Notices

Old 2018-07-09, 11:20   Link #8321
Snowbold

Boy that premiere at AX was hilarious!
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 18:31   Link #8322
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I read somewhere that during a Q&A the author stated that the third anime season will only go up until vol. 9...

Does that mean that this is definitly the final anime season for Overlord then?

After all how would you make a season 4 work? You couldn't just adapt vol. 10, 11 and 12, because vol. 12 and 13 are a single arc - you can't just break them apart without breaking immersion.
Old 2018-07-10, 22:52   Link #8323
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I read somewhere that during a Q&A the author stated that the third anime season will only go up until vol. 9...

Does that mean that this is definitly the final anime season for Overlord then?

After all how would you make a season 4 work? You couldn't just adapt vol. 10, 11 and 12, because vol. 12 and 13 are a single arc - you can't just break them apart without breaking immersion.
While I understand the initial confusion, they don't have to follow the 3 volumes a season, it just works best.
For season 4, they could either do 4 volumes cut at 12 OR (I think this would be best) cut when Ainz is defeated by Jaldabaoth in volume 13 to leave a cliffhanger for season 5.

The problem with my option is that there is not enough material for a 5th season at present. It depends how fast the author writes and how long between season 3 and 4.

As for final season? I doubt it, it is a successful series with a huge following. They just wanted to finish at least 3 three seasons cause that is as far as the WN went.
Old 2018-07-12, 20:39   Link #8324
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

^I hope so.

I just noticed that Overlord sounds very similar to Overload... With all the shady "real life" stuff that has been revealed it wouldn't surprise me if at some point Satoru was supposed to be remotely killed at the time of the server's closure for some reason, by overloading his DMMO gear, but the input was somehow misidentified as "Overlord" instead and a different "script" was activated that sent him to the other world somehow.

Does anyone know how "Overlord" and "Overload" are written in Katakana respectively?

EDIT: I might be on to something. According to google translate the katakana オーバーロード refer to the word "Overload". But it's also the official Japanese title for this light novel series "Overlord".

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
Old 2018-07-14, 15:33   Link #8325
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
^I hope so.

I just noticed that Overlord sounds very similar to Overload... With all the shady "real life" stuff that has been revealed it wouldn't surprise me if at some point Satoru was supposed to be remotely killed at the time of the server's closure for some reason, by overloading his DMMO gear, but the input was somehow misidentified as "Overlord" instead and a different "script" was activated that sent him to the other world somehow.

Does anyone know how "Overlord" and "Overload" are written in Katakana respectively?

EDIT: I might be on to something. According to google translate the katakana オーバーロード refer to the word "Overload". But it's also the official Japanese title for this light novel series "Overlord".

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
*hands Grey a tinfoil hat

*whisper
"they are watching"
Old 2018-07-16, 01:12   Link #8326
pervypig

Spoiler:

But I guess not, she don't love him that way... or maybe she does? Her eyes fit it though.

P.S:
Spoiler:

omfg... now i want one too...

Last edited by pervypig; 2018-07-16 at 03:37.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 10:06   Link #8327
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

With the current on-goings in Carne village in the anime, I realized that Enri and Nphrea probably have the brightest future ahead of them out of all human characters that have been shown so far. Unlike other prominent human side-characters there is no impending doom like in the case of Climb and also no uncertainty like in Neia's case.

Their future is very secure, unless the end of the story will go into a cliché direction where Ainz gets recognised as the "Demon King" and somehow gets killed by a hero or something.
Old 2018-07-18, 10:10   Link #8328
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
With the current on-goings in Carne village in the anime, I realized that Enri and Nphrea probably have the brightest future ahead of them out of all human characters that have been shown so far. Unlike other prominent human side-character Climb there is no impending doom and also no uncertainty like in Neia's case.

Their future is very secure, unless the end of the story will go into a cliché direction where Ainz gets recognised as the "Demon King" and somehow gets killed by some hero or something.
i think Neia's could also be considered secure thank to Demi think she is one of Ainz's useful "chess pieces"
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 10:19   Link #8329
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
i think Neia's could also be considered secure thank to Demi think she is one of Ainz's useful "chess pieces"
While you are right, I think it's still much safer being a vital resource (and conversation partner) of Ainz than being a human chess-piece under supervision of Demi-urge, because, well... Demi-urge is not someone who is known for treating human subordinates all too well...

My point is that Enri and Nphrea (as well as Nemu) are the only prominent human characters in this series who seem like they might actually have a happy ending.

Neia might be used as a "Messiah" or "Matyr" or something at some point which might lead to her death, if Demi-urge deems it necessary.

Climb... will suffer from a BSOD as soon as he realizes the true nature of his "beloved princess", a bomb just waiting to explode.

Evil Eye caused a grudge to form between herself and a pleiades maid. She might be forgiven somehow... or she might not.
Old 2018-07-18, 10:23   Link #8330
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
While you are right, I think it's still much safer being a vital resource (and conversation partner) of Ainz than being a human chess-piece under supervision of Demi-urge, because, well... Demi-urge is not someone who is known for treating human subordinates all too well...
But a human-subordinate who is under Ainz's direct control obviously deserve a much better and more careful treatment than others
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
Old 2018-07-18, 10:28   Link #8331
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
But a human-subordinate who is under Ainz's direct control obviously deserve a much better and more careful treatment than others
We are talking about Demi-urge here though. Being a "matyr" or "messiah" who sacrifices themselves for the (future) religion of the great Ainz Owl Gown is something that Demi-urge would probably deem as the "greatest honor anyone can receive" and he might even feel slightly envious about. "Better treatment" certainly isn't equivalent to "safety" in this case.

Well, to be fair Ainz can just revive her again unless her body gets completely crushed or pulverized and she probably won't die in a situation where she is weak enough to get turned into ashes upon resurrection.
Old 2018-07-18, 11:47   Link #8332
tuckersister

Will Ainz ever be open to anyone?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 13:23   Link #8333
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
We are talking about Demi-urge here though. Being a "matyr" or "messiah" who sacrifices themselves for the (future) religion of the great Ainz Owl Gown is something that Demi-urge would probably deem as the "greatest honor anyone can receive" and he might even feel slightly envious about. "Better treatment" certainly isn't equivalent to "safety" in this case.

Well, to be fair Ainz can just revive her again unless her body gets completely crushed or pulverized and she probably won't die in a situation where she is weak enough to get turned into ashes upon resurrection.
I don't think Demiurge would dare break one of Ainz' toys without permission. Though of course, him asking permission could sound like "Ainz-sama, should I do the thing you already know I'm thinking about?".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 19:44   Link #8334
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:

the things is we had seen in several case that as long as a non-Nazarickian recieved Ainz's recognition, he/she will be treated fairly well(or at least without any life-threatening or harmful treatment)
Old 2018-07-18, 23:35   Link #8335
Snowbold

Quote:

My point is that Enri and Nphrea (as well as Nemu) are the only prominent human characters in this series who seem like they might actually have a happy ending.

Neia might be used as a "Messiah" or "Matyr" or something at some point which might lead to her death, if Demi-urge deems it necessary.

Climb... will suffer from a BSOD as soon as he realizes the true nature of his "beloved princess", a bomb just waiting to explode.

Evil Eye caused a grudge to form between herself and a pleiades maid. She might be forgiven somehow... or she might not.
I actually think Climb would recover and be okay with anything Renner does. Think about it, they imply that she had that smile and personality when she met Climb and changed it to suit his tastes. That doesn't mean he didn't love her then too, just that he loves her now like she is.

Evileye, huh? Short of being killed, the only way forward is to let Entoma kill her and take her voice and then resurrect her in order to fulfill an agenda later (depends on plot later on).

I agree with most above about the fates of Neia, Enri, Enfi, and Nemu (Plus Enri now has one of the strongest armies in the New World).

PS What is BSOD?
Old 2018-07-19, 00:11   Link #8336
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbold View Post
I actually think Climb would recover and be okay with anything Renner does. Think about it, they imply that she had that smile and personality when she met Climb and changed it to suit his tastes. That doesn't mean he didn't love her then too, just that he loves her now like she is.

Evileye, huh? Short of being killed, the only way forward is to let Entoma kill her and take her voice and then resurrect her in order to fulfill an agenda later (depends on plot later on).

I agree with most above about the fates of Neia, Enri, Enfi, and Nemu (Plus Enri now has one of the strongest armies in the New World).

PS What is BSOD?
"Blue Screen of Death" i assume
Old 2018-07-23, 09:16   Link #8337
Sixth
Hu Tao

Got it at 4chan.

Spoiler for Can Nazarick wins?:

Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 09:41   Link #8338
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Got it at 4chan.

Spoiler for Can Nazarick wins?:

Grasp Heart x3. FLAWLESS VICTORY
Old 2018-07-24, 10:50   Link #8339
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

With anime season 3 episode 3 I am reminded of the fact that Lupusregina Beta's sadistic remarks might probably be one of the greatest red herrings in the entire series. Her comments about anticipating the destruction of the village and then her comment about "Ainz's death" always end up being just outright wrong or misleading half-truths.
Old 2018-07-24, 11:08   Link #8340
pervypig

^ We got an official term for that: "Troll-rrings" - a dedicated term to describe the insane number of troll-red-herrings dropped by the "Troll-thor" in an attempt to mess with readers' brains while baiting them with more exciting stuff to come.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination