it affect their mentality...there were three teams in the AFL that did it recently and it came to bite them bad big time in the end. St. Kilda finished bottom 5 years in a row, cleaned up in the draft, made 2 grand finals but lost them both (one they had to replay due to a draw). Carlton tanked for years but then got busted for breaking the salary cap and lost nearly every draft pick for 3 years in a row. Then there's Melbourne...who have been bottom or near bottom for nearly a decade...their club is so ingrained with losing that no matter who they draft or hire, things remain stagnant and careers bomb in their club. They recently hired a premiership-winning coach, but who knows whether that will save them. You can have all the top draft picks in the world, but if your club culture is crap and you pick the players that can't transition to the big time or have the wrong attitudes, it condemns a club to so much long-term pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Every player that violates the substance abuse policy needs a couple good hits to the face...it's like they enjoy throwing away money.
For fucks sake...even the bench warmers are paid well.
As someone who can only dream of the money they make...I don't get how they can throw it all away. The ones who are still talented but go bad outside the game make me wonder...It's not like people like Blackmon are Ryan Leaf in terms of being able to play at the right level in the NFL. Blackmon has the talent and has shown it in most games. At least someone like Matthieu, who screwed up in college but cleaned up is act, is justfying the faith Arizona showed in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
John Fox was hospitalized today.
Breaking news on NFL.com - John Fox to undergo aortic replacement valve surgery. The Denver Broncos coach will take a leave of absence for at least the next several weeks.

Yike...
Old 2013-11-03, 00:48   Link #7439
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

It won't effect the Broncos to much in terms of on the field. Del Rio obviously has significant head coaching experience. And Peyton is basically the head coach of the offense anyway.

Anyway, I wish Coach Fox a speedy recovery. His tenure in Carolina ended on a sour note and his "Foxisms" got on my nerves sometimes, but at the end of the day he is a great coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Every player that violates the substance abuse policy needs a couple good hits to the face...it's like they enjoy throwing away money. For fucks sake...even the bench warmers are paid well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
As someone who can only dream of the money they make...I don't get how they can throw it all away. The ones who are still talented but go bad outside the game make me wonder...It's not like people like Blackmon are Ryan Leaf in terms of being able to play at the right level in the NFL. Blackmon has the talent and has shown it in most games. At least someone like Matthieu, who screwed up in college but cleaned up is act, is justfying the faith Arizona showed in him.
Mo' money, mo problems. Money doesn't fix whatever personal demons/issues these guys have. In fact, it probably ramps it up.

Perfect example: Ricky Williams. He probably would have been happier not bothering with the money or the NFL.
Old 2013-11-03, 03:58   Link #7440
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

From seeing what money did to some of my relatives, I get that. But as someone who has always had to be somewhat stringent with money, I just don't get how someone, living in a country in a time where the majority of people are having trouble financially and would do almost anything to get the money they earn, not give a damn. That's what ticks me off. When the wealth of virtually any country is skewed and someone just doesn't give a damn they are earning more in a season than a lot of people will in a lifetime, it irks me is all.

Tags
american football, sports