AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-09-01, 06:49   Link #61
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I assume that when Itachi told Naruto not to try and do everything alone, some people interpreted that as Itachi telling Naruto not to do anything at all.

Who cares that he's a Kage level ninja who can literally turn the tide of a battle and save lives?

He should just sit down and do nothing at all because damn it, those other ninja should get the chance to die without his interference in their lives.

What family? What friends? What mission? How dare Naruto try to help others?
You are over reacting. No one says that Naruto has to sit down and do nothing. However, it doesn't mean that he has to be an almighty god and everyone else have to suck in comparison to him... And I don't mean one or two people. We are talking about massive armies full of strong ninjas!

And that massive army of proffesionals is a total noob in comparison to Naruto, that's LAME!

We basicly have same situation as in Bleach only that here Naruto was actually training and progressing accordingly. Not like in Bleach where Ichigo gets random power ups out of thin air.
Old 2011-09-01, 07:23   Link #62
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
And why are people complaining super Naruto? It's not like Goku, Ichigo or Luffy is any less broken. Really, how is he going defeat a sealing sword and an impenetrable shield if he's not overpowered?
it's not about super-powered naruto but more about how kishi portrayed him to be. the ultimate savior, the almighty naruto who steps in to rescue everyone even though they technically don't need his help. personally, i would have liked to see gaara fight and defeat his opponent. but naruto stepping in ruined that for me.

true, goku started this whole messiah thing and it was badass at the beginning, but when all the other shonen heroes followed his example it got tiresome. ichigo is one good example of a goku-wannabe and now naruto! luffy may be super luffy now but the rest of the straw hats are not so weak that they needed to be saved, they can fight their own battles, not to mention he teams up with them to defeat really strong opponents.

naruto doesn't need to fight every battle, all he needs is to fight the strongest ones, the ones no one else could defeat but him. that's what luffy usually does.
Old 2011-09-01, 07:57   Link #63
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
It looks like Itachi had his MS geared towards Genjutsu. (See his Tsukuyomi) The sword of Totsuka seemed to be a sealing device, sealing you into a perfect illusion or what not.

Sasuke's sword, in contrast, seems to be wreathed in Amaterasu, which was always his specialty anyway (Enton flames) as far as MS goes.

So I think we've got two very different Susanoo.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 08:26   Link #64
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

I was supposed to ask within this chapter when will Sasuke join the war but the last page of this chapter is like an answer that blow right away to my face lol

so now, my reaction about the war: "yay! Sasuke joining the war is the end of the (Ninja) world.!"
so that is the style of his EMS. Btw, so Sasuke is immortal now since he obtained EMS like Madara, right? Then, Darn it! How will Naruto take him down?

I still like Naruto's syle of entrance. That is what a hero or a main character should get all the attention. Though his entrance during Pain arc is the most badass that I like.

And yeah. .........just want to add and say that the third raikage is really great since he can stay in a battle for almost 3 days and 3 nights without resting, regenerating his chakra, eating and sleeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
I'm actually more excited to see Sasuke break out a can of amaretesu whoop ass... (maybe that's just me...but like seriously, there was nothing better than the Sasuke rampage during the 5 Kage summit. I could happily read many, many chapters of Sasuke fighting everyone until he burns out his pretty new eyes. weeeeeeeee!)

As for Zetsu...that guy is creepy and gross. I'm a.o.k with it if Sasuke wants to take out his mushroom-esque-ass out himself
your not alone, pal!

Ichimaru Gin
rei_ayanami17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 13:25   Link #65
GusGus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
ichigo is one good example of a goku-wannabe...
That's really not the case with Ichigo, in the last arc, every captain fought their own Espada and won, he was saved by Kenpachi and Byakuya twice, he struggled fighting the Espadas, it was clear that he couldn't have beat them all by himself. Even right now he needed the captains vicecaptains to get his powers back.

Naruto is the only extremely-annoying-goku-wannabe.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 13:57   Link #66
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzoman View Post
You are completely missing the point. The (valid) complaints from people are that it has become annoying to watch Naruto swoop in and save everyone. Similar to the Pein and Kakazu arcs, we have other ninja unable to defeat a foe in some very obvious setup for Naruto to come in and get the job done.The Pain arc was probably the worst, where an entire village was essentially made to seem helpless. Gaara and the Tschukage are two elite Kages, I expected them to be able to finish the job, however it ended up very similar to the Kakazu situation where Naruto simply jumps in and finishes the job with relative ease.
I think you are missing my point. Naruto is the main character of this manga (just think about the name of the manga, i mean we have manga like One Piece, Dragon Ball, Bleach, ... where we have a clear main hero, but not even in these manga is the name of the manga the name of the main hero). This manga is going for about 10 years now, the main villains are direct enemies of Naruto and they are stronger than anyone from the alliance, so add all these factors and you see that Naruto has to be very very strong to have a chance to survive here. It was a long time but finally the hero is strong enough to be the "savior", we have waited years for Naruto to be strong enough to be able to fight alone. Your examples are also wrong, he did never fight alone, at all times his friends and the village helped him survive and suceed, Kakuzu was half killed by the time Naruto fought him and even then Naruto was saved by Kakashi and Yamato, against Pain we did see how Konoha, Minato, Hinata, all the frogs, the slug, Jiraiya and the Kyuubi all helped him to win. I want the main hero of this manga to be in the center of the story, so i want him to save other's asses and if it's teamwork then let him be the boss. If someone is "annoyed" with that then maybe he should not read a manga named "Naruto"

Quote:
Just as I recognize some people's desire for Naruto to be even more powerful than he is,
I think you refer here to my earlier posts about a possible training with Itachi. My point was not that Naruto needs more power/strength, my point was that he needs more jutsu, more diversity, so that his fights become more interesting. We see again in this chaptar that all he uses is rasengan, rasengan, rasengan, .... it's becoming boring despite the fact that there are some really cool variations of it introduced in recent chapters. I think the main reason why people can be annoyed by Naruto being the one who stands in the spotlight instead of other kages and Temari is because they find Naruto's rasengans boring, while the other kages could have some really interesting and cool looking jutsu.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 14:50   Link #67
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

It's almost like Kishimoto did everything I feared he would do and turned it up to 11. I won't even bring up the hypocrisy from the last chapter. I am sick of Naruto. When you hate the main character, it is best to move on.

I am done with this manga. It's just too frustrating to see such waste.
Old 2011-09-01, 16:59   Link #68
Hanzoman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I think you are missing my point. Naruto is the main character of this manga (just think about the name of the manga, i mean we have manga like One Piece, Dragon Ball, Bleach, ... where we have a clear main hero, but not even in these manga is the name of the manga the name of the main hero).
Which is completely inconsequential. A main character is a main character, whether the story is named after her/him or not, this changes and proves absolutely nothing. Nothing.

Quote:
This manga is going for about 10 years now, the main villains are direct enemies of Naruto and they are stronger than anyone from the alliance, so add all these factors and you see that Naruto has to be very very strong to have a chance to survive here. It was a long time but finally the hero is strong enough to be the "savior", we have waited years for Naruto to be strong enough to be able to fight alone.
Once again, this proves and changes nothing. Yes, Naruto is strong enough to fight the big villains on equal footing now, but why does he have to be miles ahead of the allies --specifically the "elite" ones who are supposed to be renowed Kages of their villages. Naruto can still get plenty of glory and spotlight while not making everyone else look essentially unfit to fight their own battles.

Quote:
Your examples are also wrong, he did never fight alone, at all times his friends and the village helped him survive and suceed, Kakuzu was half killed by the time Naruto fought him and even then Naruto was saved by Kakashi and Yamato, against Pain we did see how Konoha, Minato, Hinata, all the frogs, the slug, Jiraiya and the Kyuubi all helped him to win. I want the main hero of this manga to be in the center of the story, so i want him to save other's asses and if it's teamwork then let him be the boss. If someone is "annoyed" with that then maybe he should not read a manga named "Naruto"
Again, you are missing the point completely. I never said he fought all his battles completely alone, nor does that make much of a difference. My point is I am tired of reading up these silly and obvious plot contrivances setup to just to make him look good, in other words various ninja are usually made to seem weak, and unfit to fight their battles for him to jump in and win the fight with one hit. I was looking forward to Gaara finishing the battle, not only did he have help from the stone Kage, but the author found it necessary to have Naruto take the glory of the fight as well.

Quote:
I think you refer here to my earlier posts about a possible training with Itachi. My point was not that Naruto needs more power/strength, my point was that he needs more jutsu, more diversity, so that his fights become more interesting. We see again in this chaptar that all he uses is rasengan, rasengan, rasengan, .... it's becoming boring despite the fact that there are some really cool variations of it introduced in recent chapters. I think the main reason why people can be annoyed by Naruto being the one who stands in the spotlight instead of other kages and Temari is because they find Naruto's rasengans boring, while the other kages could have some really interesting and cool looking jutsu.
And various people already responded to this, it would obviously be overkill if he were given a wide array of jutsu at this point, especially considering many people consider his level overkill even now, but I'm sure you don't though. Instead of a wide array of jutsu like Oro or Jiraiya, he is basically a master of rasengan, able to make interesting variations --like Neji who has put his own style into the Hyuuga techniques, Sasuke who has mastered chidori to a whole different level, etc. Its his forte, thats what he does, and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm pretty sure by your previous comments that you still wouldn't be happy even if Naruto was given an array of wind jutsu, instead of the rasengans. Because of your enthusiasm for the character you'd probably still be here complaining that he should have mastered the rasengan further, and he needs something like, aerial attacks and the ability to fly.

Last edited by Hanzoman; 2011-09-01 at 17:11.
Hanzoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 17:30   Link #69
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
I understand the need for the protaganist to look impressive, however I don't understand why it has to be at his ally's expense. In other words, I really don't see why his allies cannot be more self sufficient, and win their own battles. It is annoying watching him constantly having to be the one to win the battle, while his allies are supposed to be powerful elites as well.
I think this pretty much hits it on the bullseye. This was actually a major issue on these forums earlier in part II, where Naruto seemed very inferior to Sasuke, and the big complaint was why does Naruto have to seem so weak compared to Sasuke, and why does the gap between their power have to be so wide. I can totally understand Naruto showing of his stuff, but do we really need to make other people seem inferior for him to do so? I expected the ninja war to be a chance for all the characters we loved from part I showcase their powers and growth before the main plot moves foward and it was a nice place to give Naruto and Sasuke a bit of a break... But alot of it turned out to be a showcase of how they wouldn't do well with out Naruto, and a chance for him to prove it by running around and winning people's victories for them. The ending for Gaara's fight was so frustrating to read, I can't believe they did that.

I thought Gaara's fight would have been Gaara's fight, especially after reading the truth about his origin. The other Kage came in, fine, we've never seen him fight before, and he looks like he has some interesting jutsu... But then, these two Kages are unable to finish their foe, and suddenly Naruto jumps in to take him out in one move --and he leaves very shortly after. Why did he have to jump in at all, there was no real reason but fan service to make him look that much stronger than everyone else. I can understand if he was moving by and helped some fodder ninja, but Gaara and the TsuchiKage? I think its very silly for him to have to help everyone the way he is, I mean what major progress has the alliance made themselves? This is ridiculous. Watching him obnoxiously jump in and save everyone is really very irritating to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
The biggest waste to me this arc, was the potential for a great fight with some of the rookies, he could have definetely made a decent fight at least comparable to some of the early Akatsuki fights, like Gaara vs. Deidara or Sasori vs. Sakura and Chiyo. I really don't see why the author found it necessary to sacrifice that in order for Naruto to jump around and be everyone's superman --especially those who are supposed to be elite ninja themselves. I mean Naruto will get plenty of spotlight and glory either way considering he's the main character, I don't see why he needed to take everyone else's.

Last edited by Midnight Commander; 2011-09-01 at 17:42.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 17:39   Link #70
james0246

Quote:
It's almost like Kishimoto did everything I feared he would do and turned it up to 11. I won't even bring up the hypocrisy from the last chapter. I am sick of Naruto. When you hate the main character, it is best to move on.

You're just upset cause Naruto, proverbially, told Temari to go to the kitchen and make him some dinner. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
I thought Gaara's fight would have been Gaara's fight, especially after reading the truth about his origin.
Gaara's fight began and ended with his father. His current battles have no real bearing on him. Realistically, this should have been Oonoki's fight, but Kishi seemingly decided that another old man battle wasn't going to endear him to the fans, so he had Clone-Naruto pop in with a new Rasengan. (This is also why he brought Sasuke back sooner than many expected.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
I'm predicting that Itachi will fight Kabuto and find a way to deactivate the Edo Tensei.

Didn't Kabuto say something about using the Sharingan to make him do the seal to deactivate it?

That's what I expect to happen but hopefully there is an epic battle before then.
Itachi's dead. He doesn't matter. Hell, we know Itachi won't be going after Kabuto if for no other reason than that would take away Pain 2.0. Kabuto's story is centered around Sasuke, so it's only fitting if Sasuke were to battle him.

No, I expect to see Itachi mopping up the zombies (actually, I don't expect to see anything, we were told this is what he was going to do, so there is no reason to see it), Sasuke killing Kabuto, and Kirabi either defeating or being defeated by Pain 2.0. Then comes Sasuke v. Naruto, and finally the Madara battle.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 17:49   Link #71
Midnight Commander

^Well, I see your point, but considering his status in his village and in the alliance force, I feel this was something he shoud have been able to complete without the main character's intervention. Imo, the Tsukage being there with him should have been enough, they chose to face the problem together anyway.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 18:35   Link #72
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
^Well, I see your point, but considering his status in his village and in the alliance force, I feel this was something he shoud have been able to complete without the main character's intervention. Imo, the Tsukage being there with him should have been enough, they chose to face the problem together anyway.
I don't disagree. If nothing else, it was extraordinarily bad pacing and narrative flow on Kishimoto's part, what with Naruto vowing to not interfere with his friends' fights last chapter, only to have a clone interfere this chapter. (Honestly, it’s a waste of Naruto's powers to fight these undead opponents; it is the Clum Babies in Disguise that are the real problem, not the Zombies, and as long as Naruto wastes time stopping the named opponents, he is letting Zetsu kill countless amounts, and letting the paranoia seep into the very foundation of the Alliance. In other words, Naruto is doing a shitty job of leading.)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 19:20   Link #73
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Which is completely inconsequential. A main character is a main character, whether the story is named after her/him or not, this changes and proves absolutely nothing. Nothing.
I don't quite understand your point here, this is an action shonen manga like Dragon Ball, the main characters sooner or later end up with powers to blow up planets, this is the law in these types of manga, and here we have a main hero going up against the final villain. The hero being so strong not only is natural but the average reader also expects it to be like this. It's like the average hollywood movie, people expect a "happy end" so it is given to them.

Quote:
Once again, this proves and changes nothing. Yes, Naruto is strong enough to fight the big villains on equal footing now, but why does he have to be miles ahead of the allies --specifically the "elite" ones who are supposed to be renowed Kages of their villages. Naruto can still get plenty of glory and spotlight while not making everyone else look essentially unfit to fight their own battles.
Well, since Kishimoto made the final villains so strong that only a couple of them can fight the entire world (Madara and Kabuto vs the whole alliance), he just has to make the main hero so strong.

Quote:
... in other words various ninja are usually made to seem weak, and unfit to fight their battles for him to jump in and win the fight with one hit. I was looking forward to Gaara finishing the battle, not only did he have help from the stone Kage, but the author found it necessary to have Naruto take the glory of the fight as well.
I see, but this is your subjective view of what happened and many people, including me, do not agree. Naruto jumping into Gaara's battle didn't make Gaara "look weak" in my opinion. The kages (living or zombie) are still badass, it's just that Naruto surpassed them in power. Naruto is also a short range damage dealer who now has super-speed, so it's just natural that he jumps in the fight as he did in this chapter, in a team he should be the one attacking and dealing the damage and the others should be behind him doing what they do best, be it mid range or long range attacks or attacks that need preparation or a blocked enemy. Naruto's very fast short range attacks can give openings to the other's.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure by your previous comments that you still wouldn't be happy even if Naruto was given an array of wind jutsu, instead of the rasengans. Because of your enthusiasm for the character you'd probably still be here complaining that he should have mastered the rasengan further, and he needs something like, aerial attacks and the ability to fly.
Sure he needs more interesting moves that are not powerups, just minor jutsu and abilities that can be useful to set up more interesting tactics. He can do a rasengan that's 1000000 times stronger but it's still a boring rasengan. Some might look cool visually, but it's like adding more and more special effects to the star wars movies, it's doesn't make it more interesting, it's just eye candy.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 22:07   Link #74
Hanzoman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I don't quite understand your point here, this is an action shonen manga like Dragon Ball, the main characters sooner or later end up with powers to blow up planets, this is the law in these types of manga, and here we have a main hero going up against the final villain. The hero being so strong not only is natural but the average reader also expects it to be like this. It's like the average hollywood movie, people expect a "happy end" so it is given to them.
In your post, you compared the title "Naruto" to the other titles who were not named after their protagonists, and I am saying that it doesn't matter. As I stated, the main character is the main character, he doesn't have to be more [something] or less [something] just because the title is named after him/her. I don't believe this is an average manga, so I disagree that it should be like every other "average" hollywood movie, story or anything else. A good author won't simply feed the audience what they expect, that does not sound very exciting or engaging. You often like to bring up this "Shounen Law" business, but really, not every manga must follow it to a T, it really doesn't have to be that way. The author doesn't have to dumb the story down to that level.

Quote:
Well, since Kishimoto made the final villains so strong that only a couple of them can fight the entire world (Madara and Kabuto vs the whole alliance), he just has to make the main hero so strong.
Which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with how his allies are portrayed relative to him. Once again, the main gripe here is Naruto being everyone's superman, jumping in their battles and pretty much taking the glory. He is the main character, most of the glory is going to be his in the ending anyway, but this war effort was a great chance for some other players to get some burn. And what happened? Naruto literally appears out of nowhere in everyones fight essentially wins it for them and flys away. I mean seriously, are you really that much of a Naruto fanatic that you cannot see anything remotely wrong with that? Can you honestly say, from an objective standpoint, you find nothing wrong with Naruto getting a piece of everyone's spotlight, when we're probably not even going to see them fight for the rest of the manga (assuming the manga will end soon, which seems to be the case)?

Quote:
I see, but this is your subjective view of what happened and many people, including me, do not agree. Naruto jumping into Gaara's battle didn't make Gaara "look weak" in my opinion. The kages (living or zombie) are still badass, it's just that Naruto surpassed them in power. Naruto is also a short range damage dealer who now has super-speed, so it's just natural that he jumps in the fight as he did in this chapter, in a team he should be the one attacking and dealing the damage and the others should be behind him doing what they do best, be it mid range or long range attacks or attacks that need preparation or a blocked enemy. Naruto's very fast short range attacks can give openings to the other's.
Ha, I'm sure you'd change your tune if Naruto's next few battles (not against Sasuke or Madara) where won by someone else jumping in last minute to deliever a killing blow. And, you're going on to explain his proper position in battle, when the point of the matter is why he even needed to jump in the battle in the first place.
Hanzoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 22:51   Link #75
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Quote:

I've been feeling same way for a while. In fact, between this disappointing war and that painful training arc with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumbass, I don't think I've ever skipped so many chapters before in all my time reading this manga ( though, the flashback concerning Madara and Minato was good). Quite a few readers were expecting some nice fights from the rookies but honestly, they've been out of the story for so long I mostly lost interest. At that point of the manga, I was really intrigued with Kabuto's intentions, so watching Shikamaru, Chouji, & co. just felt like a filler to me and was yet another annoying detour holding me back from the interesting plot. (and honestly, the fights weren't even really good fights, to at least be able to say I was entertained while waiting --the exception of course, being Itachi and Pein)

Perhaps the biggest let down though, was the alliance effort (thus far anyway), which especially after this chapter, isn't exactly looking as I expected. I was really disappointed, especially just after having to sit through that training arc. At this point, I was honestly about to take another break, but the last part of this chapter was really a breath of fresh air. Perfect timing, because we are really in desperate need of some interesting characters right about now. Hopefully Madara and/or Kabuto will get some much needed airtime next chapter as well, because I am really tired of Mr. Captain Planet and his rapper sidekick, whose practically every line is the most stereotypical phrase you can think of.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 01:54   Link #76
hamstar
just passing by

this manga has fallen to the abyss of what all shounen manga's are about. That is...loser protagonist slowly and steadily becomes the biggest badass and beats the crap out of everyone. Before I enjoyed Naruto a lot more because was weak but managed to surprise you here and there. Since the pain arc, he's more or less been on hax-overdrive just ...overwhelming all his opponents sort of like how a super-saiyan does. This manga has pretty much devolved into Naruto owning anything that stands in his way, for free - you know he's going to steam roll everyone and it's just a matter of how badly he's going to do it. Can't blame anyone for losing interest. I'll give some credit to Kishimoto for at least keeping us in anticipation about a few thing like who tobi/madara is and who kabuto's summon is.
Old 2011-09-02, 04:59   Link #77
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:

awww, does this mean we won't be seeing you around anymore? too bad. i hate the character too but i'm sticking around to see the end of it. but if kishi doesn't end this series with this arc, i'll probably quit this manga as well.

Quote:
I am really tired of Mr. Captain Planet and his rapper sidekick, whose practically every line is the most stereotypical phrase you can think of.
so funny! captain planet he's our hero, gonna take pollution down to zero!

Quote:
A good author won't simply feed the audience what they expect, that does not sound very exciting or engaging. You often like to bring up this "Shounen Law" business, but really, not every manga must follow it to a T, it really doesn't have to be that way. The author doesn't have to dumb the story down to that level.
i agree with this. i think FMA's arakawa proved that shonen manga shouldn't necessarily fall into the shonen trap. she created a very flawed main character, and though she made him to be quite a powerful alchemist, he was not the most powerful one even among his allies. ample exposure was also given to his allies, they fought their own battles and won them without his help. but the last fight was given to him. though not as impressive as most shonen epic battles, it was still a very emotional one fitting for a shonen hero.
Old 2011-09-02, 05:21   Link #78
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
There was no hypocrisy in this chapter. The Naruto that helped Garra is a clone, a clone that was created before Itachi, so he doesn't know about the talk yet.

And I disagree, I actually want to see Naruto super powered and kicking/saving everyone. I was actually getting sick seeing Naruto who always needed help and babysitters.
Old 2011-09-02, 09:50   Link #79
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

It's not like I don't understand the complaints but this has been the trend for the entire part 2. He is finally getting the same treatment Sasuke got for the past decade, when was beating top class ninjas for free and getting one godly power up after another and making everyone else look worthless. Remember he beat a fully rested Deidara when Naruto and two teams failed. He overpowered Orochimaru when 4 tail Naruto couldn't. He made Sai crap his pants when Naruto couldn't even touch him. Naruto was like a side character is his own story. I say his current power level is stupid, but at this point it's only fair. He made an entire village look incompetent, but for that matter so did Pein. In fact, Pein made the entire post time skip plot look contrived. If he could single handely overpower the strogest village then he should've done so from the beginning when the entire Aktsuki was still alive, he wouldn't even need some looney tooney plan about bijuus. Given that Deidara and Sasori also overpowered a village, that would leave a team of 2 for each of the big 5. Just gang up on Itachi first then go out and kill everyone.
Old 2011-09-02, 10:25   Link #80
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
It's not like I don't understand the complaints but this has been the trend for the entire part 2. He is finally getting the same treatment Sasuke got for the past decade, when was beating top class ninjas for free and getting one godly power up after another and making everyone else look worthless. Remember he beat a fully rested Deidara when Naruto and two teams failed. He overpowered Orochimaru when 4 tail Naruto couldn't. He made Sai crap his pants when Naruto couldn't even touch him. Naruto was like a side character is his own story. I say his current power level is stupid, but at this point it's only fair. He made an entire village look incompetent, but for that matter so did Pein. In fact, Pein made the entire post time skip plot look contrived. If he could single handely overpower the strogest village then he should've done so from the beginning when the entire Aktsuki was still alive, he wouldn't even need some looney tooney plan about bijuus. Given that Deidara and Sasori also overpowered a village, that would leave a team of 2 for each of the big 5. Just gang up on Itachi first then go out and kill everyone.
ahhh pain...yes, i have some complaints about his godly powers too. same with sasuke and madara. i didn't like how kishi portrayed them. i guess it's his way of hyping up characters, like the way he hyped up the akatsuki. but the truth is the akatsuki, as powerful as they were, had weaknesses that were exploited by their opponents and that's how they were defeated. i don't think deidara and sasori overpowered suna though, rather they outwitted everyone including gaara. they laid out a well-crafted trap and the people of suna didn't know what hit them.

now naruto, like what kishi did to his villains, is being hyped up as well. but you see, most of the complaints stem from the fact that kishi attempted to get naruto to let go of his hero complex by having itachi lecture him about relying on his friends and not getting too full of himself. and yet in this chapter he went on and played the savior anyway. so what was the purpose of itachi's lecture? i don't mind him playing the hero but he doesn't have to fight every battle and win them for his allies. let the others fight and win their battles for themselves. it's not like they're not capable. but i guess kishi is concerned that if he doesn't have naruto in every chapter the manga sales would drop again. probably why he brought back sasuke. he needs to increase sales.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion