AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Re:Zero - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 21 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 38.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 11.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-22, 07:51   Link #61
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
I don't think Subaru's given much thought about this ruler issue. To me he wants to make Emilia the ruler because it's her desire to become it. Simply about fulfilling the wish of the person he likes. I also think that another part playing a role is her being ridiculed and reviled for being a half-elf, so he wants to elevate her just to show these guys up.
Actually, this the other problem. If Emilia was simply being doubted based on her ability because the general citizery don't anything about her that might be one thing, but she's entirely being shut off on race alone. In terms of whatever social issues Lugnica this is one thing he's shown most personally bothered by due to the irrationally of it. As someone whose known her enough for a month Subaru, he's well aware Emilia isn't monster she's made out to be nor is she a weakminded incapable person going by his experience. In comparison he has no personal stakes in the others candidates like Crusch and their views don't resonate with him with much. On top of that Emilia's now dealing other problems that the candidates don't have so the pressure on her likely much higher on out of the 5. I think win or lose for Subaru he wants people to at least recongize and judge her for who she is rather than treating her as stand-in for Satella who will assuredly bring to the country.

Plus Rem and others are expecting him to remain supportive to Emilia and Roswaal's interests as someone's who has joined them long ago of his own will.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-08-22 at 08:01.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 08:02   Link #62
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Man, you know an episode is going to be good when it doesn't have time for the opening. Gotta say, a man tear might have been shed watching this one. Crusch is amazing. <3

I have a question though. We know that Subaru keeps using his Witch scent trick by almost revealing his return by death ability. However, that one time, when he was about to open up to Emilia, it killed her, instead of hurting Subaru. How can he be sure that doesn't happen again? For all he knew, Rem might have been the one to suffer instead of him when he was luring down one of the whales.
Old 2016-08-22, 08:09   Link #63
Applehell

Emilia was the only person to successfully her him say RbD, so she mostly killed both for that reason and as punishment for Subaru overpowering the warning thruogh sheer will. Knowing that Subaru actaully told everyone including Rem back in ep 20 to close their ears as precaution when he said it. C.R. mistranslated that line though.

He did again this episode because it just him and the main whale and he was too high in the air to be heard by those on the ground.
Old 2016-08-22, 08:12   Link #64
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I have a question though. We know that Subaru keeps using his Witch scent trick by almost revealing his return by death ability. However, that one time, when he was about to open up to Emilia, it killed her, instead of hurting Subaru. How can he be sure that doesn't happen again? For all he knew, Rem might have been the one to suffer instead of him when he was luring down one of the whales.
Subaru does it anyway, well aware of the risks.

But he may have an inkling that he is being led on a leash by the witch. He's allowed to get away with using that trick when he's on the "right path". If he's really just looking to spill the beans, he gets a demonstration like Emilia dying.
Old 2016-08-22, 08:14   Link #65
Arkard

Quote:
Man, you know an episode is going to be good when it doesn't have time for the opening. Gotta say, a man tear might have been shed watching this one. Crusch is amazing. <3

Honestly? He can't be sure that it won't happen. He's basing this on the trial and error from RbyD so far. I think a big difference though is he was intentionally attempting to tell Emilia when she died. He hasn't attempted to directly tell anyone he doesn't actually want dead while luring so far. If I recall correctly he's also only tried it on mabeasts. Not sure about someone overhearing him, but I guess that's being ignored for convenience.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 08:26   Link #66
DemonneoPT

Quote:
I think the reason why Emilia died that time was because Subaru was willing to confess and suicide right there by using the curse, so Satella killed Emilia instead. In this and last episode that was not his purpose at all! One would expect something similar to what happened in arc 2 with the dogs to happen, so Rem's or the soldier's lives were not at risk. Subaru's curse seems to be heavily dependent on his current feelings/motivation. It's a two-edged sword!

I wonder if best girl Satella will gain physical form through Subaru's curse at some point and break her seal.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 08:34   Link #67
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh no... is Subaru just rejects 2nd best girl in series, Crusch?
Subaru is too swag... how did Emilia made this guy become crazy of her?

beautiful episode
Subaru just did everything he can despite being the most useless guy in the team but he managed to pull out every single amazing feat.. and even let Wilhelm to take the glory in the end

Wilhelm is way too manly.. awesome.. that kissing scene is very sweet
Subaru X Rem moment is also great.. it's amusing that Subaru keep denying his love toward Rem at this point since I never see him become that affectionate toward Emilia
that "sniff" declaration is awesome, Rem.. keep being like that
that forehead touching is a very sweet moment as well

Crusch is being awesome as well.. I like how she declared that she would never forget Subaru's deed and would never oppose him directly anymore.. I would say that Subaru just gained an eternal strong ally there

that purple guy is back? oh dear Subaru.. you have managed to clear everything at this point.. don't mess up because of that guy
He is not guilty at all.. you're the one that need to keep your emotion in check
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 08:49   Link #68
Tenzen12

To be honest I half expecting that at this point helping Emilia became ruler is not issue of romantic love anymore. He likes and admire her as person, but I can see him to make Emilia ruler just to ask her for blessing to his marriage with Rem afterward.
Old 2016-08-22, 09:05   Link #69
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Oh Emilia actually heard it, and that's why she died? Okay, I must have forgotten, thanks.
Old 2016-08-22, 10:02   Link #70
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Subaru X Rem moment is also great.. it's amusing that Subaru keep denying his love toward Rem at this point since I never see him become that affectionate toward Emilia
I don't think he's relying denying it as clearly drawing the line that Emilia is #1. In fact, when talking to Crusch post battle, he mentions he already has a #1 and #2 in his heart. It's pretty obvious he's talking about Emilia and Rem.
Old 2016-08-22, 10:08   Link #71
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
What a great episode, the entire fight was amazing, everyone was literally filled with fear until they looked at Crush charging by her own against the White Whale.

Wilhelm was a freaking badass this time and we got a nice piece of info about his past, how he ended on being Thearesia's husband, loved how they put those images just when the fight ended.

If there is something bad to say, they changed certain scene that was supposed to be here but at least White Fox showed the same in a different way (Rem/Subaru scene at the end)

Other than that scene, the episode was perfect on every way.

How much different was this rem x subaru scene in the WN ? What happen there?
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 10:09   Link #72
Applehell

^Ugh, don't quote that big picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
To be honest I half expecting that at this point helping Emilia became ruler is not issue of romantic love anymore. He likes and admire her as person, but I can see him to make Emilia ruler just to ask her for blessing to his marriage with Rem afterward.
Agreed on the ruler bit. WTS, I also agree with Triple_R that Crusch is strongest looking candidate in overall compreteny right now, but that largely stems from the fact she is only we have gotten a good look at in an environment that would display her best strengths. So I don't feel like it's fair to declare her the most suitted this early in the game. The others candidates still have their potenial merits maybe outside the exception of Felt, but even that could change over time as she becomes more refined as a person. Moreover Crusch definitely isn't flawless since while she is a honorable person she come across as bit too self-interest moviated which will led to problems. Also while she might have best leadership skills it doesn't mean she has best or right ideas for the country or at least ideas that everyone will go a long with. That is why factions or camps exist. This does not also take into account the personal growths the other candidates could go undergo to iron out their possible personal flaws as plot develops to surpass her there. Looking at things in a vacuum should be avoided.
Old 2016-08-22, 10:25   Link #73
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
The others candidates still have their potenial merits maybe outside the exception of Felt, but even that could change over time as she becomes more refined as a person.
Still highly amused by this table: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...61#post5916161

On a more serious note though, yeah Crusch seems the strongest candidate so far because she's been the most developed and has had the most screentime to showcase her viability. (Emilia is sobbing in a corner somewhere in Roswell's mansion) Her blessing would be invaluable as a ruler and she's shown great military leadership, but that doesn't necessarily translate to ruling a nation. Definitely need more insight into the other candidates.
Old 2016-08-22, 10:31   Link #74
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
It looks like Rem's getting put on a bus so we can remember who Emilia is. Do the writers not realize what they're doing with that scene last between them?

I'll tell you guys what the next ruler of Lugnica should do though. They should build a wall and kick out all the elves, and make the elf country pay for it. It's going to be a great wall, and it'll be the first step in making Lugnica great again

--Wilhelm channeling Fist of the North Star love screams

--Thearesia and Wilhelm's relationship goes from A to C; a trope called Defeat means Friendship exists so why not Defeat means Romance right

--That giant Al Huma would've been helpful earlier in the show Rem. Just saying

--Okay exactly how strong is everyone supposed to be like I thought Roswaal was stronger than Rem and now Rem is nearly the equal of Wilhelm but okay I'll admit Crusch is exactly where I expected her to be ihnfi

--"Only I'm allowed to sniff Subaru!"<--even with Satella (and potentially Emilia's) scent on him?

episode rating: 3 White Whales out of 3
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 11:07   Link #75
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Still highly amused by this table: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...61#post5916161

On a more serious note though, yeah Crusch seems the strongest candidate so far because she's been the most developed and has had the most screentime to showcase her viability. (Emilia is sobbing in a corner somewhere in Roswell's mansion) Her blessing would be invaluable as a ruler and she's shown great military leadership, but that doesn't necessarily translate to ruling a nation. Definitely need more insight into the other candidates.
Emilia has shown to be pretty head strong and doesn't seem to mind throwing herself into danger so acting cowardly sounds really OOC for her. I mean we talking same person who exhausted nearly all mana (which is dangerous) to heal Subaru to perfect shape. Not to mention if Puck hadn't stopped her she would chased Subaru into forest saved despite being her the one who needed to be guarded the most due to being a VIP. That not even say anything about how handled herself during the Elsa fight. It's easy to forget but her gentle personality is only one facelift of her character, she's pretty assertive, calm and stern when the situation calls for it. Definitely not the type to back from a challenge.
Old 2016-08-22, 12:28   Link #76
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
You know, the more development they give Subaru/Rem, the more I think Rem vs Emilia is going to be a plot point. Rem keeps going all out, being a emotional rock and doing the sort of stunts you expect a action hero to do for her love interest.

Now if I was Emilia and heard about what Rem was doing with Subaru, I would be feeling a bit on the insecure side... so maybe Emilia going to become a jealous witch?
As has been said many times, it's "Witch of Envy". So, rather than jealousy, she might be envious of Rem's "shock absorbers", which after all did such a great job.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 13:48   Link #77
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

+20 to safe-fall, 10/10 would raid with again
Old 2016-08-22, 14:12   Link #78
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
As has been said many times, it's "Witch of Envy". So, rather than jealousy, she might be envious of Rem's "shock absorbers", which after all did such a great job.
Envy is synonyms with Jealousy
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 17:17   Link #79
Draco Spirit

Either way I can still see a future plot line were tension between the two becomes ugly.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 21:21   Link #80
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Envy is synonyms with Jealousy
The Witch of Envy makes more sense asethically and works better thematically.

Remember there were once 6 other Witches historically before Satella overshadowed them. Then it would be reasonable to assume there was a Witch of Greed, Witch of Wrath, Witch of Sloth, Witch of Lust, Witch of Pride and a Witch of Gluttony at one point. So the Witch of Envy fits better with that in mind and sounds like a title rather than a adjective.