AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-09-12, 20:41   Link #9361
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

That's a pretty cool video.

Oh wow, Metzen retiring? Wonder what that means for the games story in the future.

Yeah, here is a post from him too.
Old 2016-09-16, 04:35   Link #9362
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well one thing, it always seems like there is something to do. I can could out questing for hours and their will still be quests to do.

Maybe that will change later on, but I imagine they'll add more as the patches come out.

I like that there is a bunch of story this time around. Nearly everything seems to do something or mean something.
Old 2016-10-04, 22:34   Link #9363
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Been able to get mythic +7 done within the time limit in Court of Stars. Grown quite fond of that instance. If you do it with people you know and voice chat with, a 2 chest run is very attainable. Eye of Azshara is punishing in comparison. Overlapping pays make Darkheart Thicket painful. Arcway trash is utterly harsh. Neltharion's Lair is easy.

World bosses, world quest caches, weekly chests and mythic+ chests continue to troll me. Nearly all the people I roll with have 2 legendaries while I'm still trying to get my first.
Old 2016-10-05, 19:34   Link #9364
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well there was (is still?) a bug that increased your chance to get a Legendary if you already had a Legendary.
Old 2016-10-05, 23:33   Link #9365
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Would love to do mythic+, or even more mythic runs in general, but I work odd hours and can't be there at guild runs.

I've done the latter half of the normal raid though, Xavius was actually pretty easy.
It's frustrating that I find it hard to join pugs (mythics or raid) even when my gear is 851 and have normal raid completion achieve, simply because I play a hunter.
Old 2016-10-06, 00:04   Link #9366
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Why? Hunter dps is amazing in mythic+ runs. Raid, still decent. Although Rogue, Priest and Demon Hunter are utterly crazy. When every Fire Mage loot piece has to be crtcrt and ideally haste after that, but 90% of loot is mastery/ version, I fund it hard to compete since 51% critical strike is still not enough. I'm still welcome to mythic runs and heroicaiding be I respect fight mechanics, survive more than most people and I do focus on silence/cc to enable the higher dps to keep going. Hopefully my luck changes soon.
Old 2016-10-06, 04:04   Link #9367
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Stull running as a Destro warlock. Not done Mythics yet. Just doing World Quests and questing/rep grinding in Suramar. Working on Exalted. I do like that it seems no matter were I go to do a world quest I'll find quests to do as well while at some point and still be doing stuff for a few hours without really getting bored. About the only Rep stuff I don't care for is the Kirin Tor puzzle quests, but I'm exalted with them from way back anyway.

(I sort of took a week break from playing)

Haven't done the last few dungeons yet as I've just get the quests for them in Suramar. Did the Dire Brew stuff again, but all by trinkets are better than those old things even with the ilvl increase. I was hoping maybe they'd have a new yearly mug or something, but I don't think so. I did you my green mug to get drunk enough to find the creatures. And some black coffee to sober up so I could fly back to Ironforge from Stormwind without being annoyed by flying in every direction in three dimensions except forward.
Old 2016-10-06, 19:40   Link #9368
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Has anyone got past Mythic+5 with either Sanguine or that first affix? lol unfortunately me and my guild buddy could only get past the 4th but not 5.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-06, 22:55   Link #9369
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Why? Hunter dps is amazing in mythic+ runs. Raid, still decent. Although Rogue, Priest and Demon Hunter are utterly crazy. When every Fire Mage loot piece has to be crtcrt and ideally haste after that, but 90% of loot is mastery/ version, I fund it hard to compete since 51% critical strike is still not enough. I'm still welcome to mythic runs and heroicaiding be I respect fight mechanics, survive more than most people and I do focus on silence/cc to enable the higher dps to keep going. Hopefully my luck changes soon.
It's not the performance, it's the class stereotype that stigmatize PuG selection.

Fortunately I have a great guild who are all too willing to help out. Just cleared Mythic +5 today with full guild group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Has anyone got past Mythic+5 with either Sanguine or that first affix? lol unfortunately me and my guild buddy could only get past the 4th but not 5.
We did today (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aohige/simple see the cloak ) but I don't remember what affix combination we had. We actually beat the last boss with 3 seconds left on the timer so it was VERY close.
Old 2016-10-06, 23:17   Link #9370
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I've cleared Court of Stars on Mythic 7 in around 22 minutes. Composition was Prot Paladin/Holy Priest/Havoc Demon Hunter/Beast Master Hunter/Fire Mage. Affixes were the ones that prevent around half a million healing and the one where you can't kill too many trash mobs next to each other, from memory.

If you want to clear Court of Stars in under 25 mins, try the following:

- Get the 4 people without the keystone onto the boats. When all 4 are on the boats, keystone person starts the run. The other 4 will be at the pier next to the first mob by the time the starting timer commences.
- Take the shortcut through the water after the first building aka don't fight the first construct. Nuke the two scouts before they get near the pack on the right.
- Deactivate the first sentry structure. Kill first construct on the next bridge. Silence/stun the construct healing as much as possible.
- Avoid the next sentry in the building on the left and hug the right wall.
- After the next pack is down, tank activates the poison and pulls Gerdo. You will have to fight three scouts but a geared group should handle it fine. Warp/Heroism is essential to stay on a 2 chest time.
- Clear the area to the fire chick in a Y-shape. If you kill 4 Enforcers, the trash around it should get you to 100% for the trash requirement.
- Fight the fire chick in the domed area and remember to stack and spread as required.
- For finding the spy, get all of the group to go to different rumomongerers to save time.
- Warp/Heroism for the final guy. Avoid as much aoe damage as possible. A geared group should burn this guy very quickly.
- Enjoy your chests.
Old 2016-10-08, 04:29   Link #9371
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ever sit someplace in WoW, doing something for one profession that uses another profession, and after doing it for ten minutes or more notice something and wonder, "why an I not getting any increase to my skill while I'd doing this? Even if I have something that is suppose to give be free skill points." Than realize you didn't buy the upgraded skill for the present expansion as it slipped you mind?

That happened twice tonight. First with fishing as I was fishing up regents for an engineering quest, noticed I wasn't getting any indication of skill increase...looked...oops...700 max. While looking noticed I hadn't gotten the cooking over 700 max either while still having Niomi cooking burnt food stuffs. Back to Dalaran to put down some gold for Legion secondary skills......

--Sigh--
Old 2016-10-08, 22:48   Link #9372
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Downed Xavius on Heroic Mode overnight. Nice to be able to have the Ahead of the Curve achievement, but I'm getting really sick of not winning any loot. I spent 6 seals this week on bonus rolls, did Normal and Heroic EN full clear, had a Mythic 7 weekly chest, did nearly 10 Mythic+ runs, did the world boss and every daily world quest cache. I got nothing...and I've fallen to the bottom end of the damage meters since everyone else is getting upgrades. If I don't get something soon, I won't be allowed into Mythic EN runs. I saw one guy in our guild get his 3rd legendary from Heroic spider bitch. I still haven't seen my first....
Old 2016-10-10, 09:10   Link #9373
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

So, I decided to wait a bit on this for the initial release hype to die down, but it seems like now is a decent time to ask:

Is this expansion worth it for someone who has no intention of raiding ever?

I had a decent amount of fun leveling in WoD but once that was done with I found myself with nothing to do very quickly. Does this remedy any of that?
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 09:52   Link #9374
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
So, I decided to wait a bit on this for the initial release hype to die down, but it seems like now is a decent time to ask:

I had a decent amount of fun leveling in WoD but once that was done with I found myself with nothing to do very quickly. Does this remedy any of that?
World quests, Mythic+ gear being on par with raiding gear, very long storylines (particularly Suramar), legendaries being obtainable from many sources, getting a permanent weapon from the start. There is plenty to do at 110. And really, for the sake of completing certain things, you can easily pug a raid once for kill credits.
Old 2016-10-10, 10:12   Link #9375
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
World quests, Mythic+ gear being on par with raiding gear, very long storylines (particularly Suramar), legendaries being obtainable from many sources, getting a permanent weapon from the start. There is plenty to do at 110. And really, for the sake of completing certain things, you can easily pug a raid once for kill credits.
Are the world quests like the ones in Guild Wars 2 where you just have a massive group of players zerging down a "boss" that can't actually kill you or is there more to them?

Long storylines sounds good. Is there any challenging solo content besides Brawler's Guild this time around? (I know this is a multiplayer game and am not demanding they cater to the solo demographic like many do, just curious if there is anything like this as it would be a nice bonus).
Old 2016-10-10, 11:37   Link #9376
Jaden

Quote:
Are the world quests like the ones in Guild Wars 2 where you just have a massive group of players zerging down a "boss" that can't actually kill you or is there more to them?

Long storylines sounds good. Is there any challenging solo content besides Brawler's Guild this time around? (I know this is a multiplayer game and am not demanding they cater to the solo demographic like many do, just curious if there is anything like this as it would be a nice bonus).
Some of the world quests are like that, and most are pretty easy. It's basically the replacement to daily quests that's deeper and more dynamic.

There's certainly more solo content than in previous expansions, and some of it is challenging until you learn the ropes, such as the repeatable scenario where you lead a small army of troops to clear and loot a dungeon, or the Assassin's Creed-esque stuff in Suramar. It's not enough to carry the game though.

You'll want to at least put groups together for mythic+ if not raiding, otherwise the game won't hold you for more than a month or so. Blizzard have said they'll be more diligent with content patches, but that remains to be seen.
Old 2016-10-10, 13:16   Link #9377
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Some of the world quests are like that, and most are pretty easy. It's basically the replacement to daily quests that's deeper and more dynamic.

There's certainly more solo content than in previous expansions, and some of it is challenging until you learn the ropes, such as the repeatable scenario where you lead a small army of troops to clear and loot a dungeon, or the Assassin's Creed-esque stuff in Suramar. It's not enough to carry the game though.

You'll want to at least put groups together for mythic+ if not raiding, otherwise the game won't hold you for more than a month or so. Blizzard have said they'll be more diligent with content patches, but that remains to be seen.
Thanks, this was pretty much the reality check I needed. The nostalgia bug still bites hard sometimes even though I know this is a genre I'm no longer willing to dedicate the required time to.
Old 2016-10-10, 14:17   Link #9378
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I have found I can wonder around doing world quests, rep quests, professions quests, and still run into regular quests in out of the way spots that were not on the main storylines, and do that for hours without noticing the passage of time. And that's without doing any dungeons. Eventually you'll need to do them for the stories, and the quest chain for your order hall and/or artifact weapon eventually requires you to run Mythics, but then so does everyone else.

Because there are so many quests that can lead you into the dungeons, queue times are sort of short for specific dungeons. There are world quests that also have you kill a rare or a boss inside, or to get a thing in there, than kill the end boss, so you can't just loot and go.

That I have professions quests again, and not just a few of them, I find sort of amazing. Having class quests again seems special, even though half the other classes are also on what is more or less the same quest for different reasons.

There are very few things I don't like right now. The largest is the removal of the glyphs. Not because of their removal, but because it took away one of the perks I liked being a warlock. I use to have a minor glyph so my dreadstead could walk on water with flames slipping across the waves. Now I needed to go back to Pandaria to buy a water walker for 4,000 gold. (or cheaper if you are honored with Nat out there). Or get a bunch of water walking potions. Also still can't find a way to get a transmog for a sombrero.

I did find out, eventually, that you can select one of your own flying mounts that will be used from some of the flight points (from Dalaran for instance) so you can personalize your ride a bit even if you cannot fly in the Broken Isles.

There is also a lot more little stuff in the game that can be amusing. Random NPC converasions, different voice acting, sometimes some NPCs will do different emots for you (their is one that will fist bump you for example). Storylines that don't follow the older Blizzard storytelling tropes and twists they use to throw all the time. They have adapted so they can surprise the players from time to time. The phasing is getting very good where you can have a area that has multiple phases depending not only on when you are in a questline, but also can change for various world quests and events. Also a lot of random culture references. Some more subtitle than others. They put a lot of work into this expansion.

A lot of world quests are solo missions, but others can be just helpful to run with people. Some are PVP, some are profession based. Some are world bosses, though more likely it is a rare than one of those. Some are clear out an area of whatever. Some are help honor a fallen hero. Some are puzzles even. Not everything is kill X for Y materials to get Z gold. Some World Quests net you crafting materials and skills. Other Artifact point for your weapon. Some resources for your Class hall. Some get you heirloom or battle.net account gear. Some get you higher ilvl gear. And some just get you rep bonuses.
Old 2016-10-11, 21:59   Link #9379
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

Does "no raiding ever" include Raid Finder?
If you don't mind doing the super easy loot pinata LFR then go for it.

To be honest, it's actually the raiders that quickly gets into finding nothing to do, rather than non-raiders.
World Quest rewards quickly become meaningless once you're raid geared, and end up just doing the daily emissary cache in hopes for a legendary drop.
Heroics and normal Mythics also doesn't really reward us anything, and the only progression becomes mythic+.

Non-raiders on the other hand, WQ and Mythic runs stay relevant for a longer period.

EDIT: Oh wow, this week's M+ includes both Teeming and Skittish. Dungeon full of extra mobs that ignore threat. LOVELY. Can't wait till I get my keystone depleted /s

Last edited by aohige; 2016-10-11 at 22:44.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-25, 17:58   Link #9380
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

7.1 is live. Trials of Valor and Return to Karazhan are in, amongst other things, including all the easier professions mats access and alts getting instant World Quest access at 110.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows