AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-09, 19:57   Link #981
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

The director's comments made me laugh...but really, thought what he listed were things that trying to put "boob" aspect about HOTD unique compared to the other anime, but seriously, all the stuffs that he said are pretty common nowadays. Its not even near the borderline. Boobs bouncing and oversized boobs are common, juz like panty shots, yet there people who're still not used to it yet.

I never really take what the director's said seriously. What the director did and what people want to watch are 2 different things. Both don't have to be on the same wavelength. If you watch it for zombie epicness, then watch for that sole reason. Think of the fanservice as a free gift. If you're not used to the fanservice, then either watch the (lol) censored version or juz drop this. As simple as that. Majority of forumers in here knew even before this show starts to air that HOTD will have a fanservice galore on it, so why still complaining and ranting about it. Even if there's no boob galore on it, there will still be fanservice anyway (cloth ripping, body naked), so you like it or not, you have no choice but to accept that zombie and fanservice are nearly inseparable.

tl;dr - That director's saying is a troll. Ignore it. Just treat this show like any other show.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 21:58   Link #982
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
i bet theirs gonna more ecchiness in the future episodes

so if ya hate unnecessary bouncing boobs, pantie shots, and gore be prepared to see more of it or stop watching
I think the other alternative is not pay attention to them.....I still like the gore and zombie elements.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 22:12   Link #983
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Random HotD story of the day:
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5750.html

To sum it all up... The director wants to put as much fanservice as possible.

"We don't intend to forget Breasts-Butts-Thighs even in a world full of zombies"
"We want to continue adding as many breast bounces as possible"
"We think people that come to watch this anime come to watch the breasts"
"I've never seen any anime with so much breast bouncing as this one"
"The staff has gotten used to it and are bouncing those breasts without me having to say anything"
"I'm trying to make this anime in a way that I, when I was a middle schooler, would have definitely bought"
And some other stuff...

.......Eh?

PS: NicoDouga's anime channel has officially launched HotD, so you can watch it for free there. As expected, lots of comments... that are stupid and hilarious.
Though of course, it isn't the fastest, so don't count on it if you plan to watch it as fast as you can.
Anime is for kids mang, why so serious?!
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 22:40   Link #984
Seitsuki
Onee!

It's pretty ridiculous yes that everyone who's old enough to have boobs will have them and then some. But who's complaining? (Tho as a staunch supporter of DFC rights I would have liked to see some representation, or at least more consideration and restraint. This blatant showing will merely sap the confidence of our budding young women who may not be as well endowed, which will inevitably lead... blahblah moral decline.. blah future is at stake.. take a stand... *and on*)
Old 2010-07-09, 23:16   Link #985
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
It's pretty ridiculous yes that everyone who's old enough to have boobs will have them and then some. But who's complaining? (Tho as a staunch supporter of DFC rights I would have liked to see some representation, or at least more consideration and restraint. This blatant showing will merely sap the confidence of our budding young women who may not be as well endowed, which will inevitably lead... blahblah moral decline.. blah future is at stake.. take a stand... *and on*)
I'll support your platform! The same thing was in the back of my head during this episode. A bit of bounce is fine but those flesh pillows there... we need a DFC so that the cast averages to a normal cup size. You know, for... realism. :P
Old 2010-07-09, 23:52   Link #986
ZeKeR
Superbad

so you all are trying to say....

zombie apocalypse + hawt highschool girls + two men + clothing damage + gore =

lawl.....
Old 2010-07-10, 00:37   Link #987
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
A bit of bounce is fine but those flesh pillows there... we need a DFC so that the cast averages to a normal cup size. You know, for... realism. :P
LOL One measly DFC is not enough to average their breast size to a "normal" cup size. But it's not necessary a bad thing to have many oversized pillows you can fondle wherever you go, especially to ease your mind over the zombie apocalypse.
Old 2010-07-10, 01:20   Link #988
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotobrastos View Post
Those comments sound like he's being sarcastic about it.
Or you know, boasting, like how the directors or anyone involved in the entertainment industry have this tendency. But I honestly rather have a director telling me about a zombie flick, "You gonna have moar explosions, moar blood and moar boobs" than "This gonna be a groundbreaking commentary on society you have never seen before, where you can peel off new meanings like the layers of an onion!". In the end, who will you expect to disappoint more?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 01:38   Link #989
NoLongerSane

Lol, you know watching the first episode it reminded me of this comic my sister showed me a while back.
Spoiler for comic link:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 02:52   Link #990
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Is episode 2 out already?
Old 2010-07-10, 02:57   Link #991
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Obviously not. If it were I'd be fa-watching it right now.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 03:03   Link #992
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Is episode 2 out already?
No. See: http://www.mahou.org/Showtime/ for future reference.
Old 2010-07-10, 03:46   Link #993
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
LOL at the completely black frame.

One thing I forgot to mention [and doesn't really get brought up,] compared to other shows, including currently airing ones, FINALLY a male lead that acts the part. I'm hopefully not the only one annoyed by the wuss phenomenon out there.
A-Freaking-Men. So tired of wuss leads. Finally a guy who takes charge and does things that you've come to NOT expect from male leads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
There is a need for Adam and Eve when everything is over They'll be wise to have some headstart
Better to wait until the zombie crisis is over. Once she gets along in pregnancy, she slows you down. And slowing you down can be fatal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Why cant this series be unique? Why must this series be JUST EXACTLY LIKE other zombie series? Why even bother to make new zombie nowaday anyway?
I like a little T&A with my zombie killing.
Old 2010-07-10, 03:58   Link #994
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
No. See: http://www.mahou.org/Showtime/ for future reference.
Thanks for the site.
Old 2010-07-10, 06:04   Link #995
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
I never really take what the director's said seriously. What the director did and what people want to watch are 2 different things. Both don't have to be on the same wavelength. If you watch it for zombie epicness, then watch for that sole reason. Think of the fanservice as a free gift.
This is exactly what happened when I watched it. I didn't see any of the fanservice except for the OP until forum pictures were posted showing me the ecchi.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 06:46   Link #996
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I didn't really like the fan service seen in this episode, but honestly it's presence didn't surprise me given the source. But even in the manga I didn't like it. I guess it's because it's the crazed over the top nature of it. It just seems to silly an juvenile to take seriously.

That being said, I love the series for the setting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
A-Freaking-Men. So tired of wuss leads. Finally a guy who takes charge and does things that you've come to NOT expect from male leads.
I don't delve into an escapist medium to look at losers ineffectually flail about.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 09:15   Link #997
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Random HotD story of the day:
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5750.html

To sum it all up... The director wants to put as much fanservice as possible.

"We don't intend to forget Breasts-Butts-Thighs even in a world full of zombies"
"We want to continue adding as many breast bounces as possible"
"We think people that come to watch this anime come to watch the breasts"
"I've never seen any anime with so much breast bouncing as this one"
"The staff has gotten used to it and are bouncing those breasts without me having to say anything"
"I'm trying to make this anime in a way that I, when I was a middle schooler, would have definitely bought"
And some other stuff...

.......Eh?
Most disappointing. Will human kind ever evolve. Although, the only way to stop fan service is for everyone to turn into zombies.
Old 2010-07-10, 10:33   Link #998
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Most disappointing. Will human kind ever evolve. Although, the only way to stop fan service is for everyone to turn into zombies.
That would just cause the survivors to have sex like rabbits while they wait for rescue, and then an orgy when they're done to repopulate the earth. Whether the zombie plague spread beyond their town or not is irrelevant.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 11:19   Link #999
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Cool, but we are talking about the anime.
Yeah but I don't see nothing wrong with going with the manga and comparing to the anime as long as it is not a spoiler and is related to the episode directly.......find it interesting to discuss the difference but most people did the moronic idea of going too far into the story and MODS got like so so yeah but we should talk about anime VS manga unless I missing a thread made for that.....
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 11:35   Link #1000
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Yeah but I don't see nothing wrong with going with the manga and comparing to the anime as long as it is not a spoiler and is related to the episode directly.......find it interesting to discuss the difference but most people did the moronic idea of going too far into the story and MODS got like so so yeah but we should talk about anime VS manga unless I missing a thread made for that.....
Let's clarify shall we Taken from the Spoiler Policy

Comparing events in an adaptation to the way they were presented in the source material or other adaptations. (Discussions about the source material itself, or extended comparisons should be directed to the appropriate manga/novel/game thread.)

So you may compare anime to manga as long as you are discussing what was represented in the adaptation. If a particular scene you wanted was left out I suggest using the HOTD manga thread so anime-only watchers arent spoiled by it. Hope this helps
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse