AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-13, 04:17   Link #121
Forever
Revealing the truth

Though i very much support elisxhiroki, after watching this ep 13, i find it hard to think that the ending will be anything but kiri X hiroki...

Poor hiroki sacrificed and got backstab for his efforts.... I will either try to own yanagi later or like hiroki give up on everything...
Old 2006-01-13, 06:12   Link #122
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

OMG I cant belive Hiroki rejeted Kiri in the first place, be strong my friend be strong.
I'm getting Suzuka vives, but for the other way around.

After watching eps 13 you can clearly see what Hiroki's feelings are like towards kiri.

Last edited by RunningTARGET; 2006-01-13 at 21:20.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 14:30   Link #123
tabun
rawr!

Wow. Just wow. I was so utterly mistaken! Episodes 1 to 6 were nothing compared to this, merely a prelude (if anything). This episode is one of the strongest sources of conflict potential I have seen yet. Not only in love, but also in career terms. Oh, and not to forget the secret codex of friendship and honor (most) men live under. No easy "he stole it, waaaah". How very cool!

Now, I am very much looking forward how this works out! Episode 7 brought Canvas 2 back into my focus, and smashing if I may say so
Old 2006-01-13, 14:58   Link #124
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, my rating of Canvas 2 shot up with the last episode. Everything is now falling into place, from Hiroki losing interest in drawing to his rejection of Kiri. Anime that foreshadows this much and this far back are very rare; usually we just get dropped an anvil at around 2/3 of the way towards the ending of ero-game based anime. Rating has gone from 6.5 to a 7.8, but since we haven't even gone close to the climax, it still has potential to go up.

Spoiler:

I still have high hopes that it will be KirixHiroki in the end, but it's due to some silly reason rather than logic. Anyone else noticed Kiri replaced Elis in the previews, at exactly the halfway mark of the series run? This means Elis's reign is over, and Kiri would rule the show! MUWHAHAAHAH! :P

Still am wondering how they're going to drag out the love triangle (rectangle?) for 13 more episodes though. It's not impossible (if KGNE is of any indication), but it takes skill to accomplish that. And considering the track record of anime, I don't have faith in any writer's skill; I have a 'go ahead, impress me!' rather than 'I hope they won't dissappoint' attitude when it comes to matters like this.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 15:48   Link #125
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Indeed, episode 13 packs a punch.
This clearly shows what solid writing can do for an anime.

Yes, Yanagi stole Hiroki's art, but why didn't he say anything? Especially after suppressing his own feelings (probably) to reject Kiri for Yanagi's sake. Of course Hiroki would feel betrayed, but rather than exposing him, he chose to remain silent. Maybe it's because he knew about Yanagi's family problem and how much the scholarship meant to him.

Will Hiroki ever forgive Yanagi? Perhaps.
Does Hiroki still sees Yanagi as a friend? Probably depends on Yanagi's subsequent actions.
Hiroki to start drawing again? Inevitable. My hunch says Elis will play an important role.
Likewise, he will be a key factor for Elis to paint in red.

Just a minor gripe in episode 13.
During the scene at the bustop, you can see that their bags weren't exactly big, yet when they reached the mountain, out popped 2 large easels. Oh well, not a big deal anyways.

I'm glad that I picked up this series.

To be honest, when it first came out, I couldn't be bothered.
"Another harem." Boy was I wrong.
Then I got interested after seeing a clip of the ending.
Or rather, after I heard the ending theme.
I liked the ending alot, it was catchy.
So I decided to give it a shot, and now I'm hooked. :x
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 17:24   Link #126
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye... the writing has been so solid in this series it just makes me mourn that *other* series with my favorite demon girl that much more .... they *could* have knocked that one into warpdrive like this one appears to be heading into.
Old 2006-01-13, 17:39   Link #127
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
Indeed, episode 13 packs a punch.
This clearly shows what solid writing can do for an anime. ....
Packing a punch is right - I certainly felt like I'd been punched in the gut after watching all this episode's story unfold. I'm also very grateful that I was a good boy this time and kept my cursor far away from the spoiler tags! Ordinarily I try not to be influenced too much by early impressions of characters in an anime, because a lot of times the writers make it intentionally misleading. But in Yanagi's case I think I'm going to make an exception and despise him immediately. It is going to be very interesting to learn to whom Hiroki finally tells the whole story.

Tell Hagino! Get a share of the book and movie rights!
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 17:46   Link #128
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Must have episode 14!!! Seriously, I'm now addicted. O-negai Lunar, release 14! (But take your time, no pressure ) Lunar have been doing an exceptional job with Canvas 2; This show has gone up leaps and bounds in my opinion.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 18:38   Link #129
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Quote:
Is it just my imagination, or am I seeing Sakura and Nemu fighting over the same guy all over again? Man, the resemblence is uncanny.

Elis looks like the stronger character at this point - though Card Captor Kiri has a very good chance. Let's see how this turns out.
by Daneilsong39

I was afraid I was the only one that noticed Kiri’s and Sakura’s similarity, abet Kiri being much older. It is a bit unnerving. I really can’t comment on Nemu though because I’ve not seen the respective series.

Quote:
I still have high hopes that it will be KirixHiroki in the end, but it's due to some silly reason rather than logic. Anyone else noticed Kiri replaced Elis in the previews, at exactly the halfway mark of the series run? This means Elis's reign is over, and Kiri would rule the show! MUWHAHAAHAH! :P
by DragoonKain3

Well, think about how being in the preview worked out for Elis? But on a more serious note, I agree with you.

For episode 13.
Spoiler:
Telmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 20:20   Link #130
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 21:36   Link #131
Kaiko

Yeah, this episode is where the plot thickens IMO. I think Hiroki remained silent because either
A) He was devout to friendship
B) To pissed to even say anything.

Spoiler:

Can't wait for the next.
Kaiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 22:31   Link #132
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 23:13   Link #133
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
Spoiler:
Well we'll have to wait and see. And anyway that's your interpretation.
Spoiler:
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 00:09   Link #134
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
must.. see.. ep.. 14!! Ep 13 was too good and now im left wondering! Yanagi has balls showing his face to Hiroki after all that. I'd just sock him and call it even.
PsychItsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 05:02   Link #135
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Ok, I should create a Kill Kill Yanagi club now

About the girls, I can't really decide. Hiroki and Kiri did seem to have feelings for each other from the start of the series. I don't know, I just find it too predictable and too obvious.

Maybe Hiroki should forget the whole Kiri/Yanagi thing and move on to some other girl (or Elis, Elis is nice )

Whatever, I support Elis more than I support Kiri

At least the HirokixKiri ending can be justified, although I'll probably be sad about that.
Not like some other anime I could name that lacked better writers *coughShufflecough*
Old 2006-01-14, 09:45   Link #136
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Well we'll have to wait and see. And anyway that's your interpretation.
Spoiler:
It's not really my interpretation, not the one I'd prefer. I'm inclined to agree with your interpretation as well, I'm just saying I could see them using episode 12 to set up something different. It feels too early to tell for certain.
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 00:18   Link #137
DanielSong39

Maybe the best solution would have been for Hiroki to destroy the painting. He certainly would've gained the upper hand - Yanagi would've been in a helpless situation.

It's too late now - the best solution at this point would be to dissolve all ties with Yanagi and tell Kiri the truth. That will probably kill his chances with Kiri as well - but hey, you can't have everything in life.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 02:20   Link #138
SWPIGWANG

There is nothing for Hiroki to win here...... (the price of being right is often not worth it)

Anyway, there is more than sufficient time here for Kiri to pick up strange vibes between the two, and things are unlikely to 'stay quiet. That said, the most likely sistuation is more tension build up........
-------------------

Anyway, after ep.13 the show have raisen from 'enjoyable' to MUST WATCH...NEXT EP. nOW.... *breaks down*
SWPIGWANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 08:14   Link #139
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

I might say that I find the HirokixElis possibility unlikely for three reasons:

a) She's his cousin! (Yes, I know that hasn't stopped it happening in anime before...),

b) It would be really paedophilic (That hasn't stopped it happening in anime either...),

c) With Hiroki having taken care of Elis (If only as a babysitter) for a while, he obviously still thinks of her as a baby sister - i.e. nowhere near attraction.

I'm just hoping that Canvas 2 doesn't turn out as an incest/paedophilia kind of anime... Seems unlikely to me, considering Hiroki's relationship with Kiri, even with Yanagi thrust into the scene.

Last edited by Circular Logic; 2006-01-15 at 10:40.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 08:46   Link #140
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
I might say that I find the HirokixElis possibility unlikely for three reasons:

a) She's his cousin! (Yes, I know that hasn't stopped it happening in anime before...),

b) It would be really paedophilic (That hasn't stopped it happening in anime either...),
c) With Hiroki having taken care of Elis (If only as a babysitter) for a while, he obviously still thinks of her as a baby sister - i.e. nowhere near attraction.

I'm just hoping that Canvas 2 doesn't turn out as an incest/paedophilia kind of anime... Seems unlikely to me, considering Hiroki's relationship with Kiri, even with Yanagi thrust into the scene.
Yes, I can get that reasoning, it's probably very difficult, if not impossible for Hiroki to end up with Elis, but whatever, I'll support Elis if she still considers herself a player Which I can't tell right now, things seem to have calmed down. Oh well, Hiroki might as well get Kiri although it's a bit early, we still have half the series to go

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, f&c, kadokawa, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, zexcs