AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-10-13, 02:14   Link #421
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Can anybody tell me what is wrong with the advertisement for Guilty Crown on ANN today?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 05:09   Link #422
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Yeah, I saw it too, it's from FUNi site... damn slowpokes!
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 07:58   Link #423
Aru
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I just noticed this as her description

Ayase Shinomiya (篠宮綾瀬 Shinomiya Ayase?, voiced by: Kana Hanazawa) is a member of "Undertaker" also and is an operator of the humanoid robot Endrave. She is normally in a wheelchair.

How is one defined as being "normally" in a wheelchair?

I mean if your crippled then your stuck to the wheelchair regardless.
She's not in a wheelchair when she is piloting her mech?
Aru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 09:01   Link #424
Westlo
Lets be reality

I really like Ayase's design, redjuice delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Just from reading the thread though, I think people comparing this to Code Geass might be expecting a bit too much. CG has a decent plot (some might argue amazing), but the best hook is Lelouche's over the top fashion and personality. Shu doesn't seem to able to match up (even though the series has a chick in revealing dress, mecha, and even a potential fujoshi bait type of Gai <-- can't resist making a stupid pun) in the attention-grabbing-hero character trait. This sort of character design doesn't really seem to fit if he goes psycho or turn to the dark side.

The entire team is definitely above average, but i wish the Shu's personality is more vibrant in the PV, even when he goes all juiced up he still feels too much like a boy.
Yep, one of the biggest factors for Geass being as big as it was and an enjoyable ride for the most part was due to Lelouche. Shu from the trailers really doesn't compare at all.. also his power will certainly not have the insane plot twist capability of Geass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
snip
Blue-kun just to set things straight I'm not arguing about the visual quality of Fate/Zero just the "animation" level of the first episode. When you have people saying it's just like a high quality VN! thats kinda a backhanded compliment.... Also Episode 2 could have Sword of the Stranger level animation for all I care, irrelevant when comparing first episodes.

Anyway it's pointless to continue on, especially with Guilty Crown due to air within 3 hours of this post, after all we're just talking shit to pass time right lol.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 10:23   Link #425
nfsac

Well at least we can comment the episode today while the subs don't come out xD
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 10:36   Link #426
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aru View Post
She's not in a wheelchair when she is piloting her mech?
If that's the definition then most cripples aren't in a wheelchair when they're in the washroom, bathing, or sleeping...
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 13:43   Link #427
Kirarakim

Code Geass: The Sequel

Okay yeah the main character was different and the power isn't the same but it defintely felt like Code Geass right down to the "terrorism" and getting a power from some mysterious girl.

And unfortunately the main character is not quite as fabulous as Lelouch. That being said he definitely does have potential to grow. And I guess Gai will make up for that in the meantime. He was a pretty cool secondary character.

Overall besides great production values I don't see anything incredibly original here but it was entertaining enough.
Old 2011-10-13, 13:59   Link #428
Auria

The Funimation player is loading, but the video in it is not loading at all. I can understand it if I can't watch it if I'm outside the licenced region but it's not even displaying something like "This is not avaible in your country" o.O Anyone else having this problem?
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 14:04   Link #429
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
The Funimation player is loading, but the video in it is not loading at all. I can understand it if I can't watch it if I'm outside the licenced region but it's not even displaying something like "This is not avaible in your country" o.O Anyone else having this problem?
Same problem but I'm in Japan.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 14:16   Link #430
rawlove

official (no sub)
http://fod.fujitv.co.jp/s/genre/anim...001me113/down/
rawlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 14:31   Link #431
Iron21

Safe to say the music will be top notch. The soundtracks in this episode were great.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 14:40   Link #432
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Code Geass: The Sequel

Okay yeah the main character was different and the power isn't the same but it defintely felt like Code Geass right down to the "terrorism" and getting a power from some mysterious girl.
Ah ah true

I thini it was a good start. The song at the start was nice. The charcater are not bad. The one that I like the most is the girl with the blue hair. The hero is not bad but right now, he's just the typical shonen hero. The heroine seems interesting. Who is she really ? And of course what is this Guilty Crown ?

But yeah, it's true it really feels like Code Geass.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 14:50   Link #433
Iron21

I saw the episode and it really didn't feel like Code Geass to be honest.

It has elements that you tend to see in a lot of anime/manga really, not just CG.

I guess you can put me in the minority who doesn't feel the CG vibes from this anime. :shrugs
Old 2011-10-13, 14:55   Link #434
Jarmel

Is the Funimation stream actually working for people?
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 14:57   Link #435
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
It worked fine for me!

There could be an overload of people trying to watch it at the same time though.
Old 2011-10-13, 15:00   Link #436
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I thought it was a little bland, but that's mostly because they don't seem to be trying anything really radical in terms of the typical shonen male lead and moe damsel in distress female lead. Definitely Code Geass/Macross vibes minus Lelouch's and Sheryl's (hell, even Ranka's) confidence. I think playing it safe is likely going to make GC a good, but not great, mainstream hit.

There was also way more still shots in the action than I would have expected from Production IG, especially in the premiere episode. It's not going to take away from my enjoyment much (I mean, I really enjoyed Claymore, and that was the poster child of the still shot animation short cut for action scenes), but this is not going to be a Ghost in the Shell level of production values if episode one is anything to go by.

The rebel boss was sort of bad-ass, but someone should tell him if you're going to make a threat ("you're all dead"), you follow through with it or you're just a bag of hot air, no matter how Bishie your hair is.

I wonder if it's the wheel-chair girl in the one robot/mecha we saw on the rebel side. Hopefully not every girl ends up wearing cat ears (that just seemed really unnecessary on the one girl who is likely going to be the resident tsundere of the cast; tsundere is good, even with cat ears).

I do hope they come up with a somewhat sensible reason why Shu has to stick his hand into a rebel girl to use his powers gained from the shadow government's super top secret vial of kick-ass.

Still, the song was nice, and who can't get behind the oppressed Japanese as they fight back against the evil foreigners? Throw in genetic manipulation, shadow governments, violence, sexy outfits, and blood, and what's not to like? This will likely be my popcorn entertainment choice of the season.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2011-10-13 at 15:13.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 15:01   Link #437
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Yep, I'm watching it for a third time currently.
Old 2011-10-13, 15:11   Link #438
endarion88

just first episode and i already want the complete OST!
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 15:27   Link #439
Nerroth
NePoi!

This link works for me.

The first ep looks great, art-wise; the story seems to need a few more eps' worth to really get settled in, though.
Old 2011-10-13, 15:42   Link #440
Sides

Soundtrack and animation was good. I like the close combat fight scene, not sure if that was a show off of animation skills or just because. Don't care about story to be honest, as long as they keep the screen packed with action, then I am in.

Stream is working, had to use a ...., so it is region blocked.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig