AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 45 47.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 42.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 8.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-25, 08:33   Link #41
JokerD

I like this world, people having flashbacks left and right. Sion almost 'settling' thing in minutes. Rika seems to be going 'black' too often for my liking but other than that it's a good world...

From the reviews, seems like next week will be a blast as well. Rise of the children's crusade.

Teppei deserves to be smacked down... hard Someone needs to tell Irie that Satoko will never wear a maid costume again. I bet that'll get him into action. That or making protecting Satoko part of the deal with Takano, I bet he wouldn't even reach the village alive then.
Old 2007-08-25, 08:35   Link #42
Irwin1138
Tri Zába

It seems like every new episode becomes even shorter than the previous one. Arrrrgh!
Old 2007-08-25, 08:50   Link #43
karumofin

what bothers me isnt the change of atmosphere, but rikas annoyingly quick change of attitude.
Old 2007-08-25, 08:52   Link #44
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
what bothers me isnt the change of atmosphere, but rikas annoyingly quick change of attitude.
Forgive her, she's been through this for more than 100 years, and finally gets a "perfect" world to start in.
Old 2007-08-25, 09:17   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
True enough I'd cut the girl a bit of slack. After all that time it seems the skys have opened up and given her enough to work with to battle through to victory. What seems to be the luckiest world, has hit the worst possible snag to deal with.

Sure I wasn't happy with her going into depression after Satoko's uncle showed up. But she tried all the routes she could think of and it seemed fate had once again smacked her into the ground. If in a world where things seemed to finally go right something terrible like this still can happen it must be hard to keep the spirits alive to fight on.
Old 2007-08-25, 09:23   Link #46
MrZombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
We've been over this already. Teppei coming back means this world is a dead end. Every single time.
Old 2007-08-25, 09:59   Link #47
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Wow, the part when Rika yelled at Irie and Takano was really unexpected, and Keiichi is as awesome as ever.
Old 2007-08-25, 11:44   Link #48
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

...Let yourself get hit. That was your great plan? =P

Shion says 1500 seconds, I think Minesweeper. =/

Gotta love Rika's emo facial distortions. A pissed-off Rika is a very intimidating loli.
Old 2007-08-25, 12:02   Link #49
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Nice episode as always. It's really nice how this series does a 360 when it comes to emotions.

The episode title sure explained itself. Teppei simply screwed up Rika's hopes just like that. And Keiichi sure is kicking ass with each episode in this arc.

It was nice that Rika's emo scene didn't look bad, unlike last season's infamous facial distortions.
Old 2007-08-25, 13:46   Link #50
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

omg... i hate cliffhangers
Old 2007-08-25, 13:53   Link #51
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
...Let yourself get hit. That was your great plan? =P
I think it's better than "Let myself get strapped down and tortured to death" personally.
Old 2007-08-25, 14:42   Link #52
HigurashiNeze1231
Drama pl0x

Send a message via AIM to HigurashiNeze1231 Send a message via Yahoo to HigurashiNeze1231
Watched it subbed, since I already saw the raw I could understand most of what was going on already, but it made things more dramatic seeing it now. Looks like Teppei has to come back and ruin Rika's seemingly perfect world in a matter of one episode... and it looks like Keiichi is owning in this world. The preview for episode 9 looks cool too, maybe everyone can go on over to Teppei's house and beat the crap out of him.
Old 2007-08-25, 14:48   Link #53
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Wow that was intense. Poor Rika, she's so close to getting all the "good endings" I"m not surprised he got so pissed at Takano and Irie

But Irie gave her the perfect solution. The Yamainu are here only to protect Rika,so all Rika needs to do is provoke Teppei into harming her (knowing the guy it shouldn't be too hard) and the Yamainu would step into action and neutralize Teppei.

But that would be easy and wouldn't include Keiichi and the gang, so I wonder what Keiichi's plan is now. Everything seemed so much simpler in the past worlds. Someone annoying you? Kill him! But in this "good world" people have to use their heads to solve their problems.
Old 2007-08-25, 15:24   Link #54
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
Wow that was intense. Poor Rika, she's so close to getting all the "good endings" I"m not surprised he got so pissed at Takano and Irie

But Irie gave her the perfect solution. The Yamainu are here only to protect Rika,so all Rika needs to do is provoke Teppei into harming her (knowing the guy it shouldn't be too hard) and the Yamainu would step into action and neutralize Teppei.
They're not gonna kill Teppei while the cops are watching him. At best they'd extract Rika from the situation and take her back to the clinic to be heavily tranquilised. In fact if Rika had successfully used the Yamainu to sanction Teppei, I can see the seeds of paranoia being planted right there. It's a plan that just won't fly even if we weren't rapidly approaching the point where the wild dogs turn. As for Keiichi's plan, essentially this is a political problem and calls for a political solution. What he needs to do is get at oba-sama Sonozaki. Which is, I assume, why the title of the next chapter is "Persuasion".
Old 2007-08-25, 15:31   Link #55
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

Finally I know what the Yamainu's presence is there for. Man, that's a load of wondering off my mind. Was I the only one who didn't know what they were there for?

Much love goes out to K1 for his badass performance in the last few episodes. I loved the way he stood up to Shion's escalating haste and homicidal intent. It was excellent and so unexpected.

Overall I felt the episode was one of a quick turn into despair and depression as Teppei came back on scene. It was a slap in the face type of shock. I felt like Rika did when she realized why Satoko didn't come home. Bleh~

Really looking forward to the next episode from watching the preview. I think I'll hibernate for a week so it'll get here faster. Anyone want to join me ?

Spoiler for kingsky123's comment:
Old 2007-08-25, 16:18   Link #56
Juan Valdez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie View Post
We've been over this already. Teppei coming back means this world is a dead end. Every single time.
So far though, hasn't every world ended up being a dead end anyway?
Old 2007-08-25, 16:24   Link #57
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJiffy View Post
Spoiler for kingsky123's comment:
in fact, i felt the "school incident" in the anime was rather something to show rena's "madness" and that it could be a reason why she moved from Ibaraki.
In the game, when keiichi and the rest confronted her in the junkyard, Rena explained she had that behaviour to forget her family issues right now. (the anime cut it short, and just let her speech about happiness. While in the game, everything was explained)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Valdez View Post
So far though, hasn't every world ended up being a dead end anyway?
More likely, instant death/despair, while the other worlds were just... "just as planned by the Fate"
Old 2007-08-25, 16:55   Link #58
BakaOnna

I gotta agree with everyone else, Keiichi is owning this arc and world. This is one series where 24 minutes feel way too short. I really want to see what happens next.
Old 2007-08-25, 18:09   Link #59
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

What an amazing episode. It was dramatic, intense... and just outstanding. All of a sudden, I'm starting to think Higurashi Kai may well be a candidate for anime of the year.

The Shion v Keiichi scene was brilliant! This is how you do drama, IMO. Everything in the scene was executed perfectly for such a verbal conflict: the dialogue was great, the voice acting was superb (particularly from Satsuki Yukino, certainly reprising the amazing performance she gave in the first season), the choice of music was fitting and the atmosphere was just intense. It's scenes like this that can define a series, and I don't think it's overstating things to say it was brilliant.

Higurashi Kai is really starting to shape up to be a very special anime at this rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
geh... we can tell the variables in higurashi are so unpredictable ~~"
Hence why I think the universe is probabilistic. There are certain things that can happen, like Teppei's return or Akasaka saving his wife, that seemingly don't depend on other variables but only happen in some (but not all) universes. Rika obviously has a certain degree of control over what happens in a given universe, but it's fairly clear that there are a number of things she can't control and in a lot of circumstances, she has no choice by to rely on her luck. And, in this world, it was good until Teppei turned up.
Old 2007-08-25, 18:38   Link #60
Omfgbbqwtf

I love this episode! Things like Keiichi keeping his cool throughout the whole episode, Rika going uber crazy mode (first time seeing her like this I believe), and Rina getting owned. Next episode looks interesting too, seems like they are going for an all-out march towards.... somewhere.
Closed Thread