AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Gurren-Lagann - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 91 67.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 20.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 7.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-26, 09:35   Link #61
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Well, doesn't matter exactly who killed Kamina, Viral had a hand in it anyway.

The thing about Rossiu is that he's fairly misunderstood. Yeah he made some stupid ass choices, so what? If Gainax can turn this prick into Simon's right hand man, then that will be a great achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
By the way, am I the only one that believes Simon took off Nia's plot armor this episode? When she said she could not return it was a sure thing she was going to be saved but now that Simon said that any probability other than zero is equal to a hundred percent he basically created some some ambiguity around her future.
Hmm, I don't get what you mean. If Simon says he can save her... then I believe in him. How's that creating some uncertainty in her future?
Old 2007-08-26, 09:40   Link #62
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Hmm, I don't get what you mean. If Simon says he can save her... then I believe in him. How's that creating some uncertainty in her future?
The "Law of Irony" in storytelling of course!
Old 2007-08-26, 09:42   Link #63
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Ah haha. Yeah well in other circumstances, I'd agree with your line of reasoning. But yeah well, u know, being a Nia fanatic makes me wanna go with the better option. :P
Old 2007-08-26, 09:44   Link #64
Boohahaha

Rossiu's is a bit of a enigma character, we never knew too much about him and certainly the reasons why he has acted this way since the time skip. I think the next episode will be more focused on him which is good. People tend to always jump to conclusions too easily especially their favorite character (Simon) is mis-treated.
Old 2007-08-26, 09:46   Link #65
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Well.. not that I dont like Rosui, but I can see why he fail and many people hate him.

Rosui:
- Force people to live on the surface eventhough they refuse to, he uses his army to capture those people out - FAIL

- Blame everything on Simon when things turn bad. Put him in prison and try to execute him. "This is politic" - FAIL

- Destroy all Gunmen because they are old and useless thinking that Graphal is superior in every way - FAIL

- Put people into a gigantic ship trying to run away like a dog. Unknowing that Anti-Spiral is on the space - FAIL

- Choose the abandon most people on earth which includes Yoko's students. - FAIL

- Dodge Kittan's punch. - FAIL

- Always give up when things turn bad. Instead of keeping his calm face and try to solve things (like Leeron), he gave up - FAIL

At least he bring Spiral King back!~ The best thing he did EVER!
Old 2007-08-26, 09:52   Link #66
Kirarakim

I've been lurking for awhile but I finally decided to join after this episode. It was amazing. I love Simon and Nia so I was really happy at the end. And I actually have to agree with Musashiken, if Simon says he can save Nia than he will save Nia. I believe in him 100%.

Even if Nia does die in the end, than she will die as the old Nia. That I am certain of.

I also loved the Viral/Simon team up in this episode. They were perfect together.

However I have to strongly disagree that Simon's right hand man in the first episode flash forward is Rossiu. I am not really sure where people are getting Rossiu? The guy next to Simon has a completely different seiyuu. Simon might sound different in the flash forward but it is still his seiyuu.

Anyways I am convinced that the guy is Boota transformed. Boota is always near Simon, but where is he during the flash forward? It might sound ridiculous but it makes the most sense aside from a completely new character.
Old 2007-08-26, 09:54   Link #67
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
The "Law of Irony" in storytelling of course!
The other rule applies if its a speech is from the hero.
"Law of GAR" - what he said he can do, he will be able to do it. Welcome to GGG.
Old 2007-08-26, 09:56   Link #68
terrus

Spoiler for Episode 23:
Old 2007-08-26, 10:04   Link #69
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
Spoiler for Episode 23:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-26, 10:04   Link #70
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
Well.. not that I dont like Rosui, but I can see why he fail and many people hate him.

Rosui:
- Force people to live on the surface eventhough they refuse to, he uses his army to capture those people out - FAIL

- Blame everything on Simon when things turn bad. Put him in prison and try to execute him. "This is politic" - FAIL

- Destroy all Gunmen because they are old and useless thinking that Graphal is superior in every way - FAIL

- Put people into a gigantic ship trying to run away like a dog. Unknowing that Anti-Spiral is on the space - FAIL

- Choose the abandon most people on earth which includes Yoko's students. - FAIL

- Always give up when things turn bad. Instead of keeping his calm face and try to solve things (like Leeron), he gave up - FAIL

LOLOL!

Best list EVAR!
Old 2007-08-26, 10:34   Link #71
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
The other rule applies if its a speech is from the hero.
"Law of GAR" - what he said he can do, he will be able to do it. Welcome to GGG.
Or post-Eclipse Guts for that matter but I believe we will get a twist in a Diebuster fashion with Gurren-Lagann.
Old 2007-08-26, 11:02   Link #72
Boohahaha

Quote:

Rosui:

- Well most military equipment do become obsolete and phased out after a while, plus it was used more as a symbol that humans have developed
their OWN Garmen and their advancements. Although since it has been only 7 years I would have kept them just in case.

- In terms of abandoning people and saving those he can, there is NOTHING wrong with that. Honestly it is only wrong because we all KNEW that
Simon was going to save the day. However if a similar situation occurred and there was never a Simon or some miracle, then that would have been
the most pragmatic decision to make since I would do the same thing too.

- Hmm I thought dodging Kittan's punch was l337 and only made Kittan look foolish.
Old 2007-08-26, 11:18   Link #73
Dave1988
Kick reason to the curb!

Send a message via MSN to Dave1988
I wonder what made Rossiu think that the anti-spirals wouldn't ambush the Arc Gurren in outer space?
Old 2007-08-26, 12:25   Link #74
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
What in the--. The moon's a giant ship? How very convenient for GenomeHead to only reveal this now. >_>
Lord Genome's head has a history of not spilling secrets, Genome always commented on a discovery after-the-fact. It's not like the moon = Garcadia was a totally out of left field, either - it's the only twist for this episode I guessed correctly.
Old 2007-08-26, 12:36   Link #75
wana10

this episode was amazing, like 11/10, omg why isn't it next week already amazing. this series has a lock on being an amazing series, and nothing they could do from this point could change that. only thing left to worry about is whether or not this one gets screwed like diebuster on it's us release....god i hope not.
Old 2007-08-26, 14:18   Link #76
terrus

it's been licensed so there shouldn't be anything to worry about i should think
Old 2007-08-26, 15:36   Link #77
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
it's been licensed so there shouldn't be anything to worry about i should think
He's worried about the high price and lack of a dub. Frankly, in the past year or so I've grown to acknolwedge dubs are overrated and people only watch them for nostalgic reasons, but price is always a salient problem and Bandai Visual just charges too much for their stuff.
Old 2007-08-26, 16:18   Link #78
wana10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
He's worried about the high price and lack of a dub. Frankly, in the past year or so I've grown to acknolwedge dubs are overrated and people only watch them for nostalgic reasons, but price is always a salient problem and Bandai Visual just charges too much for their stuff.
i don't care about a dub...rarely does a series have a dub that i can tolerate. what pisses me off is stretching a six episode series onto 3 discs and then charging a ridiculous higher than normal price for each disc. (i'm looking at you diebuster and flcl) especially when things like the godannar thinpack set proves that you can fit 6 episodes, with dual language, subtitles and everything else, on one freaking disc! BLARGH! WANA10 SMASH!... (sorry 'bout that, too much world war hulk lately)

anywho, back on topic, if i knew that all i had to do to give my car an awesome black and red paint job was jam a drill in it...there would be punctures all through the roof
Old 2007-08-26, 17:58   Link #79
Gene Yuss
I Cheat at Solitare

http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...huge_hole.html
GOD DAMNIT SIMON, YOU BROKE THE UNIVERSE. XD
Old 2007-08-26, 18:19   Link #80
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

^LOL.

Gainax is destroying teh universe. Curses!
Closed Thread