AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 1 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 23.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 15.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 7.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 7.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-07-11, 20:45   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2016-07-11, 21:16   Link #2
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Wow the killing sure started quickly. Didn't get to learn much about the woman who got killed other than she was close to the other fellow who's the de-facto leader. It's gonna take a while to remember character names.

BTW it was really cool to see the cast of Danganronpa 2 as adults, even if they were their evil despair-filled selves, but we'll be seeing even more of their pre-despair selves in the other arc anyway.

I guess the only thing I'm wondering right now is who the person controlling Monokuma really is. Junko's dead and all the Despairs are off recuperating somewhere by themselves. My only guess right now is that it might be Monaka from Another Episode, but that seems too easy to me...

I also wonder why Byakuya and Toko aren't present for this one. Maybe because they had a somewhat large role in Another Episode and they didn't need more time in the limelight? Toko especially.

Last note, no more pink blood? Surprising since that seemed more like a stylistic choice.
Old 2016-07-11, 21:42   Link #3
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm just about to watch this and I'm confused...

SDR2 suggested that the survivors had at least reformed their ways when they escaped the machine. The only dubious ones are the victims who may or may not have woken up in the end. Now I have not seen the episode yet but with people suggesting that the Remnants of Despair are behind the events of the despair arc. Are you saying that the project failed and that the supposed memory wipe when they activated the failsafe reverted them to their despair selves?

The SDR2 epilogue suggested that at least Hajime knew of what they were and how they needed to change so if this is true then it is kinda odd.
Old 2016-07-11, 21:55   Link #4
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I believe we can assume the clips we saw of the Despairs in this episode are from before they were all captured by Future Foundation an placed into the Hope Restoration Program in the virtual world. In fact Makoto is placed under arrest by the higher ups at the Foundation this episode for doing exactly that because they would prefer to just outright kill the Despairs rather than do this rehabilitation process.

And the despair arc that starts on Thursday is actually a prequel to Danganronpa 2 that will detail how those characters came into contact with Junko, fell into despair and caused The Tragedy. I originally made a misconception about it too.
Old 2016-07-11, 23:50   Link #5
Brother Coa
Banned

Animation was good, good to see characters returning from original series.

But I am a little confused because I don;t know DR2 story or characters. But hopefully the anime will compensate that for me. I also assume that Hagakure will not be taking part in the game since he was outside when everything happened. Btwm where are Togami and Fukawa?

In the end, I expect nothing less than excellent and engaging storyline.
Old 2016-07-12, 00:12   Link #6
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress
^ Fukawa stayed behind with Naegi's sister per Despair Girls storyline. Togami on the other hand I'm not sure where he is, he isn't in the character roster so I'm guessing he's around somewhere helping out Fukawa.

Nice episode we had here, I guess we're really continuing from where DR2 had left off. But boy, another Junko controlling Monokuma or is this person using him could be a relative/family member of the Enoshima. Good to see the Remnants of Despair too! They're so cool. *^*

The OP theme had a lot of stuff too, I definitely saw Junko.

On the ep, Chisa's death was rushed, sort of. They gave her interactions with Naegi that for me, was really short. There wasn't any death flags or anything, it came as a surprise. (good work scriptwriters.) Munakata though looked somehow guilty after seeing her death. He might have been the one who killed her? o.o

And it was also revealed that Chisa is Class 77's homeroom teacher. The homeroom teacher of the Remnants of Despair. HIGHLY likely that she's involved in any of these, and I JUST hope her death isn't fake. We all know how manipulative Junko can be.

Can't wait for Despair-hen this Thursday, some prequel stuff, and we will finally know how Hinata and everyone became the Remnants.

Quote:
Are you saying that the project failed and that the supposed memory wipe when they activated the failsafe reverted them to their despair selves?
This too.

I have this fear that any of the surviving Remnants post-SDR2 are behind this. Or...definitely someone from Future Foundation.

and re: red blood, they thought it's finally becoming serious (and it's the end), they changed the color. xD
Old 2016-07-12, 00:51   Link #7
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ok personally the intro with the Remnants of Despair is likely a precapture flashback. It was probably confusing because we saw Saionji in her adult form which is still consistent with her precapture state. SDR2 does state that she is only a child in the simulation. Also the roster of the Remnants does not include Chiaki for obvious reasons.

On that end it seems very clear at this point that you will likely need SDR2 knowledge to get a clear grasp of this. The long haired guy in the roster in the bottom right corner is most definitely Hajime. On the side of FF while it is good that we'll finally get some story on their end it's also a bit unnerving how they're also made of Supers who are also quite... unhinged.

A very strong pilot for this arc. It is very possible that they'll do another Junko and let the first victim be the true perp. I personally hope it won't be the case though and I REALLY hope none of the reformed Remnants are behind it or it will destroy everything they tried to achieve in SDR2.

Since... you know... hope is all they got now and Makoto's got a lot of that lying around.

Let the final battle of hope and despair begin.
Old 2016-07-12, 01:44   Link #8
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Ok personally the intro with the Remnants of Despair is likely a precapture flashback.
Yea, it is as you said. I personally thought it was clear that this was the case. It is not really something that should be up for debate.
Old 2016-07-12, 07:21   Link #9
nfsac

Kirigiri is too cold again
Old 2016-07-12, 09:35   Link #10
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

may i know why is this season 3 when 2 isnt air? Or did i miss a season?
Old 2016-07-12, 10:53   Link #11
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
Most likely Danganronpa 2 is not getting Anime, so you may want to play game.
Old 2016-07-12, 11:42   Link #12
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

fun fact: the vocalist of TRUSTRICK who sing the ED is Kanda Sayaka, who plays Enoshima Junko in Danganronpa Theater

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2016-07-12, 14:10   Link #13
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
Quoting the creators, DR2 will not translate nicely into anime, while DR3 won't work as a game. So this is the result.
Old 2016-07-12, 17:57   Link #14
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Quoting the creators, DR2 will not translate nicely into anime, while DR3 won't work as a game. So this is the result.
Well... Guess I should start marathoning the game then

That was a sweet opening to the new series. They really didn't miss any time jumping into the despair.
Old 2016-07-12, 18:55   Link #15
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Without having played DR 2 (But DR 1)
I am certain DR 2 would make a nice anime. That is if no one adds unncessary clues instead of removing some to make it harder.

And my guess is that there were some hardcore spoilers in EP 1 of DR3 regarding the culprits of 2 too.

The absence of Togami here is kinda annoying me too, but k.

Regardless.
Spoiler for Theory:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-07-12 at 19:12.
Old 2016-07-12, 21:32   Link #16
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Without having played DR 2 (But DR 1)
I am certain DR 2 would make a nice anime. That is if no one adds unncessary clues instead of removing some to make it harder.

And my guess is that there were some hardcore spoilers in EP 1 of DR3 regarding the culprits of 2 too.

The absence of Togami here is kinda annoying me too, but k.

Regardless.
Spoiler for Theory:
And that theory again does not work due to SDR2. Which again is why DR3 presupposes the viewer knows the second game.
Old 2016-07-12, 23:50   Link #17
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And that theory again does not work due to SDR2. Which again is why DR3 presupposes the viewer knows the second game.
You don't need to know more than the overall plot - thats pretty much enough.
The theory works just fine, considering how there is literally no proof she actually died at all. Junko's Body was supposedly crushed, yes but it wouldn't be the first time she pulls something similar off.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-07-13, 00:40   Link #18
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Uh... SDR2 already had members of the Remnants of despair do their own "things" to her corpse including but not limited to worship, body part transplanting and at least one reference to necrophilia. You can't be deader than that.
Old 2016-07-13, 09:16   Link #19
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Lets move this to the general discussion - talking about the same thing on two ends makes no sense - as posted there a few moments ago; there is something wrong in the state of denmark regarding the existance of Junko's corpse.

Old 2016-07-13, 10:27   Link #20
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Pilot episode is somewhat fine, definitely better than I was expecting considering how screwed the first series was.

I'm a bit surprised that Makoto was that shocked that Junko might be "alive", considering he should know that Junko AI existed back in DR2, so seeing another backup is hardly surprising.