AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-10, 20:37   Link #1061
Warm Mist

The MC letting his powerlevel slip was the highlight, by far.

Can't wait for the blonde girl, I need more delusions.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 20:38   Link #1062
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Oh god, the characters are such a delight. I'm glad to see that this series is faring better than I had initially expected; it's just really good fun.
Old 2012-10-10, 20:51   Link #1063
Excorsism

Rikka and Yuuta are an incredible match. Also really like Rikka holding on to Yuuta as they walk to school and stuff, very cute.

And on the subject of the sister, I look forward to the inevitable beach/hot spring episode, . I also cracked up hard when they reverted between the delusional fight scene and what was happening, reminded me of Clannad with Tomoyo and those biker guys.
Old 2012-10-10, 20:56   Link #1064
novalysis

Seriously, Kyo-Ani should branch out a little more and produce an action-fantasy theme anime. This is more awesome than some other ACTUAL Fighting Anime shows.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 20:58   Link #1065
Linglan

this episode is so fun, a lot of imagination going wild. And her sister is good with cooking ladle
Linglan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 21:21   Link #1066
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

and lol at "This world shall be conquered by darkness as of the the year 2012!"
Old 2012-10-10, 21:36   Link #1067
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Obvious now where Rikka's chuuni came from...
Old 2012-10-10, 21:39   Link #1068
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Episode 3 title thanks to KBS:
Spoiler:

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 21:42   Link #1069
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Spoiler:
It's time!

Anyway I wonder if they'll release that full chuuni babble of Yuuta. That was entertaining as hell to listen to.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 22:10   Link #1070
HandofFate

I like Kumin, she was a great bystander character. I hope she shows up a few more times.

Some of the camera angles were really fancy this episode, not even talking about the fight scene.

Around 13:00 when Rikka escaped from her room to the balcony, it was a pretty smooth transition. You don't really see this kind of movement in anime, usually its just a straight cut.
Old 2012-10-10, 22:33   Link #1071
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I feel I must make amends for my poor choice of words and attitude last time so as I said I gave the second episode a chance and came off pleasantly surprised.

It reminded me of the mindless fun of Haganai where characters would go into these extended and incredibly absurd fantasies of them battling each other in improbable settings and then suddenly snap out of it. Definitely very similar to that one, but unfortunately it ran out of steam and I didn't end up watching anymore past about the halfway point. The sister character is also pretty great. We're really getting a lot of these dangerous long dark haired red eyed females that have some gutsiness to them, this as I suspected is definitely a trend to be sure. It even has it's own TV Tropes page.

I think I'll keep it just the same as I did that one though as it fits in quiet nicely with the other high budget good old fashioned fun anime of the season I like to use to fill out my regular schedule. Though sadly this will be my last post here about this particular show.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-10-11 at 00:03.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 23:34   Link #1072
Akarin

Freebies
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 23:40   Link #1073
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Just finished the episode and the series just keeps getting better and better. The face that Yuuto made during a past recording was funny as hell, and the "fight" between Rikka and her sister was cool despite it being a delusion.

Why can't I have a cool and awesome friend like Rikka in real life?
Old 2012-10-10, 23:51   Link #1074
rulfo

Kigami really brought his a-game to this episode. When Nichijou was airing, he handled one of the most amusing episodes in that show.

I'm really hoping and anticipating for Takemoto to handle a funny episode.

Anyway did Kigami use his real name or his pen name? If he used his real name then that's quite unexpected. He almost never uses his real name in TV series.

Oh and can someone do a smaller gif of this?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-10-11 at 00:10.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 00:59   Link #1075
teja208
Critical fanboy

This is more like it, The Delusion of Grandeur. Something I’ve been waiting to see ever since the first PV. I was fantastic.

Today’s episode special word is cat “chimera”. I like the idea of using this mystic creature for introducing both Kumin and Toka.

I was right about Shinka in mizugi being part of Yuuta’s fantasy, but it looks like Shinka also taken interest in Yuuta as she clearly remembered their first meeting and remarked that she and Yuuta may have something in common. Clearly, she had no idea of how Yuuta was back in middle school.

Another highlight is the tape record. Oh how I enjoy hearing middle school Yuuta’s declaration that he’s going to take over the world with his new found power + evil laugh. Reminds me of a certain time traveling mad scientist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Ep 3:
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 01:36   Link #1076
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

The 2nd episode was just as funny as the 1st one. If this isn't the best comedy of the season, then I don't know what it is. Also, the animation in the "battle" scene was epic.
Old 2012-10-11, 01:41   Link #1077
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I liked how Rikka kept getting between Yuuta and Kumin, as if she felt that she was trying to take him away from her. I wouldn't be surprised oif SHinka knows more than she's letting on. And Rikka's sister is a pure blackmailer. Why she recorded Yuuta's delusions, I don't know, but it was fun to see him squirm in agony over it.

The (delusional) fight scene was brilliant. I hope to see more of that in this show. Never before was a fight between a ladle and an umbrella this exciting.
Old 2012-10-11, 02:08   Link #1078
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Lite Episode 3 is up:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 02:17   Link #1079
whitecloud

How I hope I have some friend as interesting as her....well....by the way if you guys are approached by someone like her ( chuunibyou of opposite sex, men or woman)what are your reaction ?would you go along or just like yuuta? As for me as long there is nobody around I'll go along as long within acceptable limit...

I guess for the woman most likely their reaction would be like " what the hell so weird..." right? Where the guy might not have such a down right Rejection...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 02:38   Link #1080
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Lite Episode 3 is up:
Jesus, if Rikka saw this, she'd be all over him. I hope he goes back to his Dark Flame Master mode just for the FUN. His family adorable as ever. And.... that humorous outfit change to greet the officer. I guess they're more or less aware of what they're doing. (Rikka and Yuuta)

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen