AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-17, 21:54   Link #23021
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
But even then, there were people who came in contact with the Black Knights and didn't know anything about Kallen, like Lelouch when he saw her for the first time, or Toudou's group, or Xing Ke. I just believe that if this had been essential to her character, the staff would have let at least one person comment on how she didn't look all that Japanese. Of course, we'll never know for sure.
She passes for Britannian in a Britannian school. Several students admitedly dislike Suzaku and vandalized his things, yet nothing is done to Kallen, nor is anything mentioned about her appearance beyond her being attractive.

As for bringing it up in the BK, as I said she didn't get enough screentime in the first season to really guage. As well, we never really see a recruitment scene in the first season, which is where such things would most likely come up, before being explained.

It was said that the focus on her was moved to the second season prior to the timeslot debacle. If a key feature about Suzaku can receive so little mention that it can be retconned out of existence, then the idea of Kallen being expanded on with such revelations is not unreasonable. Not proven, but not unreasonable.

Quote:
*nods* Different interpretations.
Exactly because he didn't try to get past C.C. that way, and because I don't think he'd ever have abandoned Nunnally just like that, I believe he was merely trying to get his point across. But... even here, we'll never know for sure.
But the original point was that Lelouch was supposedly willing to kill himself rather than live with no control over his life. If he was bluffing, then he wasn't that desperate. He didn't like the idea obviously, but there are distinctions, and as I said, he didn't exactly seem to be making any plans beforehand. A nod to all his gambling being put into investments, or mention that he had already educated and familiarized himself with various things would have been useful (though the latter is assumed), and only taken a line or two. As it is, all he mentions are that his plans were accelerated, but nothing is shown of any previous effort.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 22:39   Link #23022
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
She passes for Britannian in a Britannian school. Several students admitedly dislike Suzaku and vandalized his things, yet nothing is done to Kallen, nor is anything mentioned about her appearance beyond her being attractive.
Which is why I believe she can pass as whatever she wants - Britannian or Eleven. Not only is Suzaku not a half-blood and most likely doesn't look very Britannian because of that, he'd also been all over the news as an Eleven murder suspect.

Quote:
It was said that the focus on her was moved to the second season prior to the timeslot debacle. If a key feature about Suzaku can receive so little mention that it can be retconned out of existence, then the idea of Kallen being expanded on with such revelations is not unreasonable. Not proven, but not unreasonable.
But it is fairly obvious in the case of Suzaku's connection to Geass that a plot line was dropped. This is not the case when it comes to Kallen. Nothing indicates that she looks obviously Britannian - as was already said, she even posed as a regular Eleven at the beginning of R2.

Quote:
But the original point was that Lelouch was supposedly willing to kill himself rather than live with no control over his life. If he was bluffing, then he wasn't that desperate. He didn't like the idea obviously, but there are distinctions, and as I said, he didn't exactly seem to be making any plans beforehand. A nod to all his gambling being put into investments, or mention that he had already educated and familiarized himself with various things would have been useful (though the latter is assumed), and only taken a line or two. As it is, all he mentions are that his plans were accelerated, but nothing is shown of any previous effort.
The point was that to Lelouch, being without power is akin to being dead. This does not mean he was suicidal - he only really came to that realization after he acquired his Geass. He didn't want to kill himself, just get C.C. to let him do as he pleased. Would he have gone so far as to really shoot himself? I doubt it - Lelouch isn't the kind to die a meaningless death if he can help it. Would he have done something similarly drastic later if C.C. had continued to interfere? Quite possible.

He refused to let C.C. control him, and made it perfectly clear that he was serious. Nothing more and nothing less. Most likely, he didn't even expect C.C. to try and stop him, so why should he have made preparations beforehand?
Old 2010-04-18, 19:24   Link #23023
Betteroffer

Quote:
Which is why I believe she can pass as whatever she wants - Britannian or Eleven. Not only is Suzaku not a half-blood and most likely doesn't look very Britannian because of that, he'd also been all over the news as an Eleven murder suspect.
Yet no mention is made of how Kallen can blend into either group based on her looks. In the first season, Lelouch doesn't deduce she is a halfblood until she tells him she is, and no mention is made to the effect of "Now I can see it" or "I assumed as much" rather Lelouch is surprised. In R2, when she calls herself an Eleven, no mention is made that she seems at all western, let alone that she looks exactly like his close friend turned terrorist fugitive. The whole thing is still part of the recognition plot hole as far as I am concerned.

As for Suzaku, he is still disliked by the students even as he is being knighted by Euphemia. It's about more than just him being a murder suspect.

Quote:
But it is fairly obvious in the case of Suzaku's connection to Geass that a plot line was dropped. This is not the case when it comes to Kallen. Nothing indicates that she looks obviously Britannian - as was already said, she even posed as a regular Eleven at the beginning of R2.
Not really, at least not much more than the dropped revelations about Kallen's past. She may have been secondary in the first season, but we still got several mentions of her dead brother, and the strong impact he had on her life and choices. Conversly, we get one nod to Suzaku's Geass connection.

In any case that's beyond the point. The deveopment doesn't have to be a minute detail revealling a big secret, or something that advances the plot towards Zero Requiem, just something that fleshes out some of Kallen's past and motives.

Quote:
The point was that to Lelouch, being without power is akin to being dead. This does not mean he was suicidal - he only really came to that realization after he acquired his Geass. He didn't want to kill himself, just get C.C. to let him do as he pleased. Would he have gone so far as to really shoot himself? I doubt it - Lelouch isn't the kind to die a meaningless death if he can help it. Would he have done something similarly drastic later if C.C. had continued to interfere? Quite possible.

He refused to let C.C. control him, and made it perfectly clear that he was serious. Nothing more and nothing less. Most likely, he didn't even expect C.C. to try and stop him, so why should he have made preparations beforehand?
But the original point was that he felt this way so passionately that he would sooner kill himself than return to a powerless life, which seems to either not be the case if it were indeed a bluff, or if it wasn't a bluff, it was incredibly short-sided.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 19:12   Link #23024
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

You know, passing as a Britannian is not so hard to believe since the definition is somewhat ambiguous. I mean, Villetta is probably the least Britannian looking character and she is a member of the PURE bloods lol. It seems that IRL half bloods actually look more european than asian. Idk if its just me....either way I think that it would be harder to pass as a japanese than a britannian.
Old 2010-04-19, 20:20   Link #23025
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Villetta was a britannian without noble origins, she used everything and every way she could to make a important career and become a noblewoman, like her "rub" on Jeremiah, kewell, charles and at last Ougi, result first lady of Japan.
The "american dream" made with colossal lies.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 20:45   Link #23026
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Villetta was a britannian without noble origins, she used everything and every way she could to make a important career and become a noblewoman, like her "rub" on Jeremiah, kewell, charles and at last Ougi, result first lady of Japan.
The "american dream" made with colossal lies.
Not to mention the grief and despair of a tormented Britannian exile who gave up his life, and she benefited from that too.

Viletta Snu-snu. The woman who led the man (Ohgi) astray. Your existence was a mistake.

But I digress.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 17:41   Link #23027
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

The wait is ended now, the new comic, a terrific comic, yes, in the last two page I was a little tired, I did the important part with concentration, and after....however the important is the story and the character face expressions.

The trial it's ended, Kallen won, Lelouch is "free" and all for her, but now, with the a more calm situation, other torments attack her and to have Lelouch's memories inside her not easy the problem....

http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.15enga.jpg
http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.15engb.jpg
http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.15engc.jpg
http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.15engd.jpg
http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.15enge.jpg
http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.15engf.jpg
http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.15engg.jpg

Good reading!

Note: maybe the comic text will be changed, I'm waiting the upgraded version written by marzyohn.
Old 2010-04-20, 18:23   Link #23028
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
The wait is ended now, the new comic, a terrific comic, yes, in the last two page I was a little tired, I did the important part with concentration, and after....however the important is the story and the character face expressions.

The trial it's ended, Kallen won, Lelouch is "free" and all for her, but now, with the a more calm situation, other torments attack her and to have Lelouch's memories inside her not easy the problem....

http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.15enga.jpg
http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.15engb.jpg
http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.15engc.jpg
http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.15engd.jpg
http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.15enge.jpg
http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.15engf.jpg
http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.15engg.jpg

Good reading!

Note: maybe the comic text will be changed, I'm waiting the upgraded version written by marzyohn.
A nice piece of work, you really made it feel like a nightmare.
Old 2010-04-20, 19:01   Link #23029
Lost Cause

Thumbs up Bonzo's latest story

Well done miestro! A story that needed telling. Although I don't think Kallen's fans will agree. Still I enjoyed it, KUDOS to you!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 19:54   Link #23030
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
Yet no mention is made of how Kallen can blend into either group based on her looks. In the first season, Lelouch doesn't deduce she is a halfblood until she tells him she is, and no mention is made to the effect of "Now I can see it" or "I assumed as much" rather Lelouch is surprised. In R2, when she calls herself an Eleven, no mention is made that she seems at all western, let alone that she looks exactly like his close friend turned terrorist fugitive. The whole thing is still part of the recognition plot hole as far as I am concerned.

As for Suzaku, he is still disliked by the students even as he is being knighted by Euphemia. It's about more than just him being a murder suspect.
If Kallen can pass for either an Eleven or a Britannian depending on what she tells people, nothing of this really matters.

When Lelouch first saw her, he did not think, "a Britannian terrorist?", and no one (Toudou, Kaguya, Xing Ke, ...) meeting her later questioned her heritage. No one ever said, "but you don't look Japanese!" upon finding out her true identity. She also passed for an Eleven in R2 without difficulty. Plot hole or not, if she had been bullied because of her "obviously Britannian looks" to the point where it made her life a living hell, the staff would not have done that. Even if they had abandoned such a plot line, It remains a canon fact that she was believed to be a regular Eleven the moment she pretended to be one.
If the staff said, "originally, we were planning to have Naoto magically return in R2!", Naoto would still be dead in canon. Similarly, Kallen, in canon, does not look obviously Britannian - even a kinky bunny costume isn't that distracting.

Quote:
Not really, at least not much more than the dropped revelations about Kallen's past. She may have been secondary in the first season, but we still got several mentions of her dead brother, and the strong impact he had on her life and choices. Conversly, we get one nod to Suzaku's Geass connection.
Suzaku was able to control the Geass cast on him to some extent, at least. And it was a fairly obvious nod - especially since bringing up a connection to Geass requires some timing in order to not seem completely random. There was plenty of opportunity for anyone to at least drop a sentence about how very Britannian Kallen looks.

Quote:
But the original point was that he felt this way so passionately that he would sooner kill himself than return to a powerless life, which seems to either not be the case if it were indeed a bluff, or if it wasn't a bluff, it was incredibly short-sided.
Lelouch didn't have much time to think there - his fear of being powerless might very well have been the first thing that crossed his mind, and he acted accordingly. He might have killed himself later, or not at all after angsting/obsessing over the situation for a bit, but at that very moment, I think his words sufficed. If nothing else, they told C.C. that he would not do her any favours in the future if she tried to tie him down.
Old 2010-04-20, 20:14   Link #23031
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
even a kinky bunny costume isn't that distracting.
Yes it is.

Other then that I can agree with you entirely, Nogitsune.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 05:55   Link #23032
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts

ha ha
knew kallen would still be piloting
Old 2010-04-22, 06:11   Link #23033
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Who's the blonde loli at nunnally's side? Another intruder without motivations?
Old 2010-04-22, 06:11   Link #23034
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post

ha ha
Isn't it from the crack-ish picture drama ? u_u
The drills sure scream crack anyway :'P
(Though I wouldn't be against that and Gino asked Kallen a rematch, so I guess she can still be a pilot.)
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 07:17   Link #23035
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Who's the blonde loli at nunnally's side? Another intruder without motivations?
Lol, it is just a picture drama, do not look that much into it.

Oh i can see it already, Kallen vs Mexico boy. Niiice.
kaizerster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 07:20   Link #23036
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post

ha ha
Obviously.

If you think about it, She might have kept the Activation key for more then just a memento. How superb, I never thought of that until now. Hat goes off to you Blade.

Though it's been brought up, that position she has is rather immodest. *sweatdrop* All it takes is the right peripheral vision and... Well, you get the general idea.

Still, the drill thing is funnier then hell.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 07:34   Link #23037
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

That drama show more characters ignored the promises they did before.
Old 2010-04-22, 07:47   Link #23038
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
That drama show more characters ignored the promises they did before.
Whiche promises ?
BTw I liked the last page of your comic. Kallen had a very nice expression in some panels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Obviously.

If you think about it, She might have kept the Activation key for more then just a memento. How superb, I never thought of that until now. Hat goes off to you Blade.

Though it's been brought up, that position she has is rather immodest. *sweatdrop* All it takes is the right peripheral vision and... Well, you get the general idea.

Still, the drill thing is funnier then hell.
The guren key was changed into a neklace. It's a memento, you don't carry your jeys around your neck (or only at work :'P) ; Now if it can still be useful, why not.

Tsss, I'd rather know how she managed to get the key back >_<
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 08:09   Link #23039
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
BTw I liked the last page of your comic. Kallen had a very nice expression in some panels.
I know, after that nightmare, for her, to stay in contact with Lelouch's body is like a comforted child hug her teddy-bear.
Old 2010-04-22, 08:24   Link #23040
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Whiche promises ?

The guren key was changed into a neklace. It's a memento, you don't carry your jeys around your neck (or only at work :'P) ; Now if it can still be useful, why not.

Tsss, I'd rather know how she managed to get the key back >_<
considering where she USED to keep it, when an active member of the OOBK, it hadn't changed its location much