Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-07, 13:51   Link #4481
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post

As for Lelouch becoming akin to a God by his own will or not, I suppose he could be gien the option of reshaping the world. I have fears that he would die or have himself removed, though.
i fear that they will ahve the kind of X/1999 ending then ... =<
poor Kamui... reset button!

as long as we wont have another giant Rei floating around...
or him being dead after they reshape the world.. NOOOOOOOO! now i feel bad for saying this...
if it ends that way i'll have another Kamina depression for months =< meep
Old 2008-02-07, 13:55   Link #4482
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I hate the reset button, but as we seem to be doing that in some ways with the season 2 start, I don't fear that as much. I don't really think we hae much to fear of a NGE ending though.

I'll expect Lelouch to be alive with Nunnally and for things to generally seem alright. Whether lelouch ends up with a romantic interest or not I don't know, but I'd like it if he did.
Old 2008-02-08, 03:27   Link #4483
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Better res scans popped up. Dunno if somebody didn't post them already. Since they're of higher quality, I might as well repost them here. Courtesy of GameFAQs.

Newtype cover:
- http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?i...6089086lq2.jpg

All current Knights of Round:
- http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ews3499bb2.jpg

^ Left side of the double spread:
- http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?i...0392554rd7.jpg

Knights: Suzaku, Nonnette, Anya and the Knight of Twelve:
- http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?i...6405913ch1.jpg

The Knight of One, Knight of Ten and Gino (short-haired blondie):
- http://img116.imageshack.us/my.php?i...4714399mp8.jpg

Lee Xing Quo:
- http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?i...9176377ra1.jpg

The Emperor, Schneizel, Lloyd, Odysseus and two mechs: Mordred (the four hadron cannons-equipped fatso mech) and the Tristan (the transformable)
- http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?i...9563294nf0.jpg

The main cast of R2:
- http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?i...4819508zn4.jpg

Rollo + promo for 'Lost Colors'
- http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?i...4173375sh4.jpg

EDIT: ah, it looks like Densetsu Tsubasa already posted them in the Image thread.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-02-08 at 03:42.
Old 2008-02-08, 05:36   Link #4484
Isegrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The Emperor, Schneizel, Lloyd, Odysseus and two mechs: Mordred (the four hadron cannons-equipped fatso mech) and the Tristan (the transformable)
- http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?i...9563294nf0.jpg
Does the green box contain further information about the E.U.?
I'd be happy if someone could please translate this.
Old 2008-02-08, 12:15   Link #4485
Geass
~Power of the King~

Mordred and Tristan, interesting naming sense. Combined with the Lancelot (and possibly the Gawain), I wonder of the specially-named mechs were intended for the Knights of the Round, or if it was a result of Area 11's rebellion that they were given to them?
Old 2008-02-08, 12:22   Link #4486
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
Mordred and Tristan, interesting naming sense. Combined with the Lancelot (and possibly the Gawain), I wonder of the specially-named mechs were intended for the Knights of the Round, or if it was a result of Area 11's rebellion that they were given to them?
Seeing as there's about 50 knights of the round table, and that Lancelot and Gawain clearly weren't going to anyone in the Rounds, I think using round table names is just the Britannian classification method for 7th generation prototypes (just like the MP models use names of locations in the British commonwealth)

anyway, I'm hoping we'll see a Galahad to replace the Lancelot some time this season.
Old 2008-02-08, 12:32   Link #4487
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I guess it could be explained in two ways:

1. The development line for the Knightmares was unexpectedly broken on the cusp of the sixth generation, as engineers struggled to create a machine that was not only innovative but also operational and not too complicated. In the end, R&D was stunted and the sixth gen. was never introduced, which is why it is referred to as the 'missing generation'.

With people like Lloyd and Laksharta (when she was still on Britannia's side...and I have a feeling she was employed by the Ashford Foundation before it got shut down), R&D was jump-started anew and as a consequence, high-tech prototypes appeared hither and yon, such as the Lancelot, Gawain, etc. Since they're pretty much high-performance testbeds whose extraordinary technicity proved to be more of a shackle than a springboard (as pilots had trouble 'keeping up' with the Lancelot's abilities), it would be only logical they'd be given to aces and other Knights...as little to no mass-production 7th gen mechs have been rolled out so far (the Vincent being an exception, although it looks like it belongs to a Knight of Round, too). Also, since they make extensive use of sakuradite, I doubt they can be handed out to grunts without the smallest regard for costs and whatnot. It's a politicially safer decision to give them to capable hands rather than people with disposable lives.

2. One might consider the mechs bearing names as one-of-a-kinds for aces and Knights, while those fitted with location names are for grunts or mass-production. I guess the prestige behind those 'illustrious' names can only be entrusted to people of 'similar' social standing or high-ranking officers.
Old 2008-02-08, 12:45   Link #4488
ashlay
the red string of fate

actually...now that we have a direction to go in with new KMF names, any guesses on what this guy's going to be called?

Old 2008-02-08, 13:06   Link #4489
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, since the christening pattern revolves around the Knights of the Round Table and the old Arthurian lore, there are already a few possible names to keep an eye (and an ear!) on, such as:

- Bedivere
- Caradoc
- Galahad
- Lionel
- Maleagant
- Morholt
- Palamedes
- Percival
- Ywain (although it resembles Gawain too closely in pronunciation)

Or:

- Uther/Pendragon
- Merlin
- Lohengrin
- Morgana (but I doubt it as it seems only male names are elegible).

Note: I disregarded any name that might sound too barbaric/difficult to pronounce in Japanese or too obscure. I kept to the most famous and 'normal'.
Old 2008-02-08, 13:28   Link #4490
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
actually...now that we have a direction to go in with new KMF names, any guesses on what this guy's going to be called?

Not sure now, but could that maybe be the Knight of One's? Or would they want to save him going in battle for later so we can all be amazed?

I wonder if Lelouch's new KMF (you know he isn't going to stick with anything but one of the special one's eventually) will have a Round Table name.

I'd be surprised if we didn't se some KMF named Galahad.
Old 2008-02-08, 13:36   Link #4491
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

It might also belong to the Knight of Twelve (the blonde girl) or the Knight of Nine (the green-haired woman). If the Knight of One (rumored to be the mightiest of all) is that strong and is held by the Emperor as a trump card, then there would be no point in leaking his mech's picture that soon...unless we see him in action early in the show. But according to the scans there is an aura of mystery floating around him, so he might be held back until the series finale for a final showdown.
Old 2008-02-08, 13:41   Link #4492
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
I hate the reset button, but as we seem to be doing that in some ways with the season 2 start, I don't fear that as much. I don't really think we hae much to fear of a NGE ending though.

I'll expect Lelouch to be alive with Nunnally and for things to generally seem alright. Whether lelouch ends up with a romantic interest or not I don't know, but I'd like it if he did.
If that's the case I want to know who was shot during the end of 25? We already know Lelouch, Suzaku, and Kallen are all alive and well. However, I have yet to see Nunnally in any of the preview trailers and in only one of the preview pictures of her ghost like image from this scan.

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?i...4819508zn4.jpg
Old 2008-02-08, 13:44   Link #4493
Darksage12
Vampire smartass

Quote:
Not sure now, but could that maybe be the Knight of One's? Or would they want to save him going in battle for later so we can all be amazed?

I wonder if Lelouch's new KMF (you know he isn't going to stick with anything but one of the special one's eventually) will have a Round Table name.

I'd be surprised if we didn't se some KMF named Galahad.
I'd be surprised if we didn't see a KMF called Merlin.
Old 2008-02-08, 13:47   Link #4494
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

25, Blue_Mercy, 25.

For Nunnally, we don't know squat about her whereabouts and status, except that she was most likely whisked away by V.V. to some remote place. Speculations often cite the World of C. but with her new attire there's some concern about her being sheltered/kept hostage by the Emperor himself.

The only thing the staff (or Fake Okouchi, I can't remember precisely) deigned to tell us was that she was in an 'interesting place'. Very evasive.

As for the shot, well, either no one was hit or Lelouch got hit and the injury caused the reportedly unsettling circumstances/settings for the beginning of R2.

If there is a Merlin KF, then I expect it to be an electronic warfare mech rather than a combat unit. So far they've used names of knights and historical warriors, so...
Old 2008-02-08, 13:53   Link #4495
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
It might also belong to the Knight of Twelve (the blonde girl) or the Knight of Nine (the green-haired woman). If the Knight of One (rumored to be the mightiest of all) is that strong and is held by the Emperor as a trump card, then there would be no point in leaking his mech's picture that soon...unless we see him in action early in the show. But according to the scans there is an aura of mystery floating around him, so he might be held back until the series finale for a final showdown.
That was what I figured. I can only imagine what it will be like when he shows off his skills in the show. They might hshow him taking care of an entire army by himself. I am rather curious as to what sort of KMF he would have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
If that's the case I want to know who was shot during the end of 25? We already know Lelouch, Suzaku, and Kallen are all alive and well. However, I have yet to see Nunnally in any of the preview trailers and in only one of the preview pictures of her ghost like image from this scan.

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?i...4819508zn4.jpg
I'd say Lelouch probably got shot, hence him (as Zero) being listed as dead. I doubt that Suzaku would tell his superiors that Zero was dead unless he was sure. That just leaves how Lelouch would have survived and what Kallen did the whole time. I think the lack on info on Kallen is because any of the info on her would probably lead to what happened in the cave being revealed.

Nunnally is supposed to be someplace surprising. I have no idea really, but I think she is with Britannia in any case.

On another note, I think that Lee (depending on how he acts) may join the OotBK and start winning people over to him rather than Zero. The info about him certainly makes him seem as if he has all the charisma and intelligence Lelouch has, as well as excellant combat skills. On top of that, he isn't hiding his identity and didn't leave them behind like Lelouch did (though we know Lelouch couldn't really have stayed given the situation).
Old 2008-02-08, 13:54   Link #4496
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
25, Blue_Mercy, 25.
Yeah, I edited that a couple minutes after.
Old 2008-02-08, 13:59   Link #4497
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

one thing that caught my eye was that the official site still states Zero with the ID unknown while Lelouch's head is popped ont he page with his perma geass..
however the normal Lelouch int he character list still has no perma geass and has the normal identity...
gawd i hope they got split
Old 2008-02-08, 14:00   Link #4498
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The split thing would be very confusing though. If that is the case I hope that they get restored soon enough.
Old 2008-02-08, 14:05   Link #4499
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The staff already hinted that C.C.'s kiss wasn't all that innocent...so I guess the seeds of his predicament in R2 would find their roots (okay, bad wording here...) in that much-discussed gesture.

And...since C.C. is already well-known for her mind-messing power...well, need I even expound it? ;D
Old 2008-02-08, 14:20   Link #4500
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

evil C.C. =3 he he

but i was thinking as to why there could be 2 Lelouch's after C.C.'s kiss
though the splitting must have happened after the two faced each other or during the face off... with the whole Lelouch! Suzaku! bla..
but as i was thinkign maybe it was to survive.. to make sure Lelouch stays alive by splitting him up (?) so he can full fill the contract (maybe because she si certain that he will succeed if he's not dead..), with his memory gone it would make sense that she looks for him again to restore his memories by forcing the two into one...
or there is one Lelouch but his powers and memories have been sealed by C.C. through the kiss though it takes effect later (when she initiates it probably) and later on she goes to look for him again to do as i said before, unseal his powers and his memories
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers