AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-14, 13:42   Link #181
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
The one about her birthday and the radio thingy, eh..... HOW DID YOU FORGET THE BATH SCENE OH NO TELL ME YOU DIDN'T FORGET THAT
I was just trying to be "romantic" for once... you know, I have feelings too. that said, I obviously didn't forget the bath scene.. (i'm talkin' about dvd version).
and if it's about unforgettable things, I also didn't forget "Strike Subs" ver. of ep 7! lolz, how to further uncensor the already uncensored (officially)... that was epic to say the least.
Old 2010-07-14, 18:26   Link #182
Midonin
Last Engage

No matter how old I get, there will always be something about a group of old friends, happy reunions and theme songs playing as they save the day in sync that warms the heart. Pure pulp heroism, and that's what makes it great. Plus, some pretty cool sword tricks. Looks like whoever guessed that Mio's sword is her new shield was correct. The best defense is a good offense, they say. They also say the reverse, so they can be contradictory at times.

Next week: Brooms between the legs make for many a perverted thought.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 19:23   Link #183
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I was just trying to be "romantic" for once... you know, I have feelings too. that said, I obviously didn't forget the bath scene.. (i'm talkin' about dvd version).
and if it's about unforgettable things, I also didn't forget "Strike Subs" ver. of ep 7! lolz, how to further uncensor the already uncensored (officially)... that was epic to say the least.
Oh I knew full well you remembered that, because.... you didn't even mention her cute rocket launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin
No matter how old I get, there will always be something about a group of old friends, happy reunions and theme songs playing as they save the day in sync that warms the heart. Pure pulp heroism, and that's what makes it great. Plus, some pretty cool sword tricks. Looks like whoever guessed that Mio's sword is her new shield was correct. The best defense is a good offense, they say. They also say the reverse, so they can be contradictory at times.
You know, the teamwork aspect of this series is fantastic, I don't recall any of the witches going at it solo for the big fights (Shirley's run could be said as done with the help of Lucchini ), which makes for an even better feeling of accomplishment as a team rather than playing hero.

As for Mio's sword, she had her own sacred blacksmith scene so I just felt there's more to the sword than just for cutting. I figure this sword must be the main reason why she "went to the mountains", judging by her behavior leading up to that day she seems to have discovered something.

Quote:
Next week: Brooms between the legs make for many a perverted thought.
I just had this funny thought: is there any fan art of these girls flying the classic witch style substituting a broom for their guns? Especially for Lynette, her gun is quite long enough to look like a broom in-flight

I always wondered, I know Sanya-chan's rocket launcher is no light feather, so all these girls by default must have some strength increase. Now to see Trudy dual-wield those rocket launchers...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 19:39   Link #184
Dahak86
Classics never age

WOW GREAT EPISODE!!

Spoiler for ep2:

and so, looks like this, from now on, will take place in Romagna (Italy).. cool, hehe.

lol, the preview for next ep... brooms all the way... they're witches for real.

Last edited by Dahak86; 2010-07-14 at 19:54.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 21:39   Link #185
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep2:
Old 2010-07-14, 22:53   Link #186
mangatron

Quote:
WOW GREAT EPISODE!!

Spoiler for ep2:

and so, looks like this, from now on, will take place in Romagna (Italy).. cool, hehe.
Should I be happy another of my predictions came true.... these are happening too fast these days! Heaven help us all if I go for weekly predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep2:
Hmm, if there's one thing I'd like to experience in my life, it's to be on board a battleship during a full broadside.

At least these guys aren't like some ships in a certain seedy gundam series: they actually hit something Mio is right, they just need.... bigger guns

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-14, 23:32   Link #187
mechdra

Looks like Sanya grow up up to be less deadpan. Quite a sudden change nut it is good.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 01:45   Link #188
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm stoked, but not for the pantsu. There hasnt been much inyourface cameltoes (or my brain has adapted to turn it off) which is easier on the eyes. But it looks like the Allies are the villains this season, which further opens the possibility of confirming that the SEA theatre exists, and that Strike Witches will end with two nuclear blasts courtesy of Alberta Einstein and the Manhatten Project. Which will be awesome!

This old thread might even get resurrected!

Haven't watched but I hope GONZO don't make me eat my words so soon...
Old 2010-07-15, 02:24   Link #189
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2010-07-15, 03:01   Link #190
ramlaen

for those interested, the venetian ships were all italian ww2 ships

A Vittorio Veneto battleship, Zara cruiser's and Navigatori destroyer's
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 03:16   Link #191
djmaca
My Girl ↓

LOLZ at the way they all eventually showed up! It's like they all had the same mission with the exception of Sanya and her guardian who just showed up because of some fortune-telling. And the battle sequence was like from the first season... only better. Too bad Shirley's the only one who changed uniform....
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 03:38   Link #192
Nemuru

While not important for some:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...k-and-ireland/

So its all well and good for those in the UK and Ireland..... awell poor australia.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 04:04   Link #193
mangatron

UK and Ireland, sounds like a good start.

Quote:
-liked the "Ciao" of Lucchini. yea, you know i'm italian already, and i'm proud of her. Go lucchini! (for anyone curious -> Ciao=hI/Hello, but I bet you all know that already).
Heh a patriot, eh. I wonder if this is why I have the hots for Minna, seeing as she's Karlsland. Heh....

Well, isn't this one of the few anime with multinationals in recent years. I guess this is also one of those enjoyment factors in my list of "things I like about Strike Witches"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
for those interested, the venetian ships were all italian ww2 ships

A Vittorio Veneto battleship, Zara cruiser's and Navigatori destroyer's
Thanks for that, was about to do a search for "WWII Italian ships", as I mentioned earlier I don't know much about the Italian side of things so seeing as how they'll be operating in this theater I need to brush up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Hot damn, that whole battle sequence was insane. It looked like something you'd expect to see in a movie or the final episode, and this is only the second ep...hope AIC didn't blow the whole budget on this scene alone.
Well.... they just needed to pilfer some stuff from episode 01, surely it couldn't get any cheaper than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
LOLZ at the way they all eventually showed up! It's like they all had the same mission with the exception of Sanya and her guardian who just showed up because of some fortune-telling. And the battle sequence was like from the first season... only better. Too bad Shirley's the only one who changed uniform....
I was wondering about Lynette. Wasn't she in some sort of jam near the end of episode 01? Or it could be this large Neuroi was the problem...

I still laugh when I remember the song from Lucchini and Shirley in episode 02.
Old 2010-07-15, 04:06   Link #194
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Oh lawd, they recycled animation from the first ep.
This somehow irked me too as well... until I realized at the end that the fight in episode 1 was actually supposed to depict THIS battle. So it's more like they put a scene in episode 2 as a teaser in episode 1 since this particular battle is supposed to be the first time the 501st got together again. Crazy use of stock footage, but justifiable.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 04:59   Link #195
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Heh a patriot, eh.
hehe well, ye.. what left me pleased however is the fact the pronunciation was actually pretty good, sure still a bit far from perfection, but good nonetheless.

Quote:
I wonder if this is why I have the hots for Minna, seeing as she's Karlsland. Heh....
yea, probably. plus crotch shots from Minna are way more legal than Micchan's...

Quote:
Well, isn't this one of the few anime with multinationals in recent years. I guess this is also one of those enjoyment factors in my list of "things I like about Strike Witches"
sure, same here. multi-nationality is one of the best things of Strike Witches.

Quote:
I was wondering about Lynette. Wasn't she in some sort of jam near the end of episode 01? Or it could be this large Neuroi was the problem...
now that you make me think about it, you're right. But I'll go the easy route by saying extra-large Neuroi was the problem..

Anyway, epic battle indeed. Hope to see more eps like this one. well, judging by the preview, next one is about "training with brooms" so, let's see how that will turn out.
Old 2010-07-15, 05:12   Link #196
Piroko
Unknown Sleeping Youkai
*Fansubber

Whoo! The whole gang's back together. xD
The reunion was a nice sight, but the battle scenes was even better.

Not sure if my ears are listening right, but it seems to have different people singing for the ED, just like season one?

Too lazy to get a screenshot now, but there was a frame where Shirley and Lucchini symmetrically docked each other's pantsu.
Piroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 05:35   Link #197
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piroko View Post
Too lazy to get a screenshot now, but there was a frame where Shirley and Lucchini symmetrically docked each other's pantsu.
lol, during a battle against Neuroi never forget to do standard pantsu-docking procedures
Old 2010-07-15, 06:09   Link #198
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
While not important for some:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...k-and-ireland/

So its all well and good for those in the UK and Ireland..... awell poor australia.
Yeah it's fantastic news. Guess it was only a matter of time seeing as though they have the first season.

Sakamoto sure does recreate epic in this episode. I hope she has plenty of more awesome moments for us to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piroko View Post
That was recycled animation. We had that scene at the start of the first episode.
Old 2010-07-15, 06:12   Link #199
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I am looking for more Eila x Sanya and Shirley x Lucchini scenes.

More of the first actually....it is more obvious who's the seme and uke after the panty theft episode.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 07:39   Link #200
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Jan 2007 (financial meeting with shareholders 6 month later)
July 2008 (3.26 billion yen in debt)
July 2010 (one year after bankruptcy)

Spoiler for dual blade!:

Spoiler for gunbuster comparison:

Spoiler for weird shit, don't say I didn't warn you:
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume