Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-16, 23:52   Link #1501
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Actually it does seems each manga is supposed to cater to different fanbases. For instance, Episode 0 seems more like a shoujo, while the one you mentioned more of shounen. I do even remember someone mentioning it before that was planned by that top guy on the AKB group trying to reach all kinds of audiences?
Except that so far there is no attempt to reach the DVD watching audiences. To some of the Aniota, the ticket pieces are a waste of time for them since they don't like AKB48. If they want to get the Aniota crowd, it would have been an excessive fanservice series with panty shots, steam covered nudity and some ambigous white fluid on top.

Akimoto doesn't want his anime associated with the same crowd who waits for the latest LN adaptation.
Old 2012-06-16, 23:57   Link #1502
Undertaker

River is great, that reminds me, I just saw clip from their 2010 秋祭り in Tokyo. They are outdoor and it's pouring and they performing 5 songs medley from including River and it looks great.

I try to see if I can import the DVD Box but can't find it anywhere.

I'll see if I can post the in the AKB thread tomorrow because I need to go to bed now, early day tomorrow morning.

I'll need to start catching up on the spin-off as well, it's got 4-spin-off right? I've only seen one right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Except that so far there is no attempt to reach the DVD watching audiences. To some of the Aniota, the ticket pieces are a waste of time for them since they don't like AKB48. If they want to get the Aniota crowd, it would have been an excessive fanservice series with panty shots, steam covered nudity and some ambigous white fluid on top.

Akimoto doesn't want his anime associated with the same crowd who waits for the latest LN adaptation.

That's not really the issue though, besides where is this Aniota crowd don't like AKB coming from?

The group's core fanbase and earliest fans are the Akibahara crowd and hardcore otakus, the question is after their booming success in past 2-3 years allows them to keep that crowd or is that crowd moving on to SKE based on the result of the 4th election.

Besides, in case you didn't know they are still the only idols around (who sings and are Japanese) that are releasing swimsuit singles every summer even though with their fame right now they don't really need to use that move anymore. (that and hand-shake events and the daily stages...)

But really, who ever said those people are fan-service chasers? That's the same group that made Idol Master or any other anime including Code Geass or Kaliedo Stars and the likes hits.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-06-17 at 00:12.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 05:50   Link #1503
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

In all honesty, I have to admit that the only reason I watched the River PV initially was because I was geeking over the hardware, specifically the Rescue Wing helo the Team B girls were getting into.

Given how the thing was portrayed, I kinda got the impression of Team A and K on an exercise and getting seriously lost, with Team B providing the Rescue Wing pilots and medics to go look for them. Also I'm pretty sure that helo is more oriented towards CSAR than the other Rescue Wing birds that are painted with high visibility white and yellow... sorry.

That said, it's a really catchy song. And encouraging, which is always useful/good.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 08:41   Link #1504
chaosprophet

Quote:

Exaggerated fanservice and even more on the bds release is a what to sell more bds, but on the sense where "this is a weak show, so we wouldn't sell much anyway, lets sell a bit more with the extra fanservice". If you pay attention to BD sales numbers through the season, the heavy fanservice ones don't tend to do that well.

Anyway, the AKB0048 BDs also have their marketing appeals besides that ticket. There will be some extra 4 mins of so for the episode, which I would guess will likely be longer concert scenes. The first BD has an really low price even for just one episode, and comes with the box for you to put all the volumes, being an incentive for people to buy the rest.
Old 2012-06-17, 09:28   Link #1505
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Old 2012-06-17, 09:29   Link #1506
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I just watched some parts of episode 8 during its livestream and :
Spoiler for Episode 8:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 09:33   Link #1507
Raiga
tl;dr

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Old 2012-06-17, 09:51   Link #1508
Kazu-kun

Chieri was too cute this episode. She got little screen time this time around, but what little she had, it highlighted how skilled and cute she is!

Spoiler for ep8:

Anyway, great episode all around. Next one will have the concert I take it. Looking forward to it.
Old 2012-06-17, 11:09   Link #1509
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
That's not really the issue though, besides where is this Aniota crowd don't like AKB coming from?

The group's core fanbase and earliest fans are the Akibahara crowd and hardcore otakus, the question is after their booming success in past 2-3 years allows them to keep that crowd or is that crowd moving on to SKE based on the result of the 4th election.

Besides, in case you didn't know they are still the only idols around (who sings and are Japanese) that are releasing swimsuit singles every summer even though with their fame right now they don't really need to use that move anymore. (that and hand-shake events and the daily stages...)

But really, who ever said those people are fan-service chasers? That's the same group that made Idol Master or any other anime including Code Geass or Kaliedo Stars and the likes hits.
2D lovers who don't like 3D like AKB? :|

anyway AKB isn't the only idol groups that do summer and fun on the beach in bikinis, it seem like the AVEX idol group SUPER☆GiRLS is doing that now as well.

Spoiler for ep 8:

oh and song inserts are all old songs from past ep..
The song 76th trainee was singing was Oogoe Diamond

Spoiler for song:

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-06-17 at 11:33.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 11:37   Link #1510
Kazu-kun

Damn Chieri just gets cuter and cuter with every episode!!

Old 2012-06-17, 11:43   Link #1511
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 8:
Dammit don't scare me like that!
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 11:43   Link #1512
sa547
*Author

Spoiler for Re: Stage 8:
Old 2012-06-17, 12:07   Link #1513
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Damn Chieri just gets cuter and cuter with every episode!!

Now that she has personally sorted out her personal devils with her worst fears she can rest somewhat easy for now.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:11   Link #1514
Kazu-kun

Quote:
she can rest somewhat easy for now.
But it's not like Chieri to "rest easy". She never takes things for granted so you can expect she's going to keep working as hard as she always has, if not even harder.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-06-17 at 14:14.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 12:44   Link #1515
sa547
*Author

And oh, I forgot something else...
Spoiler for What?:
Old 2012-06-17, 13:37   Link #1516
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep8:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 13:46   Link #1517
mochichan

Spoiler for ep 8:
Old 2012-06-17, 14:49   Link #1518
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Spoiler for ep 8:
Spoiler:
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 15:19   Link #1519
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for So:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2012-06-17 at 18:45. Reason: Switched with actual AA (didn't want to on mobile device)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 15:59   Link #1520
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for So:
Unless they create a new team which is a much more easier choice than mass replacing alot of girls. :\

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime