AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-09-28, 06:41   Link #141
alvinkhorfire

I feel that the extra scenes from the first part of the movie offers more thorough explaination than the anime series and smoothens the storyline as well. I kind of like it.

Why is Shana's face in the photo censored?
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 22:57   Link #142
BasilAbdef

Anyone know if a group is going to pick this up and sub it? I found a version with Chinese subs, but that doesn't help me much...
BasilAbdef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 02:55   Link #143
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
I feel that the extra scenes from the first part of the movie offers more thorough explaination than the anime series and smoothens the storyline as well. I kind of like it.

It might have been perverted
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 07:39   Link #144
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Whaaa the movie was awesome!
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 07:54   Link #145
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
I don't know how to put it into words, but I'd say that the general gist of it was to give the viewers the same kind of reaction as what Yuji had, that Yukari had become someone else out of the blue and that person was apparently Shana (when you see Shana at Yukari's desk the next morning). It probably also reinforced the fact that Shana had "successfully" taken over Yukari's role because everyone's memory of what had been Yukari was now Shana.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 15:05   Link #146
cyth
Banned

Arr, my movie package arrived today. This is probably one of the nicest single releases in my collection as of now. The three-disc DVD casing has truly wonderful art, the movie tape cut-out was a nice surprise (I got four frames of a scene with Yoshida collapsed infront of a sofa) as well as the movie poster. The storyboard copy and special booklet were nice additions as well. Well worth its money, I'd say. Now off to watch it.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 15:36   Link #147
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Torrent for translated movie is out, of course by SS-Eclipse^^
bahamut zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 18:15   Link #148
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

Bah i hate downloading torrents there always so slow for me, right now it will take 2 days to finish. Anyone know why its going so slow i would say i have a pretty fast internet and I'm not running any other applications?
Hazelshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 18:21   Link #149
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelshock View Post
Bah i hate downloading torrents there always so slow for me, right now it will take 2 days to finish. Anyone know why its going so slow i would say i have a pretty fast internet and I'm not running any other applications?
Lol! that really sucks
anyways mine is done, time to go watch, be back to post comments
thank you for subbing this SS and Eclipse
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 20:08   Link #150
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Yeah, with my laptop gone there's no way for me to torrent this so I'm stuck trying to grab it via IRC.

It's going god-awfully slow. It'd take several hours to grab. I hope this bot supports resume. I forgot to check first. >_> There's no way I can spend all the time I need tonight to get this movie. I'll have to spend some time tomorrow trying a resume. Either that or do some over the weekend when campus internet is working better.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 02:40   Link #151
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Spoiler for movie:
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 03:19   Link #152
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
Spoiler for movie:
Spoiler:
neutralizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 08:46   Link #153
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Many thanks for SS-Eclipse for another wunniful sub.

I have to say I didn't enjoy the movie at all when I compare it to the series. On its own it would have been okay, but since I just finished SnS the series is too fresh in my mind.

Spoiler for why I didn't like it so much:
Old 2007-10-04, 10:38   Link #154
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The movie was pretty much a very nice addition.
Giving back the details of the novel, it was much more enjoyable though some details weren't possible to add, considering the time constraint

Spoiler:

a very good adaptation, though i think "newbies" will be a bit lost. The movie is still a but fast paced, and you feel the rush.
But it really worth this "remake".
Old 2007-10-04, 13:47   Link #155
Jaden

I never saw the series, but a friend of mine made me watch this anyway. I expected that it wouldn't be very interesting to me, but the animation was nice, so I thought I wouldn't fall asleep watching it, at least. I was suprised and impressed! This movie stands great on it's own. Really kept my eyes peeled from beginning to end. It didn't even seem like a compilation of the original, lengthy story, but rather a prequel, something like the story of where Shana got her name from....only realised the truth by looking at this thread. Great movie.
Old 2007-10-04, 15:31   Link #156
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Imagine my embarrassment searching for a shana sub-forum this whole time...

Ah but the movie was good. Its been awhile since I saw the series but I got a very big deja-vu from the first half or so. I'm going to guess that was mostly recycled from the series...But all and all it all came together nicely.

Poor movies never do get enough time to tell a complete story like full series do, but I think this one did a good job of getting the important parts across as well as having some very nice eye candy action.

Bring on season II I say...Just lemme re watch Season 1 first to refresh the old memory.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 15:48   Link #157
UPR

see Shana is not completly flat chested
Old 2007-10-04, 18:41   Link #158
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
see Shana is not completly flat chested
The difference between not completely flat chested and completely flat chested is irrelevant. So she is flat chested in the end.

Hurray for Yoshida bath scene. Nice bust size.
Old 2007-10-04, 22:08   Link #159
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Although this movie is abit rushed, it explains about the plot-hole in Friagne's fight and why Alastor chose Shana as a container to reside within.

I liked the ending and the bath scene (^^). The ending shows a good part of Shana actually lying about not knowing about the Reigo Maigo inside Yuuji, I find that hiliarious.

I'm glad Yoshida is actually been given chances to show her character abit. I can't wait till Season 2 where Yoshida x Shana going at it again. :P

Seeing Shana the Movie makes me want to watch Shana Season 1 again. , one of my fav's.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 00:01   Link #160
Omfgbbqwtf

Yoshida..didn't achieve much of anything in the movie. The final fight was done really well. I watch the anime long ago, but I suppose this is the only time we get to "clearly" see Alastor's true form, which is pretty much what I would picture him to be.
Omfgbbqwtf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, bishoujo, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, movie, romance, shounen, tsundere