AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-16, 00:06   Link #261
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

that whole marriage prophecy in the first ep weirded me out completely........

think ill drop this till it ends then download it
Old 2012-01-16, 00:20   Link #262
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
As for this, how is this episode anything majorly different from the style of the first Aquarion? That was a bit of a school love comedy hijinks series too, and being only at episode 3, it's rather early to be throwing around words like "cliche" to desribe the mood/setting/pace of EVOL.

On another note, how the hell did a jackass like Cayenne become the idol of the girls' campus? Or so I'd normally ask, but since the genders are seperated, it's not like they can see what he's really like. *sigh* It's always the jerks who get the most girl attention in a non-harem series.
It's a combination of:
1. Myself becoming more cynical as I age.
2. The first protagonist being nowhere near a typical wussy male harem archtype.
3. The perverted misunderstanding arc that's been recycled to death in so many different manga and anime between the time the original aired and the current Aquarion is airing.

I was merely saying, with great exaggeration, how dismayed I was when they first introduced that plotline. Then much to my delight, they did it for a joke.
---

How do people really know an idol's personality? They really don't, and it's not any different here. Jerks show confidence, independence, and rebellious qualities, all of which can charm young girls.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 00:40   Link #263
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I liked Episode 3. It made me think of a good JRPG, except starting out as an anime. You don't get too many anime original shows like this anymore, partly since epic sci-fi action/adventure stories like this one tend to go straight to JRPGs in recent years and decades. Nice to see a good JRPG-style story that you don't have to level-grind your way through in order to watch the cutscenes for!

Episode 3 was really cheesy, but in a very amusing and endearing way. It made for an exceptionally fun episode.

I shared some of the concerns of Shinji103 in that some of these characters can get really annoying if not handled well (probably my main issue with Episodes 1/2). Episode 3 thankfully avoided that, aside from the one overdone Berlin-defender in the girl's class.

8/10 for Episode 3. I'm looking forward to more, for sure.
Old 2012-01-16, 01:32   Link #264
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

LOL my thoughts after watching the episode:

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2012-01-16, 02:08   Link #265
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Also, I wonder when Mikono's going to discover her element power...
*points to next episode preview*
Old 2012-01-16, 02:09   Link #266
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

how many cours is this show?
Old 2012-01-16, 02:12   Link #267
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Episode 3, aka The Most Epic ORZ EVER

I have not busted my got like that at a super robot show in a long while. Oh Aquarion never change

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 02:21   Link #268
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
how many cours is this show?
It'll be the usual two cours. More material to watch in the end, but it also means almost 6 months to wait for full AmataxMikono scenes for romance buffs like myself.
Old 2012-01-16, 02:24   Link #269
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Like most of the people here, my fears have [hopefully] permanently subsided, as I liked how episode 3 was. It was tried-and-true Aquarion all the way (^,^); plenty of hijinks/comedy, an ending ep [mock]battle with a dash of seriousness here and there =03. I'm kinda disappointed that Fudou isn't going to command this operation anytime soon though. Hopefully sooner rather than later, an Abductor battle will cause The Wall to be destroyed.

The opening certainly portrays Zessica up there with Mikono practically. The glasses blonde has a Sirius feeling to him too. Mix's breasts are even bigger than Zessica's (O.o)(gotta love fanservice =03)

Quote:
Anybody else consider the theory that the Abductors' world may be the "real" earth where the original Aquarion took place, and the world Amata and the other are in is either an alternate dimension or a world that humans colonized or something at some point in the 12,000 year span between the original series and EVOL? That would be an interesting twist and would explain why Apollo and Touma's reincarnations/descendants are both on the Abductors' side. And remember that the Aquarion OVA was a parallel universe to the original Aquarion as pointed out at the end of the OVA, so there's precedent.
I'm not disproving your theory, but I never got that feeling. I still don't think Kagura is Apollo's incarnation, and even moreso this Mikage being Touma's. My initial impression was that 'how a Shadow Angel can be reincarnated into another Shadow Angel when Futaba was the last SA to have been born?'. Well, it could be some "oh Futaba wasn't the last SA because in some corner of the Tree of Life there was one more" type of scenario to happen, but who knows. Maybe I'll think about that theory for a minute.

edit: Looks like I'm gonna have to find the OVAs. Only thing I remember about them was Apollo kicking Reika's ass(I only watched ep 1), but I think it might be necessary for comparisons and links to the new series. Why couldn't they just made them an extra on the dvds, lol?

Last edited by frubam; 2012-01-16 at 02:38.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 02:28   Link #270
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
*points to next episode preview*
Watched the ED after I posted
Old 2012-01-16, 03:17   Link #271
kuromitsu

Quote:
As for this, how is this episode anything majorly different from the style of the first Aquarion? That was a bit of a school love comedy hijinks series too,
Not this much, though - the hijinks were rather different (will we have the girls going on a diet this time? 8D Or Aquarion learning to walk, god, even thinking of it makes me laugh ), and it didn't have this sort of physical "hijinks," afaik the closest it got was shots of Tsugumi's boobs. The girls didn't even wear such, ah, revealing clothes (I mean, uh, Zessica... o___o). But thank god Amata flying into Mikono's crotch was played as the setup of the joke so it was all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I'm not disproving your theory, but I never got that feeling. I still don't think Kagura is Apollo's incarnation, and even moreso this Mikage being Touma's. My initial impression was that 'how a Shadow Angel can be reincarnated into another Shadow Angel when Futaba was the last SA to have been born?'
Well, Mykage is asleep trapped in a huge crystal wall. Touma being technically immortal and all, it's quite possible that he's been like that for 12000 years. If he really is Touma, though, it brings up some interesting parallel universe theories...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 03:30   Link #272
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Dogeza orz XDDDDD
Nice OP, and Sazanka pose at the end of the OP, Ranka's "Kira" pose?
Old 2012-01-16, 05:00   Link #273
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Also, lord help... I am totally addicted to the OP It is the first time we hear the studio version of the song without background conversation, and it's like SOUSEI GATTAI to the ears

Something else I noticed about the episode though... Andy W. Hol = Andy Warhol?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-01-16, 05:13   Link #274
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Let's go, kyoudai!
Old 2012-01-16, 05:26   Link #275
magnuskn

Quote:
Anybody else consider the theory that the Abductors' world may be the "real" earth where the original Aquarion took place, and the world Amata and the other are in is either an alternate dimension or a world that humans colonized or something at some point in the 12,000 year span between the original series and EVOL? That would be an interesting twist and would explain why Apollo and Touma's reincarnations/descendants are both on the Abductors' side. And remember that the Aquarion OVA was a parallel universe to the original Aquarion as pointed out at the end of the OVA, so there's precedent.
It certainly crossed my mind that there is a good chance that our good ol' Earth may be an industrial wasteland in 12.000 years... maybe that is why they need to abduct people, it ain't looking like they just use them the same way the angels did in the original.

---

This episode has made it clear: This is definitely the best anime since Macross Frontier. I hope they can keep up this level of awesome.
Old 2012-01-16, 05:30   Link #276
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Hmmm... on the official website, the Aquaria that appears this ep isn't called an Aquaria at all, but the "Aquarion Gepart", despite it being identical to the Aquarias save for color. Seems they're using the term "Aquarion" for any mech with Amata as the head.

Edit: Or not. On second look, the mech in this episode was definitely an Aquaria Type-M and not the Gepart, since the latter is a lot more blue. Maybe it appears next episode.

Old 2012-01-16, 06:12   Link #277
Kakkou
Tch.

Well that was fun, especially the dogeza skill. Enjoyment factor is strong in this show. I think I'll give the first series a try too.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 07:00   Link #278
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Let's go, kyoudai!
Ahahaha, nice.
I'm definitely having fun watching this anime. It's nice to have another series that knows how to have fun right after watching iM@S.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 07:55   Link #279
Valky
Radioactive

the orz pretty stupid.

this anime has the best animation of this season.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 07:55   Link #280
ReddyRedWolf

Interesting what is lost 12,000 years after. Deava Elements at least knew that they were reincarnated from Elements during Atlandia-Sangrila war between Shadow Angels and Humans 12,000 years beforehand. Neo Deava doesn't have a clue about Solar Wings Apollinius nor about reincarnation.

I find also intriguing that Amata's power anti-gravity is the direct opposite of what Gen Fudo taught Apollo and the Elements to connect with the Earth. That and his feet has wings much like Shadow Angel Futaba who was slaughtered to create the Assault Aquarion systems.
Spoiler for Futaba:

More speculation.

Given the Abductors have an image of Alisia and Alisia in Amata's vision is taken by Aquarion Evol I think I may have a clue on who the Abductors could be. They are not Shadow Angels nor are they Humans. Shadow Angel-like Humans and Human-like Shadow Angels. Creations of Sangrila, Apollinius and Celine's capital. Alisia is the kingdom of Sirius and Sylvia that fell. Altea the motherland that wont accept them refers to Earth.

You see Alisia which became the home of Deava is Sangrila.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction