AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-30, 17:54   Link #1
Mb81

Beet The Vandel Buster

What you think of this new anime ? For my part i expected a lot more. Animation qualtity is a little outdated and the story so far... Well, Toei could have done it a lot better in my opinion.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-10-01 at 00:06. Reason: Threads merged
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 18:03   Link #2
Shura No Toki
Demon Member

Beet The Vandel Buster

has anyone been waiting for this show like me?? it seems like a tight show.im getting the raw even thouht i dont understand japanese but at least i get to watch it! the promo was kool tooooooo
Shura No Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 20:18   Link #3
KT Kore
I'm not funny

I've been looking forward to it. I don't know how I became interested in it. But it's shounen fighting anime and I love that, so I have to check it out. Looking at the promo (you can find a longer version at http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/beet) it reminds me of One Piece and DragonBall Z (and I love both of those series).

It's good to see that Anime-Keep and now it looks like DeathSquad are planning on subbing the show.

It's also good to see that Viz will be released the manga the anime is based on in October.
KT Kore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 20:29   Link #4
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

It reminds me of Scrapped Princess, dunno why, just based on one artwork piece I saw on the main site ^^"
I'm downloading the promo now I am really looking forward to watching it, even if it is typical shounen-fight

edit: watched trailer....ehhh....not what I expected >.< in one scene the artwork reminds me of those slightly better quality DBZ movies. ...There goes my SP replacement *awaits next good fantasy series*
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 20:47   Link #5
sarcasteak
WAHA~

It looks very RPG-ish...I'm interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Kore
^ =P

The manga is done by folks who worked on Dragon Quest.
Haha, me and my big eyes!

I enjoyed the DQ manga series, so I'll definitely keep an eye on this one!

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-09-30 at 21:03.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 20:51   Link #6
KT Kore
I'm not funny

Quote:
It's also good to see that Viz will be released the manga the anime is based on in October.
^ =P

The manga is done by folks who worked on Dragon Quest.
Old 2004-09-30, 21:52   Link #7
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

The anime is somewhat interesting and it will definately be one I'm gonna follow just to see how it pans out. It's feeling a lot like the Violinist of Hamlin as far as quality goes, but hey, I'm willing to give it a shot. There certainly isn't a whole lot of series that even look remotely watchable this season anyways. So I'm gonna be a lot more lenient on this series until it's farther in. Then we'll see what happens. Of course I watched it in raw format and only caught about half of what was said, but it still gave me a decent idea of what's happening.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 22:22   Link #8
Chao Otaku

I saw the first chapter of the manga... seems very interesting, and if the anime's anything like it, then I think it should be quite enjoyable
Chao Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 23:56   Link #9
LynnieS

This series? Umm, no. Watched it last night whilst working, and was not impressed by it so far. I'll still watch another couple of episodes to see it grows on me, but so far, it doesn't look that way. It'll give my DDR a chance to rest anyway.

I thought that it resembled "Dragonball" also with its artwork and characters in the beginning, but it felt more like "Dragonball Z" (and not good "DBZ" episodes either - no offense meant to DBZ fans) as the episode moved along. Silly poses, freezeshots of characters/actions and all. None of the silly - but fun - humor of "Dragonball" and "One Piece", I felt.

"Onmyou Taisenki" was pretty good in comparison, OTOH and IMHO. "DigiMon", anyone?

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 04:19   Link #10
jpwong

I thought the episode wasn't bad, but it wasn't especially good either, I'll have to see a few episodes before I can actually say if I'll like it or not. I did enjoy the first chapter of manga they put out in english last month though.

I do say I could have done without some of the action poses, but I suppose some are unavoidable. It'll be interesting to see how this goes, and hopefully it won't be an anime where it's just "I'm stronger than you" type thing all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
"Onmyou Taisenki" was pretty good in comparison, OTOH and IMHO. "DigiMon", anyone?
As an avid Digimon [Tamers] fan, it is very similar to digimon. So much so that when the onmyou battle pets came out, people [in the fandom] thought it was digimon. I was a bit disapointed though, one video I saw [I assume it was a promo for the anime] featured some orange haired kid, but I don't even see that person in the show's cast list.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 21:56   Link #11
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

I'm getting MAJOR Gon vibes from Beet, but that's probally just a coinidence of some sort. Episode itself was average, only thing I'd "complain" about was the slight overuse of the freeze shots...come on now.
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 00:16   Link #12
Chao Otaku

Well, it wasn't great (still good though), but in my experience first episodes often aren't, and the opening promises good things to come IMO
Chao Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 02:57   Link #13
KT Kore
I'm not funny

Damn you people who know Japanese.
Old 2004-10-02, 10:04   Link #14
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Damn you people who know Japanese.
hehe. I don't know it fluently enough yet to know ALL of what they said, but I can certainly pick up on enough keywords to quickly decifer the general dialogue. The rest is picked up by actions and other events happening in the story and some is drawn from my own writing experience which says "in this situation this and this should be said or happen, etc." It comes in handy for figuring out a lot of what's going on.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 14:14   Link #15
DeluxSkillz

ep 1 has been released by deathsquad
DeluxSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 16:07   Link #16
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I'm downloading episode one, and will be blogging it shortly I admire DS's speed, but I'm worry about the quality. This isn't a speedsub, is it?
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 16:20   Link #17
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Afaik, Deathsquad is generally considered to be a speed subbing group.

At least with 2x2=Shinobuden it's pretty clear to see which groups focuses
on speed and which on quality (based on the first episode by both groups).
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 17:51   Link #18
Xpress

Speed-sub... sure, but we work fast. We want to see it subbed...
most people don't relize DeathSquad is 90% Translators 5% Web guys 5% editors/timers.
I do everything else... So each release only has 3 people at the most working on it. We don't have a full qc thing going or distro, but having fun. And happy to have worked on Beet the Vandel Buster and making it avaible to you guys as fast as we did, and with most releases. hehe I finally had a reason to use that sign :P

Neways... if you DBZ art... then check out this series. there is also a CM so you can see if you like it, before DLing full file.
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 19:21   Link #19
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

did anyone else notice that a few times some of the Vandals lines weren't subtitled? It annoyed my boyfriend and I.

Anyway, thus far, I am unimpressed by this anime. I'll give it another shot with episode 2, but it seemed pretty lame IMO.
deathsvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 19:26   Link #20
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

The manga series is done by the some pair that created Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken. The longest current Dragon Quest manga that I know of at 37 or so Tankouban. It's RPG/Adventure/Fight series in style and is somewhat similar to things like One Piece and Naruto (DQ: DnD predates both OP and Naruto though). Beet is made along the same lines as DQ: DnD but uses a different premise and world setup while keeping the same vibe from it. The Tankoubans are currently at 7 (8 should be out soon I think) and the opening shows at least one character that's been introduced fairly recently. The primary 5, Keith, Poara, Beet, Milfa, and What's his name (I can't remember his name for some reason, but his Saiga is called the Silent Grave) are shown including a 6th which was introduced recently.

I've been following the manga since it started so I have all the tankoubans out at the moment.

The anime is fairly unimpressive so far to be frank. It uses the hero fight formula a bit too strictly (super abilities and etc used often with technique shouting heh) in the first episode. The authors of the manga draw out fights fairly well and they're fairly good as the series goes on so I'm definitely checking out a few more episodes to see if they do the manga enough justice to continue watching.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote