AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-14, 17:43   Link #1
caliel

bleach fan recommendation please

can someone recommend a manga for me please the only series ive read is bleach (which i loved).
Old 2006-03-14, 18:08   Link #2
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliel
can someone recommend a manga for me please the only series ive read is bleach (which i loved).
If you like Bleach then try something like Naruto. Or Zetman, or 666. No links sorry, tis against ze rulz.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2006-03-14, 18:18   Link #3
caliel

thanks! i watched naruto on new years eve when cartoon network had a marathon but i wasnt to interested in it. ive never heard of zetman can you tell me what its about? 666 satan? ill check it out thank you!
Old 2006-03-14, 18:36   Link #4
Renesis-C
Senior Member...?

Try Full Metal Alchemist.
Old 2006-03-14, 20:30   Link #5
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

One Piece!
Old 2006-03-15, 00:16   Link #6
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
You'll probably like most of the "shounen"-type mangas (i,.e, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece).

Some other manga to try:

Black Cat
Houshin Engi
Basilisk
Old 2006-03-15, 08:33   Link #7
miaka

I second with Black Cat
If you enjoy Bleach type of manga you might also enjoy Hunter x Hunter and YuYu Hakusho, violinist of Hameln
Old 2006-03-15, 17:48   Link #8
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Hm, maybe try DBZ? Or even Rurouni Kenshin might be a good choice, though they're quite old.
And yeah, definetly try YuYu Hakusho. It's one of my favorites on the genre.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-03-15, 18:33   Link #9
caliel

thank you all for your suggestions!!! so far ive checked out satan 666 (i liked it so thanks shay) i decided to give Naruto a try i download some chapters but havnt read them yet (i hope he doesnt say believe it on every page when i was watching the anime that annoyed me so much). black cat and YuYu Hakusho are anime's right? if so what language? (i hate reading subtitles) thanks again everyone
Old 2006-03-15, 18:35   Link #10
jedinat

Rurouni Kenshin is the only shounen manga I've been able to read through to it's entirety. The rest have lost my interest after a few volumes. So... check it out?
Old 2006-03-15, 19:34   Link #11
Imazul

Hunter x Hunter, it's the best stuff for shounen fans (ok, that's my opinion).
Old 2006-03-15, 20:47   Link #12
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliel
thank you all for your suggestions!!! so far ive checked out satan 666 (i liked it so thanks shay) i decided to give Naruto a try i download some chapters but havnt read them yet (i hope he doesnt say believe it on every page when i was watching the anime that annoyed me so much). black cat and YuYu Hakusho are anime's right? if so what language? (i hate reading subtitles) thanks again everyone
No, Naruto does not say that. "Dattebayo" maybe.... However, If you are reading Naruot manga from the start then you are in for a real treat. BTW, Naruto and 666 are both done by the Kishimoto brothers. Twins lol.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2006-04-17, 21:34   Link #13
cheez rocks
Junior Otaku

I love bleach, and if you you like it, I recommend full metal alchemist (licensed) And Ragnarok the animation got pretty good action towards the end (it's on anime suki)
Old 2006-04-18, 08:23   Link #14
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
The Fullmetal Alchemist manga would probably be a good recommendation. The Naruto manga is also a decent read, at least for the first few volumes.
Old 2006-04-18, 09:02   Link #15
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

One Piece - It's the holy grail of shounen, in my opinion. Argubly the greatest blend of comedy, action and drama.

Dragon Ball - Speaks for itself.

Naruto - It's a fun read.

Full Metal Alchemist - Read above.

Gash Bell - Simple battle royal type of shounen. It has it's own quirky moments, and it may appeal to shounen fans.

Hunter x Hunter - Amazing shounen manga. Great balance of a unique world along with interesting characters. From vol 19 onwards, read the tankoubon releases if you can't stand drop in art quality.

Dragon Quest : Dai no Daibouken - Easily the dark horse of shounen, which was sadly released around the same time as Dragon Ball, thus causing it to go relatively unknown. Great character development, immersing story for an RPG type manga, easily the best RPG manga ever.

Black Cat - Simple shounen. Nothing outstanding, but great art and a nice progression.

Beet the Vandel Buster - Typical medieval adventure shounen.

Devil and Devil - Angel and Demons battle shounen. Pure shounen-ism.

There's also MAR, Flame of Recca, Ghost Sweeper Mikami, Guyver, Houshin Engi, Inuyasha, Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, Kotaro Makaritoru, Yu Yu Hakusho, Kekkaishi, Project ARMS, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Sakura Taisen, Jesus the Assassin(sp?), Saiyuki, Saint Seiya, Rorouni Kenshin, Busou Renkin, Shaman King, Star Ocean among others.

Stuff that aren't exactly like Bleach in terms of shounen-ism but should interest you are like Mahou Sensei Negima, Reborn, Yakitate Japan, Eyeshield 21,etc.
Closed Thread