AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2011-07-31, 22:04   Link #2101
Lost Cause

This is good news! Thanks Xander!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 08:59   Link #2102
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Here's another update, this time from Masayuki Ozaki, who is Sunrise's General Manager of Overseas Development:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/conv...2011/otakon/17

It is more or less a case of stating the obvious, true, but at least now we have an official explanation. In addition, the use of the word "season" here also seems to confirm the new project will probably be a TV series instead of an OVA or anything else. Finally, it's good to hear we will indeed get to see several different countries (or characters from the same) during the story.

EDIT: Here's a slightly different take on the same answer:

Aside from missing the bit about Goro Taniguchi and someone else (Okouchi?) still being involved in some sort of capacity, I suppose the ANN transcript is probably more accurate overall.
Somehow I want to believe that "season" will be told as a prequel.
Looking at Emperor, Marianne, Bismarck, and C.C. past is not that bad.

If it's turned to be a sequel.
It'll be the deciding turn about Lelouch life and death theory as the strongest topic.

Will Lelouch is "still" died ? If he's still "died" it'll be hard to pull out the new main characters as Zero role is still maintained by Suzaku. As long as Zero exist, he's the hero, and audience is still be swayed by Lelouch's legacy. How they calling such a vital factor like C.C. as the only Code-owner remains is the following case. Especially when C.C. is the CG mascot judged by her appearance at every CG spin-off. The easiest solution is to sent the stories going to 50 years later or some kind like that

If Lelouch is alive---
Personally, I don't like that kind of idea of becoming messiah in the very end like how Kira did on Shinn's importance as a main character in Gundam Seed Destiny.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 23:50   Link #2103
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
More info:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...aimed-for-2012

Quote:
Masayuki Ozaki, the General Manager of Overseas Development at the anime studio Sunrise, confirmed that the studio is "looking forward to releasing" the new Code Geass anime project next year, although its production is behind schedule. During Sunrise's industry panel at Otakon on Sunday, Ozaki referred to the new project as the "next season of Code Geass" and noted that its director is Kazuki Akane (The Vision of Escaflowne, Noein - to your other self).

Ozaki described the project as taking place "in the same world as Lelouch [the protagonist of the earlier Code Geass anime] except with different characters (...) the stage is set in Europe, so we'll see a lot of European countries."

The Code Geass Gaiden Bōkoku no Akito project was announced in April of last year. The side story is set in the European warfront, where a Knightmare unit made of boys and girls from Zone Eleven is sent into a military operation with a 5% chance of survival. They must rescue an allied unit left behind on the European warfront. Apart from Akane, the credits include Shigeru Morita (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Blood+), with Takahiro Kimura once again adapting CLAMP's original character designs for animation (as he did for the previous Code Geass anime). Akira Yasuda returns to design the mechanical Knightmare units.
Old 2011-08-02, 06:34   Link #2104
MasterVampire

Do you think this will be a sequel or set during the original series?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 11:33   Link #2105
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I believe I read it happens concurrently with Lelouch's story, or between R1 and R2.
Old 2011-08-02, 11:37   Link #2106
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I want it to happen afterwards.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 02:27   Link #2107
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I want it to happen afterwards.
The European leader at the end of the war would most certainly appear in this Inter-quel.
I would not be surprised if the story has an epilogue that intersects with the Code Geass epilogue.

If they want to lay groundworks for genuine sequels in the future, that's when they would do it. But for now we know the main plot would focus on what happened that caused the Europeans to lose the main war initially. And that means Suzaku doing his thing of being the White Devil.
Quote:
Personally, I don't like that kind of idea of becoming messiah in the very end like how Kira did on Shinn's importance as a main character in Gundam Seed Destiny.
And what made you think Lulu has any interest in BEING the Messiah? The poor guy hates himself. And your comparison with SEED Destiny is entirely inappropriate and unfair, so I would not even discuss it.
Old 2011-08-03, 05:31   Link #2108
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Do you think this will be a sequel or set during the original series?
It takes place in a.t.b. 2017 - somewhere between R1 & R2. It's not a sequel - it's a spinoff

PS: It's not impossible for the story to progress to the future though. It can start in 2017 and end already after R2
Old 2011-08-03, 15:37   Link #2109
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
It takes place in a.t.b. 2017 - somewhere between R1 & R2. It's not a sequel - it's a spinoff

PS: It's not impossible for the story to progress to the future though. It can start in 2017 and end already after R2
Or the story starts around the same time as Lelouch of the Rebellion; only to intercept with the original version of Code Geass R2 later down the road.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 19:41   Link #2110
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I doubt this will have anything to do with Hangyaku no Lelouch directly...Boukoku no Akito is probably just the first step (or second if you count that Geass manga) in making Geass into a franchise that they can make multiple anime out of in the future, all focusing on different people during the Britanian war, or possibly other eras. Either way, Lelouch's story is finished, we should probably just accept that...
Old 2011-08-03, 23:53   Link #2111
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I doubt this will have anything to do with Hangyaku no Lelouch directly...Boukoku no Akito is probably just the first step (or second if you count that Geass manga) in making Geass into a franchise that they can make multiple anime out of in the future, all focusing on different people during the Britanian war, or possibly other eras. Either way, Lelouch's story is finished, we should probably just accept that...
I agree that Lelouch's story is finished, since the producers want to keep the series set in the year 2017 in the same universe. Although, if someone wants to remake Lelouch of the Rebellion down the road, whose to argue with that idea? We'll have to wait and see what the new series has in store because it looks like it's going to be a very good show, given the time that they are spending to make this show better than Code Geass R2. No rush job from what I can see, which is a good thing.

The only way that I could see Lelouch returning is for the producers to remake Code Geass R2, which will not happen anytime soon.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2011-08-04 at 10:19.
Old 2011-08-04, 10:50   Link #2112
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Oh, I am pretty sure Lulu would never be a main character again, that's for certain.

But there is no reason why he can't have guest appearances in some form, human or otherwise.

We ARE talking about a world were magic exists, after all.
Old 2011-08-04, 18:53   Link #2113
azul120

Nothing short of resurrection, of course.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 22:32   Link #2114
Xion Valkyrie

I think a large part of the appeal of Code Geass was lulu as a main character. If you go with more traditional mains in the other sequels/spinoffs, I'd probably be a lot less interested.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 02:17   Link #2115
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Oh, I am pretty sure Lulu would never be a main character again, that's for certain.

But there is no reason why he can't have guest appearances in some form, human or otherwise.

We ARE talking about a world were magic exists, after all.
Since the story takes place in 2017, there might be a few cameos of Lelouch/Zero here and there. Remember that the story takes place around the same time as the First Season of Lelouch of the Rebellion. Brand new characters in a brand new setting. But the style and tone of Season One of the first series are retained.
Old 2011-08-05, 06:03   Link #2116
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I think a large part of the appeal of Code Geass was lulu as a main character. If you go with more traditional mains in the other sequels/spinoffs, I'd probably be a lot less interested.
Lulu is certainly a very complex character, but one always have to be prepared to move on. And we most certainly can't dismiss the new cast without giving them a fair chance.

I am not worried about the new main lead. I am more worried about how Sunrise has trouble making extensions of anything non-Gundam. Remember Mai Hime? Mai Otome was suppose to be a direct sequel, but Sunrise gave up mid-production and decided it was too hard, and just made it an alternate world instead. Building a new franchise and large universe is hard work, and I am not sure Sunrise has the guts to pull through consider the past history.
Old 2011-08-05, 11:48   Link #2117
Tetsu Aero

THey have already stated that the series will take place during season 1 of Code Geass, but in Europe.

And that it will be an OVA series. OVAs are released in seasons as well.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 14:45   Link #2118
Xander

I believe we have had this discussion before, but I don't think there has been any official word about this next project being an OVA, as opposed to simply the result of a popular desire or speculation about the subject. If you have such information, it would be rather interesting to see where it came from.

In addition, I have to say that I've personally never heard an OVA described as a "season" in any standard context. Not saying it's impossible, but that sounds more than a little counterintuitive. In regular use, both terms are quite different.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 20:59   Link #2119
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
In addition, I have to say that I've personally never heard an OVA described as a "season" in any standard context. Not saying it's impossible, but that sounds more than a little counterintuitive. In regular use, both terms are quite different.
Carnival Phantasm.

That being said, I remember the information that this Code Geass project being an OVA came from some kind of google translation of something back in early 2010. Or maybe a magazine scan. Who knows how accurate it is. Could very well wind up a full 26 episode tv series. Although it'd be weird to call it "Code Geass Gaiden" in that case.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 13:22   Link #2120
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainCharacter View Post
Carnival Phantasm.
Interesting, though there will always be exceptions to any non-scientific rule. However, that was practically incorporated as part of the title (Carnival Phantasm 1st Season), indicating they may already plan to release more than one season, sooner or later.

In any event, my point is that's not going to be the general usage and no such scheme applies in this case. It's uncommon.

Quote:
That being said, I remember the information that this Code Geass project being an OVA came from some kind of google translation of something back in early 2010. Or maybe a magazine scan. Who knows how accurate it is. Could very well wind up a full 26 episode tv series. Although it'd be weird to call it "Code Geass Gaiden" in that case.
I'm not even going to begin arguing about episode length, since there's absolutely no sign of what is or isn't intended.

What I distinctly remember is how a lot of people jumped to that conclusion, but whenever I actually took the time to check the magazine scans, translations or other sources of information, there never was any such indication. I've even speculated about that possibility myself, yes, but being fully aware of the total absence of any real confirmation concerning the chosen format.

Even today, going back to check the old scans, their translations and even the official Code Geass Gaiden website reveal nothing of the sort. Which is why I don't think it's useful to rely on what has become little more than a game of telephone or Chinese whispers, without asking for something far more concrete and verifiable. Until that happens, it seems slightly more reasonable to assume that "season" refers to a TV series of unspecified length, instead of an OVA release.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha