Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-06, 20:52   Link #81
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Wow this chapter was pretty good. THe spoilers made it sound like crap.
Yep.........
Old 2009-03-06, 22:58   Link #82
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

So Bon Clay actually was just running away, but at least he felt bad about it unlike Buggy and Mr. 3
Old 2009-03-07, 05:14   Link #83
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

I know this is only his time to shine but hell Magellan's one is one hell of a devil fruit...I'd eat it over darkness or light fruits, if it didnt have such weird side effect
Old 2009-03-07, 07:22   Link #84
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
I know this is only his time to shine but hell Magellan's one is one hell of a devil fruit...I'd eat it over darkness or light fruits, if it didnt have such weird side effect
What side effect? He eats poison because he's mentaly ill XD and he's more resisten to poisons too.
Old 2009-03-07, 09:32   Link #85
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
What side effect? He eats poison because he's mentaly ill XD and he's more resisten to poisons too.
Hmm I thought his stomach-aches were because of his devil fruit but not so sure about it :P well that only makes the fruit better Its like some acid based df that I been dreaming about lately
Old 2009-03-07, 10:56   Link #86
Wolcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Hmm I thought his stomach-aches were because of his devil fruit but not so sure about it :P well that only makes the fruit better Its like some acid based df that I been dreaming about lately
I mean that he's mentaly ill, cause he eats poison for the taste of it Oo I thought that this might be the cause of his stomach-aches XD
Old 2009-03-07, 10:56   Link #87
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Seeing Luffy´s dying resolve in this chapter where he is willing too loose his hands in order to save Ace is so touching
Old 2009-03-07, 15:46   Link #88
Phenomenal
Banned

You can't be serious?
Old 2009-03-07, 20:04   Link #89
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Seeing Luffy´s dying resolve in this chapter where he is willing too loose his hands in order to save Ace is so touching
As I have said once before on this same thread. That level of resolve shouldn't be the least bit surprising to a One Piece fan.

Even if something happens to Luffy's hands. I wouldn't be surprised if he could be cured. Notice how every time the warden poisons someone they keep calling the for antidote. That's been called for by convicts and prison workers alike. That makes me think that there is an antidote.

Right now we just need to see how that hit effected him. If he's a Logia type, like Luffy, then I would think that hit would of caused some major damage. Seeing the type he is. I'm doubting the Chief Warden is used to someone being crazy enough to hit him directly.
Old 2009-03-08, 14:05   Link #90
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
As I have said once before on this same thread. That level of resolve shouldn't be the least bit surprising to a One Piece fan.

Even if something happens to Luffy's hands. I wouldn't be surprised if he could be cured. Notice how every time the warden poisons someone they keep calling the for antidote. That's been called for by convicts and prison workers alike. That makes me think that there is an antidote.

Right now we just need to see how that hit effected him. If he's a Logia type, like Luffy, then I would think that hit would of caused some major damage. Seeing the type he is. I'm doubting the Chief Warden is used to someone being crazy enough to hit him directly.
Magellan's probably a paramecia since he didn't actually take the form of a poison solvent (his whole body didn't change into goo) rather he just sort of slid around in it like a booger bungy jumping from a long snot cable. I wouldn't be surprised if the antidote was kept in the kitchen like in a fridge or something
Old 2009-03-08, 16:46   Link #91
Wolcik

Creazy thought: Luffy is very hungry aftel batteling and he goes to Magellan's office and he eats it - but it's Magellan's food so it's posioned Oo
Old 2009-03-08, 21:40   Link #92
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Rubber is pretty good at containing and keeping things out. If Magellan is made of poison wouldn't Luffy beable to resist him as long as he doesn't get any in his mouth or any other open areas on his body? He was able to resist the electriciy guy becuse of his rubber attributes. So wouldn't his rubber attributes come in handy for this battle. His skin isn't like human skin, its like a chemical suit. So he wouldn't absorb any of the poison in his skin.
Old 2009-03-08, 22:34   Link #93
Kuroyuki
Obscure Unknown

Spoiler for rant:

For this chapter, it really highlights how strong Luffy has become, not only in combat strength, but strength in willpower. His blind determination is refreshing, since he undoubtably knows that he is at a great disadvantage.

Here's to a great pirate that follows his heart.

-K
Old 2009-03-08, 23:33   Link #94
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Magellan's probably a paramecia since he didn't actually take the form of a poison solvent (his whole body didn't change into goo) rather he just sort of slid around in it like a booger bungy jumping from a long snot cable. I wouldn't be surprised if the antidote was kept in the kitchen like in a fridge or something
Yeah, I'm really siding with the paramecia the more I see it.
Jet Bazooka is a powerful move. It should be interesting to see how the warden handles it. Luffy is pretty weak from hunger though and now poisoned.
Old 2009-03-09, 05:11   Link #95
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Personally, I feel that Luffy's victories against Crocodile and Moria were big flukes. They easily could've beaten him but they greatly underestimated Luffy and that is what allowed them to be defeated. Each member of the shichibukai is extremely dangerous and powerful, and that is why they form one of the three world powers. They are all amongst the top tiers in the One Piece universe, Luffy isn't. To say that a rookie like Luffy is on their level at this point is a little far fetched. If Crocodile and Moria didn't mess around with Luffy, he definitely would've lost against them. Oda had to "dumb" them down by having them make stupid mistakes in order for them to lose and allow the story to advance.
I think your underestimating luffy, the victory over crocodile was not a fluke...yes crocodile did have a chance to beat him but he underestimated luffy and luffy was saved several times but what goes around comes around, luffy's strength fluctuates and you cant determine how strong he is from one point to another, luffy ain't no ordinary rookie. you cant ignore the fact he beat 2 of the schichibukai's. at the final fight between him and crocodile we got to witness luffy's strong resolve and ofcourse you can argue the fact he got lucky but have you considered that luffy sometimes does use haki powered attacks without him knowing, we know that you can use haki to beat logia fruit users e.g. rayleigh, crocodile did use his sand powers yet luffy was able to hurt him which concludes that he did use haki at that point. luffy doesn't know his pontential and he possesses the strongest type of haki. the victory over moria was the whole crew's effort, and i would agree with you on the point you made that moria messed around and would have been able to beat luffy 1 v 1. what differentiates luffy from other pirates is the fact that luffy doesn't know where he stands in terms of power and is willing to risk his life to protect his nakama, he never considers the consequences or the fact that he can lose . it his dream that keeps him going and at this pace, he is a force to be reckoned with. in conclusion i think right now he is at a lower tier schichibukai level. once he masters his haki then boy oh boy they will have to send one of those big advanced WG toys to stop him.
Old 2009-03-09, 12:54   Link #96
Smokin' D. Ace
Boatswain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrokinetic View Post
Luffy sometimes does use Haki powered attacks without him knowing, we know that you can use Haki to beat Logia fruit users e.g. Rayleigh, Sir Crocodile did use his sand powers yet Luffy was able to hurt him which concludes that he did use haki at that point.
How Luffy was able to hurt Crocodile physically was explained by Luffy himself - Crocodile's sand fruit weakness is moisture. In their second fight Luffy used water against Crocodile and in their third and final fight Luffy used his own blood. He may have used Haki before in the past beside the incident with Duval's bull but we can only speculate since it hasn't been proven. And I highly doubt Luffy used Haki in the fight versus Crocodile to be able to hit him physically when it was specifically that he used moisture to perform the feat.

Regarding Luffy's fight with Mora, some people say that Moria didn't underestimate Luffy - Moria even brought out his most powerful move, ala 1000 shadow power! While I agree that the shadows does buff ones power most significantly you forget another part of Moria's power - his Doppelman. The Kage Kage fruit can almost be used as a Logia, and as I see it, Moria didn't use his power to the uttermost potential against Luffy. He went against Luffy physically, trying to prove a point, very similar to how Crocodile did in their last fight. Crocodile as well tried to fight Luffy hand-to-hand with his poison hook instead of using his powerful Suna Suna fruit. They tried to beat Luffy's resolve, his determination, and you know that is Luffy's strong suit. No one has stronger resolve than Luffy, if you try to top him at that you will fail and that's why Moria and Crocodile lost. Not because Luffy was the stronger fighter but because of the incidents leading to a specific type of battle in which Crocodile and Moria put themselves at a disadvantage.
Old 2009-03-09, 13:17   Link #97
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' D. Ace View Post
Regarding Luffy's fight with Mora, some people say that Moria didn't underestimate Luffy - Moria even brought out his most powerful move, ala 1000 shadow power! While I agree that the shadows does buff ones power most significantly you forget another part of Moria's power - his Doppelman. The Kage Kage fruit can almost be used as a Logia, and as I see it, Moria didn't use his power to the uttermost potential against Luffy. He went against Luffy physically, trying to prove a point, very similar to how Crocodile did in their last fight. Crocodile as well tried to fight Luffy hand-to-hand with his poison hook instead of using his powerful Suna Suna fruit. They tried to beat Luffy's resolve, his determination, and you know that is Luffy's strong suit. No one has stronger resolve than Luffy, if you try to top him at that you will fail and that's why Moria and Crocodile lost. Not because Luffy was the stronger fighter but because of the incidents leading to a specific type of battle in which Crocodile and Moria put themselves at a disadvantage.
There is a big difference between doppleman and a logia in that a logia can phase through attacks almost unconsciously (they only need a minor amount of concentration), where as Moria's power is an active change... if he is hit before he can decide whether or not to use the power he will be hit... if he can not concentrate for whatever reason, that will likely interfer with his ability to switch places... furtharmore, i'm not sure, but when Moria uses doppleman, he can't use other powers like his shadow bats as they are a part of doppleman; so he can't switch places will using the bats and so forth

the TRUE problem with Moria's 1000 shadow asgard was the fact that it was a double edge sword... despite his mastery over shadows not even he could maintain all those shadows in his body... he struggled to hold them in to the point where it was disturbing his concentration, it got to the point where he was just trying to hold them in and couldn't even fight
Old 2009-03-09, 14:24   Link #98
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Luffy is not on Shichibukai level yet and that's all there is to it. I've already provided a thorough explanation as to why that is. Why is this still being debated?

@Slayerx - Moria can use his "Brick Bat" move while using his doppleman to switch places. He did it against Sanji right after he stole Robin's Shadow (See Chapter 477 - Page 9). Moria's head is literally detached from Doppleman's body, while the remaining portion of doppleman's body breaks apart into bats to attack Sanji. This is one of the reasons why he is extremely dangerous, and like I mentioned before, he was just playing around while he was taking out the strawhats one by one.

People really need to stop looking down on Crocodile and Moria just because they've been defeated already. Are people also going to look down on Doflamingo, Mihawk, and Blackbeard, when they are eventually defeated? Come on guys. These are warlords we are talking about here, 7 individuals who together make up one of the 3 balancing world powers. They are a part of the top tier in the One Piece Universe, and to suggest that a rookie like Luffy is currently on their level is asinine.
Old 2009-03-09, 14:27   Link #99
Phenomenal
Banned

I agree Blackbeard D. Kuma. Luffy is not Shichibukai level yet and people need to realize his victory over Crocodile was nonsense and I persoanlly feel Moria's battle against Luffy was just bad writing [On Moria's part].
Old 2009-03-09, 14:37   Link #100
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
I agree Blackbeard D. Kuma. Luffy is not Shichibukai level yet and people need to realize his victory over Crocodile was nonsense and I persoanlly feel Moria's battle against Luffy was just bad writing [On Moria's part].
Exactly Phenomenol. As marvelB put it, Oda had to come up with convenient plot devices for both Crocodile and Moria to be defeated. Under no special circumstances, Luffy would get wrecked by Crocodile and Moria.