AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-07, 16:36   Link #161
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
With the computer being highlighted in this past episode, and next episode being "Mashiro-iro Symphony", that's actually how I expect the anime to close off now, since it will tie up most of the loose ends.
Indeed, with the title for next episode being what it is, I expect it to touch both upon the newfound relationship between Miu and Shingo, along with all things Pannya related, thus leaving the final episode for the merging issues. That way the final episode will have us come a full circle, and open up ways to deliver small closures for all the other characters and make commentary on their growth and change as people.

I just hope the next episode doesn't spend too much time on Pannya, as I would highly appreciate some focus on our new couple. Would be nice to see, say, another visit from Shingo to Miu's home ... so her mother gets ample opportunity to tease them! (Maybe along with the event where Shingo spends the night there ? ).

But yeah, I assume next episode will be largely about Shingo/Miu/Pannya, and the final episode offering closure to the "global" problem, which served as the trigger to bring all these people together.
Old 2011-12-07, 17:12   Link #162
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I just hope the next episode doesn't spend too much time on Pannya, as I would highly appreciate some focus on our new couple. Would be nice to see, say, another visit from Shingo to Miu's home ... so her mother gets ample opportunity to tease them! (Maybe along with the event where Shingo spends the night there ? ).
As long as I get to see a kiss scene, I will be happy. Anything more than that is naturally better and will be accepted without complaint . But, what I want to see is the scene where Sana openly praises/positively comments on Shingo. It was a nice moment to see she has acknowledged him as being a good male in front of others in the VN.

On a sidenote:
Spoiler for Airi's route before it gets steamy:
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 17:32   Link #163
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
In Airi's route I was quite surprised in how "forward" she was with regards to going all the way. I mean after their first kiss, she was gradually yearning for more instead of other VNs where the main lead is the "driving force".
Heh, well ... indeed, I guess Mashifoni did indeed portray this in a more balanced manner than most other VNs tend to do. As far as my fuzzy memory tells me, Miu wasn't exactly shying away from bringing their relationship a step further either. In fact, Shingo may well have been more anxious than her regarding the whole ordeal ... the cause of his "performance anxiety issues", if you will

Now this was brought up before, but I really would like the anime to touch upon this part (Not that I really expect it though ... there are precious few VN-anime that approach the adult part of the material, even if only implied. Besides, exploring this side of their relationship would probably require a wee bit more time than they have left) - both for comedic value, and for the important step in their relationship that it was. Not going to happen though in all likelihood.
Old 2011-12-07, 19:17   Link #164
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
In Airi's route I was quite surprised in how "forward" she was with regards to going all the way. I mean after their first kiss, she was gradually yearning for more instead of other VNs where the main lead is the "driving force".
This is basically Shingo's personality; he's considerate to a fault, and doesn't want to push anyone further than they want to be pushed. I used the analogy in the anime thread that he's the sort of person who stands at the door and knocks and waits to be invited in. So in pretty much all the routes, the heroines take some of the initiative and make it clear that they want things to progress in that sense too. In fact, in Ange's route, he makes her wait for almost a month, causing her a great deal of frustration! Once they cross that initial barrier, I'd say it's pretty equal in terms of who takes the initiative, which (as Skyfall says) is probably one of the better things about the approach in this game. Although the adult content can still probably be excised without hurting the story too badly, it's one of those games where that content was a bit more relevant and better-integrated than it sometimes is. In many cases it was tied directly to the on-going character development.
Old 2011-12-08, 03:14   Link #165
amoirsp

This may be overkill in using a post to ask, but it is a game question.

Spoiler:

That's the last of what came to mind for now. Thanks for the earlier clarifications (and oh my at how negatively of a speculation I did lol)
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 03:35   Link #166
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoirsp View Post
Spoiler:
I don't remember if we ever saw an outside look at the café in the game, so not sure if it's the same one... but it would stand to reason (no reason why it couldn't be the same one).

As far Sana and her naming of Shingo, "Kuzumushi" is a sort of "put-down" or "slur"; it's sort of like if she were calling him "maggot" as a nickname -- she's intending to be somewhat demeaning in saying so. She says this partly due to her general mistrust/hatred of guys, but also to cover up her embarrassment and to introduce artificial distance when she feels he's getting too close -- like a sort of protection mechanism. At one point in the game, she doesn't want anyone to figure out she's going out with Shingo, so she tries to use it again and it inadvertantly becomes an odd sort of term of endearment (audio clip). Her honest/true self, though, will generally address him by name in the usual progression (first name after she gets close enough to him). When she gets embarrassed, upset, or if she's trying to protect her Miu-senpai, she may revert, but this happens less the closer they get to each other.
Old 2011-12-08, 03:38   Link #167
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoirsp View Post
This may be overkill in using a post to ask, but it is a game question.

Spoiler:

That's the last of what came to mind for now. Thanks for the earlier clarifications (and oh my at how negatively of a speculation I did lol)
I don't know if the café was the same one, but in the game it seems to be something like their common meeting location outside of school. You have in Sakuno's route a few relevant scenes between Shingo and Hayato and I think Sakuno and Airi have met there as well. My memory is too hazy, but maybe Shingo+*end girl* went also there during their dates. Not too sure, though.
@Sana: I'm not the best Sana expert around, but Uryuu -> Kuzumushi was the transition from her facade of being nice to inital man-hater. The transition to Shingo (which only happens in Miu and obviously in Sana's route [PSP version]) can be seen as the start of her growing affection towards Shingo and/or that she doesn't want to put too much of distance between them after Miu offered the first-name-basis + suffix. The later Kuzumushis are more or less when she temporary reverts back to her "cold" side or goes in Miu-protection-mode
After she was rejected for good I think she remained with calling him Shingo. At least from the scenes that were in the VN shown afterwards.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 03:48   Link #168
hyl
reading #hikaributts

There was indeed a cafe in many of the routes, but that was never important. I am not even sure the name of the cafe was mentioned in the game though.
Also that cafe in the anime is also not the same cafe as the one in the drama cd with Miu (i had to check my cd to confirm it hoping that it would be the same )
Spoiler for probably psp spoiler:
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 03:57   Link #169
amoirsp

Man I already learned that Sana's a nice character with her dimensions and all but the fact that the naming criterion is such a simple concept yet runs so deep (and even deeper), it's quite amazing.

Yeah the cafe isn't too important but I had a huge hunch it must have existed. So when ep 10 ran the way it did I was like oh dude I'm sure this is probably the cafe used maybe.

Thanks for the confirmation. Yup your discussions are right, thus is an indirect ploy to increase demand on the game now that I think about it.

Now that Hyl mentioned it, drama CD content hadn't even been mentioned to much of an extent. Amazing what a game with a for the most part simple premise can flesh out several key themes and pointers quite nicely. Is this what made it a game with good sales in 2009? (if I remember correctly, it was pretty top 10 in something I think.)
Old 2011-12-08, 04:08   Link #170
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Those drama cd's are all kinda silly side stories focusing around the relation of Shingo and one of the heroines. You won't miss out on anything important, but they are fun to listen. Also i don't think all of them are canon with their story in the VN though (like Miu's)
Old 2011-12-08, 19:20   Link #171
Vena
Carpe Diem

I wonder what the chances are of a group to pick and translate this game for the many people missing out on its better-than-most story for a eroge VN (and VN in general). With the anime turning some heads, I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd appreciate to see/play the VN but are barred from it because of the language barrier.
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 07:27   Link #172
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I have noticed something when skipping through Miu's story in the VN to spot some differences.
The dates in game for most events seem to roughly match the airing dates of the anime
ep 1: aired in the first week of october and the VN started also roughtly the same time with the last day of september and the first day of october.
ep 3: had the supermarket scene. In game that happened in october 16th. So it's pretty much 2 weeks after the start of the VN.
ep 4: the studysession and Airi's birthday, which all happened in the last week of october in game. Also it was the end of the common route.
ep 5: In the VN the character specific route started in november 1st , ep 5 was first aired in november 1st.
ep 7:the nukobu was officially saved in this episode after the principal verified the members and the club was saved in the VN by 13th november at the end of the day.
ep 10: this episode combined the confession scene (december 2nd) and the Sana scene (december 3rd) and it was aired in the first week of december.

Well the anime has now to alter the dates of some events, because Miu's story ends when she graduates and that was in february.

Last edited by hyl; 2011-12-09 at 07:37. Reason: edit fixed a mistake
Old 2011-12-09, 11:40   Link #173
Marina2

I will take a guess that the name for ep.12 must be "Rainbow-colored [something]"
Old 2011-12-10, 00:24   Link #174
amoirsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I have noticed something when skipping through Miu's story in the VN to spot some differences.
The dates in game for most events seem to roughly match the airing dates of the anime
ep 1: aired in the first week of october and the VN started also roughtly the same time with the last day of september and the first day of october.
ep 3: had the supermarket scene. In game that happened in october 16th. So it's pretty much 2 weeks after the start of the VN.
ep 4: the studysession and Airi's birthday, which all happened in the last week of october in game. Also it was the end of the common route.
ep 5: In the VN the character specific route started in november 1st , ep 5 was first aired in november 1st.
ep 7:the nukobu was officially saved in this episode after the principal verified the members and the club was saved in the VN by 13th november at the end of the day.
ep 10: this episode combined the confession scene (december 2nd) and the Sana scene (december 3rd) and it was aired in the first week of december.

Well the anime has now to alter the dates of some events, because Miu's story ends when she graduates and that was in february.
Reading this makes me think an episode 12 or OVA could spawn in February.

Interesting how time similar it is. How on earth do you time to this degree?
Old 2011-12-10, 09:48   Link #175
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Because the VN shows the date after a day ends/new day starts.
Like this

(this is from the psp game though and there are obviously no borders in the pc version)
Old 2011-12-12, 01:12   Link #176
geraldsoh

what does the error say can anyone help to translate please?
http://i.imgur.com/GAvyU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PnmD9.jpg
geraldsoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 02:22   Link #177
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldsoh View Post
what does the error say can anyone help to translate please?
http://i.imgur.com/GAvyU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PnmD9.jpg
The warning is "This program is already running in another session", and the error is "Cannot operate in this environment". So I'd try rebooting your computer, and if that doesn't work re-install from the original DVD.
Old 2011-12-12, 05:25   Link #178
geraldsoh

thanks for the translation

can we play that game in window 7?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-12-12 at 09:26. Reason: please edit rather than double-posting
Old 2011-12-12, 05:41   Link #179
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Yes, i reinstalled Mashiphony on my new laptop with windows 7 a few months ago.
Old 2011-12-12, 05:45   Link #180
geraldsoh

oh thanks again for the information

May i know how big is the whole game?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-12-12 at 09:27. Reason: don't double-post

Tags
eroge, visual novel