AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Old 2009-11-09, 18:10   Link #21
MidoriHiME

I actually disliked Fumoffu the first time I saw it. That's probably because after the first season, I didn't care too much for the franchise. But after I saw TSR and fell in love with the franchise & characters, I rewatched Fumoffu and found it infinitely more amusing. Especially the rugby team episode. Oh my god. Favorite episode of Fumoffu, hands down.
Old 2009-11-09, 22:00   Link #22
xKeen

Sousuke's nature makes fumoffu funny...I liked episode 2 the best...

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 04:18   Link #23
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Oddly enough, I actually watched Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU before I saw the regular series. I know, really weird, but I did. I found it hilarious, and it actually spurred me on to watch the regular series.

Still one of the best comedy series I've seen to date.
Old 2009-11-13, 09:20   Link #24
Tabasco

That was one thing I liked about the manga, it interspersed a lot of the fumoffu stories in with the main line ones.

One of my favorite scenes in the show itself was how Sousuke just happened to have a hazmat suit handy in his classroom. I can't decide if that's being paranoid, or a reasonable precaution given past experience.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 15:40   Link #25
straferd
Toushi

This is the funniest anime I have ever seen. The Chidori/Sousuke interactions is simply the best, I need more of that.

Ep 2 is also my favourite.
straferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 09:42   Link #26
Celebrianna

Fumoffu is hilarious. My favorite funny episodes are those where the class thought that they would die from that biological weapon. I laugh my face off every time.
Celebrianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 20:06   Link #27
mumuja

i agree it was pretty well done and it's soo funny to watch too
mumuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 22:08   Link #28
animeffs13240
V for Victory

i liked fumoffu it was all comedy and it showed the funny parts of fmp. i especially like the boot camp part of rugby club and when tessa comes into town (whenever tessa is involved i know that im gonna enjoy it)
Old 2010-08-26, 03:46   Link #29
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I love Fumoffu I have to say my favorite episodes are the Rugby one and the part where Kaname and Souske (sp?) go into the haunted hospital especially the part where he comments that he is glad the floating head wasn't a bomb

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 02:05   Link #30
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
I love Fumoffu I have to say my favorite episodes are the Rugby one and the part where Kaname and Souske (sp?) go into the haunted hospital especially the part where he comments that he is glad the floating head wasn't a bomb
You gotta love Souske and his constant thinking of things being bombs or traps or something else dangerous Its really funny he was not scared no matter what. Probably because he cannot even think of anything super-suspicious after being in battles for a looong time.
Old 2010-08-27, 22:45   Link #31
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeffs13240 View Post
(whenever tessa is involved i know that im gonna enjoy it)
It's like you read my mind or something...only problem is that her Fumoffu episodes (or really, episode) were basically retarded fanservice segments. Really, what's the deal with fanservice? Sex appeal is much stronger when it isn't played out to the point of no return. I'm waiting for somebody in Japan to recognize this and stop milking it in their anime, but they disappoint me time and time again...

Aside from that, Fumoffu was an ingenious move. They got the focus all wrong with the first FMP, where the action and drama were slow, poorly written and dulled the comedic aspects, but here, Sousuke and Kaname are in full throttle, doing what they do best: bickering, putting themselves in hilarious situations, and keeping their relationship extremely ambiguous.

Last episode was fucking hilarious. No other anime has made me laugh that hard (plus, I never did figure out whether Sousuke was gonna bang Kaname or not...seriously, need some confirmation on this).

Last edited by SJCrew; 2010-08-28 at 12:55.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 02:19   Link #32
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Aside from that, Fumoffo was an ingenious move. They got the focus all wrong with the first FMP, where the action and drama were slow, poorly written and dulled the comedic aspects, but here, Sousuke and Kaname are in full throttle, doing what they do best: bickering, putting themselves in hilarious situations, and keeping their relationship extremely ambiguous.
You are right on this as well. The first season was way to slow to establish the relationship/feelings of Kaname and Sousuke, but when Fumoffo came out, they basically went all out as you said, and even put in the occasional "Love Triangle" between Tessa, Kaname, and Sousuke.

Quote:
Last episode was fucking hilarious. No other anime has made me laugh that hard (plus, I never did figure out whether Sousuke was gonna bang Kaname or not...seriously, need some confirmation on this).
The last episode was probably the funniest I have ever seen, when it was all going chaotic, and Sousuke brought Kaname to the nurse's officer and asked Kaname to get naked and get on the bed, making her think he wants to get it on with her was probably the funniest thing ever, what made it even more hilarious was that she actually agreed.

Sousuke seemed like he was not gonna bang Kaname at all, probably just thought something strange was going to happen so he wanted to see for himself the effects.
Old 2010-09-01, 10:35   Link #33
Langus
Optimus Prime

Gotta say my favourite has always been the episode where he leaves her homework at home and they go on an epic journey to get it back before class starts.

They had me at Kyoko's line [Kaname seems like she's in good mood today] "I wonder if her constipation cleared up..."

So unexpected and perfect. It gets me every time.
Old 2010-09-01, 18:20   Link #34
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Gotta say my favourite has always been the episode where he leaves her homework at home and they go on an epic journey to get it back before class starts.
I loved the part when Kaname and Sousuke barrel-rolled to get onto the train, such a perfectly timed thing to placed in that episode.

Especially with the ending of this episode
Old 2010-11-13, 09:04   Link #35
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Fumoffu indeed funny, but I kinda sad to not see Gauron there
That guy attitude to put down permanently any resistance or obstacle of his way resemble me so much.
When the female teacher attempt to be a hero* in 1st season anime (as well as their manga counterpart) , I feel instance likeness to his character.

*it's when Kaname's school aboard a Jumbo plane and hijacked by Gauron to get Kaname for Whispered Testing in North Korea

Fumoffu best episode for me is 1st one with Kidnapped Chidori by a Female Head Gang and when Tessa come to Jindai High School to romantically maul her male-teenage-subordinate. Too bad her attempt to sneak in sousuke cupboard bed foiled by Mao. Bad Mao
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 03:50   Link #36
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I watch them all 3 series of them, look at the pic below, they're side by side.....

I watch them, so I say they are all related, they got all of the major cast, then, they are...why think o it as it as unrelated....???
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote