AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 76 49.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-09, 15:23   Link #21
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Spoiler for Ehh Ep6:
What im trying to say is it was to predictable in the sense that pretty much everyone said it and no other theories.

Foreshadowing is when it gives you hints to what may happen but by not giving it away. I said it failed because it basically gave it away right from the start.

Im not saying it was horrible but it could have been done better. But that's about the only bad thing I personally see.

And like I said I don't think it's true since they revealead it so early on.
Old 2008-02-09, 15:27   Link #22
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
I tend to agree with that, if something like this came up in the last quarter of the series than I would think it's true but at the halfway point.. nope.
Old 2008-02-09, 15:30   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I guess I'm just going to end up in this emotionally wrecked state after every episode. Now we have the makings of true tragedy: where the protagonist's own flaws draw down an inexorable fate.

We end the show with Shin, Hiromi, Aiko and Nobuse all shattered, with Noe to come in the next ep, and Jun and mama always shattered anyway. And except for the sins of the parental generation, it all comes down to Shin's flawed character: indecisive, cowardly, insensitive, blind -- and especially, "good."

A couple of things about Hiromi's "confession": I think she said it was her aunt, Shin's mother, not her grandma, who told her (obasan, not obaasan). And I think ka mo shirenai ("may be") is often not quite so uncertain as it seems. I think people often use it to soften the statement, not because they really think there is any doubt.

So what I'm saying is I think Shin's mom told Hiromi that she actually is Shin's half-sister. This means that the tragedy is that she can never be his girlfriend. No ifs, ands, or buts. No wishful thinking by those who prefer Hiromi. Brother and sister.

Now, I prefer Noe, but that doesn't leave me off the hook. Shin, from events in this episode and next, is clearly distancing himself from her, much to her dismay. Could Aiko be well placed to comfort him in his dark night?

Hiromi"s ichatta ("There, I said it.") was drawn by the animators and delivered by Nazuka Kaori just brilliantly.

I have no problem with this turn of events. It was foreshadowed and it happened. Where's the dramatic problem there? In a classical tragedy, the big turn of events happens in the middle of the play, which is where we are right now. It will be more problematic for me if it now turns out that she isn't his half-sister. Blood tests, anyone?

The only thing that bothers me is the relationship between Shin's mother and father, and the way he said Hiromi was their daughter as much as Shin. Would he really say that if she were really his? I'm not saying she isn't, just that the writer should not have written that earlier scene that way if she was.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-02-09 at 15:51.
Old 2008-02-09, 15:31   Link #24
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
All I now is if:

Spoiler for ep6:
If I may make an observation, I've seen many viewers are hung up on the idea of predictability/unpredictability which dictates their enjoyment of a series. Some viewers do not like shows if the plot points are predictable and some do not like when a plot is unexpectedly unpredictable. I personally think predictability/unpredictability can never outweigh the overall presentation that balances the storytelling. Predictability/unpredictability doesn't make a good show. A fluid presentation does. A balanced storytelling will portray the characters of a show nicely and will present the story in an easy-to-digest chunk.

If the plot for this series is closely scrutinized, it can be very easily seen that the series hasn't made much of a progression from episode 1 to 6 in its story and yet it has been very enjoyable for a lot of us. The character themselves what make this show so enjoyable for all of us, but they are in no way unpredictable, and nor is the story. Every week I anticipate the show will veer away from its course and try to apply the standard shock-value to bring/give development to a character... and every week I've been proven wrong. In my humble opinion, that's what making the show stand out so far even though the show is very unoriginal. And it's all in the presentation.
Old 2008-02-09, 15:46   Link #25
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
No...that is what making this special. I've seen too many series where the truth is left to drag on so stopping that early brings about a breath of fresh air. Now it comes down to how they will build up on that as they still have pleanty of time to develop the characters. What will shin do knowing and how would he react etc

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-09, 16:40   Link #26
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

well that was an awesome episode.
what came was expected , but the impact was still that of a bomb .
kudos to the producers .

I like what i see in the preview for the next episode xD .
Old 2008-02-09, 17:11   Link #27
cloudninja

Quote:
And like I said I don't think it's true since they revealed it so early on.
Spoiler for episode 6 spoiler:
Old 2008-02-09, 17:18   Link #28
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Oh wow the shit hit the fan harder in this episode than i originally thought it would downloading the episode right now i cant wait. I will still have to rewatch a subbed version to get the full dialog but this i just cant wait for.
Old 2008-02-09, 17:25   Link #29
ThoHell

Holy crapola! Drama and tension building up left and right. Everything is going to chaos in this episode, just wow.

I think things are going quite fast, it's barely halfway through the series and chaos is everywhere. It's intense! I'm loving this series, best I've seen in awhile. Saturdays always have the best animes on, can always look forward to Saturdays!
Old 2008-02-09, 18:11   Link #30
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

I was originally more of Kaoru's opinion when the idea was brought up episodes earlier that Hiromi and Shin had some blood relation.

Spoiler for ep 6:

While I am in no way bashing the animation, which was splendid as always, there was no particular lipsynching in this ep (ichatta). The best example of that for me is still the animation in the opening scene of Kamichu.

Last edited by Wavedash; 2008-02-09 at 18:14. Reason: additional thoughts
Old 2008-02-09, 18:20   Link #31
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
Spoiler for ep 6:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-09, 18:30   Link #32
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Spoiler:
My second perfect score, Incredible how they were able to surpass episode 5. I would give this episode a 11 if there were such score. This show is getting better and better. Congratulations to all the people that came with the theory that was revealed in this episode. Though it might still be possible that is not true.
Old 2008-02-09, 18:49   Link #33
jaisrh

Just watched episode 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Spoiler for episode 7 preview:

Spoiler for comment on episode 7 preview spoiler:
Old 2008-02-09, 19:26   Link #34
jaisrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for about above spoiler:
Old 2008-02-09, 19:57   Link #35
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisrh View Post
Spoiler for about above spoiler:
well,
Spoiler for episode 6 about hiromi revelation:

Another case of misdirection, very well done! We all thought that the "Sore nan no Jodan"
was for another reason!
Old 2008-02-09, 19:59   Link #36
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I see that people who like Hiromi are still holding out hope. Well, maybe. As you speculate, it is possible it is just a suspicion -- but Shin's mom appears to believe it's true, anyway. I don't think it's something she would choose to believe if there were any real chance it wasn't so.

And Hiromi does call herself a bad person after she has made the revelation, but I think that's for the revelation, not for any lie. This is her reaching her, limit, blowing up at her aunt, loving her brother's defense of her, and feeling unable to keep her mouth shut about the truth, which she knows will make him very unhappy, as it does her.

I saw Jun's sensitivity to Hiromi's reaction about Shin/Noe as boding well. He's a tough lad, but I haven't seen evil yet. I thought that Hiromi was affected by him, at least pheromonally. She may yearn for Shin, but I don't think she's immune to Jun's charms. Maybe they both will learn that they can love someone other than their sibling.

As for predictability, I think there are many ways this show could have gone or could go now. If we happen to have thought of one thing that did come true, that doesn't mean the show is predictable, just that it's consistent. Events seeming to happen out of the blue is what I object to. In any case, I find unpredictable plot events much less entertaining than rich and consistent characters, as monir said.

And since jaisrh quoted my previous comments in a spoiler, I thought I'd mention why I didn't put them in a spoiler originally. (Not that I'm objecting at all.) This thread is for episode 6, so I don't think spoilers should be necessary for events in episode 6. Personally, I never read these one-episode threads until I've seen the episode. And I see nothing in post #1 that prohibits information from the episode itself, just for future episodes. Anyway, I know other people may feel differently, so I thought I'd expose my own thinking in case anyone had an opinion. As far as I'm concerned, we can all just keep doing whatever we're individually comfortable with.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-02-09, 20:13   Link #37
UPR

One thing I could see next ep.

Shin will question his father about the situation.

There is one thing that makes me think the situation is not true.

I can't see Hiromi and Shin have very strong feelings for each other to just have them end with different people and be happy. And also they can't possibly stretch out this through 7 ep. Can They? that would mean the plot would be stuck in one place. And this team has done a great job up to this point that leads me to believe this 'controversy' will end within the next 2-3 ep leaving 3-4 other ep for something else.
Old 2008-02-09, 20:21   Link #38
issei

i usually stay away from this kind of series, but i'm hooked, and episode 6 recapitulates the attraction to the narrative. on the vonnegut chart, the story's zig-zagging in not-entirely-unexpected-but-still-enjoyable ways. i really empathize with nobuse and aiko for very different reasons, and it'll be interesting to see how that tangent develops in 7+.
Old 2008-02-09, 20:30   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Another case of misdirection, very well done! We all thought that the "Sore nan no Jodan"
was for another reason!
Not all of us~~

Spoiler for post from episode 5 thread:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-02-09, 20:48   Link #40
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Not all of us~~
well, most people thought that it was the reaction from Shin to Aiko!
Closed Thread