Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-05-12, 01:03   Link #161
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Urokodaki said last week that getting a black blade isn't bad in itself, but since almost nobody who got one survived, I'd say it's pretty bad actually. Of course Tanjirou will be the exception.
He hinted it wasn't a statistically significant sample.

I'd have liked for him to list some examples of powers for the other colors, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Nezuko in box!

I wonder how other demon slayers who don't have Tanjiro unique smell handle their investigations becasue at this point it seems to be truly invaluable for him. This case would have been nearly impossible for him solve without it. Then again, on the otherhand it might have been taken in consideration when this mission was assigned to him, in fact it might have been why he chosen at all.
I wondered if they couldn't train dogs to assist them.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-12, 10:25   Link #162
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He hinted it wasn't a statistically significant sample.

I'd have liked for him to list some examples of powers for the other colors, though.
They still died, so it's not exactly a good sign.

From a story standpoint, it makes more sense for us to find out about the colors' powers by seeing the swords in action.
Old 2019-05-12, 12:05   Link #163
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
How does Nezuko have any energy? Urokodaki said she "recovers" her strength through sleeping, but at most that might reduce her usage of it. I can't even make a joke about photosynthesis because she can't be in the sun!
More then likely her sleeping for 2 years had fully recharged her batteries so to speak. Now all she needs to do is sleep for a few hours a day to maintain her powers. I imagine if ahe gets into a real knockdown drag out fight she'll have sleep longer to recover.
Old 2019-05-12, 12:07   Link #164
p-kun

With all the crouching that Tanjirou did, Nezuko must have hit her head many times. Tanjirou better pads the box soon or perhaps she can morph her thick hair into pillow buns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I can see why Urodaki hypnotized Nezuko, but there's no comfort in it. Just one more violation.
Nezuko was already willing to protect her family members. What Urokodaki did was to put in suggestion to view humans as extensions of her family, and thus she saw the boy and girl as her family members and protected them.

Interestingly, the suggestion is put only against demon (since if she attacks humans, no matter the reason - even if the human is evil, Tanjirou will have to commit seppuku).
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-12, 16:23   Link #165
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
More then likely her sleeping for 2 years had fully recharged her batteries so to speak. Now all she needs to do is sleep for a few hours a day to maintain her powers. I imagine if ahe gets into a real knockdown drag out fight she'll have sleep longer to recover.
That still makes no sense to me. What energy is she recovering, if she never ate anything to build energy in the first place?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-12, 16:41   Link #166
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That still makes no sense to me. What energy is she recovering, if she never ate anything to build energy in the first place?
If the end of chapter omakes are true, she did eat with Urokodaki and tanjiro normal food.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-12, 16:53   Link #167
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
If the end of chapter omakes are true, she did eat with Urokodaki and tanjiro normal food.
Wish they put that in the anime. Would explain alot but might leave even more questions l.
Old 2019-05-12, 17:25   Link #168
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Wish they put that in the anime. Would explain alot but might leave even more questions l.
Rofl, yeah. Not sure whether that explains things or confuses them even more...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 04:51   Link #169
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So I guess superhuman strength and instincts and being able to split into three and growing extra mass (arms) out of absolutely nowhere is fine, but recovering energy through sleeping is a big no no?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 06:21   Link #170
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So I guess superhuman strength and instincts and being able to split into three and growing extra mass (arms) out of absolutely nowhere is fine, but recovering energy through sleeping is a big no no?
Well, to actually recover, she has to break down something. In her case, it might be her own fat and muscle tissue if she doesn't eat first.
Old 2019-05-13, 08:48   Link #171
Cao Ni Ma

You are still thinking about normal living biology with magical demons

Demons have a constant source of energy from their demonification, but if they want to rev up the engine they need to eat people. Nezuko has that engine, but refuses to use it. Instead she has battery packs that she recharges by sheer willpower while sleeping.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 10:03   Link #172
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, to actually recover, she has to break down something. In her case, it might be her own fat and muscle tissue if she doesn't eat first.
If a demon can produce mass out of thin air then why not energy?
Old 2019-05-13, 10:14   Link #173
Azrael Kyota

I'd like to know some thoughts on this show. Odd questions to ask no doubt.

1. What do you find appealing about it?
2. Can you explain the plot in 2 sentences?
Azrael Kyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 10:46   Link #174
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

1) While the art and animation is definitely stunning, for me personally, I like the rather fresh take on the shonen plotline. It's nothing too different from the norm, but it's just different enough. I feel the small differences make it feel a lot more down to earth. The protagonist feels much less privileged than usual. The training arc felt more real than most, for example.

2) Young boy loses almost his entire family and has his sister turned into the most moe demon. Now he must become a demon hunter as he tries to find a way to turn her back into a human.
Old 2019-05-13, 17:51   Link #175
Azrael Kyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
1) While the art and animation is definitely stunning, for me personally, I like the rather fresh take on the shonen plotline. It's nothing too different from the norm, but it's just different enough. I feel the small differences make it feel a lot more down to earth. The protagonist feels much less privileged than usual. The training arc felt more real than most, for example.

2) Young boy loses almost his entire family and has his sister turned into the most moe demon. Now he must become a demon hunter as he tries to find a way to turn her back into a human.
Definitely going to check it out and see if I can stay invested in it. Thanks for your input.
Azrael Kyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 06:02   Link #176
Arya

I'm watching it, and I like it. What I liked the most so far is that you could see a real training. He did had to seriously train.
All in all, it a very good show, it's stunning, I like the old Japan settings (ok it is not) and I'm also comfortable with it, don't know how to put it, but the episode with the music the settings and the pace makes me at ease. It's like nothing too drastic will happen, i mean, it already happened so whatever has to come can't top that. So far at least.
The MC is also quite thoughtful, and he adapts well with the atmosphere of the show.
TBH I'm not really invested in it, I mean I'm not looking forward to the next episode, otherwise I would have already written before, but definitely I like it.

yeah, I certainly could have done without the burden sister (and her sleeping recharging skills ) but it's a very minor minor issue.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-18, 13:12   Link #177
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Will be interesting to see "Michael Jackson" in anime form as well.
It was great.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-18, 13:53   Link #178
Nivek von Beldo

That Twist, Muzan was a masterfully bastard, as tanjiro got surprise, he live so normal as human yet created another demon just to mind fuck Tanjiro..and the poor was unable to eat his Udon.

That is a twist, a rumor send him with his target but was a mega suprise for him
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-18, 16:12   Link #179
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Holy hell. I didn't think he'd find the big bad that early, but what is he going to even do about it? No aspect of this looks like something a single rookie demon hunter can handle.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-18, 18:44   Link #180
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So I'm guessing Muzan's "family" is brainwashed/hypnotized, otherwise there's no way they wouldn't notice he's not human. I wonder what his motives are. As we've just seen, it's incredibly easy for him to create demons, so if he wanted to he could probably dominate the world. But perhaps it's not as easy as it looks.

Tags
demon, shonen