AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-11-11, 19:34   Link #38141
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
yay?

Or rather mine is: Advanced technology that borderline Eldritch Abomination because it is too advanced for human to comprehend.
And they're not even Alien in origin, those sealed Eldritch are the fragment of ancient semi-ethereal monster that disturbed any Class II and above Energy beings by being semi-ethereal (that is, can switch between energy and matter, and inbetween)

This is only in TLR stratos where to put it simply, shit happens
Old 2012-11-11, 20:35   Link #38142
DarkJak2050

Hey, Zero. Can a person with a collapsed lung and a filling chest cavity be saved?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 20:41   Link #38143
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Filling chest cavity? y'mean by blood or what?

In terms of that, it's depend on the damage and state, really. Though, few days at ICU plus weeks of treatment is the best case scenario...
Old 2012-11-11, 22:51   Link #38144
DarkJak2050

Filling up with blood and other body fluids...
Old 2012-11-12, 04:13   Link #38145
demino_hellsin
That one guy

You guys think the prologue could work as a stand alone chapter?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 04:27   Link #38146
DarkJak2050

I don't know, man...

I see the prologue as some sort of "spark" that starts the story off.

And this may sound stupid to ask, but does IS Academy have the best medical tech? Being able to treat something like a collapsed lung like it's nothing?

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2012-11-12 at 04:44.
Old 2012-11-12, 06:17   Link #38147
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
^ That would peel the skin off for sure...
Hey, I never said it was PERFECT... (owowOWOWOWOOWWW)
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 06:30   Link #38148
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

@Age

Got it

I've also been wondering all this while... Some robots tend to have a classification of their own even though they're basically mechas:
Eg.
Gundam - Mobile Suits
Muv-Luv - Tactical Surface Fighters

I wonder, for those who are doing battle/powered armor units for their respective OCs, are they going to have their own classification or are they going to be referred to as simply "battle armors"?

I've only done about 4 chapters for the re-write so far but it feel stale having the Minerva simply classified as "battle-armor"... I need to think of another term to replace it.
Old 2012-11-12, 08:14   Link #38149
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Astra Exodus is its own category. Though the creator of the armors actually just call them Rigs
Old 2012-11-12, 08:29   Link #38150
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I'm keeping Minerva as its own class at the moment but I might just have it classified as [Tactical Prowler] by its developer/creator.
Old 2012-11-12, 08:38   Link #38151
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Forgive me for being mentally twelve but prowler just really gives me the "teehee" vibes.
Old 2012-11-12, 08:51   Link #38152
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Eh, I don't mind it. :P

Have a short scene:
Spoiler for Short:
Old 2012-11-12, 09:00   Link #38153
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: The plot thickens... DUN DUN DUUUUUUN. Seriously though, good work. Rarely see briefing/info review scenes.

@jak: been contemplating your question and I'd have to answer no. They don't have a reason to have such extensive space and equipment dedicated to the medical field.
Old 2012-11-12, 14:08   Link #38154
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Any good FF recomendations? both canon & oc, no x-over please
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 15:17   Link #38155
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Any good FF recomendations? both canon & oc, no x-over please
My suggestion:
-Please note that I am more of an idea and concept person... I can tolerate terrible story so long as I feels that the idea and concept is interesting and good.

- Please note that I have certain....dislike due to certain ground rules when it come to IS-versewhich can be violated so long as the Author presented some good reason/idea/concept).
>> No Killing of IS pilot (not cool, IS is presented as a sport...you don't kill a baseball player for being good at batting...or able to throw fastball)
>> Tabane is one-of-a-kind genius and should be remains as such.
>>>By extension: which is why no technology is allowed be more advanced or equal than IS (Due to canon ruling that IS are black-box which nobody could figure out) (However, I am very lose about this ruling so long as there is a good reason...or the technology presented is distinctively different from IS)

Anyway, unfortunately most of the Stories in FF feels the same for me.... -_-. so I will mention the notable one and the ones which I remembers(I have bad memory)

OC:
Stratosphere's Athena Series. (It is more interesting....because no IS-users are actually harmed in the process . Only Drones...)
Note: Killing IS pilot is not cool...even if they are in super advanced powersuit...

Sacred Twin (Twin-cest is winsome and Ichika is smarter).

Daydreams of Maidens in Love (More character and Less action(Most fanfic writer focus too much on action element and forget that IS is still a harem story...The action elements usually take back-seat to harem antic.)

Stories by Squall 'Tabuukilla' Lione....are awesome but I just don't like.....that much. (I think it is due to a combination of testosterone poisoning (the stories) and over-dose(over-dose from reading other fanfic).....)

Infinite Stratos: Angelic Descent..... it is quite...good...*Twitch*Twitch* (read above for reason why twitching). I just ignore a few minor points to enjoy the story.

Author's story which I suggested to Avoid:
Rukotaro and Rukko
Old 2012-11-12, 20:22   Link #38156
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Eh, I took mine down for a long while now. I'd post up the re-write but there's still some tweaking to do.
Old 2012-11-12, 20:35   Link #38157
DarkJak2050

Hey, what's the weapon loadout for the Minerva?
Old 2012-11-12, 20:42   Link #38158
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
@Age

Got it

I've also been wondering all this while... Some robots tend to have a classification of their own even though they're basically mechas:
Eg.
Gundam - Mobile Suits
Muv-Luv - Tactical Surface Fighters

I wonder, for those who are doing battle/powered armor units for their respective OCs, are they going to have their own classification or are they going to be referred to as simply "battle armors"?

I've only done about 4 chapters for the re-write so far but it feel stale having the Minerva simply classified as "battle-armor"... I need to think of another term to replace it.
Well, copyright man. Basically, Mecha is engrish equivalent of Mech, and it's trademarked.

As for why it's different, it was mostly to give a different flavor. Hell, my fanon has FOUR kind of machine that is basically I.S.-knockoff. With only difference in abilities but mostly not cosmetic.

All of them went into general classification of Stratos-class Powered Armor or Powered Exoskeleton.
Old 2012-11-12, 20:46   Link #38159
DarkJak2050

Well, now that StratoSpear mentions it, I might be thinking of the same thing for the Silverbacks...

With me considering them as "combat armor"...
Old 2012-11-12, 20:50   Link #38160
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Hey, what's the weapon loadout for the Minerva?
In it's standard configuration:
x2 Beam Sabers
x2 Particle Guns (on forearms)

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest