AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 54 13.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 5.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 5.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 6.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 16 4.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 1.81%
1 out of 10 : Painful 196 50.78%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-10, 02:44   Link #481
Arrnea
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I have watched a whopping total of 2 Haruhi episodes (not counting Haruhi-Chan, and that other online show which I watched quite a few episodes).

I never watched anymore because I saw how obsessed the fanbase was, and frankly it scared me. It was like some pagan ritual from the bronze age, I kept on waiting for someone to do a human sacrifice using a Wicker Man.
If you've only watched 2 Haruhi episodes, then I for one cannot come up with a reason as to why you're watching Endless Eight at all.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:44   Link #482
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

Quote:
I have watched a whopping total of 2 Haruhi episodes (not counting Haruhi-Chan, and that other online show which I watched quite a few episodes).

I never watched anymore because I saw how obsessed the fanbase was, and frankly it scared me. It was like some pagan ritual from the bronze age, I kept on waiting for someone to do a human sacrifice using a Wicker Man.
So if you don't watch the show, what are you doing in the forum besides trolling..?
Old 2009-07-10, 02:48   Link #483
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That would be a fun start...

Praise the God-Empress, may she be satified and end our Endless suffering of the dreaded Eight. May she accept our offering of Mikuru cosplay that we might gain insight and wisdom, by her mercy.

Lo shall the God-Empress grace us with St. Nagato-chi's elusive smile, never seen, but always desired.

Amen

"The KyonAni Empire is controlled by the chaotic will of the God-Empress Haruhi.
Her will is law. Her whims are chaos. Her needs are order."
Old 2009-07-10, 02:48   Link #484
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
And you wonder why I overuse Warhammer 40K quotes...

Quote:
This makes Metal Gear Solid 2, and End of Evangelion look like a love letter to fans. At least Kojima created good gameplay, and Gainax made an interesting movie. This is nothing but Kadokawa mocking you and then laughing at it while the money rolls in.
The thing is though, for all the flak that the studio is getting, people with their heads still screwed tight know where the blame lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro
Praise the God Empress, may she be satified and end our Endless suffering of the dreaded Eight. May she accept our offering of Mikuru cosplay that we might gain insight and wisdom, by her mercy.
You are so lucky I don't bring my Latin dictionary to work, or else I'd be working that for all its worth.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:49   Link #485
Jintor

Quote:

Frankly I could care less about this franchise, I just wish that instead of complaning you would watch something else. I mean their are plenty of good series out their and if Kadokawa doesn't respect you than I see no reason why anyone would watch this show. I mean it's not art, it's just flat out insulting the fans. I mean I know I have made fun of fans, and I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this, but no fan deserves what Kadokawa has put you guys through.

This makes Metal Gear Solid 2, and End of Evangelion look like a love letter to fans. Ay least Kojima created good gameplay, and Gainax made an interesting movie. This is nothing but Kadokawa mocking you and then laughing at it while the money rolls in.
So you're trolling?

It's nice and good that you 'care' about the 'fans' but if people take enjoyment from what they are watching then they're taking enjoyment from what they're watching, and you can't stop that.

I still don't see Kadokawa's profit margins growing explosively or even continuingly serenely along thanks to this thing... I'm pretty sure each iteration looks like it's costing about the same amount of monies as every other episode. And while I doubt there's going to be incredible backlash amongst consumers for the whole Endless Eight thing, I'm sure it's going to cut into merchandising noticably.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:50   Link #486
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonomi View Post
So if you don't watch the show, what are you doing in the forum besides trolling..?
That was a bit harsh so I re-edited the post to point out that I am sympathetic to what you guys are going through. I may not see what the huge deal with this series is, but I don't think anyone deserves this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrnea View Post
If you've only watched 2 Haruhi episodes, then I for one cannot come up with a reason as to why you're watching Endless Eight at all.
I didn't, I watched only the second and third episode of the series. It was only mere coincedence that I found out that Haruhi was repeating itself while reading Random Curiosity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
So you're trolling?
I am not trying to I am merely pointing out that if you hate what's going on you should stop watching it. I mean except for a couple of people who are claiming this episode is a wonderful show of symbolism everyone despises this episode.

So next time check to see if Endless Eight ends or not, if it doesn't than don't watch it. Apparently their isn't much difference between the episodes so I don't see what skipping the next one would do.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:54   Link #487
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Then you've actually missed the fun parts. Don't worry...they best is yet to come. Seriously. The four remaining older episodes are the best from the first season.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:56   Link #488
Jintor

Quote:
I am not trying to I am merely pointing out that if you hate what's going on you should stop watching it. I mean except for a couple of people who are claiming this episode is a wonderful show of symbolism everyone despises this episode.
Heh.

The thing is, you can't find out whether the loop ends or not unless you watch.

You could find out by reading the forums and spoiling it, but it's just not the same...

They've got us by the short 'n curlies.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:58   Link #489
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
You are so lucky I don't bring my Latin dictionary to work, or else I'd be working that for all its worth.
You would. I'm glad you didn't. I can never understand your latin versions. I stick to the english variant for Space Opera purposes.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:58   Link #490
aorta

It would be nice if Kyon was watching baseball at the beginning of the episode after the loop is broken.

Lain had almost the same exact beginning each episode and I never could tell which episode I was watching.
Old 2009-07-10, 03:00   Link #491
Mentar
Banned

I mean, please don't get me wrong here. More power to whoever likes this and seriously enjoys watching the 4th iteration, hunting for differences. Those who really do (and not just fake enjoyment to defend the show/studios they love) are the luckiest ones of us all.

I do have my favorites too, but I wonder how I would react to such... an approach. The most interesting aspect to me is to try to understand what the "powers behind the throne" are doing here. Because this is either one of the biggest professional trolling attemts ever or a hugely ingenious experimental marketing scheme. And I simply don't see the latter. I believe that in Kadokawa/KyoAni executive offices, there's some sweat dropping right now, because I doubt that the well-paying anime sponsors will be delighted by the fans' reactions overall.

Imagining this to be one of the shows I love, would I tolerate 4+ episodes of essentially identical content? Nope, I don't think so.
Old 2009-07-10, 03:09   Link #492
Lord Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrnea View Post
I agree with what someone else (I forget who) has said. The next episode needs to involve someone (preferably Nagato, although Mikuru would be hilarious) going insane and killing everyone, and it STILL not ending the loop.
Then they can do everything by the canon of the light novels (with the exception of the loop number, or maybe they'll have that right too just to fuck with our heads) in the final episode, and exit the loop that way.
Only one problem with this though... if everybody was killed, would the two weeks actually repeat itself you think? Or would everything that's keeping Haruhi from reshaping the entire world be gone, leaving the loop broken in an entirely different way. True, they can pretty much do everything they want and remain true to the light novels... except anything that would mess with Haruhi's emotions to the extend she doesn't want to see those two weeks repeat themselves.

I really do not know what to expect anymore. They planned this, that much is clear. I doubt Endless Eight is a mistake in the sense that they just thought it would be funny to do. Mind you, it might still be a mistake, but I won't be able to tell before it becomes clear what they're trying to pull.

At this moment, I'm jaded with these episodes. I'll keep watching, sure. I want to know what they're going to pull. I mean, it still beats seeing a planet blow up in '5 minutes', for 8 episodes long, while the main character and antagonist exchange blows for half those episodes, and power up for the other half... and I watched that, so I think I'll live through this.

Who knows... maybe they *will* fill up this season with Endless Eight, Sigh and some anime-originals and/or Haruhi theatre, and then start a new season on 18/12/2009.
Old 2009-07-10, 03:11   Link #493
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Oh good God, come on! Groundhog Day only took ten minutes to give us the point of the time loop!
Old 2009-07-10, 03:20   Link #494
Thingle
Banned

[QUOTE=Mr Bland;2504894

If that's not it, I think Kyon has to "embrace Haruhi from behind and tell here I love you."[/QUOTE]

Uhhh no. A head kick KO is more befitting. Just to purge the insanity off that brain.
Old 2009-07-10, 03:20   Link #495
Blaat

And I'm putting this show on-hold until endless eight stops being endless.
Old 2009-07-10, 03:21   Link #496
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I mean, please don't get me wrong here. More power to whoever likes this and seriously enjoys watching the 4th iteration, hunting for differences. Those who really do (and not just fake enjoyment to defend the show/studios they love) are the luckiest ones of us all.
I find the experience amusing actually. Plus, this episode did susprise me with the subtle changes done. The segment with the paper planes was delightful, to say the least.

Then again, I never expected anything (par for course for me), so you can say I was pleased with what I found.
Old 2009-07-10, 03:30   Link #497
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Once again Charred Knight astounds us all.....

I don't know, personally I don't see any reason to stand up and praise a company for deliberately messing with it's fanbase and with the progress of a season that a lot of people have been looking forward too. Likewise there's also nothing I can point to and say has been really well done with this season so far. I'd also have to make a lot of leaps of logic and beg many a question in order to rationalize this as a genius move of any kind. I'd hate to have to look back and say that it peaked with the first episode. Somebody had better get their act together if they want to salvage the anime franchise even somewhat. I can't imagine it ever again being looked upon in the same way as it was in 2006, but we can at least still have a decent second half and time well spent as opposed to time not so well wasted.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-07-10 at 03:43.
Old 2009-07-10, 03:37   Link #498
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
The most interesting aspect to me is to try to understand what the "powers behind the throne" are doing here. Because this is either one of the biggest professional trolling attemts ever or a hugely ingenious experimental marketing scheme. And I simply don't see the latter. I believe that in Kadokawa/KyoAni executive offices, there's some sweat dropping right now, because I doubt that the well-paying anime sponsors will be delighted by the fans' reactions overall.
Yep, I'd love to know what's going on over there also. I wish Kyoto Animation had a PR department, or a spokesperson, or a... press secretary.
Old 2009-07-10, 03:39   Link #499
Frostydrops
Lord of the Interwebz

Oh god i cant believe they repeated this for 4 episodes.
Old 2009-07-10, 03:51   Link #500
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Likewise there's also nothing I can point to and say has been really well done with this season so far. I'd also have to make a lot of leaps of logic and beg many a question in order to rationalize this as a genius move of any kind.
No one is, unfortunately there's nothing any of us can do at this point but ride out the storm -- and indeed, it's just that, one that's been brought about by the guys with the wallets. Kadokawa's got a lot to answer for to be sure.

I'm just enjoying spotting the differences per iteration and wondering which director is next in line to even be slightly miffed (I don't expect much anyway). As I mentioned, K-On animation aside, I was pleasantly surprised at the rooftop scene.

The real mystery in my mind is how how Kadokawa's Marketing rationalized the decision behind Endless Eight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostydrops View Post
Oh god i cant believe they repeated this for 4 episodes.
We're actually expecting two more episodes...

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2009-07-10 at 03:56. Reason: Quotes!
Closed Thread