Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-16, 21:47   Link #501
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You know....SHAFT's tendency to go all out on surreal artistic scenes actually detract from understanding what's actually going on in the scene as portrayed in source material. It's ok for their original animations but for things like this and Monogatari...on one hand it's artistic, but overdoing it spoils the clarity of presentation
I think Shinbou doesn't take reality all that seriously. In fact, at his best I think he is leading us away from clarity into something more interesting and less conceivable. More feeling than understanding.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 22:32   Link #502
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think Shinbou doesn't take reality all that seriously. In fact, at his best I think he is leading us away from clarity into something more interesting and less conceivable. More feeling than understanding.
Exactly, but when you are doing an adaptation of a source material and someone who doesn't have the time to see the source material wants to use the adaptation as a substitute for the actual source, well, that won't be a very good substitute.

Differences I suppose....he doesn't make an adaptation so much as give his take/artistic interpretation of the source
Old 2014-04-16, 23:31   Link #503
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Has anyone rolled a 21 on the website, yet? I've been sitting here for like half an hour just refreshing the page to see what happens when I get that 21.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 00:29   Link #504
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Has anyone rolled a 21 on the website, yet? I've been sitting here for like half an hour just refreshing the page to see what happens when I get that 21.
I did. You get a QR code for downloading a randomised (badly compressed) mobile wallpaper. Though with simple URL guessing you can get the rest of them. I think there's another version of those wallpapers which are square. I've seen others get them before but I've had no luck with my URL guessing and I never got a 21 again ever since. These don't look great anyway so there's no point trying. It'd be better to just use the high res character pngs from the website and make your own graphics.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 07:21   Link #505
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I did. You get a QR code for downloading a randomised (badly compressed) mobile wallpaper. Though with simple URL guessing you can get the rest of them. I think there's another version of those wallpapers which are square. I've seen others get them before but I've had no luck with my URL guessing and I never got a 21 again ever since. These don't look great anyway so there's no point trying. It'd be better to just use the high res character pngs from the website and make your own graphics.
Speaking of mobile walls for kagepro....Anyone got Momo's and Mary's from that Animate promo some time back?
Old 2014-04-19, 11:03   Link #506
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Episode 2

Just what is on Jin and Shinbo's mind....they're taking this into a whole new level of bad.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 11:09   Link #507
leorodri100

okay people are complaining about the pace of mekaku city actors but that is just the pace of the novel, the manga had to summarize lots of things that the novel show so, yeah i also was hoping for at least the start of mekakushi code this episode but it was a episode focousing on momo and oh to please the fangirls they put hibiya there too, just because you know...otsukimi recital...things will get better once mekakushi code starts
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 11:11   Link #508
Kakkou
Tch.

Jin's Momo bias is so strong he's willing to waste a whole episode on the least relevant character. He also realised she's the least miserable amongst the cast and decided to fix that (unless her backstory was like this in the novels too? Really unnecessary either way imo =/). Way to go.

Umm, at least this episode was far more animated than the premiere? Sad, I know. The ED by Lia is a 10/10 move though. Love the song.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 11:15   Link #509
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
okay people are complaining about the pace of mekaku city actors but that is just the pace of the novel, the manga had to summarize lots of things that the novel show so.
I think the people who were complaining about the pace are irritated by the visuals. And also the people that doesn't know this will be an original route and of course first-time viewers.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 11:18   Link #510
konart

But what's so bad about EP2?
Old 2014-04-19, 11:21   Link #511
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Jin's Momo bias is so strong he's willing to waste a whole episode on the least relevant character. He also realised she's the least miserable amongst the cast and decided to fix that (unless her backstory was like this in the novels too? Really unnecessary either way imo =/). Way to go.

Umm, at least this episode was far more animated than the premiere? Sad, I know. The ED by Lia is a 10/10 move though. Love the song.
Least relevant...?
Old 2014-04-19, 11:31   Link #512
leorodri100

hahahaha re-watching the episode, dude once you accept the shinbo style it actually matches with jin style (or shidu) plus the new op and ed are great btw the novel has a lot more info and background of the charactersif you think you know a lot because you read the translated manga chapters and know all the songs, well let's say the novel takes it to whole new level
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 13:22   Link #513
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Yep, this show just went under my radar again. Man, I've been wanting to see a show about multiple MCs since Durarara and Baccano. One may find themselves a little puzzled over the red eyes here and there. but I'm sure that'll get explained soon. Btw how different is this compared to the manga and LN? Are they different stories? Don't know about the songs much though.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 13:27   Link #514
cuzsal
I watch too much Anime

have no idea what is going on, never read any LN or manga of this. Despite all that its fun to watch cant wait for ep3

cuzsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 13:29   Link #515
HandofFate

episode 2 was interesting.
Liked the character design and movements of the girl.

I assume another episode or two of standalone stories till it all collides into eachother.
Old 2014-04-19, 13:42   Link #516
Xeiros

I don't care about any of this. This show has zero identity of its own. It's easy to see why this is bombing in Japan. Enjoy the only animated adaptation this franchise is likely to ever get. What terrible sleep inducing bland as hell writing. I'm done.
Old 2014-04-19, 14:04   Link #517
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Finally had time to watch EP 1...
Is it just me or are there loads of changes in comparison to the source material? - I kinda remember a different reason for him to go out oO.
Well not that it matters much with this specific anime >>

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 14:08   Link #518
ookamigirl

Kisaragi is a hopeless airhead.
She was mixing manga with real life too much.
This is a weird episode.
The ending was slightly fun though.
Well, at least now I can say for sure, I'm dropping this.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 14:54   Link #519
ChampDream
Alive

I don't think ep 2 was that bad, I don't mind that they add some stuff, it didn't change what is going to happen next (or at least not yet). It was ok for me.
I really like the ending, I think it was great.
Old 2014-04-19, 14:58   Link #520
DorkingtonPugsly

Hahaha this episode's gonna really make the view counts drop. Ah well, this is going for a truer ln adaption though I have to say I wasn't expecting a whole episode just for momo but I'm not gona complain since I like her.
Fixed openings cool, and the endings nice.
I guess this is just gona be a series only die-hard fans will be able to enjoy.

Tags
kagerou project, momosetootp, shaft