AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 12:19   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Thumbs up Hotel Transylvania (Dir: Genndy Tartakovsky)

Quote:
Hotel Transylvania is an upcoming computer-animated 3D comedy film produced by Sony Pictures Animation for Columbia Pictures and set to release on September 28, 2012. It is being directed by Genndy Tartakovsky, best known for his work on Cartoon Network's Samurai Jack, Dexter's Laboratory, and Sym-Bionic Titan, and produced by Michelle Murdocca. The film will feature the voices of Adam Sandler, Selena Gomez, Andy Samberg, Kevin James, Fran Drescher, Jon Lovitz, Cee Lo Green, Steve Buscemi, Molly Shannon and David Spade

Plot

Dracula (voiced by Adam Sandler), owner of Hotel Transylvania, a five-star resort for the world's monsters, invites some of the most famous monsters to celebrate his daughter Mavis' 118th birthday. Unexpectedly visited by Jonathan (voiced by Andy Samberg), an ordinary young traveler, Dracula must protect Mavis (voiced by Selena Gomez) from falling in love with him before it's too late.
http://www.welcometohotelt.com/

Genndy Tartakovsky is what attract me to this. i love all of his show. this also seem fantastic. love the bat girl one

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 13:06   Link #2
james0246

It looks cute. I don't know about Adam Sandler (his accent is a little too silly) or Adam Samberg (again with a silly accent), but Selena Gomez sounded good, so did the few other voices I heard. Animation definitely looks fun and the story is a little trite but potentially very cute. I'm definitely intrigued.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 15:24   Link #3
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

been waiting for more on this movie since it was announced. I'm a huge Genndy fan so I'm definitely looking forward to this, but not as much as a Samurai Jack movie (which he said he'd make eventually).

Anyways as much as i do like Adam Sandler i do agree his accent doesn't really seem to fit, not to mention I am getting annoyed by his presence in movies lately since he has been making/starring in some awful movies/roles. I kind of need a break from the dissapointment with him, although i'm sure I'll be able to bear him fine with this movie.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 22:51   Link #4
solomon

It sounds neat, but depends on how they handle it. As long as the script isn't TOO trite (it's going to be) it could be great fun.

I LOVE the visual design, and actually like Sandler here. Also the Spanish dubbed trailer sounds very good!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote