AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-05-21, 12:03   Link #3141
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I guess Miku tried to save her chance.. but she is almost completely out from the story
should have not bombed that confession and just rush like Nino did.. after all, Miku got higher chance to succeed comparing to Ichika, Itsuki, and Nino

Yotsuba is climbing fast... although I'm surprised that Itsuki know the truth about Rena

The theories about 5 of them being Rena is almost true at this point
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-21, 12:26   Link #3142
Schpittfeuer

Wait... Did the author really treat miku's confession this way?
Schpittfeuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-21, 13:24   Link #3143
WingedAccelerator

There is really no need to panic.
I complained myself that the fact the whole confession treated like a movie for the sisters to watch took away from the significance of the moment, and there were complaints about the support anyways, so what do you know, Miku is not stupid to not notice them, and also doesn't want to confess this way. And she is confident that Fuutarou still got her intentions. Guess the arc's purpose was to strengthen the bonds of the sisters, even if they aim for the same guy.

Also, I welcome cheeky Miku, even though it's another sudden personality shift.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-21, 14:03   Link #3144
Lex79

So I dead the chapter, and we have Ichika surrendering (I hope it's for real) and Miku managing to avoid a likely rejection, like Nino. This chapter is giving me hopes for Itsuki and Yotsuba as the final contenders, even if I'm still not 100% sure of how it could unfold.
Old 2019-05-21, 14:32   Link #3145
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
We not sure how long is the trip thought. Usually trip last few days so chance are they meet in multiple days.

If that is the case chance are.
He meet all quintuplet but in different time and location and fuutarou didn't know this. At same time the Quint didn't know/forget that they meet with same boy.
EXCEPT for Yotsuba since she remember it unlike Ichika

So this kind make me think that Yotsuba remember him being the boy in Kyoto and she is Rena.
Feel happy when my theory is correct umu, thought i still want to know why Itsuki collaborate with Yotsuba

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-21, 15:14   Link #3146
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Because... It would mean torching whole manga. She lack development and it's too late catch up.
The end justify the mean....

I mean the story so far is just one year timeline
And before the mariage when she is 22 years old there is still 4 more years left....
Maybe the development you search will be going off screen... In time skip
Welp, the chance for other girls is also still exist...

Maybe this story is just about how the relationship between them begin from there, the starting point...kinda
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-21, 15:19   Link #3147
WingedAccelerator

There was a theory long ago about all of them kissing Fuutarou at some point of the story. Combining this with the Bell Kisser now, I wonder if we will get 4 cheek kisses, and only one normal one, the fateful kiss of the winner? So if Nino, Miku or Itsuki gives a cheek kiss to Fuutarou in the near future, this theory gains a big momentum.
Old 2019-05-21, 20:50   Link #3148
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon213 View Post
Why can't she? A lot of people seem to think the author favors her
Then they aren't reading the same manga. If anything he favors Nino the most.
Old 2019-05-21, 22:13   Link #3149
wuhugm
Confused Shark

The confession was undone
wtf
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-21, 23:21   Link #3150
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Maybe that joke about Negi hating Miku has some truth to it after all?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-21, 23:56   Link #3151
thefreakmike

If so, then he must have been very salty with the popularity poll results lmao
Old 2019-05-22, 00:45   Link #3152
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon213 View Post
So you also think that Itsuki might already have some romantic feelings for Fuutarou? The opinion about that is pretty divided, also who do you think the bride is?
First things first, all three translations agree, and Miku didn't want to confess because she knows her chances are nonexistent or close to it. Not only that, but in the same sentence, Miku said she doesn't want to be like a certain idiot who charges in when she has no chance in victory. So either Miku can accurately guess what her and Nino's chances are, or she can't.

I personally believe it's the former, because it's pretty clear from the recent chapter, that currently the girl that Fuu holds highest in regard IS the Kyoto Girl. Fuutarou mentions in chapter 68 that he only started to think a certain girl is special after then, and until c77 Fuu was busy with mock exam to even think about romance. Which means that it's only in the Kyoto Trip are we privy to his developing feelings, and the only girl we can say he developed feelings for in this arc is, of course, the Kyoto Girl.

And considering we know the manga is ending soon, then it is unlikely that Fuutarou will completely and utterly break his bond with Kyoto Girl, only to move on to another girl. Goodness knows Rena tried, but the KG topic just won't die. Heck, we aren't privy to everything that is mystery of KG, such as the reason why Yotsuba is fine with not being recognized as KG, which the build-up and the reveal will eat up even more time.

Not ONLY that, but Negi has practically told us that Kyoto Girl is THE Altar Girl. Regular forum goers are probably tired of what I say, but if there is ANYTHING I believe that will happen in the future, that is where my firmest conviction lies. I believe this because of these two panels:

Spoiler for for space:

Of course, there are (currently?) two Kyoto Girls, but honestly? I may prefer Yotsuba, I actually don't mind Ichika either. That said, if we go by the time spent with Fuutarou as a kid, Yotsuba MAJORLY dominates, so I'm giving most of the "win % chance" to her.

I personally don't mind Itsuki winning either, because she's playing wingman to Kyoto Girl. I totally TOTALLY respect characters who try to get childhood friends together, and if the MC 'mistakenly' falls in love with such character instead, I don't mind it. I can't count out Itsuki as I said before because she is the de factor main girl, and there is the slight possibility that Itsuki may actually be another KG. (or even the real KG - my logical side is bugging me that not ALL the pieces fit and we may be heading towards another major twist)

In essence, I personally think the chances of each quint being the Altar Girl:

Yotsuba - 80% because she's the 'main' KG
Itsuki - 15% due to main girl powers
Ichika - 3% due to having SOME claim to the KG story
Nino/Miku - 1% each

Before when I banked on Itsuki being the 'real' KG, I said that Altar Girl may not necessarily be the True Bride. This is because Altar Girl may just be posing in lieu of the True Bride, and Itsuki is at least top 2 best sister impersonator given enough time to prepare, so I wouldn't put it past her. Not only that, but Negi has shown us specifically that Fuu chose to save Nino over Rena's charm, which could be foreshadowing that Fuu will choose Nino over Itsuki.

But in Yotsuba's case, there is absolutely no way she would even attempt to seriously pose as another quint, because it's established she really sucks at lying. If anything, Altar Girl may be posing as Yotsuba (either Itsuki or Nino, since Raiha was gazing in their general direction when we got back from the future in c68). But in any case, I don't fear Nino at all now, since obviously Yotsuba is not Rena and thus "Nino > Rena Charm" doesn't apply to her. Meaning if Yotsuba is ever established as the Altar Girl, it pretty much means she is the True Bride.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-22, 01:20   Link #3153
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Maybe that joke about Negi hating Miku has some truth to it after all?
While I get why you are saying this, I honestly think this wasn't (that) bad.
Major complaints were raised about the support, about the victimization of Miku, about how her confession is gonna get overshadowed by the cliffhanger at the end of the arc anyways, or how all in all, her confession is not "a winner's confession" (worthy of a winner). Negi fixed pretty much everything, while still making sure Fuutarou got her intentions, at least one of the translations suggests that.

Although "a winner's confession" is quite a funny phrase to me, considering the Bell Kisser incident, which is rather comical than romantic, while supposedly it's the winning move.
Old 2019-05-22, 09:16   Link #3154
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I just binged read this entire damn thing in one day. One goddamned day. What kind of surreal godsforsaken clusterfuck did I get myself into?

I'm feeling in perfect equal parts bewilderment, indignation, annoyance, curiosity and amusement. Which are incidentally five (5) different emotions.

This is turning out like a strangely logical trainwreck I can't keep my eyes off regardless of the ending. We're in the end game now, might as well see it through to the fakkin end.

Also if Miku doesn't win I'm ending all life on this planet as we know it.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-22, 11:19   Link #3155
Lex79

Quote:
I personally don't mind Itsuki winning either, because she's playing wingman to Kyoto Girl. I totally TOTALLY respect characters who try to get childhood friends together, and if the MC 'mistakenly' falls in love with such character instead, I don't mind it. I can't count out Itsuki as I said before because she is the de factor main girl, and there is the slight possibility that Itsuki may actually be another KG. (or even the real KG - my logical side is bugging me that not ALL the pieces fit and we may be heading towards another major twist)
That's currently the biggest danger to Yotsuba, because while it's true that being the Kyoto girl gives her a big advantage over her sisters, if she keeps letting Itsuki impersonate Rena there is a concrete risk that Fuutarou might end up falling for her instead.
Quote:
Before when I banked on Itsuki being the 'real' KG, I said that Altar Girl may not necessarily be the True Bride. This is because Altar Girl may just be posing in lieu of the True Bride, and Itsuki is at least top 2 best sister impersonator given enough time to prepare, so I wouldn't put it past her. Not only that, but Negi has shown us specifically that Fuu chose to save Nino over Rena's charm, which could be foreshadowing that Fuu will choose Nino over Itsuki.
To tell the truth, I personally don't put so much weight in that scene because yes, it might symbolize Fuutarou choosing someone else other the Kyoto girl, it's not like he really had a choice...between an object and Nino drowning, saving her was really the only possible choice.
Old 2019-05-22, 13:56   Link #3156
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
While I get why you are saying this, I honestly think this wasn't (that) bad.
Major complaints were raised about the support, about the victimization of Miku, about how her confession is gonna get overshadowed by the cliffhanger at the end of the arc anyways, or how all in all, her confession is not "a winner's confession" (worthy of a winner). Negi fixed pretty much everything, while still making sure Fuutarou got her intentions, at least one of the translations suggests that.

Although "a winner's confession" is quite a funny phrase to me, considering the Bell Kisser incident, which is rather comical than romantic, while supposedly it's the winning move.
Don't mind me, I made that post in jest. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

While we're on the topic of the confession, there's one thing I want to comment on tho and that's the confession itself and its aftermath. Overall, if we ignore chapter 86, then Miku's confession is undoubtedly superior to Nino's. What hurts it is that chapter 86 takes away some of its seriousness and slightly dampens the delivery of an otherwise powerful confession. Luckily, what salvages the confession is that it's hinted and alluded to that Fuu is quite perceptive and not dense enough to take Miku's words at face value (i.e. he knows she meant it, but given the circumstances, that was probably the most appropriate action one could've taken since there were four tactless people intruding on an extremely private/sensitive moment).

All in all, due to the events of chapter 86, I just can't put Miku's confession above Nino's anymore. At best, I'll rank them equally tbh.

Ps. Since I'm in both the Miku and Nino camp, I also want to bring it to peoples' attention that Fuu was most likely going to reject Miku right then and there had she not taken back her confession. So my fellow Miku shippers and the Nino haters in general, it'd be appreciated that you no longer try to use the "Nino was going to get rejected anyway, therefore she had no real chances of winning to begin with" argument because that now applies to Miku as well. Granted, she did take back her confession at the last moment. It still doesn't change the fact that he was ready to reject her. Peace.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2019-05-22, 15:49   Link #3157
WingedAccelerator

The last part depends on the reason, and it should generally applied to both Nino and Miku. Fuutarou is smiling, "I know", then comes the "But..." for Miku. A rejection is implied, but the reason is not clear. It's certainly doesn't feel like "But I love someone else", rather than "But I can't go out with you yet/But I haven't made up my mind yet/But I have no intention of going out with anyone yet". Everyone is free to interpret however they want the fact that Fuutarou so far didn't reciprocate Nino's or Miku's feelings. (Or anyone else's for that matter, because he himself doesn't seem to take any initiative towards pursuing romance.) But claiming both of their winning chances are non-existent because of this, is asking for another BTFO by Negi later.
Old 2019-05-22, 16:11   Link #3158
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
The last part depends on the reason, and it should generally applied to both Nino and Miku. Fuutarou is smiling, "I know", then comes the "But..." for Miku. A rejection is implied, but the reason is not clear. It's certainly doesn't feel like "But I love someone else", rather than "But I can't go out with you yet/But I haven't made up my mind yet/But I have no intention of going out with anyone yet". Everyone is free to interpret however they want the fact that Fuutarou so far didn't reciprocate Nino's or Miku's feelings. (Or anyone else's for that matter, because he himself doesn't seem to take any initiative towards pursuing romance.) But claiming both of their winning chances are non-existent because of this, is asking for another BTFO by Negi later.
I'm aware that there will be varying reasons for the implied rejections and that's fine. I mainly brought this up because my debates in the past with both Miku shippers and Nino haters tended to lean towards that type of reasoning. I can't tell you how many times I've facepalmed when someone confidently presented that argument like it's supposed to be the be all and end all argument that would put the debate to rest and collectively blow everyone's minds...

[B]: That's exactly what I'm saying. That statement perfectly encapsulates how I felt whenever someone seriously presented the argument that "lol Nino was going to get rejected lol her chances of winning are 0 lolol" (I'm extremely exaggerating here, but you get my point).
Old 2019-05-22, 16:27   Link #3159
WingedAccelerator

The part that you made bold was intended for someone else, but the best part is that it's should apply as a general case as well. Win-Win.
Old 2019-05-22, 16:41   Link #3160
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Yup, definitely a win-win. Seeing that statement instantly made me think of 2-3 specific individuals that I've debated with on this thread. That's why I said it perfectly encapsulated my feelings on the matter.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck