Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-27, 10:40   Link #341
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Bad to hear that they cut out a lot of Uka's character development. Her problems are at this point far more interesting than Inari's.
This is one of these shows where the main character is completely outshined by the supporting cast. Uka and Touka are so much more interesting than Inari and Tanbabashi. Sumizome as well (loved her scene in this episode!). I don't dislike Inari, but sometimes I find myself wishing Uka was the protagonist. Especially after episodes like this week's.
Old 2014-02-27, 14:50   Link #342
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

My favorite scene in ep. 7 was the fight Uka & Touka had. It seriously looks like a lover's spat.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 00:03   Link #343
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
This is one of these shows where the main character is completely outshined by the supporting cast. Uka and Touka are so much more interesting than Inari and Tanbabashi. Sumizome as well (loved her scene in this episode!). I don't dislike Inari, but sometimes I find myself wishing Uka was the protagonist. Especially after episodes like this week's.
Im glad im not the only one who felt that way. Ive told my friend about this series. I enjoy it, but inari is not a great main lead. I find myself enjoying Uka and Touka's story more and more each week, but it's disappointing that they focus so little on it. The funniest parts of the last few eps were her coming over to play on the wii and him getten all tsun over losing haha. Anyway i wish the series would balance it out and not focus so much on inari.

I think if someone created a spin off based on touka and uka it'd be a big success and would possibly out do the original.
Old 2014-02-28, 12:25   Link #344
Ringil

Dude it's not the wii, it's the WOO.

On a more serious note, maybe it's just me but I felt this latest episode did a lot for Inari's storyline and made it almost equal to the Uka+Touka storyline. I liked the whole confession scene (though I agree that it is a bit of a betrayal of trust by Inari).
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 00:38   Link #345
hsmsful1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
Im glad im not the only one who felt that way. Ive told my friend about this series. I enjoy it, but inari is not a great main lead. I find myself enjoying Uka and Touka's story more and more each week, but it's disappointing that they focus so little on it. The funniest parts of the last few eps were her coming over to play on the wii and him getten all tsun over losing haha. Anyway i wish the series would balance it out and not focus so much on inari.

I think if someone created a spin off based on touka and uka it'd be a big success and would possibly out do the original.
We all lost interest in Inari's personality somewhere XD
Well I only have two persons whom I am interested in : Sumizome and Touka
Tanbabashi feels more like a side character, I mean I almost forget his face every episode.
hsmsful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 00:52   Link #346
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmsful1 View Post
We all lost interest in Inari's personality somewhere XD....
Not quite accurate - I have really enjoyed Inari as a character, bith in the manga and as she is portrayed in the adaptation. ^^
Old 2014-03-01, 09:48   Link #347
Kirarakim

I am an episode behind most of you since I am keeping up with Funimation but I enjoy Inari too. She feels like a heroine from a classic shoujo series. Actually this entire series gives me vibes of classic shoujo, despite it being seinen. But it has this very nostalgic feel to it.

I also really like how female friendships are portrayed here. There are of course many anime series with female friendships but a lot of them have an air of falseness to them. This all feels very genuine to me and something I can relate to from my own experiences & feelings.

On another note I really like Maru, obviously she is not the main character but it is extremely rare in anime for even a supporting main character to not be designed to appeal to the audience with their looks (especially with a female character).
Old 2014-03-01, 11:30   Link #348
HandofFate

I'm way more interested in the Uka x Inari's brother's development than all of inari and friends' middle school love strings
Old 2014-03-01, 20:53   Link #349
Manic
real men love pink

I dont have an issue with Inari story, but i dont think its that good to use 80% of the episodes for. Its boring, i'd like to see more balance with the series. I mean it was seriously killing me watching the girls fight and then solve it with Girl Power when i could have watched Uka x touka having romcom moments while playing mario kart.
Old 2014-03-01, 23:40   Link #350
HandofFate

I find it interesting that age for consumption of alcohol is 20 in japan, but its fine for minors to still buy it since you always see kids get sent out on errands to buy sake or they buy a bottle as a gift.
Old 2014-03-03, 02:31   Link #351
FateAnomaly

I feel so sorry for Uka that she had to fall for Touka who don't value her at all. Touka just got lucky that Uka is inexperienced in romance and disillusioned with the other gods and that he is one of the few humans who can see her. He is seriously annoying to watch. He is always being rough with Uka. And rage quitting when he loses at games. That guy really have some aggression issues to deal with.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 06:51   Link #352
sikvod00

He's a tsundere. One of the few times a female character has to deal with this BS.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 07:08   Link #353
Renchan

Not to mention he has a rather traumatizing memory involving Uka.

He does care about Uka to some extent, like when he let her to play in his house or asking why she looks down. Not caring in lover level yet (then again, he isn't her lover), but I won't say Touka didn't value Uka at all.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 15:53   Link #354
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 16:13   Link #355
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am an episode behind most of you since I am keeping up with Funimation but I enjoy Inari too. She feels like a heroine from a classic shoujo series. Actually this entire series gives me vibes of classic shoujo, despite it being seinen. But it has this very nostalgic feel to it.

I also really like how female friendships are portrayed here. There are of course many anime series with female friendships but a lot of them have an air of falseness to them. This all feels very genuine to me and something I can relate to from my own experiences & feelings.

On another note I really like Maru, obviously she is not the main character but it is extremely rare in anime for even a supporting main character to not be designed to appeal to the audience with their looks (especially with a female character).
Agree with all of this. Plotwise this show is nothing to write home about, the way the relationships between the friends are portrayed is excellent.

I also find the foxes adorable. I just felt like saying it, because most posts ignore them.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 16:59   Link #356
Manic
real men love pink

this was one of the better eps since it dealt with most of the plots i find the most interesting. Inari/Uka divine power situation and Touka/Uka romcom which had good development. Tho i think uka coulda gave Touka a bit more cred for helping her, i mean inari was just gonna stay at home and do nothing. Seems like its gonna end up being one of those situations where inari has to learn that she doesnt need uka's power's. Youd think there'd be a way for her to give powers back but still be able to see uka.
Old 2014-03-05, 17:44   Link #357
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This was hands down the best episode of the series. It focused on all the aspects I loved. Inari was particularly awesome in this episode, loved it when she spoke up and chewed out all those gods. She even managed to win Uka's dad over (who is pretty awesome himself). The Uka x Touka moments were great as always, their relationship is developing nicely.

Uka is in a tough situation. If she doesn't do anything, she will fade away, but if she takes back her power from Inari, their friendship will end. For the time being, Amaterasu seems to have decided to take matters into her own hands. What will happen?
Old 2014-03-05, 18:04   Link #358
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Damn, Inari is so cool. I'm sitting here editing the dialogue and I'm almost oozing envy.
Old 2014-03-05, 22:35   Link #359
LeoXiao
思想工作

Found this on a streaming site and had to repost:
"Shrine Dandy is a dandy in a shrine. He is a great father who can make his scary wife go dere dere and his sister go brocon."
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 08:41   Link #360
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Found this on a streaming site and had to repost:
"Shrine Dandy is a dandy in a shrine. He is a great father who can make his scary wife go dere dere and his sister go brocon."
And the MALE gods around swoon over him too

Just a thought, if Inari gives her power back to Uka, wouldn't she go back to Sumizome's form? Since Uka's original wish is still in effect.
Also does Touka see Uza in her full form or a ghostly shape still I wonder. At times both seem possible.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, seinen, slice of life, supernatural