AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 15 18.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 31.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 13.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-06, 20:44   Link #61
Mentorian
Matsuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I really like how this series start by following the manga. The only thing I don't like is that they omit the
Spoiler for scene:
scene in th manga cuz that's one of the scene I found most entertaining in the race. But all in all, good animation quality. Expecting to see more in the future ^^
Unfortunately, also missing from the episode:
Spoiler for Hayate and the rocks:
Old 2009-04-06, 20:59   Link #62
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentorian View Post
Unfortunately, also missing from the episode:
Spoiler for Hayate and the rocks:
As you might recall, that scene is shown after Nagi loses the race. It should be in the next episode, not this one.
Old 2009-04-07, 06:28   Link #63
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

This is the problem with sequels. You stick too closely to what made the original good, and you eventually run the formula into the ground. You try to divert to something different and it comes off as jarring. Sometimes I just wish there weren't such a ridiculous number of sequels being made. It's like they're suggesting there's something wrong with the first season which needs to be fixed. Nothing wrong with the first season.

Like others have said, that was pretty bland. The first Hayate no Gotoku was consistently funny, which was a minor miracle considering its length and how most anime comedies run out of material long before they end. J.C. Staff's mediocre record with sequels really gives me cause for concern. Just hope this doesn't turn into another Zero no Tsukaima, where they took a fun, light-hearted first season and followed it up by churning out two empty, soulless bastardizations.
Old 2009-04-07, 07:54   Link #64
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
This is the problem with sequels. You stick too closely to what made the original good, and you eventually run the formula into the ground. You try to divert to something different and it comes off as jarring. Sometimes I just wish there weren't such a ridiculous number of sequels being made. It's like they're suggesting there's something wrong with the first season which needs to be fixed. Nothing wrong with the first season.

Like others have said, that was pretty bland. The first Hayate no Gotoku was consistently funny, which was a minor miracle considering its length and how most anime comedies run out of material long before they end. J.C. Staff's mediocre record with sequels really gives me cause for concern. Just hope this doesn't turn into another Zero no Tsukaima, where they took a fun, light-hearted first season and followed it up by churning out two empty, soulless bastardizations.
Some people would disagree with you. There was something wrong with the first season, not that it means the first season was bad, but some people dislike anime original plots that deviate from the source.

This was obviously a reintroduction episode taking one of the more serious sections of the manga. Even so i felt there were many laughs in this episode as well.
Old 2009-04-07, 11:22   Link #65
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for spoilers:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-04-07, 12:41   Link #66
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Some people would disagree with you. There was something wrong with the first season, not that it means the first season was bad, but some people dislike anime original plots that deviate from the source.
Seconded. What I was missing were substantial episodes. Stuff like "character development". Stuff like "storyline development". Random wackiness is good in moderation. But when you want substantial stuff animated and are only served 1- or 2-epper fluffballs, it can be pretty irritating. At least that's what it was to me.

Quote:
This was obviously a reintroduction episode taking one of the more serious sections of the manga. Even so i felt there were many laughs in this episode as well.
It had enough chuckles for me to enjoy it ... but the simply joy is having certain issues CARRY OVER to the next ep. Like:

o That Hayate is fired
o That Hinagiku will be seriously pissed at him
o That Yukiji has just won 150mil Yen

Not that this is a huge revelation, but it's giving the show some sort of continuity which it was sorely lacking before in S1. That is why _I_ was really happy with ep1.

*spanks Saintessheart for calling a release with 15 ASS and 30 AFX signs, a complex new logo and new OP and ED karaoke done in 3 days "late"*
Old 2009-04-07, 16:05   Link #67
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Boys and girls these are lessons to be learned when returning to the second season after one year has passed by:

Spoiler:

Anime and pop-culture references:
* Pretty Cure Max Heart
Old 2009-04-07, 16:43   Link #68
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Who thinks as me that the design have changed ? Well , its not grave , its always good .
The ending is for Hina's fans
Old 2009-04-07, 20:50   Link #69
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Overall I thought it was great, also the fact that they made the episode so its possible to reshow all the characters was pretty good. But besides that fact I loved the ED and the OP was awesome too. Can't wait to see how the next episode will turn out.
Old 2009-04-07, 21:47   Link #70
Raiga
tl;dr

Style change got to me slightly but by the end of the episode I think I was used to it. Not nearly as dramatic a change as it could have been, all things considered.

When the ED came on I was like, "Wait, is this the ED? Why is it about Hinagiku? Oh... well, I guess they know what the fans want."

I miss Kotoko but the OP might grow on me.

A pretty decent first episode, a fair amount of laughs, although yeah, I miss the wackiness too... well, we'll see where this goes.

Always the risky thing of second seasons, eh? More of the same and people complain that it's just rehashing the first season, change too much and people complain that it's lost the feel of the old series... ah well, so it goes.
Old 2009-04-07, 22:16   Link #71
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

I noticed Klaus looked almost the same lol...
at least they fix'd wataru's hair compared to the 00 version(it was green i think)

I like it so far. keeps up the humour all right. reminds me why I started hayate in the first place
Old 2009-04-07, 23:06   Link #72
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

A decent first episode. It wasn't seriously funny or comical, but it was fairly entertaining. I admit though that I really enjoyed seeing Hayate and Hina again especially the part where Hayate was totally messing with Hina on the bridge.

Hehe. I wonder if they'll make an episode where Itou, Shizuka Hinagiku gets totally drunk for some strange reason and acting all crazy with the cast. I seriously want to see/hear a drunk Itou, Shizuka Hinagiku.
Old 2009-04-08, 00:04   Link #73
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post

Like me, i really do not like the anime original (especially those in S1). It feels so off that i ended up prefer Manga, even when i watched anime first.
Old 2009-04-08, 02:41   Link #74
kamikazex

fun episode good to see the cast back again
Old 2009-04-08, 04:01   Link #75
Fandal

After the long Hina arc all the way to White Day, do you think Hayate would do the the thing he did w/ Hina and the bridge again if this exact scenario was redone?
Old 2009-04-08, 06:53   Link #76
Ottocycle

Massive nostalgia came in when Klaus appeared and the old music was used.

That was the first piece of anything Hayate that all of us heard, even before the first OP definitely. It was used in the pre-op warning that tells you not to watch TV in the dark . Well at least the version used in eps 1-26.
Old 2009-04-08, 11:13   Link #77
prnoct90

Filler

I've just begun watching the first season, and I really hate filler. Can someone tell me where the first season deviates from the manga so I can then just go to the second season?
Old 2009-04-08, 17:08   Link #78
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
The ending made the episode totally worth it. That was just plain quality. Hinagiku! ^_^

The rest of the episode was okay for me. I actually did need a reintroduction. I sat through the opening trying to remember names and realized I coukdn't remember quite a few. I don't quite see the artistic changes everyone is talking about. I'd have to see a side-by-side comparison or watch an episode from last season again.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-04-08, 17:54   Link #79
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
I've just begun watching the first season, and I really hate filler. Can someone tell me where the first season deviates from the manga so I can then just go to the second season?
It is around episode 25 I think, though there are still some manga scene episodes after that point and there are some filler-ish episodes mixed in before hand too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-04-08, 18:52   Link #80
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
After the long Hina arc all the way to White Day, do you think Hayate would do the the thing he did w/ Hina and the bridge again if this exact scenario was redone?
Frankly, yes, I think he would, even despite the fact that he's grown so much closer to Hinagiku. Hayate's like a madman when it comes to defending Nagi. Though, the writer did say that Hinagiku and Maria are the only two girls within the strike zone, so I guess Hina ultimately has the better deal. Nagi gets aid in winning a race, Hina gets sex.
Closed Thread