AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-10, 16:26   Link #301
dan88

Send a message via MSN to dan88
I enjoyed this series. I was constantly torn between rooting for their relationship and feeling it was wrong!
It was very sad and you didn't know what to think.
I guess this is how homosexuals used to be made to feel about their relationships.
Old 2006-05-10, 17:26   Link #302
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Maybe I have a complex but I love manga with age gap and taboo subjects. I just find it to be a sort of thing of, "love trancends everything."

Chokotto Sister is another one, but it's more of a one sided, devoted love on the younger sisters part.
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 11:50   Link #303
Plas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
Having finished watching Hana Yori Dango, I used ANIDB to check for other "romance" animes, and found this one. Whose bright idea was it to categorize this anime as romance?! My stomache is still turning.

A smiley cant adequately express my feelings and if I state them freely, ill be banned so lets leave it at this: Do yourself a favor and DO NOT watch this anime
I liked the series, although it took me a while to get over how violent of a temper Tsukasa has, which would be anger management issues and verbal and emotional abuse in real life.

Hopefully no teenage high school girl would ever put up with that, even if the guy's filthy rich.
Plas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 15:19   Link #304
dan88

Send a message via MSN to dan88
Really topical anime right now.

There is a sibling couple in Germany who are fighting to stay out of jail (again) and stop having their kids taken away from them. If gay couples are anything to go by it will be a few more years before people are ready to accept and allow people to have this type of relationship.

Couple stand by forbidden love
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6424937.stm

Apparently incest is now legal in Japan.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/germany/ar...022008,00.html

I t has been suggested that divorces breaking up families has increased cases of incest where related children grown up separately and then meet later in life.
http://www.yorku.ca/ycom/profiles/pa...patch/dsp4.htm
**shudder** I will have to thank my parents for staying together!
Old 2007-04-03, 17:39   Link #305
tom9984

I have some questions. If Chidori went to the police about this, would they be able to do anything?

Do you think she should have went to the police? Or do you support her position of "mind your own business"?
tom9984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 18:12   Link #306
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom9984 View Post
I have some questions. If Chidori went to the police about this, would they be able to do anything?

Do you think she should have went to the police? Or do you support her position of "mind your own business"?
Well, first of all, the police would have no grounds on which to "do" anything about it. Not in Japan, anyway. But also, there are a LOT of laws in Japan that are made but not enforced. They make a statement *in writing* about what they feel is right or wrong, but *in practice*, they let people get on with things themselves, which most often means that social pressure (a HUGE factor in Japanese society as we all know) achieves the right thing in the end.

It is this social pressure that Chidori was trying to put into effect. She thought that she didn't need to go to their parents, or involve co-workers or anyone else, b/c she thought it was completely obvious that she represented the consensus view of the Right Thing (tm).

In terms of this story, I am in support of Koushiro and Nanoka's love, but that does not mean that I am in favour of incest. So, do I think she should have minded her own business? No. I think it was important for Koushiro to come up against the view of society in such a harsh way. It's a test, after all.
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 13:14   Link #307
Zeytoo0

Send a message via MSN to Zeytoo0
I wouldn't have called it a test, more of an 'attempt to force her views on him' :P

Personally I have no problems with the concept of incest, if people are allowed to be gay, why stop people who are in love with relatives? Theres no difference in my eyes - the only 'factor' is the genetics and having kids thing, but thats hardly a major issue when you bear in mind the fact that they're disabled couples out there with much higher chances of having disabled kids than a couple involved in incest and were doing nothing about those.
Zeytoo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 05:42   Link #308
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

I don't like Koshiro much. Watching him makes me frustrated. Yet I felt sorry for him. *sigh* This anime may not be my favourite, but IMO, it's one of the better than any other romance animes that I've seen. However, I don't like how they ended it. I don't like an open ending or 'leave it to your imagination' kind of ending.
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 12:50   Link #309
Zeytoo0

Send a message via MSN to Zeytoo0
Hmm, I kinda agree with you, but short from killing all of the main characters you cant leave it at that kind of ending to be honest :P It has to be an open ending because if it aint open, then that suggests nothing new happens - something which is bound to happen at some point in the rest of their lives :P
Zeytoo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 19:29   Link #310
lillaziboi

well if the have a close ending, then it would probably give off the impression that the company involved in this anime is in full support of incest which may not be a good thing to the public :P atleast that is why I think they left it open ended, though i wanted a closed one >.>

i don't have a problem w/ gays/incest or wutever, i also think love triumph over all, society makes us believe its wrong but i see no problem w/ it

those who has a problem w/ incest, think abt this, although improbable, if the majority of the world was to be incest what would become of you? would you be the "freaks"? the only reason incest and gay is considered wrong is because majority of people are in male/female relationships and they are not genetically related
lillaziboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 20:29   Link #311
Arkhan

Well, I see more problems in the fact that she's a minor than in the fact that they are siblings. If you don't live with your sister you don't develop the feelings of a brother towards her. In other words, she's only your sister because the genes and the society say so.
But I do see the age problem. She might be not mature enough to be prepared for that kind of relationship.
Arkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 20:47   Link #312
anselfir
Style Über Alles

i agree with arkhan, not that i have any problems with pedo etc, but show would have been much more enjoyable if the girl was older
Old 2007-08-23, 05:38   Link #313
myu

I have siblings that I love to death but I can't help that after watching this it was so realistic yet so unrealistic because I could never do that to my own blood. This was an okay series for what it was but since there's no anime magic and stuff people might try to imitate and it could lead to bad things.
myu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 11:08   Link #314
Arkhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by myu View Post
I have siblings that I love to death but I can't help that after watching this it was so realistic yet so unrealistic because I could never do that to my own blood. This was an okay series for what it was but since there's no anime magic and stuff people might try to imitate and it could lead to bad things.
I know what you mean, but I don't see how somebody would try to imitate that kind of thing. Just because you see a man who has romantic feelings about the sister he hadn't seen for almost all his life, you are not going to fall in love with the sister you're living with.

Perhaps you mean that kids usually try to imitate what they see, but I don't see this problem for two reasons. First, because this show is not the typical that attracts children, I mean, younger that 14/15 years old; and at that age, I think you are already mature enough to watch this kind of anime. But, if a child watched it, he/she wouldn't imitate it, because it surely would be against his/her feelings.
Arkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 10:02   Link #315
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Just finished watching the series, and I have to say that it was very enjoyable. I was torn in the beginning over whether Nanoka and Koushiro should be together, considering their status as siblings and as adult and child. Somehow I found myself rooting for them to be together (something must be wrong with me) and rethinking what defines an "appropriate" relationship. I mean, if two people love each other, and their love doesn't harm anyone, who's to say that there's anything wrong with that?
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 21:25   Link #316
Ishe

I wasn't in favor of the relationship. Actually, I was irritated by it. But not really because it was incest or an older-younger relationship, but because he was such an ass. He was the type of guy that I can see being abusive later in the relationship. He was the overly jealous type, he took out his frustrations on her instead of himself, and looked for ways to blame her for everything. Even if there was no incest or age difference involved, I would have wanted her to drop his ass, call the police, and establish a restraining order.
Ishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 07:09   Link #317
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I didnt like the ending at all. I was hoping he would listen to chidori and act like a mature person but that didnt happen. The end of episode 11 was shocking to me to be honest. He made the wrong choice.

P.S. What happend at the end any ways? She went back to his dad house? The ending was a bit confusing to me ( i am a newbie in romance animes).
Old 2008-03-08, 19:19   Link #318
Honey_and_Cleaver

wow this anime is so great, loved it, i wished it were longer though, the ending didint satisfied me, i wish they told what happened afterwards.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 19:36   Link #319
Kobukson

Not sure what to make of the ending. He still hasn't really made a decision in that he hasn't openly admitted their relationship to his parent and still hide it from society. The symbolism of the ferris wheel spoke a bit about this since it failed to move and he questioned what they were doing. While he may be "praying" to move the ferris wheel, he exerts no effort to actually take action, very similar to his stance with their relationship.

To be honest, I can see why people root for their relationship and at times felt for them (near the middle of the series). However, I think the disconnect in ages (he would be a pedophile in the US) and the fact I'm an older brother myself kept me from agreeing with the view shown by the series and ultimately siding with Chidori-san. Oh, question! They mentioned he was 27 and she was 15; does Japan not have statutory laws or is the age of consent much lower?

A well done series though.
Kobukson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 20:05   Link #320
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobukson View Post
Not sure what to make of the ending. He still hasn't really made a decision in that he hasn't openly admitted their relationship to his parent and still hide it from society. The symbolism of the ferris wheel spoke a bit about this since it failed to move and he questioned what they were doing. While he may be "praying" to move the ferris wheel, he exerts no effort to actually take action, very similar to his stance with their relationship.

To be honest, I can see why people root for their relationship and at times felt for them (near the middle of the series). However, I think the disconnect in ages (he would be a pedophile in the US) and the fact I'm an older brother myself kept me from agreeing with the view shown by the series and ultimately siding with Chidori-san. Oh, question! They mentioned he was 27 and she was 15; does Japan not have statutory laws or is the age of consent much lower?

A well done series though.
age of consent in Japan is 13 but most local goverment have older ages. In avarage 16 is the age of consent which also happen to be the age a girl can marry without parents permission. He is actually 28 when the anime ends and she is 16.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen