Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
not suprised psyren on the bottom 5. The latest chapters have been crap
I dropped that manga around a year ago.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 05:36   Link #942
ShiroiRyu

But all say : Psyren is the next generation of shonen.
No, the next generation of shonen is NnM, Beelzebub, etc, etc.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 07:17   Link #943
Iggy_Pop

Psyren is not the next generation of Jump. It is still a cult hit not a big hit. The big hits and next gen of jump are: Nurarihyon no Mago, Toriko, Beelzebub, Bakuman and possibly Kuroko no Basket
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 07:41   Link #944
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I definitely agree on Nurarihyon and Beelzebub. I thought Kuroko no Basket was at the risk of being dropped at one point?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 07:46   Link #945
Westlo
Lets be reality

I kept telling people to ignore TOC rankings and wait for tank sales.... here's some Amazon rankings posted on mangahelpers

Quote:
Akaboshi #1
Currently: 964th rank in Manga & Anime & BoysLove [Is it just me or is the third point sorta disturbing]

Nurarihyon no Mago #7
Currently: 232th

Katekyou Hitman Reborn! #26
Currently: 228th

Medaka Box #1
Currently: 187th

Bleach #41
Currently: 51st
Medaka is now upto #162... you would be silly to cancel something due to the TOC without seeing how it performs in tanks, it's not smart business sense if you only went by the TOC... D.Gray Man would've been canceled ages ago and it was... the 4th best selling title in WSJ when it was active. Like someone said on mangahelpers... Medaka has NisiOisin' name attached to it. It's a bigger promotion than some cover, I kept telling people in this thread that WSJ wasn't going to treat NisiOisin like he was some scrub just starting out.

Oh and amazon is generally a good indication.. Macross Frontier and K-ON! dominated the bluray charts and sold very well, best of 08 and 09 respectively.. Bakemonogatari's currently doing the same with all 6 volumes in the top 10 for Bluray.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 07:57   Link #946
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Amazon rankings are notorious for not being accurate, but in this case I to believe that Medaka first volume will sell well enough - one is the NisiOisin's name - one could even sell shit on a sick and it would sell well enough if you add big name to it, another reason first volume is actually decent enough by itself, first few chapters were pretty good and it has a good artwork to support it.

I don't think it will have many good sale on Volume 2 though. Even NisiOisin's name will not be able to cover the crap for ever.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 08:03   Link #947
Westlo
Lets be reality

So you've gone from it's about to "get cut sooner or later" to it's going to sell well? Which one is it man? lol? You don't cut something that sales well, if they run their business like that they would be losing money. I mean sure if there's a drop off from sales in Vol 1 to Vol 2 (which can easily happen) and its still performing shit in the TOC than it's gone.. but wouldn't a Vol 2 be a few months off?

What chapters would the first volume cover anyway? First 8? And I expect a really good cover for this which can pull in more sales since the artwork is actually pretty good... it's more NisiOisin's fault this is not living up to what it could've been.
Old 2009-09-26, 08:19   Link #948
ShiroiRyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
Psyren is not the next generation of Jump. It is still a cult hit not a big hit. The big hits and next gen of jump are: Nurarihyon no Mago, Toriko, Beelzebub, Bakuman and possibly Kuroko no Basket
HUM !
I don't know Kuroko...
But the others... I'm okay with you !
Toriko is one of the best shonen with food i know.
YEY for killing monsters !
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 08:52   Link #949
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
So you've gone from it's about to "get cut sooner or later" to it's going to sell well? Which one is it man? lol? You don't cut something that sales well, if they run their business like that they would be losing money. I mean sure if there's a drop off from sales in Vol 1 to Vol 2 (which can easily happen) and its still performing shit in the TOC than it's gone.. but wouldn't a Vol 2 be a few months off?

What chapters would the first volume cover anyway? First 8? And I expect a really good cover for this which can pull in more sales since the artwork is actually pretty good... it's more NisiOisin's fault this is not living up to what it could've been.
It will get cut. For me it is no doubt. I am just saying that it is understandable if one volume sells well, IF it will sell well (good sales are sill not given so far). Are you able to comprehend that?

I think it will be made from first 7-8 chapters. Usually it is 7 chapters.

And I do agree with you that the artwork is rather strong.
Old 2009-09-26, 10:58   Link #950
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
It will get cut. For me it is no doubt. I am just saying that it is understandable if one volume sells well, IF it will sell well (good sales are sill not given so far). Are you able to comprehend that?
FFS dude reread what you type.

Quote:
but in this case I to believe that Medaka first volume will sell well enough
Don't come with some "if" bullshit because I called you out for being a hypocrite, the last few pages this was all getting canceled anytime now according to you, than it's going to sell well and get canceled after vol 2, now it's if it sells well. You're all over the place, make your fing mind up. That or you forgot to say IF in the firstplace which makes you look like a dumbass for being condescending about something you forgot. We aren't mindreaders.
Old 2009-09-26, 11:41   Link #951
Darknemo2000

And I call you a idiot for not able to realize what I m saying - I still hold my position that it will be cut, yet after the unexpected cut of TLR it got much more breathing space, arguing against which would be pointless, after that I never said that it will be cut soon, just said it will still be cut sooner or later.

I never said it will have low sales - I said that high sales are unlikely, but I can imagine it happening because of the points I listed above, yet it won't be able to cover this crap for ever.

I see no reason to watch carefully what I type because you are pretty much incapable of reading carefully anyway.
Old 2009-09-26, 12:25   Link #952
Dark Mage

@westlo, it doesn't matter how much a manga sells if its crap, its crap and is bound to be cut sooner or later and in Medaka Box's case I would say its sooner rather than later.You tell us not to look at the weekly rankings but you forgt that sales ultimately depend on the popularity which has been going down for a while now and I think if you are clever enough you will be able to catch a drift when you need to
Old 2009-09-26, 12:50   Link #953
Jourdal

Raws out, and it's very strange...the few beginning pages are extremely wtf
Spoiler for Raw:
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 13:18   Link #954
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
I'm liking this chapter more already,

Spoiler for Medaka Box Chapter 20:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 13:35   Link #955
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jourdal View Post
Raws out, and it's very strange...the few beginning pages are extremely wtf
Spoiler for Raw:
Spoiler:

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2009-09-26 at 13:47.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 13:42   Link #956
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Medaka Box Chapter 20:
Old 2009-09-26, 14:03   Link #957
Dark Mage

@kurosu, but their powers are explained in most cases or they are superhuman, but Medaka is none of these, what exactly is her source of power,? Why are they battling against each other? With what purpose was the student council created? How come evryone in school takes it as if its all normal? Where will this manga go? Why isn't there any sort of bonding between characters? Where the fuck does the author get his stupid random ideas from? To make the manga more popular he doesn't go for the plot, he randomly pulls scenes out of his ass wher we get a girl-girl kiss, a 10-year old groping a 16 year-old freak highschool girl who is already oozing with killing aura when logic says that he should use his remainig strength for running or for fighting back but he acts perverted? Is this supposed to make us laugh? When the hell did this romantic love school life comedy turn into battle all of a sudden without giving any hints from before about why the hell they are fighting ach othr for? Oh right it will increase the sales and get a small number of die-hard fans.
Old 2009-09-26, 14:10   Link #958
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
@kurosu, but their powers are explained in most cases or they are superhuman, but Medaka is none of these, what exactly is her source of power,? Why are they battling against each other? With what purpose was the student council created? How come evryone in school takes it as if its all normal? Where will this manga go? Why isn't there any sort of bonding between characters? Where the fuck does the author get his stupid random ideas from? To make the manga more popular he doesn't go for the plot, he randomly pulls scenes out of his ass wher we get a girl-girl kiss, a 10-year old groping a 16 year-old freak highschool girl who is already oozing with killing aura when logic says that he should use his remainig strength for running or for fighting back but he acts perverted? Is this supposed to make us laugh? When the hell did this romantic love school life comedy turn into battle all of a sudden without giving any hints from before about why the hell they are fighting ach othr for? Oh right it will increase the sales and get a small number of die-hard fans.
I was kinda joking >.> but okay.
Old 2009-09-26, 14:34   Link #959
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I was kinda joking >.> but okay.
@Kurosu, never mind, I used pretty harsh words and for that I apologise but I just couldn't help it as Medaka Box is getting more ridiculous with each week and I still flick through the chapters hoping it will get better and hence my frustration
Old 2009-09-26, 14:49   Link #960
Johnny
Working the bags...

I fixed my frustration by simply not bothering with it anymore. I still the read the posts in this thread because it's more entertaining than the manga itself...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council