AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-05-14, 09:53   Link #21
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK anime seeker
Just feel like asking this question. Do you perfer Halo on the computer or the Xbox?

Personaly, I like it on te computer because I have a mounse. It means that I can sudenly turn around and its alot easier to aim. But i'm bias Because I've never played it on the Xbox.
Ah the old console vs. pc fps control debate. My opinion may be a little biased because I am mainly a console player and just got my comp this year. I prefer the console for three reasons.
1. Movement. I just find moving, dodging and strafing to be easier with a controller. It may be because I am just not used to the mouse and keyboard yet but I can avoid a Hunter easier on the XBOX than on the pc.
2. Button usage. Once again, this just may be my being unnacustomed to using the keyboard but sometimes I cant find the button I need in the heat of battle. With a contoller, I know exactly where every button is and what it does instinctively.
3. Aiming. A lot of people say that they like that fact that the mouse is so accurate and easy to use. I say, yeah it makes me feel like a badass but it's a little too easy. Swinging around the gun with a controller makes me feel more like I'm swinging a gun around. I have to level it off and take the shot. Sometimes, based on the situation, I may not be able to get the shot I want and headshots are actually hard to get at times. With a mouse, it's just point and click. I've played about 3 or 4 fps on my pc since I got it and I feel like god.

This is of course just my opinion. I will admit that pc graphics blow my XBOX away. I sometimes get shot just oggling at FarCry.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 14:29   Link #22
GungFuFury
hungry hungry hippo

Send a message via AIM to GungFuFury
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStar
Ah the old console vs. pc fps control debate. My opinion may be a little biased because I am mainly a console player and just got my comp this year. I prefer the console for three reasons.
1. Movement. I just find moving, dodging and strafing to be easier with a controller. It may be because I am just not used to the mouse and keyboard yet but I can avoid a Hunter easier on the XBOX than on the pc.
2. Button usage. Once again, this just may be my being unnacustomed to using the keyboard but sometimes I cant find the button I need in the heat of battle. With a contoller, I know exactly where every button is and what it does instinctively.
3. Aiming. A lot of people say that they like that fact that the mouse is so accurate and easy to use. I say, yeah it makes me feel like a badass but it's a little too easy. Swinging around the gun with a controller makes me feel more like I'm swinging a gun around. I have to level it off and take the shot. Sometimes, based on the situation, I may not be able to get the shot I want and headshots are actually hard to get at times. With a mouse, it's just point and click. I've played about 3 or 4 fps on my pc since I got it and I feel like god.

This is of course just my opinion. I will admit that pc graphics blow my XBOX away. I sometimes get shot just oggling at FarCry.
Yeh I agree... I definitely prefer playing on the xbox more that on the PC because it just feels more like I'm in the action and holding a gun to shoot... also when your used to it .. the controls just feel like an extension of yourself and its sooo easy to aim and control
GungFuFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 22:32   Link #23
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by GungFuFury
Yeh I agree... I definitely prefer playing on the xbox more that on the PC because it just feels more like I'm in the action and holding a gun to shoot... also when your used to it .. the controls just feel like an extension of yourself and its sooo easy to aim and control
But your fingers will ache if you play too much right?... unlike the mouse... its so simple... you can never feel pain wen u are playing too much... except for the keyboard though...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 23:15   Link #24
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I'm adept at both using the controller and the mouse. While the mouse might have a slight advantage when sniping, I prefer using a console in a dorm room setting. Its great to have a bunch of friends gather around the tv and play together (and then connect on the network against even more people).
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 01:53   Link #25
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
I'm adept at both using the controller and the mouse. While the mouse might have a slight advantage when sniping, I prefer using a console in a dorm room setting. Its great to have a bunch of friends gather around the tv and play together (and then connect on the network against even more people).
Yes... It's really fun... though I prefer playing myself... against everyone... heheheh...
Old 2004-05-15, 12:13   Link #26
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
But your fingers will ache if you play too much right?... unlike the mouse... its so simple... you can never feel pain wen u are playing too much... except for the keyboard though...
I've played marathon sessions of gaming with no finger pain. Controllers nowadays are ergonomically designed so you dont get any hand pain. The only game I have had hand or finger pain playing in the last couple of years or so is SSX Tricky.
Old 2004-05-17, 09:16   Link #27
GungFuFury
hungry hungry hippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn

My fingers have NEVER ached from playing any video games using the xbox controller no matter how many hours i put into it... my eyes give way before my fingers ever do... hahah... anyways ign has done a hands on article of Halo 2's multiplayer and i must say... if this game were a girl... i'd marry it... as weird as that may sound but the article says that there will be new lock on features with some of the weapons such as the rocket launcher can somewhat home in on targets if the aiming reticle is locked on the target long enough AND you will now be able to use the convinent plasma sword or whatever it was called and lunge at opponents up to 15 feet away from you for an instant kill.... other new features are the ability to select a covenant elite instead of master chief clone for the multiplayer but there r no differences between the two except for looks... vehicles are now destructible meaning u can shoot out the tires or the warthogs or just blow it to smitherines... the environments are now destructible as well ala red faction if anyone has played that fun FPS game.... you can also hi-jack any vehicle driven by the enemy so long as it is goin slow enough but they can do the same right back to you if you dont get away fast enough... the new maps give rise to almost an infinite amount of strategies to apply... and i think they might have taken away powerups such as camo and heavy sheild which i think is great cause then you would just have to rely on pure skill alone... also duel weapon weilding is a new feature allowing you to shoot one gun with the left trigger as well as the other gun with the right trigger although firing both at the same time will have a huge kick back that your aim will fly upwards as soon as you do this meaning you would need to aim at the enemies feet to start the attack but theyll be dead by the time you reach their head... also great about this feature is that you dont have to shoot them at the same time... thats what the two trigger contol is for... you also cant throw any grenades while weilding duel guns but you can set aside one of the guns whenever you please just by pressing Y button... there will be customizable symbols to place on the head of your character for any of you clan members... theres just soooo many things that you can do in this game that makes me drool all over this computer as we speak...theres more but i cant think of any right now... if you have any questions just post them or go to ign and take a ganders at the article and short movie clip that they got there...
Old 2004-05-17, 11:16   Link #28
Sid_Burn
Banned

Quote:
My fingers have NEVER ached from playing any video games using the xbox controller no matter how many hours i put into it... my eyes give way before my fingers ever do... hahah... anyways ign has done a hands on article of Halo 2's multiplayer and i must say... if this game were a girl... i'd marry it... as weird as that may sound but the article says that there will be new lock on features with some of the weapons such as the rocket launcher can somewhat home in on targets if the aiming reticle is locked on the target long enough AND you will now be able to use the convinent plasma sword or whatever it was called and lunge at opponents up to 15 feet away from you for an instant kill.... other new features are the ability to select a covenant elite instead of master chief clone for the multiplayer but there r no differences between the two except for looks... vehicles are now destructible meaning u can shoot out the tires or the warthogs or just blow it to smitherines... the environments are now destructible as well ala red faction if anyone has played that fun FPS game.... you can also hi-jack any vehicle driven by the enemy so long as it is goin slow enough but they can do the same right back to you if you dont get away fast enough... the new maps give rise to almost an infinite amount of strategies to apply... and i think they might have taken away powerups such as camo and heavy sheild which i think is great cause then you would just have to rely on pure skill alone... also duel weapon weilding is a new feature allowing you to shoot one gun with the left trigger as well as the other gun with the right trigger although firing both at the same time will have a huge kick back that your aim will fly upwards as soon as you do this meaning you would need to aim at the enemies feet to start the attack but theyll be dead by the time you reach their head... also great about this feature is that you dont have to shoot them at the same time... thats what the two trigger contol is for... you also cant throw any grenades while weilding duel guns but you can set aside one of the guns whenever you please just by pressing Y button... there will be customizable symbols to place on the head of your character for any of you clan members... theres just soooo many things that you can do in this game that makes me drool all over this computer as we speak...theres more but i cant think of any right now... if you have any questions just post them or go to ign and take a ganders at the article and short movie clip that they got there...
Your fingers dont ache after playing 10hrs or more...? Incredible..., usually my fingers ache after playing only 2 hrs..., but the mouse..., even if I continue clicking for 12 hrs... I never feel any single ache in my fingers... anyway...

WHOA!!! nice info about Halo 2 though..., I will be expecting that...
Old 2004-05-19, 22:50   Link #29
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStar
movement with the controller has more of a 'gliding' feel to aim and shoot
PC is much more precise and more 'aim-y' to its shooting and movement
and uh...pressing a thumbstick is a bit different from using a gun
i guess it could be likened to that if you always hold the gun from the shoulder and rotate like that, but holding the gun from the hip and bringing it up to fire provides better results...if not in a position where you expect enemy contact
and if you do practice with handling the guns, it is possible to look at a target, snap your gun up and have the sights pretty much aligned with the target without much readjustment

red....faction.... that game sucked.
horrible ai, stupid story and stupidly easy
and the new stuff in halo 2 has pretty much all been done in other games
so nothing amazingly new in that
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 23:07   Link #30
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MwyC
movement with the controller has more of a 'gliding' feel to aim and shoot
PC is much more precise and more 'aim-y' to its shooting and movement
and uh...pressing a thumbstick is a bit different from using a gun
i guess it could be likened to that if you always hold the gun from the shoulder and rotate like that, but holding the gun from the hip and bringing it up to fire provides better results...if not in a position where you expect enemy contact
and if you do practice with handling the guns, it is possible to look at a target, snap your gun up and have the sights pretty much aligned with the target without much readjustment

red....faction.... that game sucked.
horrible ai, stupid story and stupidly easy
and the new stuff in halo 2 has pretty much all been done in other games
so nothing amazingly new in that
First it's not a thumbstick, it's an index finger button. :fingers:
Seriously, It's just a preference. I realize the pc is more precise, I even said as much. I just like the controller better overall.
Which Red Faction are you talking about? 2 was a mindless romp but I thought the first one was an inspired FPS outing for a console.
Old 2004-05-20, 00:03   Link #31
Sid_Burn
Banned

I am currently playing Red Fation 2... and it seems quite good..., but not as good as Halo though..., anyway it is still fun...
Old 2004-05-20, 01:42   Link #32
MwyC

hahahaha...i meant the thumbsticks for the crosshair movement
out of all the console controllers though, i like the xbox the most, i have to admit

still, pc is better
:fingers:

im talking about RF1..havent played rf2
rf1 i played through almost 3/4 of the game with just the pistol..stopped using it because the guys just werent dropping any more of the stuff
the deformable terrain is nice in theory, but it doesnt work as well as it was advertised, you can only blow through so much
and the vehicles were pretty piss poor
handled like water buffalos
Old 2004-05-20, 09:13   Link #33
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Ooohhh, you confused me when you said pressing the thumbstick as opposed to swiveling. Yeah, its nowhere near like a gun but like I said, the mouse is almost too easy. Point at their heads and click. It helps that pc games seem about twice as hard as console games. You have to play Halo on XBOX on heroic or even legendary to get a pc's default difficulty.
Red Faction 1 is dated. At the time and considering the system and comparable games around at the time it was pretty good. I wouldnt go through it now, I'd probably be bored.
Old 2004-05-20, 11:15   Link #34
MwyC

yeah, but i played it a week after its release
it was sub par then, it is sub par now

yep, i agree with you with the xbox difficulty thing
i could play through the pc version on a harder difficulty without too much trouble
Old 2004-05-20, 15:11   Link #35
GungFuFury
hungry hungry hippo

just got wind of another feature.... more than 2 teams can now play against eachother in multiplayer and so far its 16 max players although this is not definite... they may make the max players more before the release... the developers Bungie have been workin hard with xbox live developers to enhance the online experience with new messaging system and stuff for clans... although they are being really secretive about these features... also there will be a coop option as well... but online coop is not confirmed... thats all i got for now... hope that made some people drool a lil more...
Old 2004-05-20, 16:40   Link #36
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Online coop would rule. Put it on legendary and just drop 4 Spartans in the middle of a mess.
Old 2004-05-20, 22:39   Link #37
MwyC

that more than one team per map sounds pretty promising
the 16 player limit doesnt
Old 2004-05-21, 00:55   Link #38
Sid_Burn
Banned

Quote:
just got wind of another feature.... more than 2 teams can now play against eachother in multiplayer and so far its 16 max players although this is not definite... they may make the max players more before the release... the developers Bungie have been workin hard with xbox live developers to enhance the online experience with new messaging system and stuff for clans... although they are being really secretive about these features... also there will be a coop option as well... but online coop is not confirmed... thats all i got for now... hope that made some people drool a lil more...
Whoa!!! a whole new feature for clan gaming in Halo2!?... must deliver the news to the MJ12 Clan Forum...